[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Think about it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (476 KB, 3000x1700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
476 KB, 3000x1700
NX launching in March 2017 is so it can maintain a game ratio.

Wii U released in Fall 2012,

But after that it had absolutely nothing until Pikmin 3 in 2013 in fucking August, and that was AFTER E3.

When NX releases, you have a game library and E3's right around the corner for fall releases and any summer games, it's fucking perfect
>>
I won't buy an NX at launch, not even if it launches with F-Zero and Metroid.
>>
Bunp
>>
>>336354016

The entire point of the launch is to keep giving you games

You fucks keep asking for games and you still fucking ditch when they provide

This shit is why Nintendo took the gimmick route with the Wii

Because you fucks won't fucking buy their stuff when they do hardware and games liked you asked

Just like N64 and GC
>>
Bloop
>>
Burp
>>
You're right, OP, but retards here aren't going to get it.

Think about what we know about the dev teams at Nintendo:
-Koizumi and friends released Mario 3D World at the end of 2013, then released Captain Toad the next year (though I'd be very surprised if that wasn't made by a small team of less experienced devs).
It's then extremely likely that the next Mario is almost done, and if it was planned for Wii U it's certainly on NX now. I wouldn't be surprised if it'll be basically done by Christmas and just held until six months after NX launch just to not compete with Zelda.

-Mario Kart was released 2 years ago. That's about how long it is between each entry, but since presumably we're getting NX before the next handheld (if not in place of it altogether) I can see it being a launch title.

-Animal Crossing last came out at the end of 2012, so over 3 years ago. That's a pretty abnormally long time for an AC game, especially since they went to the trouble of making those nice models supposedly just for a Wii U app nobody cares about. My theory is AC U was held off to release close to NX launch on that system, and the team put out those two shitty spinoffs instead.
However part of the AC team is also responsible for Splatoon, and I anticipate Nintendo to try to make Splatoon into a big IP on NX, so who knows what their plan is there.

-Retro is working on a new IP. I imagine we won't see anything about that until at least next year.

-Tanabe is obviously doing Federation Force with Next Level Games, but who knows what they'll do after that. I think Tanabe is eager to get an actual Metroid game underway but there isn't anyone good available at the moment.

-Sakamoto is likely working on Nintendo's mobile games. I doubt Nintendo wants him to do another Metroid, which is why we haven't seen one in awhile.

cont.
>>
>>336359334
-What is Grezzo doing? I wonder if Nintendo will have them do something totally new after their success with OOT3D and MM3D.

-I'd bet a million dollars AlphaDream is working on a new M&L game.

-HAL just released a new Kirby game, but I bet they're gonna do another one right after that. So probably another 2 year cycle.

-Intelligent Systems has expanded a lot recently. They probably have a team working on a new Fire Emblem, they have a team doing Paper Mario this year, and I'd bet they have something else in the works. Probably won't see that for at least a year, though.

-Monolith is probably doing a new game, I expect it'll be another 3 years since Xenoblade just came out.

Aside from that, Miyamoto is doing Pikmin 4, Aonuma is doing Zelda, and a couple other guys probably have some projects going on.

Nintendo would be retarded if they didn't do a port of Smash at launch, and Mario Maker and Splatoon later on. They need games coming out as much as possible and it'd be foolish to let all these games they had on Wii U that lots of people haven't played go to waste. The games may even just play natively on NX anyway and cost nothing to port or offer digitally.

>>336357142
N64 and GCN didn't do too well but certainly did much better than Wii U. The situations aren't comparable. At the time it wasn't really worthwhile to port to those systems because it was difficult, so everyone just released on PS1 and PS2 and left it at that.

These days publishers want to release on everything that'll make them any profit. They hesitantly supported the Wii U at launch with some half-assed ports of older games, but when it sold badly they immediately stopped bothering.

If Nintendo has Zelda and Smash at launch for NX, it will absolutely sell better and I'd be very surprised if pubs didn't scramble to port all their old games to it for cheap and then start releasing on it by default in the future.
>>
It makes sense, but they didn't need to delay Zelda Wii U because of it.

Now they won't make much profit on the Wii U version because it will be the inferior copy, and Wii U owners are now feeling burned due to a sparse Wii U catalogue being all they have until the NX is out.
We still don't even know the name of their console and it's out in 10 months.
We've never seen it or heard anything from Nintendo about it but we're being told to be patient and tolerate their dying console in the meantime.

I appreciate wanting a console launch that isn't shit, but they're hurting their existing fans in the meantime.
>>
Every single franchise they have released has been aimed at the disney XD crowd.
So until they decide that older crowds also would like games, I'm done.
>>
>>336360845
Having the NX version delayed but not the Wii U version would cut into the NX version's sales. They need the hype of the game to be at full power to sell the NX.

I know it sucks for Wii U owners, but let's be real here, most Wii U owners are hardcore Nintendo fans who are probably going to buy the NX.

From a business standpoint, screwing Wii U owners was the right choice here. The NX absolutely has to be a success and Zelda has to be a smash hit. They can't afford to take the risk.

It would have been nice to throw Wii U owners a few bones still. Though I doubt anything they could have come out with would satisfy them over Zelda short of a new Metroid or F-Zero or some other pipedream game.

My unrealistic prediction is F-Zero GX HD announced at E3, it would be easy as fuck and restore some good will. Star Fox was probably their original plan for the fanservice game but then it got shit reviews.

>>336361295
>muh mature games for mature gamers such as myself
You wouldn't buy a Nintendo system unless they released Dark Souls IV, the Last of Us 2 and Bioshock Threeie on it anyway, so they don't care what you want. Go get a PS4 if all you want are cinematic shooters.

Not saying that's all that's on PS4 but that's where all the braindead games you people like are so fuck off
>>
>>336353882
>Wii U released in Fall 2012,
Holy shit. Has it really been this long?
>>
>>336361612
What the fuck are you talking about, I don't play any of those games because they are also shit.
I want snes era nintendo with games for ALL ages.
>>
>>336360468
well Alpha Dream said that after BiS they started right away on DT, and the same with PJ after DT. I'm not complaining though, I love the M&L series
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.