[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just finished the water temple on my very first OoT playthrough
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: wt.jpg (29 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
wt.jpg
29 KB, 800x600
I just finished the water temple on my very first OoT playthrough (3DS version). And desu I don't get all the hate. Is that a meme or something? I mean, sure it wasn't great but it wasn't THAT bad either. Or maybe they tweaked it for a 3DS re-release or something?
>>
>>336347816
It was just asinine to constantly enter the menu to take the boots on and off, and the fact that the N64 lagged really bad on entering/exit the pause menu iirc
>>
>>336348101
Ah, that explains why it didn't bother me at all on the 3DS version. That problem is non existent there
>>
>>336347816
They fixed everything that was wrong with it in the 3DS version. It's a pretty fun temple now.
>>
they did make it slightly easier for the 3ds version but even the original isnt that bad. i had more trouble with MM and TPs water temples. i think stone tower is probably the most laborious of the series (off the top of my head)

so yea its a meme
>>
oh and one more thing... I am totally new to the Zelda franchise and I own both 3DS and Wii U. Are the new remasters superior or should I dig up original titles instead? I am really enjoying OoT on 3DS so far. It must have been a groundbreaking game back in the day.
>>
>>336348852
>It must have been a groundbreaking game back in the day.

Oldfag here. It really was. I still prefer 2D Zeldas though. They reward exploration better than the 3D games do. I love OoT but I think the overworld is lacking.
>>
>>336349002
Before buing OoT I've finished Link Bewteen Worlds and I thought it was amazing. Especially because I wasn't bored outside of dungeons. In OoT I'm just trying to get to the next dungeon asap because the overworld feels really barren and depressing.
>>
>>336348852
I really recommend the Master Quest of OoT after you beat the base game. I first had access to it in that version and it really made me love the game again.
I'd say play Wind Waker or Twilight Princess next, both of their HD remakes are just great, and they're good continuations of the series in gameplay.
Play Majora's Mask after you beat all three so you can appreciate how different it is and why it's the black sheep of the franchise.
Have fun!
>>
>>336349210
yeah i think outside of dungeons oot kinda lacks. i prefer the dungeons in oot but the sidequests in mm are better. if they were combined theyd really make a 10/10 game.
>>
>>336349210
I know how you feel. I mean, there are some things to do here and there but I too prefer the compact overworlds in ALttP, LA & ALBW. (Btw. if you haven't yet, you should play ALttP at some point, but not now as you recently played ALBW and there are a lot of similarlities.)
>>
>>336347816
I think we can all agree that fish temple was the least fun of all of them
>>
Thanks for all the replies guys! Sometimes /v/ can be a cool place. One last question though... since Wii U has backwards compatibility I was considering buying Skyward Sword but that one has some really mixed opinons. Is it that bad or just underappreciated like Majora's Mask?
>>
>>336349454
Temple was maybe a 3/10
Loli Ruto is a 11/10
>>
>>336349539
It's just bad, but still worth playing. Might as well get it, man.
>>
>>336347816
It's not difficult, just tedious on the original N64 version.
>>
>>336347816
This. People spaz out about it too much.
>>
>>336349539
I thought it was actually a decent game... not a good Zelda game, but a decent game regardless. Worth checking out, but rather different from OOT, MM, WW, and TP
>>
>>336349539
It's probably the most linear game in the entire series and the motion controls are a bit shoehorned in some parts (Like swimming, fuck that shit) but I didn't think it was as bad as everyone makes it out to be.
>>
what about handheld zeldas? are they any good? like GBC titles or those Wind Waker DS spinoffs
>>
>>336351028
GBC awesome, WW spinoffs shit
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.