[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on the new cod
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 680x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 680x350
Hey guys, what are your thoughts on the new cod infinite warfare and cod4 remastered?
>>
>>336333604
I think Infinity Ward literally have to ride off of nostalgia now just to sell their shit game.
>>
>just a reveal trailer
Gameplay.
>>
>>336333604
Will wait til it's a year old until I decide whether it's worth a buy as cod games lose about 3/4 of their value when a new installment is released. If they release MW remaster as a stand alone I'd probably get that though as the original has been ruined by hackers and really enjoyed the multiplayer.
>>
Will get it just for the MW remaster.
>>
the new one looks like a first cod i might get. trailer was bretty gud but knowing how little effort they usually put into cod campaings it probably still won't be worth a buy. couldn't give a rat's ass about multiplayer.
>>
The space stuff looks great, I don't get people complaining about the sci fi and wanting more modern warefare stuff.

Like, there have only been 2 futuristic COD games in a row so far, and people are already bitching and moaning about it getting old.

I saw people saying that the space battle scene in the trailer made them dislike the video. How can people have such shit taste?
>>
File: Blops 3.png (72 KB, 688x546) Image search: [Google]
Blops 3.png
72 KB, 688x546
>>336335234
It's just upset because Blops 3 is so much worse than AW.
>>
File: 1460520055354.jpg (57 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
1460520055354.jpg
57 KB, 640x430
>CoD4 only comes with premium versions of the game
WHY THE FUCK DO THEY HAVE TO RUIN A GOOD THING
>>
Has there been any gameplay? Because from the trailer, I'm guessing that everything thats scifi or cool is
>a setpiece
>a cutscene
>shitty onrails section with cutscene or setpiece
>arena where cool boss stands there while player shoots rockets at it
And then everything else is just you shooting guys with bullets
Also there will probably be like two future weapons that are both shit because "balance"
>>
>>336335418
>He hates a game so much he screencaps his own angry posts about it
>He appears in every CoD thread to say how BO3 is horrible and AW is fastly better.]
Not saying I disagree with you but you're pretty sad man.
>>
>>336335682
Anon, this is just so that people buy the $100 edition, they are going to sell the game afterwards.
>>
>>336336805
>angry
Emotional intelligence.
>>
>/v/ on IW
>"wooow nice fucking rehash for the 21131st time, fucking activision with their bullshit"

>/v/ on Cod4 remastered
>"OMG TAKE MY MONEY"

Do you not see the irony?
>>
>>336338230
The new versions added a lot of pointless shit, gimmicks and have literally-what maps.
>>
File: 8e3.gif (67 KB, 600x624) Image search: [Google]
8e3.gif
67 KB, 600x624
I want to know of the grappling hook shit, zero-g shit, and flying shit were all setpiece bullshit or if they're actually trying to make something inventive and fun with the multiplayer. So I'll wait on gameplay.

But this is the most excited I've been for a COD since MW2. Which is to say "relatively excited". Mostly because I want to play the unfucked og multi of cod4 again.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 489x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 489x540
>>336333604
Kinda sad that we won't see any closure for Ghosts' campaign, but I'm the small minority that plays CoD mostly for the campaign. But, either way, I'm very much looking forward to the game. They say that you can actually seamlessly go from level to level in space and on ground and into the cruisers without a loading screen. We'll see on that.
>>
What's all this 'boots on the ground' bollocks I keep seeing people spout?

And how are people nostalgic for a fucking CoD game? Am I that old already?
>>
>>336338615
I bet this is some kind of stealth sequel but they named it Infinite Warfare to avoid the reputation of Ghosts.
>>
Watching the trailer I noticed things from other games humanoidish robots from titan fall.

The space plane combat reminded me of noble 6 in the sabre shooting phantoms along with the woman at the end who looked like and dressed like miranda keyes from halo.

It makes me want a prequel of halo set in this setting and some halo fans are saying the story is pretty much the interplanetary wars in the halo lore
>>
>>336339139
That's what I'm thinking, too.

>My name is Logan Walker, and I am the leader of the SDF!
>>
>>336339226

I would kill a man to play on harvest
>>
>>336339318
Well, everyone wanted Reach and look what we go? A really good game.. Which 343 can never do.
>>
>>336339226
Continuing I love the near future setting what bothers me about halo is human weaponry doesn't seems futuristic or near future probably because of when the books were written.

The story of the new cod looks really great but it's cod I don't think they will do a grandiose story as cod sales are mainly for the mp and most of the money seems to go to advertising and visuals

I hope (not likely ) they will make game modes like two capital ships (controllable hq) are attacking in space each ship has fighters and bombers but also features boarding and damaging ship engineering basically battlefront 2 but bigger interiors with npcs and enemy players in ships.
>>
File: fonzie1.jpg (3 MB, 3000x2168) Image search: [Google]
fonzie1.jpg
3 MB, 3000x2168
nothing makes me REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE quite like seeing spacecraft fly about like their in a fucking atmosphere

also, COD has now truly transcended pic related
>>
>>336341336

they're*
>>
C O D 4
O
D

>>
File: image.png (150 KB, 298x352) Image search: [Google]
image.png
150 KB, 298x352
>>336340293
>space battle multiplayer like Battlefront 2
Don't make me dream things that could possibly never happen in a CoD game, anon.
>>
It's apparently different this time, so I may give it a shot.
>>
>>336335234
agreed. also how people complain that cod nowadays is too complex. they're complaining that there's too much content
>>
Call me a shill but i like it.
I'll still buy this, the new Doom and new Battlefield.
>>
>>336338347
so you're complaining because there's more content. nice...
>>
>>336338679
a call of duty w/o jetpacks etc
>>
>People reolying to this blatant activision marketer
>>
>>336333604
I remember when CoD4 first came out, it was fucking great,

Little I knew it's gonna turn into bs reskin series
>>
File: tumblr_lxidlnEPi01qijcmj.png (246 KB, 470x355) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lxidlnEPi01qijcmj.png
246 KB, 470x355
>Bungie: "We're selling Halo, we don't care if you don't like this new sci-fi game."
>EA: "We're not putting Space Battles into the Starwars Battlefront"
>EA: "We rehashing Titan Fall with almost no new features or aspects"
>Konami: "We're firing Kojima and not giving him the rights to MGS, we hope you'll enjoy the new shitty one we'll have out in few years"
>/v/: "Wtf man"
>Infinity Ward: "Don't worry, we gotchu guys. Also here's that COD4 HD remake y'all wanted."

Infinity Ward god tier now?
>>
>>336334903
>I'll spend $60 just to play a game that I could play at 60fps on a last gen console
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.