[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Barotrauma
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6
File: 1461868145476.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461868145476.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>What is this?
A free SS13-ish game about dying horribly on a submarine.
>Where do I get it?
http://undertowgames.com/barotrauma/
>Is there a server?
the current server that is up is wowzers, pass is rage
>Where do I get the subs?
https://mega.nz/#F!3MUDiAJb!6FxQW3qXBTmcXBmBppQCfw
>What do I do in-game?
General rundown is: Get generator running, set up the railguns, go to objective marker, kill monster/get artifact, go to endpoint. Also fix any hullbreaches and get any unwanted water out the sub during all of that.These tasks are all shared across the crew obviously, so you don’t have to (and shouldn’t) do all of it yourself.
>I’m new to this, should I take assistant?
No. The game has character skills and the assistant is objectively worst at everything. Take engie or mech.
>What are the controls?
WASD to move, E to interact, Tab to chat. Type "r;" in front of your message to talk on the radio. LMB uses most objects in your hand, some others have to be “aimed” with RMB first, like any weapon or the welder/cutter. CTRL to crouch.
>How do I set up the generator?
Set shutdown temp to 6-7k, then fission to 100% until around 2k (grid load and temp should be the same), then enable auto-adjustment and you’re basically done unless someone fucks with it. Just make sure to replace the fuel rod once it’s empty.
>How do I set up the railgun?
Set the capacitors to charge at 100% and put the shells into the loader (pick them up with E, then hit E on the loader and drag them into the boxes with your mouse). Protip: C4 (and possibly stun grenades) can be put into the shells to make them more deadly.
>How do I fire the railgun?
E on the periscope, then RMB to aim and LMB to fire.
>How do I equip a diving suit?
Unequip your current clothes, then hit E on the diving suit. Don’t forget to put in an oxygen tank

>thinking /v/ actually plays video games

Server:
DSP Plays: Barotrauma
Pass: rage
>>
Bump.

Come join, its fucking fun.
>>
Come and join please.
>>
>>>/vg/

Also that download for the subs need to be updated/purged.
>>
>>336298706
not active enough to have it's own general, dies as soon as dead hours hit
>>
>>336298147
>inb4 samefagging for a bump
>>
Come on in, guys. The water's fine.
>>
File: Goblin shark.webm (234 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Goblin shark.webm
234 KB, 400x300
why aren't you playing anon?

you are not afraid of the dark, are you?
>>
Pussies, come and play.

I promise there's only a 100 giant sea monsters waiting to eat your insides.
>>
How many Molochs does it take to sink a sub?
>>
The strategy is to take as much oxygen as possible when the game starts and bail in a diving suit as soon as a sea monster shows up
>>
>>336300865
People who do this are fucking faggots who deserve to be shot. The oxygen generator can replenish oxygen tanks but people insist on hoarding them and grabbing a mask the minute the round starts instead of waiting until they need one.
>>
>>336300960
the oxygen generator doesn't do shit when there's no power, which is quite often
>>
How do I do fun stuff like shut down the oxygen and suffocate everyone?
>>
>>336301079
You don't, you fucking faggot. If I catch you, you'll catch a ban.
>>
>>336301052
Maybe people should stop designing shit subs that don't have a fucking battery-system to backup a reactor failure?
>>
>>336301203
To be honest, it's mostly the junction box overload which kills subs
>>
fuck it i'll try it
>>
>>336302324
Don't forget to close doors behind you
>>
are these niggers going to come out with a mac version anytime soon?
>inb4 mac
>>
File: 1352324863731.png (47 KB, 404x408) Image search: [Google]
1352324863731.png
47 KB, 404x408
>>336301128
I care a lot.
>>
we really need to make sure we place adequate supplies on the ships

only like 30 percent of the people can ever do their job because all the supplies get looted
>>
>>336304373
It's babby mode if there's enough supplies for everyone

also new serb

vtard serb

pw rage
>>
>>336304481
unable to connect
>>
>>336304481
Not working for me, dunno if it is for other people.

Getting "Failed to establish connection"
>>
>>336304481
Is anything wrong? I can't join.
>>
>>336304481

Can't connect.
>>
>>336304625
>>336304613
Try again now, fixed something.
>>
Did someone actually make Pressure?
>>
>>336304481

No response from remote host
>>
>>336304789
>>336304702
>>336304692
>>336304663
That's weird, I hosted before...
>>
>>336304702

Still no good, are you properly port fowarded and whatnot?
>>
>>336304702
nope
>>
>>336304702
still fucked
make sure you don't have a dynamic IP or anything
check to make sure your local network IP hasn't changed
forward your ports again
>>
None of those servers are working, senpai.
>>
Can i join mid game or does the lobby lock after the round starts
>>
>>336305160
you can
>>
>>336305160
locks but you can spectate
>>
>>336305160

You can join the lobby midgame and then spectate.
>>
JUST FUCK MY SERVER UP.
>>
>>336304481
but there is a massive difference when we are playing subs that are meant for a handful of people and there are about 10 people in there.

Also, a map we played quite a few time in Godots server, Vellamo, is rediculously understocked, and it's not just because it's getting looted. All gear isn't loaded and there aren't even enough tanks to load everything one time over.

Here is a dropbox link to an updated version that fixed that shit.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l2bak0f6tcv17ma/Vellamo.7z?dl=0
>>
File: dafuq.png (46 KB, 952x534) Image search: [Google]
dafuq.png
46 KB, 952x534
I hosted before, I didn't even change anything from before so I went to check up on it.

Don't know why it's not working anymore.
>>
vee isn't working either
>>
someone host pls
>>
>>336305613

Try restarting the program if you haven't? I dunno what's going on.
>>
game sounds to good to be true

Been waiting on "pressure" to be even attempted for so long.

Is it boring as fuck I love SS13 so not bothered about bad UI or lag.

Downloadan
>>
randi is working for me
>>
>>336305846
Current game has some very solid mechanics and features,

Negative is that it's still too shallow and small in terms of jobs for people, a good Captain alone could complete the mission.
>>
>>336305784
I just tried to port forward so if anyone could try joining four chin the pass is the usual one we use i'm on the east coast
>>
I measure rooms in the size of reactors :3
>>
File: the chub.png (945 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
the chub.png
945 KB, 1360x768
looks like a chub
>>
DUDE PORT FORWARDING LMAO
>>
loot tutorialrfornerds for my 2 oxygen tanks and welding tools
>>
>>336305307
>>336305307
>>336305307
>>336305307
>>
Randi's server is full, time for the return of Capt. Figgers
Server: Nuck Figgers
Pass: underwater
>>
Remember when making subs to stock it with fabricator materials and medical materials as well. Played a few subs with neither and it makes Doctor and Mechanic useless.
>>
>>336312314
what does the medical fabricator use to make drugs? the same stuff as fabricator?
>>
>>336313229

There's like small capsule vial things, I can't remember all of them off the top of my head but I think there's one called Stabilozine, Corridogone or something and Chroal Hydrate. There's more than that but I assume the rest of the materials would be in the same general category.
>>
>>336312176
Guys, server is not dead, I'm here.
If you all leave the second you see the empty player list, we'll never have enough for a game.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.