[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any good games that deal with depression?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1444268880228.jpg (174 KB, 1248x795) Image search: [Google]
1444268880228.jpg
174 KB, 1248x795
Are there any good games that deal with depression?
>>
Games have trouble conveying the murky feelings of living with depression. It's easier to make people laugh or cry.
>>
Depression Quest is good because it makes you depressed when you realize that there are people out there who genuinely want to destroy your hobby.
>>
Silent Hill 4.
The whole series really (1-4) but mostly 4.

To a lesser extent, Dark Souls. Hollowing is a major story beat qbich is when an undead loses their mind as a result of depression and hopelessness.
>>
I think majoras mask does a good job of conveying that sense of despair which covers but all of life
>>
>>336286795
Oh shut the fuck up you out of touch nerd. Get a life.
>>
>>336285891
why post Kirsten tho?
>>
>>336287995
Because of Melancholia obviously you pleb
>>
>>336288159
have not seen, heard good things tho

liked Nymphomaniac, will I like Melancholia as well?
>>
>>336286795
Let's do something about it!
>>
>>336287995

she was found dead early today
apparently it was suicide

rip in piece bb gril
>>
>>336288403
Depends if you find depression interesting and you don't care about scientific accuracy in terms of planets colliding with each other, but that's not the point of the movie in the first place

Personally i think it's a great movie
>>
>>336285891
>Are there any good games that deal with depression?
There is a game called The Void which deals quite heavily and very cleverly with existential dread.

Silent Hill 2 is worth checking out too.

Most other games that "deal" with depression are pseudo-artistic crapshots worth playing in my experience.
>>
>>336285891
condemned 2 has you wandering through grimey streets and alleyways beating up homeless people as you grapple with your inner demons and drinking problems.. the vibe of the series is similar to seven

one of the most downbeat settings i can remember

just play games from your childhood though, they'll remind you what you've lost
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.