[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you have a game you have played consistently for years, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9
File: 1403641605249.jpg (15 KB, 246x200) Image search: [Google]
1403641605249.jpg
15 KB, 246x200
Do you have a game you have played consistently for years, /v/? Maybe competitively or just as an online warrior. Maybe a single player game you just love so much you play it time and again with self imposed rules for challenge.
>>
Mount and Blade: Warband
>>
>>336241003
Metal Slug 2

I just like it a lot

Also metal slug X but I prefer 2, since X is just an exaggerated version of it.
>>
File: crusader-kings-2-review-1.jpg (645 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
crusader-kings-2-review-1.jpg
645 KB, 1920x1080
>>336241003
Any Grand Strategy game really

Crusader Kings 2 especially
>>
>>336241003
I used to jump onto WoW off and on, but I stopped for a couple of years now. For older games that I jump on and off once a while are games from the last 5 years like GTA V, BF4, TOR, and Civ 5.

Having said that, once a while I'll play an older single player game if I'm in the mood for a story like KOTOR or Mass Effect.
>>
>>336241003
Flatout 2. Its physics, enviroments and enemy AI have aged pretty well.

It was a shame that they killed the servers
>>
I replay godhand and contra: hard corps uprising once a year or so
>>
CIV 5
>>
FM 2008
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
CK II
FIFA 98
TF2

And well pokemon games are always the same stuff even with different brands.
>>
I've always wanted to find one. A game I could always go back to in order to up my game and always have fun with. Tried fighting games, RTS games, FSP... Got really into single genres or single games for a while but none that stuck around really long term.

I just think about how amazing I would be at Age of Empires 2 if I kept playing from gradeschool when I started to now. Or StarCraft, or Street Fighter.
>>
Technically it's the second year but i still play Sm4sh weekly

Im currently doing the same for Pokken, trying to atleast get to Level 100 with Machamp
>>
>>336241003
Seems the only game I've played consistently, that is to say a game that I keep wanting to play again, would be Team Fortress 2.

Probably only because I sunk so much money into it.
>>
>>336241003
Arcanum, VTMB and Morrowind, Also Dark Souls
>>
Every May I play all the Rare Donkey Kong games.

I also play Street Fighter online a lot.
>>
Mabinogi
>>
Gain ground because it's so unique and fun
>>
Upboat for ck2 reddit friends
>>
I've played through Terraria 7 or 8 times with various friends, and done some single player grinds too.
>>
freelancer
>>
>>336241003
I have played Counter-Strike for my entire life since I was like 6 years old.

CSGO is absolute trash, but it's still kind of CS so I play it.
>>
File: linkpart_edited.jpg (26 KB, 219x323) Image search: [Google]
linkpart_edited.jpg
26 KB, 219x323
Essentially any Zelda game. I've done Ocarina 3 hearts, and no Z-targeting challenge (though you have to use it anyhow for Barinade) but I often come back to Zelda 2 as my favorite way to take up an afternoon.
>>
>>336241486
reddit doesn't know how to play grand strats properly
>>
File: 1461512267596.jpg (11 KB, 218x231) Image search: [Google]
1461512267596.jpg
11 KB, 218x231
Red Orchestra 2
I can kill someone 100m away using hipfire when i'm on a good day.
>>
I fucking spent 3000 hours playing Warcraft 3: TFT (didn't even play DotA nor rankeds, just the shitton other maps such as angel arena, fight of characters, various footmen, enfos, a shitload of surprisingly high-quality RPGs, many DBZ maps and other random shit).

In about 3 or 4 years.
It's an estimation, but I know for sure that I spent a minimum of 3 hours playing every day (and I mean EVERY day).
>>
im a skilled tf2 jumper (have made a map too) and for some reason tetris attack is like a second nature for my brain. pokemon puzzle league too. i could probably still one-try mewtwo
>>
>>336241134
Oh this one too, I was obsessed with beating metal slug 3 in one run, without dying once.
Needless to say I never succeeded.
>>
>>336241003
Csotn
>>
i played WC3 customs fairly consistently for the better part of a decade. haven't played in a couple years though
>>
Touhou Hisoutensoku.

I just love that game so fucking much, I love normal 2hu, but I really do like that fighting game much more. Too bad the AI is kinda shit and I have no opponents IRL to play against. My only opponents tend to be people in Touhou threads when I see them or on /jp/.
>>
File: zoe 2 cover.jpg (551 KB, 1742x2500) Image search: [Google]
zoe 2 cover.jpg
551 KB, 1742x2500
>>336241003
Zone of the Enders 2. I do at least two runs a year since the game has come out.

I just can't get enough of that high speed robot action.
>>
TF2

I want to reduce but I can't
>>
>>336241003
I replay these pretty much every year:
>Silent Hill 1-4
>Oddworld Abe's Oddysee & Exoddus
>Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines
>The Sims 2
>>
Outside of online multiplayer games like WoW or LoL that I could play with friends, I don't think I could ever go back to any single player game with a story.

For some reason something clicks in my head where I have absolutely no motivation to play because I already know what happens and experienced it, the magics gone.
>>
Runescape

It's basically my summer game. Look forward to trying out the NXT update.
>>
>>336242328
I agree, but I used to be of the opposite opinion. Used to love single player games, replaying them and seeing them from different angles and setting up different challenges for myself. Now it's just a fuckin chore. I tried replaying one of my all time favourites this year and couldn't make it through the final third of the game. And I love literally everything about RDR.

Now I just want to beat real opponents in quick games and get on with my day.
>>
Touhou, Super Smash TV, Kid Klown in Crazy Chase, Sonic Adventure 2, and then every winter I play Chrono Trigger.
>>
>>336242328
>he plays sp games for the story

congratulations, you are the kind of bastard that has forced the industry to shift from gameplay to CINEMATIC EXPERIENCES and DEEPâ„¢ PLOTS.
>>
>>336242662

You do realize that not all games with a story are scripted and overly cinematic right?
>>
>>336241003

I've played Smash and Soul Calibur competitively.

I also play the hell out of OutRun 2019 an OutRun 2 for no reason other than taht they're fun.

I also like to do no-shuriken runs of Shinobi III

I just finished Gravity Rush and I suspect I'll be replaying it a lot.
>>
>>336242662
Oh fucks sake, you can get both. Case in point, the Witcher or KOTOR. Now when COD has full on quick time event bullshit, then that sucks.

Having said that, there is nothing wrong with point and click games. They have been around forever. Don't blame the fans who like a good story for developers laziness to implement stories with only quick time event and hallway moments.
>>
>>336242662
Plebian tourneyfag detected
>>
>>336243006
This nigga gets it. Why have only good gameplay, story or graphics while you can have all of those?
>>
>>336242662
good
>>
>>336241003
Warband and EU 4
>>
Oblivion, Warband and Civ V consistantly
I also play Lego Rock Raiders every other year or so
>>
I find myself marathoning Hotline Miami 1 & 2 a lot. Say what you want about 2 as its own game, but when the two games are played back to back 2 does a pretty good job of picking up the difficulty where 1 left off.
>>
>>336243165
Ideally I want at least good gameplay and story. With graphics I'm not the type who needs 120 FPS with photorealistic bullshit. I won't be bothered by jaggies, or sprites in the deep background in the corner of a building overlooking an atrium.

Otherwise I would like a good balance. A game can have great gameplay, but eventually I get bored and want a different style of gameplay. Same thing with the story in which the gameplay makes me not want to continue. If I get a good balance, then I stick with it for the most part.
>>
I play through the Final Fantasy series every year when I get suicidally depressed around summertime.
>>
Every year I play Need for speed undeground
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyorOdwPwFI
>>
>>336241003
Castlevania HD, XCOM:UFOD, and probably a few others. I can't seem to stop myself coming back to them. Doesn't help that OpenXCOM has a pretty lively modding community now, too.
>>
Crash Team Racing
I like looking up world record track times and trying to beat them at this point.
>>
>>336241089
This.
>>
>>336241003
I've played Dark Cloud 2 around six in the last seven years, not including when I played it as a kid.

Last four times have been on an emulator. I want to make a perfect file on my PS2 but I can't into Spheda without savestates
>>
Tetris and Game & Watch Gallery are games that easily suck me back in time and time again. I get the feeling Mario Maker is going to be one of those games in due time too, since I seem to play it at least once a day to see what kind of insanity I can find myself in.
>>
>>336241003
Synergy mod for Half-Life 2.
I have thousands of hours in it.
I don't even know why.
I just really, really like Half-Life 2.
>>
>>336244715

Man I just want Nintendo to make a complete Game and Watch collection and be done with it.
>>
Used to be The World Ends with You. I loved doing Ultimate playthroughs capped at Level 1 while slowly raising my stats to infinity. Haven't played through in a few years because my life went to shit and all joy is gone

>mfw i turned into a neku
>>
>>336241003
I play Wind Waker and Superstar Saga at least once a year. I can't appriciate anything more than them.
>>
halo ce
shadowrun
doom
>>
>>336241003
before it was
Fallout 1,
Kult Heretic Kingdoms,
Half-Life 1,2,
Scratches
Any game by Frictional

These days i regularly replay FEAR 1 - it's just so bloody satisfying combination of pumping militaristc action movie soundtrack and sparkly visuals and gunplay design, accompanied by a solid voice-over acting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXp0PisWGSo
>>
Been playing The Binding of Isaac for years now
>>
>>336241003
i do weeklong binges through Megaman 3-5 multiple times a year

at least once per year i go back through: crash bandicoot 2, deus ex, and cryostasis
>>
Shamed to admit it, but sims 3 is pretty much my go-to game during new game droughts.
>>
>>336242475
NXT is pretty great. FPS cap removed, much higher draw distance, better lighting, better shadows, better performance, allows them to have better textures and the like in the future (they have mentioned textures is a priority).

10/10 update.
>>
File: 1432749670496.gif (395 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1432749670496.gif
395 KB, 500x500
i play cartoon network's trick or treat beat every halloween and try beat my old high score.

also i make sure to speed run pokemon gold at least once every year.
>>
I've probably got thousands of hours in Rainbow Six Vegas 2 across both PS and Xbox.
>>
Sonic Genesis games
Ocarina of Time
Chrono Trigger

Every year, I play these for some reason. There's never a set time or anything, it just happens.
>>
CS 1.6

I don't play it seriously anymore, but always throw an hour or two every weekend.
>>
>>336241003
Diablo 2 since about 15 years. Always together with my friend.
>>
>>336242035
My soku nigga.
>>
>>336241003
FTL
CS/CSGO (on occasion to scratch that itch)
Battlefield (up till BF2 at least)
DX (replayed it many times, currently trying to forget as much as possible for next time)
VTMB (ditto)
Grim Fandango/various LA classics
>>
>>336241089
This, along with TES 3-5, Fallout: NV, and most Pokemon games. They're my comfy time fillers.

Also my friends and I co-op every Halo game with local co-op on a pretty regular basis.
>>
>>336241003
Skate 3, I probably have over 1000 hours or so. Though I sold my xbox a little while ago and now I cant play it. I'll probably buy one on the cheap just for it.
>>
>>336241089
This and TES V and F:NV. Also Commander Keen once in a while.
>>
Mega man Battle Network 2, 3 and 5, and Deus Ex.
I swear I've gotten so pro at strategies and folder creation in mmbn I could write a book on that shit. Been playing them since 2 came out in 2002
>>
>>336241003
Minecraft It's nice to just chill out every once and a while and just fuck around with legos
Dark Souls Speedruns and challenge runs are still fun
Dorf fort (kind of) I have a weird nostalgia for this game, I don't know why, but I always come back to it, play it for a month straight, burn out, drop it for a year or so and then repeat the cycle

Rate my autisms
>>
File: Hello.jpg (52 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Hello.jpg
52 KB, 500x500
replaying this platformer and his sequel every year
just love the world and humor
>>
FFX, it was babys first rpg and I still love it so much. I do at least 1 playthrough every year.

I've done Kimarhi-only, and Tidus-only. Running out of ways to make it interesting. I might try to speedrun it.
>>
monster hunter and counter strike desu, i always play the shit out of every game in each series

i also "speedrun" mirrors edge pretty often
>>
Not all the time but the mmo I keep going back to is DAoC (freeshards). Just sitting around grinding in dungeons not really going anywhere or fooling around in battlegrounds and a bit of RvR.

I occasionally drop into Eve when they offer a few free days and I'd play vanilla Wow for free too if there was something decent around.
>>
Tetris, I go through waves of playing a lot, bringing my line race time back to where it was, stop playing come back a couple of months later, repeat.
>>
I play Warcraft 3 campaign all the time.

Costume Quest just about every Halloween.

Seasons also put me in the mood for certain games.

Spring: Kingdom Hearts/Battle for Middle Earth
Summer: TF2/Roller Coaster Tycoon
Fall: Banished/Sim City
Winter: Tropico/WoW just to name a few.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.