[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which did you choose? Maya? Or justice?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8
Which did you choose?
Maya? Or justice?
>>
>>336234407
I choose justice. My reasoning was, if Mia can talk with me, it means there is an afterlife. Then dying is not that bad. Also, Maya would have choosen justice too.
>>
Not Guilty ending is better.
>>
>>336234718

Are you one of those chucklefucks who always thinks the OP is talking about the second situation that occurs after everything is resolved?

Even with the OP image that's clearly of Matt being a smug bastard, you still don't get it.
>>
Guilty. It's what Maya wanted.
>>
>>336234407
Guilty of course.
He DID order the murder
>>
>>336234718
That's not the moment you choose the ending. That's before Franziska crashes the party.
>>
>>336234407
Justice would be getting him on the right charge.
>>
>>336234407
>not spoilering the OP image
>>
>>336234407
I want to know what Nick's going to do in the anime. I can see convincing arguments for both.
>>
>>336234407
justice
>>
>>336237052
i guess like it does in the game. phoenix never got to finish his sentence
>>
File: 1440468283675.jpg (20 KB, 409x445) Image search: [Google]
1440468283675.jpg
20 KB, 409x445
Not Guilty. Engarde didn't kill anyone.
>>
the guide said it didn't matter so I just picked any, can't even remember..

game was hella boring anyway..
>>
>>336234407
I chose justice by selecting Not Guilty. The prosecution had failed to prove Matt's guilt and that's not my problem
>>
>>336237276
>uses guide
>calls game boring.
>>
File: 1412017512482.jpg (21 KB, 217x208) Image search: [Google]
1412017512482.jpg
21 KB, 217x208
>>336237276
>guide
>hella boring
>..
Leave
>>
>>336236997
I've seen the final puzzle of 999 already, no one really cares about spoilers here.
>>
>>336234407
>be defense attorney
>tell judge my client is guilty
Phoenix you suck at your job
>>
I don't remember this case too well, been a while since I played JFA. I remember the case being pretty good especially considering how lame the other cases were compared to other games.

Dont remember the situation or specifics but I think I went with Not Guilty.
>>
>>336237353

Good man.
>>
>>336237837
Nick just wants to find the truth.
>>
File: gant-thinking(a)[1].gif (268 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
gant-thinking(a)[1].gif
268 KB, 256x192
>>336238542
>1-5
>We are not defenders of justice but mere keepers of the law. All people are entitled to a fair trial. If evidence is forged in getting a conviction a person's guilt or innocence automatically becomes irrelevant.

>2-4
>Muh Justice! A defense attorney can't defend someone if they're actually guilty!

>4-1
THE ENDS JUSTIFY THE MEANS! FORGE AS MUCH EVIDENCE AS YOU WANT AS LONG AS YOU GET THE BAD GUY!

How the fuck did the series' understanding of legal ethics gets progressively worse?
>>
>>336238889
Keep in mind, 1-5 was written after 2-4 and probably around the same time as 4-1.
>>
>>336239093
I know but it's still awkward when you play the series in order
>>
>>336234407
one of them is an objective good ending and the other isn't
>>
>>336239197
I feel it's also not quite what 4-1 was going for. It's shady as hell but the forged card is only ever used to put the squeeze on him, resulting in the confession.
>>
>>336238889
The dark age of the law
>>
>>336239309
Yeah, but the game gives the unfortunate impression that forged evidence is only bad when you get caught. Phoenix could get away with the card because Kristoph wasn't allowed to object.

Considering that 1-5's purpose was to set up the themes in Apollo Justice it's surprising to see the message get botched so badly in the transition
>>
>>336237353

Would you do that if he was holding your friends or family hostage?

Bastard ruined his chance of a fair defense by fucking with me and he deserves to burn.
>>
>>336234407
Justice, Maya would not want it any other way
>>
>>336239469
And as much as they talked about it, we really never saw any of that dark age.
>>
>>336239894
But at the time he was still holding Maya hostage. I'm not sacrificing her just to prove a point.
>>
I love how sumg Phoenix is.

>Not Gulity
>You're fucked by the way

>Gulity
>You're still fucked and Dekiller is still gonna be on your ass
>>
File: Justice For All - Engarde.webm (1 MB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
Justice For All - Engarde.webm
1 MB, 256x192
>>336240416
Yeah, it's pretty great.
>>
>>336240196

I know, it's just so many people defend Matt with "Everybody deserves a fair defense"

But Matt was already playing dirty with the hostage situation, he shouldn't have been surprised his lawyer ended up fucking him over, even if it wasn't a complete moralfag like Phoenix.
>>
De Killer is a man of his word, valuing trust above all else, and has already told me his contract with Engarde is broken so he will release Maya.

Not Guilty. Make him convict himself or die.
>>
>>336240416
>>336240481

But isn't he forgetting that if Matt gets a Not Guilty than Adrian Andrews will get convicted instead?

>>336240613
Phoenix himself did nothing wrong in the end by ratting Matt out to De Killer. I'm just saying that if it weren't for the hostage situation I think Matt would be entitled to have Phoenix do what he could (within the law) to get him acquitted.

If Edgeworth was retarded enough to put De Killer on the stand and expect him to tell the truth it's not Phoenix's job to clean up the mess.
>>
>>336234407
Just wanna say that PW is one of the most enjoyable video game franchises I've ever played, I can't believe it took me so long to give them a try. Shame the anime is so rushed and low budget, the pachinko cutscenes looked miles better.
>>
File: sad anime eating bread.gif (140 KB, 379x440) Image search: [Google]
sad anime eating bread.gif
140 KB, 379x440
>tfw really enjoy 2-2 and how it turns killer and victim around, setting up the overall theme of the game for Phoenix, but most people gloss over it entirely because 2-3 is so bad and 2-4 is so great
>>
>>336234407
i pick adrian
>>
But Apollo doesn't appear in JFA.
Anyway guilty and prayed shit went better.
>>
>>336241082
People tend to miss the fact the 2-3 both present you with sympathetic villains to further enhance the game's question about exactly what justice is.
>>
File: 44992556_p17.png (230 KB, 516x729) Image search: [Google]
44992556_p17.png
230 KB, 516x729
>>336241082
It's okay.
>>
>>336241082
I don't even remember 2-2 but all I remember is that turnabout big top is pretty underrated. The characters are all pretty great, it's just the shitty leaps in logic that make it suck
>>
>>336240828
>I'm just saying that if it weren't for the hostage situation I think Matt would be entitled to have Phoenix do what he could (within the law) to get him acquitted.
If it weren't for the hostage situation, Phoenix may not have even become Matt's lawyer.
>>
I think I chose to cover his ass for Maya's sake. What happens if I picked otherwise?
>>
>>336242695
>If it weren't for the hostage situation, Phoenix may not have even become Matt's lawyer.

But Maya loves Samurai shows. Phoenix even jokes that if Maya were with him she'd probably pester him into taking the case.
>>
>>336242781
That choice is irrelevant. The same thing happens either way
>>
Apollo > Young Pheonix > Older Pheonix

Both are great attorneys, but I just like Apollo more.

Athena is a bitch and can fuck off.
>>
>>336241082
JFA is pretty underrated, even if everyone knows how good 2-4 is. The Circus case is overblown. Yes, it's annoying and has bad witnesses, but most people just think it's because of Moe (it's actually because of Ben and Trilo and some of the leaps of logic like the cape) and even that has decent development for Max and Moe who realize how important a close-knit community that is, and a memorable killer. Don't get me wrong, it's not a great case, but not game-ruining.

The entire game being about Phoenix learning what it means to defend is a great story. You tell Edgeworth's story in 1 as he learns to prosecute, and that most of the defendants and victims are pretty clear cut (except maybe 1-3). JFA really blurs the lines with 2-2 and 2-3, Miney and Acro are not complete monsters and are pretty sympathetic, and the doctor is probably the biggest scumbag victim in the series. 2-4 is amazing but half of it is because the game really built to it well.

If Godot had gone on his autistic rant about Nick not being a good defense attorney before this game he would have been right, but this is a pretty critical turning point in his career which ends up making him the legend that the more recent games paint him as.

I also kind of preferred the character-building arcs of AA and JFA to the "there's a big bad and we have to take them down" which seems to be more prevalent now. It was nice with Dhalia but now with Kristoph and the Phantom it's getting annoying, and even on a replay you just want to get past Mia's cases because you already know Dhalia is a shit. I realize you can't really do these big character development arcs anymore since you explained both sides of the system, and with a fully fleshed out cast only Apollo/Athena/new prosecutors really have anything to learn. But still.
>>
>>336238889
But in 2-4 he got forced by De Killer to accept the case.

Ad for 4-1, Phoenix simply grew up and realized that when he knows the truth, he's allowed to play dirty since the system is fucked anyway, and sending innocents to their death is not exactly the point of the law
>>
>>336242937
Apollo is great despite the fact that he gets undermined by everyone at every turn

Poor guy
>>
>>336242937
Apollo in AA4 is just basically Young Phoenix-lite and entirely a pawn for Hobo Phoenix though.

Current Apollo I like, he thinks for himself and is a much better character in the "confident veteran who can still improve" role than the "clueless rookie" role. I enjoyed the cases he and Athena worked on, because he knew what he was doing but wasn't an overbearing cunt about it. Giving him Kristoph's animations in 5-5 was a really nice touch too.

But Phoenix at his peak is pretty much the ultimate defense attorney.
>>
>>336243071
>But in 2-4 he got forced by De Killer to accept the case.

Which is why I don't feel he did anything wrong personally, but I wish the game would've addressed how an attorney should handle a guilty client that they aren't being forced to defend.

>Ad for 4-1, Phoenix simply grew up and realized that when he knows the truth, he's allowed to play dirty since the system is fucked anyway, and sending innocents to their death is not exactly the point of the law

And yet 1-5 demonstrated how an innocent man (Joe Darke did not kill Neil Marshall yet was convicted for it.) can be sent to his death by forged evidence as well. The fact that you can't know the truth with such certainty is why it's important to rely on the evidence.
>>
>>336242937
Mia > All
>>
>>336234407
Seeing this screenshot just makes me remember how much fucking insane shit you have to go through to even get to this point. What a wild fucking case 2-4 is.
>>
>>336243384
That's why I like to imagine 4-1 as 1-5 sequel. We first learn that an innocent man gets convicted by cheating and then the precise opposite, giving us a way to break black-and-white morality and not linking the concept of right and wrong to the act of cheating the law system
>>
>>336240828
>Adrian Andrews will get convicted instead?

Didn't Shelly already admit he was the murderer? The case was just to prove who hired him.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.