[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gaming communities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: crankydaggles.png (314 KB, 600x476) Image search: [Google]
crankydaggles.png
314 KB, 600x476
Worst/Best gaming communities?
>>
Best: /v/

Worst: /v/
>>
/v/
>>
/v/eddit
>>
Best: /v/

Worst: wow gd
>>
Best: Reddit
>>
Best: Neogaf (tied with Reddit)
Worst: /v/ and Steam
>>
Best: Definitely Reddit
>>
File: 1426052463695.jpg (205 KB, 1264x1080) Image search: [Google]
1426052463695.jpg
205 KB, 1264x1080
Best: People I play with

Worst: People I don't play with
>>
File: 1461098805397.jpg (8 KB, 197x200) Image search: [Google]
1461098805397.jpg
8 KB, 197x200
Tumblr!
>>
Best: just fucking killing myself
Worst: neogaf
>>
You any of y'all niggas remember the cancer that was the GameTrailers community. I have not seen such ragefilled butthurt before or since.
>>
Best: hearthstone

Worst: Melee
>>
>>336228845
I admit reddit has better gaming communities
>>
>>336229234
you have to be 18 or older to post on this website
>>
>>336229147
yup
>>
Worst: PC Communities
>>
>>336228845
Best: You
Worst: Everyone Else
>>
>>336230282
This is some patrician taste anon.
>>
>>336228845
Best: Smaller communities for niche games

Worst: Large communities for games with mass appeal
>>
>>336231039
>small communities
>good
If you like drama and e-peen wanking
>>
>>336231039
>>336231039
>Best: Smaller communities for niche games

Most of these are close knit groups of faggots.

t. Mortal Kombat & DMC poster
>>
Best (that I've been involved in)
> 2009-2011 Souls community
> 2009-2012 Borderlands community
> Uncharted 2 multiplayer community

Worst (that I've been involved in)
> Post 2012 Souls
> Post Bl2 borderlands
> Minecraft
> LoL (I've never actually played it, but I've seen enough)

Basically anything that is big enough for a community, but small enough that it's not just a gigantic mass of people. MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT: there's no money to made, everything done is pure passion. Once you start getting "celebrities" appear any and all communities go to shit, once people are being active community members for money they start turning everything around them into shit.

Borderlands 1 was a fantastic community to be a part of, people worked tirelessly and spent thier own money figuring out how the gun generation system worked and documented it. There were prominent members on the forums, and hilarious slap-fights that went on for pages and pages, but no one was making any money, no one was stuck in an arkward position of needing to praise Gearbox in order to keep being invited to special events to keep generating unique content for thier now full time job.
>>
Worst: MOBA's
Best I experienced was Lotro
>>
>>336228845
>Worst: PC Communities
The truest statement I've ever read.
>>
>>336228845
>Worst: PC Communities
The truest of truths.
>>
Best: none.
There is no good gaming community. Least shit might be something like grand strategy general

Worst: Neogaf.
Some of the biggest fanboys, SJWs, and cock suckers on the Internet and they don't even admit it
>>
dumb frogposter
>>
you must get out
>>
Best: Groups that were made out of division with the goal of purging faggotry

Worst:unfiltered newb friendly communities.

If you really want the best,you'd be willing to take a kick In the ballsack.
>>
>>336233829
>>336233948
>>336229934
loving the samefag
>>
File: 2016-05-02 08.29.21.jpg (3 MB, 3028x1703) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-02 08.29.21.jpg
3 MB, 3028x1703
I'm starting a local city gaming community, pc and consoles allowed. Here is the LAN I hosted this past saturday. It was a ton of fun. Going to do it once a month all year. It has been getting bigger everytime. I have more room to expand if needed.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.