[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one is the best 3DS game for you? I want to buy one but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: descarga.jpg (20 KB, 235x215) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
20 KB, 235x215
Which one is the best 3DS game for you?
I want to buy one but I cannot decide please help
This is the only game I've got for now
>>
>>336226682
monster hunter
>>
Did a YouTube celeb recently link to /v/ or something? I've seen a lot of obviously underage threads recently
>>
Well you already have one of the two.
X is literally the only other thing you can get, so I dunno how this is an issue for you.
>>
>>336226796
I've tried the demo but the controls suck even though I have the New 3DS
>>
Can I start the Fire Emblem series from Awakening or should i play previous ones before
>>
>>336226914
get a psp1000 to and swap the clit over for it and get gud
>>
>>336227048
Okay that shit is pretty awesome but I don't want to ruin the warranty. This DS is 2 weeks old
>>
>>336226682
Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

But it's not super long. If you want a longer game get Bravely Default (there is a demo on the eshop if you want to check it out first).

Also, you might want to get the humble bundle. Tomorrow they will reveal which new games will be added.
>>
>>336227265
well you can rip it out without opening it but it ruins the old c-stick/nub
>>
>>336227609
Did you do it? If you did tell he if it's worth or not please i hate the nipple stick
>>
>>336226682
If you can find it, Kid Icarus: Uprising. I love Pokémon and I think I've spent more time playing Uprising than I have Y and OR combined.
>>
>>336228307
I found one near me but it looks like an arcade game and i don't think i will like it
Does it have any story?
>>
>>336226796
>Buy MH3 for nearly full retail price
>think it's gonna be cool fighting giant monsters and shit
>Get put in a massive open map and told to find 3 mushrooms
>mushrooms not marked on map

best game I ever refunded
>>
xenoblade is excellent if you have a new 3DS
also download the ace attorney trilogy
>>
>>336226682
>I want to buy one but I cannot decide please help
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
>>
>>336226987
Sure. Older ones are definitely better, but I started with Awakening and enjoyed it tho I got bored towards the end so I never finished it
>>
>>336231092
hows the A.D.D going for ya buddy?
>>
>>336231597

This curse happens to a lot of JRPGs.
>>
Resident Evil Revelations is pretty cheap and enjoyable.

Whether you like RE4 or the other more horror games in the series.
>>
>>336235182
>Resident Evil Revelations is pretty cheap and enjoyable.

If Op can get it for cheap, I'd recommend it too. But he should wait for tomorrow. Maybe it will get added to the humble bundle.

Also, the game could have been so much better if they tweaked it a little. The atmosphere would have been better if you were all by yourself on the ship (i.e. without a partner). I also disliked playing as other characters during the action segments. If they had moved closer to RE's origins and included some more exploration and puzzles, the game would have been really great. It's still good though.
>>
>>336226682

If you just got your 3DS, I'd suggest you upgrade your SD card to 16gb or even 32gb There's sometimes some good deals on cheap, fun games like Mighty Switchforce, and 4gb fills up fast.

This is part of my collection in no order and not including the 20+ DS games that I can name off the back of my hand:

Pokemon X,Y +
Shantae
Bravely Default
Super Smash Bros.
Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Terraria
Fantasy Life
Shovel Knight
Retro City Rampage
Cave Story
Steam World Dig
The Denpa Men series
Paper Mario Sticker Star
Etrian Odyssey
Monster Hunter 3
Brain Age

... and Mario Clock.
>>
>>336231092
Tri's tutorial is objectively ass, the thing 4U did right over all past installments is how quickly it gets you actually fighting the monsters (which is the only thing you do in the game for the next 500 hours or so after the first couple hours).
>>
Tales of the Abyss if you like the Tales Series.

It has co-op multiplayer but I'm not sure if your friend needs a card as well
>>
Is it normal that I don`t like the demo for Bravely Default?
I read its the best game on the console and i have played JRPG's before but i somehow can't really like it and I don't know why
>>
>>336238023
Have you ever played FF5 or FF Tactics?

The demo is different from the main game since there is no story etc. in the demo. But i should give you a good impression of the battle system, which was the main reason why I liked the game so much. I just loved the battle system, the artstyle and music. The story is pretty bad imo but not as horrible as in Bravely Second.
>>
>>336238265
Nope i haven't played none of those
Is FF Tactics any good? I know its for the 3DS and I've seen it in my local shop
>>
I know im going to sound like underage b8 but...has someone played the Inazuma Eleven Chrono Stones? I played the original one for the DS 3 years ago and i really liked it.
>>
>>336238023

I wouldn't say that it's the best, but it is good. I love that you can turn off random battles, or make them happen more often. It gets pretty repetitive as shit in completing the main storyline.

I wish they'd make another Dragon Quest game similar to DQ9, because it was fun as shit, but with more multiplayer activities.
>>
>>336238418
>>336238418
>Is FF Tactics any good?

It's a great SRPG if you're int that genre. But it isn't a game for the 3DS. It was released on the original Playstation and there is a PSP port and sequels on the GBA and the orignial DS. The FFT games and FF5 use a job system similar to that of Bravely Default. That's why I aksed.
>>
>>336238884
Oops i mixed FF tactics and explorers lol
>>
>>336226682
Either Link Between Worlds or Animal Crossing. Maybe Rune Factory 4, but I haven't played it enough yet.
>>
Kingdom Hearts 3D because the gameplay and end game music is hype.

The quality of the story doesn't even matter because, one it's it a KH game and two there isn't a single original rpg for the 3ds with a halfway decent story.
>>
>>336240227
But Link between worlds is very short and i want a longer one or something with some replayability value in it
Is Fire emblem long?
>>
File: 1325270032377818151.jpg (79 KB, 716x768) Image search: [Google]
1325270032377818151.jpg
79 KB, 716x768
>>336237260
>4U
>>
File: DS2RB art.jpg (368 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
DS2RB art.jpg
368 KB, 1920x1200
Hmm. Just from looking at the responses, I'd garner from them that you're looking for a game with
>a good story
>not shit controls
>SRPG gameplay or JRPG gameplay
>replay value

From those, I'd say Devil Survivor (1 or 2), since they have good story, good gameplay (SRPG), and given some of the different story branches and demon compendium, they have replayability. Controls are pretty normal for SRPG.
Other wise FE Fates, (shit story in all 3 games, go for Conquest for good gameplay and challenge, skip Birthright unless you enjoy steamrolling everything with next to no challenge, only do Revelations if you want to pair people up).

I'd also recommend EO, but do the Untold versions because you want a story.
>>
>>336241669

>go for conquest, skip birthright

If op has played the series recently sure, but if they haven't the bullshit in Conquest will probably piss them off even on casual mode.
>>
>>336243336
True. Though I can't really recommend Birthright due to how bland and boring I found it, so maybe he should go for Revelations, considering that's the "mix" of the two, albeit with more gimmick maps.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.