[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't you play Root Double yet? It's by that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: c.png (776 KB, 1006x529) Image search: [Google]
c.png
776 KB, 1006x529
Why didn't you play Root Double yet?

It's by that other guy that worked on Ever17, you know that one guy that isn't one-trick-pony Uchikoshi.
>>
>>336223915
It's extremely fucking expensive and I haven't heard anything good from it, besides the fact that it's long as hell.
>>
>>336224094
>I haven't heard anything good from it

Reviews on Steam and Reddit seem good.
>>
>>336223915
I bought it but I'm still finishing up Danganronpa 2. Might go for it after.
>>
File: 1462168610665.png (588 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
1462168610665.png
588 KB, 1440x810
>Visual Novel
>>
Nakazawa and Uchikoshi work best together this VN is more fresh than most of Uchikoshi work but it also lack a lot of focus
>>
Too busy with Seinarukana famdaddy :)
>>
>>336223915
>play
>visual novel

Even your glorious nippon doesn't pretend they are games.
>>
>>336224328
The reviews on Steam for obscure games are always good, because developers always give away keys to youtube reviewers and the like. What are they going to do, give it a bad review so they don't get more?

Look at their playtimes, none have finished it.

Also Nakazawa was responsible for chicken sandwiches.
>>
>>336224560
>Memenarukana

What the fuck happened, here? Int he first one, we had a large world map. We had your basic colors-styled combat system, it was simple to learn and fun enough.

In this one...I am saving constantly, losing constantly, the color system is broken as fuck. Banish, Anti-Banish, setup skills. It's a total fucking cluster-fuck. Also since you can't summon / create your own minions like the first game, you're stuck with these Crysts, which are completely useless in comparison to the first, where your generic units could become very powerful depending on how you trained them and setup their skills.

Then there's the controls...and the the length of battles, the new "Turn system"

Holy shit, I am at this battle in the Magic World...I've been on this World Map for 2 hours, advancing and killing enemies, running back and healing when I need to. 2 hours, and I don't think I'm even close to done yet. It's driving me nuts. The first game knew you were reading a VN, with some combat thrown in to mix it up.

And it sucks this time around, because they use the same animation for basically all attacks. The first one, each skill looked unique and different - In this, they have like 2 variations per skill. It's shitty, combat isn't fun to watch at ALL - and it takes longer, on top of being harder due to the tutorial not explaining half the new mechanics.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.