[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game is overwhelming. This is the first Dark Souls game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: dark-souls-3.jpg (4 MB, 2768x1557) Image search: [Google]
dark-souls-3.jpg
4 MB, 2768x1557
This game is overwhelming. This is the first Dark Souls game I've played. I don't know what the fuck is going on. I don't know who anyone is, or what any of the items do.

How are you expected to play this game without looking up guides online? This game is impossible to progress in if you go in completely blind, like I did.

I just now got to the undead settlement and that's only because I looked up videos and guides. There is no way I'd be able to get there without doing that.

I'm using the same armor I had when I started, yet I see all these posts with people in a bunch of different armors. Where the f#ck am I supposed to get new armor and weapons.

There's no way people can complete the quests you get without looking them up. The only reason I know there are quests is because I looked up info about the game. Some of the quests are so convoluted and easily messed up.

This game is too hard. And I'm good at games.
>>
File: e234802.jpg (6 KB, 232x197) Image search: [Google]
e234802.jpg
6 KB, 232x197
>>336222381
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0h3rpFMBCWW
>>
Did it ever occur to you to explore, talk to everyone and read your fucking item descriptions you retard
Good bait got me
>>
>>336222381
Hi Phil
>>
>>336222974
It's not easy to explore when I'm getting killed in 2 hits by everything.

Everything in this game is just trial and error. That doesn't make for good gameplay. I shouldn't have to die 10 times to a boss to learn how to kill it eventually.

Trying to explore is ridiculous because eventually you need to go back to a bonfire to heal, and then guess what? All the guys you killed to get to where you were are back. And now you gotta fight them again.

The game is just trial and error and repetition. Two of the biggest flaws in game development. I don't know how people think that is good game design.
>>
>>336223281
>And I'm good at games.
>I'm getting killed in 2 hits by everything.
Here's an idea, learn to get good and not get hit all the fucking time like an idiot. I'm absolutely positive you didn't read a single tutorial message if you're at undead settlement and can't take advantage of rolling, blocking and lock on. What a fucking hero.
>>
How old are you OP? Because this sounds like you never played a game in your life before the internet was a thing.

The game has no handholding, which used to be the standard before gaming spread to a wider and dumber audience.

You say you went in blind, yet you didn't even get through the first area without looking shit up? Sounds to me you didn't bother thinking for yourself in the first place and just googled guides the moment you hit a problem.

The game and some of its systems are obscure, but you are not required to understand any of them to progress.

How would you not have reached undead settlement without guides? Were you just running in circles and couldn't find the boss or something?

Armor in this game is largely irrelevant, you pick the armor you like and make sure you have enough vitality to move around with it. Dark Souls is not Diablo, most items are viable one way or another.
>quests
Quests are obscure on purpose and have different endings based on where you fucked up. That's why the game has ng+, so you can use what you learned the first time around and try again.

TL:DR
You're a pussy OP, you put zero effort into actually trying to get anywhere on your own, and now you made this shitty thread to try and justify yourself. Grow up.
>>
>>336223552
Everything was a bit of an exaggeration. I know how to block and roll and lock on. However you have to learn different enemies attack patterns, and some enemies have real fucked up ones that kill you quickly.

>>336223662
it's fine when a game has no hand holding. This is to such an extreme that it's trying too hard to be hard. If that makes sense.

I got to the firelink shrine after dying tons of times to the first big guy you fight. And then the guy with the katana. I had to look up how to beat them both.

You may call me a pussy, and that's fine. But you can't honestly think that all the repetition and trial and error make for a good game. Those are things games get reamed for, but for some reason Dark Souls gets praised for that?

Why should I have to fight the same guys I just barely got thought over and over again if I die? And even if I finally get through it to another bonfire, which is hard enough to find as it is, I still have to fight them all again if I go back to a bonfire I was at previously.
>>
>>336222381
Maybe it is just not the game for you. Not everyone is meant to beat it, and if you lack the necessary spatial awareness and mechanical skill to complete it, that's fine. Finished my first blind run in 21 hours.
>>
>>336224052
When I was a kid we didn't have a way to look up how to beat a game, we either beat it or we didn't. It's not the games fault you're bad at it. It's not bad design. It's you being too much of a bitch. Refusing to try something different, learn how something works or even employ critical thinking. Not everything in life is going to be a theme park

I found this game rather easy as well
>>
>>336224052
>But you can't honestly think that all the repetition and trial and error make for a good game.
As a matter of fact I do, although I suspect what you're calling trial and error here is vastly different from what I call trial and error.

For me, getting caught in a grab attack or a boss combo and getting utterly destroyed, learning what I did wrong and then working on not making the same mistake again is the very thing that turns trial and error into enjoyment.
I like to think of it as leveling up myself. My first blind playthrough I spent maybe 3 hours in high wall, getting all items and killing all enemies, dying quite a lot of times. My third playthrough I started yesterday I sweeped the area up in half an hour, didn't even need to rest because I barely got hit.
And that's why this game is so much more rewarding than all the other casual shit games on the market, games that are scared to make you fail.
>>
>>336224052
Just turn it off go outside and kick a ball, try not to look up a walkthrough for that too. Good lord
>>
It's too early for bait
>>
This is not a very subtle bait thread.
>>
>f#ck
>>
>>336222381
>f#ck
at least make it a little bit convincing
>>
My friend who basically started gaming with Skyrim and hold Skyrim as his favorite game of all time (he said he probably have over 200 hours in it, so he consider himself to be a pretty extreme nerd) keeps talking about it after he saw Pewdiepie play it. So he bought it and he's having a blast. He doesn't want to play the previous games because he can't stand games with bad graphic. He's at the 2nd boss. He started playing yesterday.

Really m8 you're just shit.
>>
i also tried ds2 for first time
since i thought they all are same it was good but the thing is i didnt knew where to go i got to big red boss and a
just rolled and he died automaticilly and i was progressing but it got boring and saw a lets play and he was goin a whole different way so i lost interest in franchise
now that i heard this was the worst in the series
should i try ds1 or are they all similar plz help /veeeeeeee/
>>
>>336226513
You're a faggot. Learn how to speak of just throw your entire PC/console in the garbage.
>>
>>336224052
>But you can't honestly think that all the repetition and trial and error make for a good game.
It's not though, if you actually make an effort and try to dodge obviously telegraphed attack. I beat Ludex or w/e his name was on my first try and the katana master is optional, which you can see just by running up behind him and realizing the door is locked.
Read item descriptions, explore and listen to dialogue, there's no need for guides even if you're going blind, just go slow and use your head.
>>
>it's another souls thread

[-]
>>
>>336222381
Why do you play 3? Why don't you play 1 and 2 better get DeS and start with the very first.
>>
>get a friend of mine who's never played a single game before into Dark Souls
>she gets great at it around Capra, wrecks the rest
>beats it blind with no problems
git gud is actually great advice for people like you
>>
>>336226513
you can't be this retarded
>>
>>336222381
>This game is too hard. And I'm good at games.
You're clearly not as good as you think you are. For instance, perhaps the games you've played have held your hand the whole time and made you feel like you did something.

If you spent more time learning the game and just "going" with it instead of whining and looking up guides, you would be doing much better.

You can't honestly tell me that you've made any effort to improve yourself, just to make progress easier.

In the instance that you're not baiting, looking for replies and falseflagging:
Talk to the NPCs, pick things up and read them. Expect things like weapons and armour to come with progress.

Or you could just give up. You're clearly not having a good time. You shouldn't force something if it doesn't work with you and stop looking up guides and videos.

Those are for when you beat the game.
>>
>>336226513
sheeeit dis nigga ten year old namsayin
>>
>>336222381
All you have to do is ask for tips rather than just go straight for guides bro.
>Go in with confidence
>Investigate its attack patterns
>Take action to dodge attacks
>Get a few hits in between attacks
>Undermine its efforts with Estus
>Don't get greedy

Also read the first letter of every sentence.
>>
File: Inquisitive_Thick_Grill.jpg (42 KB, 418x488) Image search: [Google]
Inquisitive_Thick_Grill.jpg
42 KB, 418x488
>>336227118
>>336227506
>>336227649
i just cant get into ds2 . should i try ds1 or just give up on this franchise
and why that much rudeness
>>
>>336227910
DS1 is much better in my opinion.
>and why that much rudeness
you're on an anonymous image board filled with bitter, suicidal neets, not asking your m8s
>>
File: 1454333047424.jpg (61 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1454333047424.jpg
61 KB, 500x500
>>336222869
>http://vocaroo.com/i/s0h3rpFMBCWW
>>
Since this is your first Souls game, you are supposed to explore shit without looking at guides and only using them if you are REALLY stuck.
I finished 3 blind so its perfectly doable. The only things that need guides are NPC Questlines and how to access some covenants.
Every item you need to use on your first playthrough has an obvious description but here is a list:
>estus flask restores hp
>shards upgrade flask
>homeward bone teleports you to a bonfire
>titanite is for upgrading weapons
>gem is for infusing weapons
>soapstone is for summoning (get summoned)
You will also get more armors later in the game but if you started as a knight then your starting armor is perfectly suitable for finishing the game.

Now go back and summon some fucking phantoms so they can help your retarded ass at least.
>>
File: 100.jpg (25 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
100.jpg
25 KB, 500x375
>>336222381
>This game is too hard.
>And I'm good at games.
>>
Shit Game Shit Series, Boring as fuck game gives you literally no motivation to keep playing
>>
File: 1458547700772.png (505 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1458547700772.png
505 KB, 600x400
>this is the modern generation of gamers
>>
>>336228096
go back to cod faggot
>>
DaS3 was my first soulsborne as well but I've beaten the game thrice by now (to get every ending, except the alternative Firekeeper one).

Seriously, just keep going, I was extremely confused and not playing very well too when I was at Undead Settlement, it was first once I was about halfway through the game that everything really started clicking and I got my rolls down.

Just do skips whenever you can get away with it and if you want, come back to those monsters you skipped for a second playthrough, yes the game is rather overwhelming if you're new to the series as a lot of the fundaments between DaS games are the same, so someone who has prior experience will have an advantage.

But FFS, just keep playing, you'll git gud and start enjoying it, I promise you.
>>
>No hard game in god knows how much time
>If someone has to mention an hard game they are forced to pull out some retro game built up to be unfair
>Demon first and then Dark Souls come along and at least try to be somewhat challenging
>People, even ones that longed for an hard game, start to hate them for being trial and error bullshit instead of worshipping the series like they should
>>
>>336222381
G
I
T
G
U
D
>>
>>336227910
you just typed like a complete fucking idiot, that's all. It's understandable if you don't like DaS 2
>>
File: 11.jpg (82 KB, 645x663) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
82 KB, 645x663
If its so hard why have I beaten the game 4 times, one time on NG+. Git fuckin Gud.
>>
>>336222381
> This game is impossible to progress in if you go in completely blind
It´s not.

> I'm good at games.
You are not.
>>
>>336228208
Fuck Cod thats the same pointless shit with no story
>>
>>336228775
CoD has a story.
>>
>>336222381
Armour doesn't matter, it's just fashion. You need to wear something, but what that something is doesn't matter at all.

Weapon also doesn't matter unless you're using a whip or broken straight sword. Only upgrade level and infusion does.

Just explore and get good at dodging. You don't want to actually avoid attacks, dodge into them since rolling makes you invincible for a good third of a second. It's all timing.
>quests
yeah they're bullshit
>>
You suck git gud faggot there's already enough of this shit posted daily turning /v/ in /ds/ go post in /vg/ no one here or probably in there wants to hear your blog about how much you fucking suck.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.