[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holyshit, why can't people just accept motion controls,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
Holyshit, why can't people just accept motion controls, they are easy to learn and get used to but no, I looked up on twitch and everybody is trying to play it like fucking SF64. Are people that retarded? Have we gone to the point that we can't comprehend any new ideas?
>>
>I looked up on twitch

Opinion discarded
>>
>>336218591
>memes
Go back to facebook.
>>
>>336218512
If you aren't playing the Arwing mostly like SF64, you're doing it wrong, and going out of your way to use the gyro when you don't need to is also why a lot of people get a bad impression of the controls.
>>
>>336218512
If it takes more time than pressing a button I don't give a shit.
>>
I don't know why you think preferring buttons indicates that one is unable to comprehend motion controls.

I drive my car to work because it is easy, that does not mean I cannot ride a bike.
>>
>>336218512
Op, to answer yoyr question:

Most people who play video gqmes avidly are at least mildly autistic.
It's a fact that people who suffer within the autistic spectrum do not cope well with change.
This is why you often see anons on /v/ attacking things like motion controls even when motion controls have been implemented well in games like tLoZ: Skyward Sword, the Metroid Prime, trilogy, Splatoon, and Star Fox Zero.

It's a real catch 22, people who genuinely love video games want to see their favorite IPs recieve new installments and want to see them try new things to spice it up so that they're not just buying the same game you played almost 20 years ago with a new coat of paint.

Unfortunately, it is clear that the same games we've all played before are what sell. People buy it in droves, you see it all over the industry.

It's a real shame that a balance doesn't seem possible to be struck regarding this issue with large, well established companies. New IPs and changes to existing IPs are almost always poorly recieved by the market.

I think it honestly boils down to familiarity, even a well mentally adjusted person gravitates to experiences and things they've enjoyed previously. I think it's just a very primitive function for living organisms to pursue and seek out things that they know to be "good/enjoyable."
>>
The seventh console gen caused a lot of people to be really dumb and closed off to new ideas.
>>
File: 1385777066486.png (104 KB, 280x303) Image search: [Google]
1385777066486.png
104 KB, 280x303
But it's hard, OP.
>>
>>336220093
But it is not, just adapt to watching the gamepad screen most of time.
>>
>>336218512
Handling and space.
Tell me, what is comfier and easier to manage?
>Cuddling with your GF, wrapped in a blanket, and playing with controllers.
Or
>Stand up while GF sits on the couch, wiimotes in hand, trying to select a character with your hand shaking from the cold.
Motion controls cannot be half-assed if they want to attact the masses.
If a tv allows me to surf the channels by just swiping my hand in the air, fuck yeah I'd get it.
But these motion controls are always accompanied by clunky gimmicks that only serve to get in the way.
>>
File: Detected.gif (1 MB, 270x235) Image search: [Google]
Detected.gif
1 MB, 270x235
>>336218512
It's not easy and not instant, and not being both of those is no longer acceptable in video games. One only need to look at Jim Sterling's meltdown over this game to see what I mean. Yeah the controls aren't perfect, but the game is far from unplayable if you actually try.

On a more hilarious note, this is a good indicator of how the current mass audience of gaming will receive VR; something also not easy or instant to get used to. A lot of people are going to put on the headsets, say "Oh, this is cool!" then take them off and never wear them again, especially once they realise how much more effort such an experience requires of the player.
>>
>>336218512
Like the controls

Didn't like the lack of levels
>>
Too much room for error

Hell, even touch-screen controls have to be hyper-simplified in order to be usable.
>>
File: 1462092291024.jpg (52 KB, 600x596) Image search: [Google]
1462092291024.jpg
52 KB, 600x596
>>336218512
>why can't people just accept motion controls
Because they are unpleasant, inaccurate, and the very definition of a gimmick.

Also, motion controls are not a 'new idea', they've been done to death over a period of decades and they've never been anywhere near as good as buttons, sticks, and mice.
>>
>>336218512
Because I don't have to.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.