[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is grinding in JRPGs cheap or a legitimate strategy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Is grinding in JRPGs cheap or a legitimate strategy?
>>
Which JRPG?
You don't need to go out of your way to grind on Souls games
>>
Yes, Grinding is a strategy.
But if there is no way to beat a boss without having to grind then it's not a strategy, it's a simple requirement.
>>
>>336216190
In a good RPG grinding is an alternative way for retarded kids who can't figure out how to win to advance in the game.
I'm saying good RPG because a good one should never force you to grind
>>
>>336216190
What JRPGs do you actually HAVE to grind in?
You'd have to be really bad at vidya if you have to grind in most jrpgs
>>
File: 1224962846893.png (255 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1224962846893.png
255 KB, 640x480
If it can be done in the game without third party hardware, it's fair.
>>
>>336216190
Cheap, more often than not.
>>
Grinding is a key part of RPGs in general, what kind of fucking question is that?
>>
>>336219732
pretty sure op means grinding in the sense of overlevelling to breeze through the game
>>
>>336219732
Can't remember doing any grind in infinity-engine games or old fallouts
>>
>implying JRPGs take any skill whatsoever
>>
try necessity
>>
>>336219819
Ah, I follow. Kind of like those people that like to do low level runs, or beat levels in Mario 64 with minimal A presses
>>
>>336216281
I wouldnt say that for ds2
It feels like enemies were designed to be fought with life gems instead of estus.
Especially considering you start with so few early on.
ds2 is shit
>>
I'd like to grind in Konata if you catch my drift
>>
It's almost always more time-efficient to grind some levels and beat the game without putting much thought into the battle system, but it's far more fun to play at the lowest level and overcome any challenges with good tactics.

Unfortunately, developers need to include an option to grind because the vast majority of players have no interest in playing the game and just want to win effortlessly.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.