[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is SFV already dead? no one even cared about guile being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: 1459728016029.gif (2 MB, 622x347) Image search: [Google]
1459728016029.gif
2 MB, 622x347
How is SFV already dead? no one even cared about guile being released and he's a huge staple in the SF cast
>>
They are going to release a new character every couple of months for the next five years. There is no reason to get excited.
>>
Waiting for a complete roster, all modes and will probably have a PS4 by the time development is done anyway so i will get it on that.
>>
>>336206687
Because they abandoned the casual market to appeal to their core fanbase which, while noble in a sense, was not a very sound business decision.
>>
File: 1461949153696.png (231 KB, 697x786) Image search: [Google]
1461949153696.png
231 KB, 697x786
>>
File: 1453133059688.jpg (148 KB, 1041x889) Image search: [Google]
1453133059688.jpg
148 KB, 1041x889
>>336210664
>MKX

what went so wrong
>>
>>336210664
>a 4 year old game everyone has played through hell and back is more popular than sf5
lol
>>
>>336210664

>Nobody playing Melty Blood at all

That's the biggest travesty of them all.

It's not the best fighter out there, but it's far from total garbage.
>>
>>336206687
Probably because it's just a really boring game. It's not bad at all, but it feels stagnant already. They got rid of a lot of the learning curve and input hurdles in SFIV that rewarded players for practicing a lot. For some reason people think SF is anything but a mediocre fighting game so when they finally got to play one that was easy to pickup they realized there's just so little to it compared to the rest of the market. SFV came out something like fifteen years too late.
>>
>>336212427
I think people are waiting for the netcoding fix. As it is now it is completely unplayable online so people are just playing the version that has cccaster on it.

KoFXIII had a little over 200 people playing it last time I checked a few days back. That was 1/10 the amount of people playing SFV when I checked to. That isn't a fucking impressive thing for SFV. The steam version of XIII is three years old and has shit netcoding like all SNK games and is KoF. The fact that it still maintains a tenth the player base that SFV does online is fucking hilarious.
>>
>>336212427
That image is edited. The netcode is terrible and the player count has been going down, but it's still had hundreds every time I've checked.
>>
File: SFV is dying.png (92 KB, 512x178) Image search: [Google]
SFV is dying.png
92 KB, 512x178
>>336210664
Nice edit man. Too bad SFV is dropping down to Melty Blood level fast.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.