[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deus Ex
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: uh.png (2 MB, 1168x750) Image search: [Google]
uh.png
2 MB, 1168x750
Is The Fall better than Invisible War?
>>
The Fall is unmitigated dogshit made for tablets as a quick cashgrab
>>
Except Invisible War was good you ignorant fuck
>>
>>336192782
iv never checked out either of these despite loving deus ex, simply because of the reviews

are they worth checking out at all?
>>
>>336193102
DX > IW = HR
>>
>>336193258
Invisible War is alright, I guess

The Fall is crap
>>
>>336193258
There's a couple side quests in Invisible War that I thought were interesting enough to keep playing for. the main story was duller than I hoped until right near the end.
>>
IW wasn't as great as the first it was still decent. I just got done replaying it and it was nice. The mods were diverse.
>>
>>336193258
The Fall is a castrated HR. The port is horrible and controls feel awkward, but some of the core elements of the gameplay are still there. Soundtrack is copypasted from HR (which is good), graphics are late ps2-tier or early 360-tier at best, you won't ever get to explore big areas and everything will feel small, yet the artstyle is still good and it's overall not that bad to look at. You better play it with a controller and use some FOV changer.
It's a short throwback to the Human Revolution atmosphere and setting, not even that horrible if you consider you're playing some iphone game. Only play it as a sort of interactive lore machine; the gameplay isn't worth it, but if you like reading a lot of books and emails and that kind of stuff, maybe you won't even hate it that much.
>>
After hearing all the hate about it over the years I got it for like $2 on a steam sale and expected dogshit. It was actually rather good, but I can understand why fans of the first game hated it.

My main gripes with IW is the universal ammo, the simplified inventory/aug management, and all the loading screens. Even on a modern computer it annoyed the hell out of me.
>>
>>336193258
It's more deus ex I guess... just not good deus ex. If your really desperate and want something till mankind divided I would moreso just recommend replaying either HR or the original. If you can't do that I guess you can try it.
>>
>>336194505
are there any mods to fix shit like this?
>>
>>336194675
im gonna play DX again with the GMDX mod, then maybe try invisible war after that
>>
File: large.jpg (42 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
42 KB, 500x400
Is there a way to play Invisible War with a controller?
>>
>>336192782
says the man who never played neither and just heard that fans hate these things
>>
>>336192782
The Fall was legitimate shit. Invisible War is incredibly underrated, and only called shit because it's dumb downed from it's predecessor.
>>
>>336194950
Yeah I did you just have to pause withing keyboard
>>
>>336192782
Terrible in-game mechanics aside like universal ammo, Invisible War is so much more playable than The Fall.
>>
File: culter_nee_san.png (48 KB, 552x566) Image search: [Google]
culter_nee_san.png
48 KB, 552x566
I prefer divine cybermancy
>>
>>336195556
>I did
how? Xpadder?
>>
>>336195923
I'll pm you the answer.
>>
>>336196343
>Megaupload link
>>
>>336193363
>putting IW on the same level as HR
>>
>>336198628
It was a fundamentally and objectively better game than HR
>>
File: a bait.png (36 KB, 448x452) Image search: [Google]
a bait.png
36 KB, 448x452
>>336199087
>>
>>336199556
>Facts are bait.
Please continue on with your memeposting
>>
File: havisfaction.jpg (150 KB, 931x932) Image search: [Google]
havisfaction.jpg
150 KB, 931x932
>>336199764
>opinions are facts
>>
On my 5th playthrough onDXHR (I play it every year) and it gets better and better each time I replay it.
How did Eidos achieve this miracle?
>>
>>336200590
Really?
When I started my NG+ I wasn't really having fun.
>>
>>336200590
I still enjoyed it more than the first DX
>>
I never played Invisible War, I remember it ran like shit on my pc back then, and from hearing how bad it was, I just ignored it
>>
>>336192782
Invisible War isn't that bad. People went in with way too high of expectations. They were expecting Deus Ex with improved everything but Deus Ex left no room for a better story (thus why a prequel nailed it).

It's not as simplified as everyone makes out and does a respectable job of shifting Deus Ex away from shit combat in the beginning and placing too much reward on nuance. Diehard fans like me loved that you had to be smart to deactivate Anna or save Paul but I don't blame them for moving towards a cleaner experience for all.

In many ways IW is as simplistic as HR. They just came at different times when the market wanted or didn't want them.

TheFall was pretty shit though. So clearly a phone game that it just couldn't stand out.
>>
File: mad.gif (2 MB, 468x360) Image search: [Google]
mad.gif
2 MB, 468x360
>>336192782
>the fall
just shit in your hands and play with that
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.