[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone explain to me the appeal of this game? >RNG in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: cs.jpg (43 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
cs.jpg
43 KB, 620x349
Can anyone explain to me the appeal of this game?

>RNG in a fucking FPS
>atrocious community
>bunch of connection-related bugs and overall shitty netcode
>awful sound system even though the game is very reliant on sound (footsteps sound like they're from a horse not from a human)
>>
https://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffer/new/?partner=71569473&token=AqtXPhce

Send me a Knife Please.
>>
>>336190124
its counter strike retard shut up
>>
>>336190281
>>336190378
this place is worse than r.eddit
>>
>low system requirements
>no gimmick meta to learn
>teammates to blame losses on
>relatively cheap
>drop system for steambux
>competitive scene with big money tournies

not that hard to figure out fampai
>>
>>336190510
>low system requirements
not anymore, holmes, the current engine is reaching complete obsolescence and they keep piling extraneous shit into the level updates, the bolts on the crates outside Newke have more polys than the crates outside Nuke did, the LOD is horribly inefficient, and the fact the game and engine are so CPU bound makes "low system reqs" a near shame-faced lie.
Maybe around the Bravo operation era, but not now. New Inferno is going to be shit and set in the United States.
>>
>>336190510
dont forget skins and betting which is a huge part of the community
>>
>lel RNG meme XD

*hands you a noose*
>>
File: CSGO.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
CSGO.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>336190124
I played this game for over 3,000 hours, and I can tell you, it's shit. You just do the same thing over and over again, every round is carrying out a set of circumstances which you've already seen. It's just mindless repetition, bad hitboxes, bad netcode, bad internet connections for many players (e.g. getting matched up against a full 5 man BR team), etc.

Webm related, people will actually, non-ironically defend this - Which proves nothing other than how horrible and toxic the community is. I mean, clearly I suck at the game, for thinking this is anything other than top notch gameplay, right?
>>
>>336191668
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0rlCJ047Ds
>>
>/v/ hating on a game where you need to git gud at

normal
>>
It's like a stockholm syndrome thing with many people. Counterstrike is shit and outdated in almost every way, but it's counterstrike so people either just play it out of habit or because they think it makes them some sort of fps connoisseur. impressionable children start playing cs when they're 12 years old because they think it's a cool thing to do and before they know it they've developed a habit and cant stop playing. but make no mistake, nobody sound of mind actually enjoys playing counterstrike. they just tell themselves they do
>>
>>336192195
Underage pls gtfo
>>
Plox
>>
>>336191942
I fucking knew it. I have been using the SG553 recently, and I've noticed I've been much better with it. It's amazing how taboo it's considered to use the SG in spite of all this info. I believe it also has a higher firing rate than the AK.

More damage, more accuracy, higher firing rate. It's only $300 more, and CT has to pay $3,100 anyway. The only argument anyone would have against the SG, is its spray pattern, as it is not only a larger spray pattern but also goes in the opposite direction of what most guns do. But I personally found this easy to adapt to.
>>
>>336191942
wow...its almost as if they act like real guns
>>
File: 1460507080727.png (527 KB, 549x504) Image search: [Google]
1460507080727.png
527 KB, 549x504
>game with little more tactical depth than the latest CoD
>same RNG bullet spread algorithm from 1999; first shot accuracy is still randomly spread
>extremely toxic community full of 15 year old ledditors and all their cancerous maymays
>a skill system that carries noobs to the mid ranks based on total wins, not win/loss or anything better, that delusions players into thinking that they're "good" at the game so they stay a while and buy more skins and keys off the market while Valve milks the playerbase as they do with DOTA and TF2
>a meta that has you buying multiple copies of the game for the sole purpose of playing in a lower bracket to increase your enjoyment of the game; the sole reason Valve refuses to punish smurfs and derankers is because they're a significant revenue source.
>This is why Valve is sitting on their mountains of jewgold with their greasy kike thumbs up their ass and not making HL3

tl;dr it's CoD appeal minus the CoD
>>
>>336190281
RIP
>>
Its only good if you have good friends to play it with.
I've been playing with these guys for a couple years now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6TWYXQItdM
>>
>>336191843
What did he do in the webm? I've only played CS: GO once and didn't like it so I don't really know what's happening there
>>
>>336193389
He's shooting the guy in the head, over and over again, and one time it randomly decides to hit. CS:GO players ACTUALLY defend this.
>>
>>336193389
It looks like he's aiming right for the enemy's head but hes not hitting it. I play the game and ive never seen anything that bad, it mightve been due to lag or something other than hitboxes.
>>
>>336193632
Why not talk about the actual problems of the game, like weapon balance and optimization (nuke)
>>
CS:GO is a joke.

It's so shit that they had to go back and ruin CSS to make GO look better by comparison.

If you can get a CSS build from 2009 (build 4044), pre orange box update then you're on to gold.
>>
File: greatest play in cs history.webm (3 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
greatest play in cs history.webm
3 MB, 1024x576
>>336193632
He's shooting his hat not his head though
>>
Are you guys ever gonna learn the spray patterns for fuck sake. the spray patterns arent RNG you fucking knobs. The first shot accuracy is bullshit. I'll give you that. But listening to you fags call the spray patterns RNG is embarrassing.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.