[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Copy paste combat system for almost 15 years >make a tiny
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 448x299) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 448x299
>Copy paste combat system for almost 15 years
>make a tiny change boy and then that doesn't have any real impact on the combat
>One of the most praised JRPG series
Literally "IT'S OK WHEN ATLUS DOES IT!"
>>
>>336187591
They actually change shit pretty signicantly from game series to game series. You can't say devil survivor and persona are really that much alike.
>>
File: 1460933924761.png (48 KB, 403x450) Image search: [Google]
1460933924761.png
48 KB, 403x450
>>336187591
this is weak bait
apply yourself
>>
>>336187591
>I have no idea what I'm talking about but I'm going to pretend I do
>>
>>336187975
There is next to no difference between Nocturne, DDS, SJ, 4 and the Persona series.

You are using elements to get an advantage every turn

The magic/abilities do the exact same shit from game to game

Fucking Pokemon changes more than SMT
>>
>>336188860
cry more fag
>>
>>336188860
You could say this about every major series of RPG's
>>
>>336187591
I'm sure you can piss off smt fags one day OP. I believe in you. Keep on trying.
>>
File: 1454882926216.jpg (12 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1454882926216.jpg
12 KB, 184x184
The only thing that's the same is the weakness system.

Don't say blatantly false things, dumbass.
>>
>>336187591
How's Nocturne combat?
I'm playing my first atlus game now (P3FES) and I'm interested in Nocturne mostly because of the atmosphere from what I've seen.

Is it anything like Persona?
>>
>>336188860
The only ones there that are almost totally similar are IV and Nocturne
DDS you have set weaknesses that you have to work around by using Null spells, Strange Journey just gives more damage, and Persona's buff system works completely different, with One More being some kind of weird chinese bootleg Press Turn system
You can't say things are too similar just because in each game you are exploiting advantages to gain advantages
>>
>>336189274
>implying any of those are even remotely significant changes
I mean you realize even Asscreed has changed more than SMT has in 15 years right?

Gotta love the weeaboo double standards. Always talking bad about western games yet they'll gladly suck Atlus copy paste cock every single time
>>
File: nocturne_11.jpg (201 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
nocturne_11.jpg
201 KB, 720x480
>>336189209
Instead of everybody in combat taking their turn in order of how fast they are, there is a distinction between your turn and your enemies' turn
You get an action for every demon you have out on your turn (four actions with a full party), and cycle through your party until you run out of action icons. You can gain more actions by hitting the weaknesses of your enemies. Doing this will cause an icon to start blinking instead of disappearing completely, which allows you to take another action, but the flashing icon will disappear the next action you take no matter what
Buffs and debuffs will always affect the entire party that they are used on, stay in effect for the rest of the battle or unless they are manually removed, and are stackable
>>
>>336189910
Seems pretty cool, gotta play it then, thanks for the explanation.
>>
>>336189910
Oh and you lose extra action icons if you hit someone that nulls/reflects/drains your attack
Enemies follow the same rules you do, more or less
>>
>>336188860
>There is next to no difference between Nocturne, DDS, SJ, 4 and the Persona series.

What in the actual fuck

They are sooooo different from each other.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.