[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I late to the party if I start this now, especially with Generations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: munstercheesedudes4ultra.jpg (212 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
munstercheesedudes4ultra.jpg
212 KB, 1280x720
Am I late to the party if I start this now, especially with Generations coming out? I bought it the day it came out, but had too many things in my backlog I wanted to play.
Monster Hunter thread.
>>
Not too late if you like being a lone hunta
>>
>>336185812
>>336185723
Does multiplayer really make everything better? Is killing a monster yourself really not that satisfying unless you play with people?
>>
>>336185942
no, its tedious.

the good gear takes stupid rare materials to create, mulitples of them, and you likely won't be able to solo that shit in the first place.

Even if you are good enough to, would you really want to blow 30-40 minutes soloing a single monster with the risk of failing after all of that?

MH is only good with other people, preferably regular partners. Randoms are fucking shitters and can truly make the game unbearable.
>>
>>336185942
>Is killing a monster yourself really not that satisfying unless you play with people?
Way to get passive aggressive out of nowhere.

Playing online made hunts less tedious for me, but I did do every quest in the game (excluding some DLC since I stopped playing)
>>
>>336186129
>30-40 minutes
Do you exclusively use the starting bow or something?
>>
>>336186408
do you exclusively fight low rank monsters?

If this guy is going to start from nothing, he isn't going to be taking down g-rank elder dragons in 5 minutes flat, no matter what. He's going to need to work up to that with sub-optimal gear. Sub-optimal gear means hes going to be doing shit for damage for a good long while.

fuck off if you're too stupid to understand this.
>>
>>336186129
Wow, I really wasted my money then, huh? I even bought 3U for Wii U for full price, but I really didn't like how slow the start was, especially compared to the start of 4U.
>>336186317
>passive aggressive
Wasn't really trying to sound that way. Was just curious.

Question for everyone: Do games like 3U still have an online playerbase at all? Do you think 4U will still have a few people?
>>
>>336186602
>use fuck all until HR
>get a decent HR set quickly
>get to G
>get a starter G set almost right away
???

Loads of people went from whatever HR to Seregios into whatever like Diablos once they hit G rank and you can get that pretty fast. No need to get so defensive, Anon.
>>
>>336186863
>???
Stop
>>
File: 2012-04-17_01.13.22.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
2012-04-17_01.13.22.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>336186765
He's blowing it out of proportion.

Not only is there still a nice population in 4U, but the 30-40 minute estimate is mainly for the end game stuff, so you'll have plenty of time to decide if you want to deal with that stuff when the time comes.

The offline portion as well as the non-G online stuff is easily do-able alone as well as a great testing ground.
While the point of the best gear needing hard to obtain materials is correct, it's by no means necessary unless you're a speed hunter.

As for 3U, I'd say it's pretty low on the total population, but you could convince a few people to tag along on a run though.
>>
>>336185129
>Call of Duty of japan
>Missing out
lol no.
>>
hey who else agrees that monster hunter 3u is better and generations looks like anime weeb shit

the only thing that's better in it is the movement but that kinda ruined it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9Rwl69kPag
i get they're super organized and stuff but the fact that this is even possible is a turnoff.
i wanna go back to when toppling monsters wasnt as easy as jumping off a ledge and hitting x with 3 of my friends and getting it in perma-stun and shit. it's too easy
>>
>>336187431
>hitting x with 3 of my friends and getting it in perma-stun and shit. it's too easy
Oh sorry, you just described every MH game online
>>
>>336185942
Play all the singleplayer content in the village, don't skip it

No reason to solo the monsters in the multiplayer area though, but at least play the singleplayer story so you get a good foundation on how to actually play the game

A lot of people just dive right into multiplayer and never actually learn how to dodge things or play well because no matter how much they fuck up there are 3 other guys to usually bail them out and get them through it
>>
>>336187845
Is it worth doing single player stuff in earlier games like Freedom Unite and 3U as well?
>>
>>336188296
It is usually.

For one, it lets you get better, but also unlocks easy quests as well as providing upgrades for the farm/wycoon/whatever allows you to shit out honey at absurd rates.
>>
>>336186863
Im gonna have to side with the other guy on this one though. Desire sensor will fuck you up, especially running solo.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.