[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Xenoblade Chronicles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
This came out on the wii u eshop recently.
I need an excuse to use the console. Is this worth $20?
I never really have played a jrpg, especially to completion. This one apparently is very popular and I thought I'd get your opinion on it first.
>>
>>336161101
The story is good, battles are interesting and the soundtrack is awesome.
I also like the characters.
My only problem with the game is the tons of sidequest thought but you can skip most of them anyway and still get around the bosses.

Im currently halfway in and i really enjoy it so far on the N3DS.
>>
>>336161101
>Is this worth $20?
Some people bought this game for more than $100 when it was out of stock and thought it was worth it. If you like JRPGs it's very likely you will enjoy this one.
>>
>>336161101
It has very slow pace, I know this will sound stupid, but I recommend not to actively do any sidequest or exploring: the immersion is already broken rushing the game
Read any tutorial throroughly becuse it's easy to miss important game mechanics
You'll wait a while before getting used to the battle system, after that it's very fun
If you still want to get it, get the fuck off before you get spoiled
>>
>>336161101
nigger, buy the game, get out and don't come back here until you finish it

it's worth it but you'll get spoiled here
>>
>>336161101
>mfw bought the 3DS version
>mfw graphics are so terrible I literally lose the motivation to play the second I turn it on
I've been stuck on Gaur plains for months.
>>
>>336164979
Just emulate or play the Wii version if the graphics bother you, Gaur Plains is still the beginning of the game
>>
>>336165165
Is there even a technical term for when models look fine up close but get all blurry and jaggy when you zoom out?
>>
>>336165784
I think its called Mipmapping.
Im not defending the shitty graphics but the environment is very well made
>>
Thanks guys. Going to buy the game. Hope it helps with the depression. I need some escapism right now. Hopefully the wii version looks better then the 3ds one my friends let me play for a min. Jesus it looked so pixalated and terrible.
>>
>>336166210
There's not much dating sim going on though senpai.
>>
>>336164979
Emulate and download the HD pack. It's almost perfect.
>>
>>336166210
Have fun, anon, it's a good game.
>>
File: Melia.png (217 KB, 435x564) Image search: [Google]
Melia.png
217 KB, 435x564
>>336166210
>Hope it helps with the depression
yes, because your existence will never be as painful as Melias
>>
Also will this wii u eshop version go full screen? Or wide screen. I had having go play a game that doesn't fit my tv.
HATE IT
>>
>>336161101
>I never really have played a jrpg
Then I doubt this will keep you entertained, it's very text heavy and has long cutscenes.
Entry JRPGs I recommend Tales of games
>>
>>336167136
Reverse cucks are the best.
>>
>>336167136
I just cant get myself to like her
>>
>>336161101

I'm surprised with how shitty this game looks on a HDTV. Looks like I'm stuck playing it on the gamepad to avoid all the pixelation and jaggies.
>>
>>336167771
Fuck j was worried about that. Maybe turning sharpness all the way down on TV might help?
>>
https://youtu.be/rpVh7NN2TJg?t=2m48s

Good example of how it looks on TV
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.