[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: darksouls1280jpg-98f75c_1280w.jpg (305 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
darksouls1280jpg-98f75c_1280w.jpg
305 KB, 1280x720
I have not played Dark Souls and plan on it. Does it matter if I play out of order and if so, which game should I start with?
>>
>>336144309
I think you should start with the worst one so you dont get spoiled so.

DAS 1 -> DaS3 -> DaS2 SCHOLAR OF THE FIRST SIN EDITION, dont bother with the original as it was poop
>>
Play them in release order so you can see how the gameplay evolves and you can understand all of the references. DaS: PtD -> DaS2: SotfS -> DaS3. If you have a PS3 I'd suggest playing DeS first, but you really don't have to
>>
Just play in release order so you don't get spoiled by the improvements or the things they made worse, there's also lots of throwbacks to the earlier games in the sequels
>>
>>336144309
start with the cheapest one and if you enjoyed it play em in order. dont spend too much dosh on a series you may not like.
>>
>>336144309
Many consider DaS1 to be the best game
Play DaS1 for lore, skip DaS2 which is utterly irrelevant, then DaS3
>>
>>336144820
>Skip DaS2
It's still worth a play through even though it's not the strongest in the series. I still found it to be a very enjoyable experience
>>
>>336144309
dark souls -> bloodborne -> demon's souls -> dark souls 2 -> dark souls 3

just imho
>>
>>336144989
>Mentioning Bloodborne
Oh no anon, look at what you've done. Shitposting is sure to come now
>>
>>336145143
Not this anon, but what's the problem ? (just started Dark Souls 1, I don't know shit about Bb)
>>
>>336144309
nioh demo, nigga. get some
>>
>>336144309
Play 1, its still the best. Skip 2, I did and I'm a hardcore fan. It's not worth wasting 25-100 hours on a shit game, depending on your skillevel.

Then play 3, not as good as 1, but still very entertaining.
>>
File: 1438376057516.jpg (133 KB, 583x524) Image search: [Google]
1438376057516.jpg
133 KB, 583x524
>>336145967
>skipping the best one
>>
Demon's Souls is unrelated to Dark Souls canon (apart from small references or other nods like one joke character cameo), but you might as well play it if you have a PS3. Still a great game.
Dark Souls 1 is essential for understanding the plot of Dark Souls 3. Get the PC port and download DSfix fan patch that fixes all the issues with the port. After applying it the PC version is the best version. If you play on console be sure to get Prepare to Die Edition, as it comes with DLC.
Dark Souls 2's PC port is also the best version, and unlike DaS1 doesn't require fan patches. Remember to get the Scholar of the First Sin edition, not the original as SotFS comes with all the DLC areas and other small changes! Plot wise it doesn't seem DaS3 has much important stuff from DaS2, only few item description references at most.
Haven't played Bloodborne, because I'm not buying PS4 for one game.
Dark Souls 3's PC port is a bit wonky. My GTX 770 can run it almost at constant 60FPS, however some people including me have been having crashing issues unless you set lightning to Low in video options. After doing it, the game works fine.

tl;dr release order is the best order
-Demon's Souls (great game, but optional)
-Dark Souls 1: Prepare to Die Edition (essential)
-Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin (decent game but has some level and boss design issues though also gameplay improvements, optional plot wise unless DaS3 DLC happens to pick up plot stuff from DaS2)
-Dark Souls 3 (essential)
>>
>>336145531
For some reason bloodborne just gets people upset; a lot of people that don't have PS4s or hate PlayStation seem to hate Bloodborne because of the platform it's on. A lot of the time Souls threads will go to shit because of it
>>
Should I play Bloodborne?

I love Souls but people keep saying its not a Souls game. I have a PS4.
>>
>>336144309
Start with Bloodborne.
>It will teach you with fear
>and make all the other games seem easy
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.