[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I bother upgrading to this piece of shit or should I wait
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: New-3DS-Screenshot-01.jpg (49 KB, 665x397) Image search: [Google]
New-3DS-Screenshot-01.jpg
49 KB, 665x397
Should I bother upgrading to this piece of shit or should I wait for NX?
>>
>>336126836
Bumpu
>>
>>336126836
I upgraded a week or two ago. I play quite a lot of 3DS and was still using the first metallic teal one, of which the battery wasn't that good anymore. Upto you, really.
>>
>>336126836
If you have the 3DSXL then don't bother. Wait.
If you have the old, small 3DS however, I'd say go for it. It has enough improvements to make it worth the money.
>>
>>336126836
What the fuck does the 3DS have to do with the NX?
Nintendo basically confirmed the NX has nothing to do with the 3DS when they said they were focusing on the 3DS this year and announced the release of the NX as early as March of next year. They don't intend to drop it yet.

But to answer your question, if you have 3DSXL, no. If you have a normal 3DS, yes.
>>
>>336129384
Oh is that so I thought it was going to be some sort of console/handheld hybrid
>>
i haven't played a DS since the original, is it worth buying this system to basically play the new fire emblem games?
>>
>>336129830
>rumours by random anons is fact now
>>
>>336129959
There are way more games than only the fire emblem games and better ones at that.
>>
If you have money yes, gaming on it is a huge improvement as far as QoL goes.

Faster load times, C-stick is amazing for some things, 3D is actually usable now and works great.

It's not necessary but I'm glad I upgraded.
>>
>>336130847
what would you recommend, haven't played anything nintendo since super mario galaxy
>>
>>336128673
this basically
>>
>>336126836
I also want to know this, since if Nintendo is advertising the NX as a third pillar, then it should be a hybrid of some sort. The n3dsxl is also more expensive than it has any right being
>>
The VC is still a little dry. No info on what's coming up. Unless you're looking for the small list of VC games and Hyrule Warrior Legends, just stick with the old.
>>
>>336130927
No idea. It depends on what games you like to play.
>>
Depends if you're going to hack the thing or not. If you're not then it's not worth it, it's got two "exclusives"(Xenoblade and Binding of Isaac), some SNES games, system stuff runs a little bit better and you can go to the home menu in games like Smash Brothers, and then the few games that work better because of it(Monhun, Hyrule Warriors). If you plan on hacking it you get all that plus the ability to stream your games over Wi-Fi to record videos without needing that capture card hardmod, you can overclock pretty much every game that doesn't take advantage of the N3DS features(Particularly games made before it even came out) so you can get smoother framerates, and it runs emulators way better.
>>
>>336131874
well, were you thinking of any particular games when you wrote 'better ones at that'
>>
>>336130927
Not the same guy, but depends on what you like.

Action, fast-paced games: Xenoblade, Monster Hunter 3 and 4 (with Generations on the corner) and Smash Bros. Also Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Starfox 64 if you want to replay or never played these before.

RPG, strategy/tactics: Bravely Default/Second, Stella Glow, Fire Emblem Awakening/Fates, Pokémon XY/ORAS, Shin Megami Tensei, Etrian Odyssey and basically anything from ATLUS.

Using your mind: Ace Attorney, A Link Between Worlds, Shantae and Shovel Knight.

Casual/comfy: Rune Factory, Harvest Moon, Fantasy Life, Animal Crossing and something Mario.

Probably missed a few gems, there are lots of great games on 3DS.
>>
>>336131085
I just want to know what this fucking shit console is supposed to be

Damn you Nintendo just fucking tell us
>>
File: 1460343310472.gif (3 MB, 450x335) Image search: [Google]
1460343310472.gif
3 MB, 450x335
Does anyone else have trouble starting sysupdater on the N3ds? I've tried like... 25 times to start this thing. Nothing, just flashes red and a blank black screen. Online resources seem to point to this being a common problem and encourage you to try over and over again.

rubbish
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.