[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best current MMO?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: Conan6.jpg (503 KB, 1596x1230) Image search: [Google]
Conan6.jpg
503 KB, 1596x1230
I used to play Everquest 2 a lot back in 2005-2008 or so. Then Age of Conan and Tera because of the more active combat system.

What are the best MMO's out there now?
>>
Maybe wow but it's in a content drought.
>>
WoW for PvE and there are no real PvP MMOs alive right now. Wait for Crowfall.
>>
Never enjoyed WoW. Is Guild Wars 2 any good?
>>
I like TSW for its writing.
>>
File: Guts simulator.webm (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Guts simulator.webm
3 MB, 480x270
>>336121648
>WoW for PvE
>>
>>336122058
GW2 is great if you're looking for a casual fun experience.
Don't expect hardcore raiding or anything of the sort though.
>>
>>336122247
Wow, chainable shit that you just spam but at least it looks flashy, right? Just like your chinese cartoons. Great for you.
>>
>>336122247
Isn't Vindictus heavily instanced? It's probably as much of an MMO as GW1 was.
>>
>>336122360
You haven't played Vindictus, if you think that.
>>
>>336122356
Their most recent big patch fixed a lot of shit in GW2. It's almost tolerable now.
>>
mmo's are dead
>>
>>336122505
The only trouble I had with GW2 was their visible players limit in WvW, the rest of it always was decent at least.

At least, until they introduced Fractals and split my guild up completely.
>>
File: aoc.jpg (98 KB, 750x469) Image search: [Google]
aoc.jpg
98 KB, 750x469
>>336120478
>AoC feels
>>
The MMO genre is parallel to the RTS genre. IT burns bright for a short period then fades into blackness shortly after.

It's a dead genre because everyone tried to compete with WoW, rather than innovate, and lost.
>>
Eve if you want to spend time to get into it, everything else is half-dead or samey themepark or both. WoW is the most fun of those but chances are it will get boring pretty soon.
>>
>>336122440
I tried it, there is nothing in the world that felt more boring. When I say WoW is the best PvE MMO currently out I don't mean the stupid fucking trash mobs you have to farm.
However shit Blizzard may be these days, they have a solid understanding on how to make raids. Obviously you have to do it on mythic these days so the bosses actually have some abilities, but still.
You know how it is, in the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king.
>>
The new dark age of Camelot looks interesting but the visuals are butt ugly. I think western mmos are just a dead genre.
>>
>>336120478
The Old Republic is decent, but it's basically a single player game for most of the game with some PvP and raids. There's a lot of shit to do, some of it admittedly better implemented than others.
>>
>>336122058
I'm not too big into mmos

but i picked up gw2 and had a lot of fun with pve/pvp
>>
>>336122505
>Their most recent big patch fixed a lot of shit in GW2
Is there a trinity system yet? because zerging raid bosses is a shitty mechanic.
>>
>>336120478

aoc actually sounds pretty cool with the pvp territory control shit. big complaint ive seen about it was a shitty release but it should be good now, right?
>>
>>336124508
It's gone the way of Star Wars Galaxies, anon.
>>
>>336124568
Woops, was thinking Warhammer Online. Evidently AoC is still a thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHiUxUOYeGY
>>
MMO's get shit on alot but to say the genre is dead is absolute rubbish. All it takes is another one to be as revolutionary as WOW was and it's back to being an excellent genre. What happened to that Russian mmo that had players playing as futuristic gods?
>>
>>336120478

It's shit now man. Tera, Aion, Rift and the likes are just grindy and boring.

GW2 is fun, until you reach 80 and realize you are stucked with either going full casual mode, getting full exotics and calling it a day, or going hardcore and getting full ascended.
>>
>>336120478
Nothing really beats good old everquest.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-rl3RPC_Mw
>>
>>336124912
>wow
>revolutionary¨

this is how i know your opinion is worthless
>>
>>336125291
GW2 endgame is basically dressing up and ERP.
>>
>>336124912
it crashed and burned because p2w, just like every game that has been shit out of this dying genre

people said the exact same thing about rts "oh we just need another starcraft, or command and conquer" and it never happened and wilted away into dota and league

speaking of, that's also where the MMo genre went.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.