[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: xqha2xt668fy9yltvwm8.png (1 MB, 1200x649) Image search: [Google]
xqha2xt668fy9yltvwm8.png
1 MB, 1200x649
What went wrong?
>>
It's faster to say what didn't go wrong.
>Better (still not good) gunplay
>Some of the companions are better than in 3 (the majority are still shit)
>The BoS are dicks again
That's about it, really.
>>
nothing. it's epic......
>>
>Railroaded into a parent looking for their son
>Can't even rp as that because the game mechanics are so shit
>>
It's not Fallout 1 and 2. Trying to recapture the excellence of the first two is like chasing a dream.
>>
>>336119898
>shit empty world with only two notable locations being diamond city and the institue
>Literally no dialog options outside of yes and no.
>no negation just kill them or kill them
>lacking any real atmosphere to the game
>Voiced protagonist

I was a bethseda fag in till this game open my eyes on how bad they've become as gaming company. Let Obsidian make the next fallout so we can actually get rpg mechanics back in the game.
>>
>>336119898
WELL IM THE TYPE OF GUY WHO WILL NEVER SETTLE DOWN
INSTEAD I BUILD A BUNCH OF SETTLEMENTS WITH FLOATING MACHINE GUN ENCAMPMENTS OOOH IM THE WANDERER
>>
>>336123252
>Literally no dialog options outside of yes and no.
sarcastic?
>>
>>336123367
The sarcastic option either says yes, no or just takes you back to the other options. In other words completely useless.
>>
>>336123367
HATE SARCASTIC
>>
>>336123367
Sarcastic is literally a reskin of "Yes" and "No" most of the time. You still get the same end result.
>>
>>336119898
The RPG part.
Not that Skyrim was any better on that aspect.

But the 4 mandatory shallow choices and voiced protagonist brought that deficiency to light.
>>
>>336123367
>Yeah I guess that was in the game
>I suppose you could say that was in the game
>Sarcastic is in the game sure
>You're a real smart guy, NO ONE knew sarcastic was in the game
>>
i liked new vegas because immersion. you cant get immersed when there is no dialogue and everyone is a boring robot.

FFS, new vegas was literally in the guinness book of records for its dialogue, to go from that to this? nope
>>
>>336122416

>can't even be arsed to make the spouse a companion with deeper gameplay relevance than the other companions

Nobody at bethesda legit cared for Nora/Nate having given them a total runtime of 7 minutes in total unless you're playing as either one, right?
>>
>>336123367
>sarcastic
>not yes but in a more assholish tone
>>
File: zyfhupqwi0mk8podcuxr.jpg (64 KB, 720x443) Image search: [Google]
zyfhupqwi0mk8podcuxr.jpg
64 KB, 720x443
>>336119898
This.
>>
>>336123252
>>Literally no dialog options outside of yes and no.
There was only 'yes' and 'no, but yes'
>>
>>336122897
New Vegas does it fine.
>>
>>336119898
Everything / Bethesda
>>
>>336119898
Jews.

Every game jews touch turns to shit.
>>
>>336124080
Not really
>>
>>336119898
Bethesda bought the IP
>>
File: IMG_6661.jpg (1 MB, 1536x2044) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6661.jpg
1 MB, 1536x2044
>>336123597
>>336124239
>>336124167
>>336124159
>>336124147
>>336124080
>>336124039
>>336123990
>>336123892
>>336123640
>>336123597
>>336123569
>>336123501
>>336123460
>>336123459
>>336123454
>>336123367
>>336123292
>>336123252
>>336122897
>>336122416
>>336121030
>>336120834
>>336119898
fallout's casualization begans with fallout 3, the game already had shitty dialogs and poor RP elements; With outdated graphic in 2008.
Fallout 4 is just the consequence of it.

The concept art are better than the game, and when i see metro 2033 i'm telling myself that the game could have been made like it has been drawn.
>>
>>336124532
>replying to each and every post in the thread

Anyway, concept art is always better looking than the end result.
>>
Bethesda went full kike and decided they were going to turn Fallout into the next Call of Duty on what I can only assume is the advice of marketing granddads that don't know what the internet is because when people said Fallout 3 had a shit story they quite clearly didn't mean "give us a Fallout game with more focus on story to make up for it".
>>
shit story (and by extension shit writing) in a single player game
>>
File: MetroRedux.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
MetroRedux.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>336124697
Say this to metro 2033 which is exactly fallout 3 and 4 concept art book but in a game.
>>
It's not a good roleplaying game.
Horrible main story, even Fallout 3 was a lot better.
The shooting whilst alright is done better in many other games.

The settlement building is pretty neat.
>>
File: fallout.jpg (863 KB, 1900x768) Image search: [Google]
fallout.jpg
863 KB, 1900x768
>>
You expecting something good from Bethesda
>>
>>336124753
Bethseda made fallout 4 so shitly because they thought that they could get away with anything. Now that they've been knocked off their horse maybe they'll start taking writing seriously.
>>
Voiced protagonist has me worried about TES VI. Part of what made the TES games great was that you forged your own identity and that there was no pre-established constraints on your character.
>>
>>336124946
I don't get it.
>>
>>336125030
They made bank and normies love it though. That's all that matters to them at the end of the day.
>>
Todd.
>>
>>336125030
How have they been knocked of their horse?
It still sold amazingly well thanks to their "just tell them it's great often enough and they'll believe it" marketing.
>>
It's basically fallout 3, which i didn't really like. They try way to hard to make a huge game, but don't bother to put any content in it. Does anyone even bother reading the shit on terminals in this game? It's all garbage, why did they even bother to write something if it's going to be useless shit?

Also, it's super easy. My last playthrough i wore power armor the entire time, still finished the game with like 80 fusion cores.
>>
>>336125163
Reminder that Todd isn't a developer and when he is hyping up games he is hyping up features that are either half implemented or not implemented at all based on notes and test footage.
>>
>>336125268
You're not fooling anyone Todd.
I know it's you.
>>
why do all the companions insist on walking right in front of me when I'm shooting?
>>
What killed it for me was the dialogue choices. It was either nice, not as nice but still nice, sarcastic, or ask. Also the fact that in most instances you can't ask for more information and THEN decide whether or not you agree to a job really pissed me off.
>>
>>336125501
It's not like any Bethesda game ever had good dialogue choices.
>>
The game was just so dull, it felt like nothing was really happening in the world. Also I turned the difficulty up to the highest nearly straight away since it was so damn easy and fights offered no challenge whatsoever. In every sense of the word it was just too casual.
>>
>>336125501
the only thing they got right with dialogue is the fact you can just up and walk away whenever the fuck you want to.

NPCs even comment on it, some will become hostile.

That was neat, shame about the entire rest of it.
>>
>>336125438
The ai for the companions is borderline retarded. I can't count how many times my sniper guy will pick up a board with a nail in it, and then run a mile to the target.

I just play the game with lone wolf perk. All the companions are lame, and never stop talking, plus like i said their ai is basically broken and makes them useless in battle.

Plus I don't like how they criticize me for picking up junk items, when it's an essential part of the game.
>>
>>336125905
Not everyone will pick up a a board and run with it.

The problem here is that Bethesda have clearly given both companions and NPCs tagged perks (would have been tagged skills) so they have better proficiencies with some weapons than others.

NV did this too, but in NV you could ask the companion what their favourite weapon type is - in FO4 you can't.
We should be able to find that out now with the GECK though.

>Of course there is also the possibility your companion simply ran out of ammo for the weapon you gave them, but they *should* just switch back to their default, unlimited ammo weapon.
>>
>>336125905
I also don't like how every companion wants to have gay sex with you.

I bet even Strong does. I wouldn't know though, because i never keep him around because the motherfucker never shuts up.
>>
>>336125571
That's true, but there was at least an idea of freedom. One of the enjoyable things about world's like this is finding out what's going on around it and how it's affecting certain people. With Fallout 4 I never got that feeling; it's just a bunch of shmucks trying to live in Boston with a massive infestation of ghouls and radioactive crabs.
>>
The game wouldn't let me just sit around my old house, doing drugs with cait and momma murphey. For one moms is a lightweight, old bitch goes tits up after about 5 hits. Then that revolutionary nigger keeps bugging me to go save towns, then cait even starts talking about going straight. Bunch of bullshit.
>>
>>336126425
>Strong
>super mutant
>known for skinning humans alive and shoving their remains in bags
>has the right to judge you for lock picking

I sent that son of a bitch to the nearest settlement and never talked to him again.
>>
I've been playing New Vegas again after playing 4, and it has so much more character and class. It's like a food analogy.
>select all the food captcha
>>
>>336127301
Yeah, he's the only mildly useful companion in combat. So naturally they have to make him the biggest pain in the ass to deal with.

>Gets pissed if you enter power armor.

You know.....fuck you. Just fuck you.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.