[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Current opinions on Kojima after the whole MGSV debacle?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: jima.png (57 KB, 393x313) Image search: [Google]
jima.png
57 KB, 393x313
Current opinions on Kojima after the whole MGSV debacle?
>>
It's clearly not Hideo but Kojima
>>
>>336110051

Kojima did what he could with the time that he was given. His ambitions were too great, and I lament what could have been.
>>
>>336110051
HACK
>>
talentless hack, konami did nothing wrong
>>
Kojima has always made flawed games.
As time passed the people who fixed his shit are gone and were left with incomplete ideas.

MGSV is most likely a mix of Kojima taking too long on meaningless shit and Konami demotivating the entire team by kicking them all out so it's more of a noticeable fuck up than anything else past MGS3.
>>
>>336110051
People would have enjoyed it more if he cut it down to 20 or so missions and took out the free roam.
>>
>>336110051
He's made some good stuff and I still respect him for his earlier titles, but at this point it really feels like he doesn't care about games and just wants to make movies. Which might be cool, but he probably shouldn't be churning out half-assed games if that's the case. He's probably tired of MGS at this point and wants to make something new, which might also be cool.
>>
>>336110051
I was totally wrong about him. Turns out he was merely pretending to be retarded all these years, but he can actually make a good game. Who knew.
>>
File: 1444078766534.jpg (35 KB, 387x461) Image search: [Google]
1444078766534.jpg
35 KB, 387x461
>>336110051
Hack.
Konami fired him because MGSV was shit, not the other way around.
MGS1 was great but then he got stuck up his own ass too much, with MGS2 he was smart enough to not take any risks and make the same type of gameplay, but after that it was all downhill.
>>
>MGSV is most likely a mix of Kojima taking too long on meaningless shit and Konami demotivating the entire team by kicking them all out
by the time the entire Konami scandal has started (early 2015) the game was mostly finished, all they had left to do was bug tests and balancing
>>
>>336111673
>with MGS2 he was smart enough to not take any risks
Are you kidding? That game almost destroyed his career because of how different it was to previous entries.
>>
It is his fault that mgs 5 is a terrible game, not konami
>>
>>336110051
The game was in development for years, and they couldn't even figure out a logical story?

Konami's game division was killed due to the game. Suikoden and other games lost all funding due to Kojima siphoning funds into MGSV.
>>
4 was proof enough he didn't give a shit anymore, PW and V are just proof that left to his own devices he would make shit.
>>
MGSV might be a mess in both game design and story, but so were 4 and PW. All things considered, MGSV is in many ways more admirable than those two. My opinion of him hasn't changed much. He's a creative guy and good at leading a team.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.