[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how can sniper/sniper rifle be balanced?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 19
File: sniper.jpg (2 MB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
sniper.jpg
2 MB, 1200x900
how can sniper/sniper rifle be balanced?
>>
>>336109598
Is that him down there on the left, or am I now dead?
>>
Make it so that the bullet has weight and is effected by the wind.

Also only a headshot should kill from one hit, the torso should be around 4-5.

This however would cause the gamers to throw tantrums because using a sniper would require actual skill, patience and aiming instead of being the overpowered easy mode that we all know and love.
>>
>doesn't move on point
>doesn't push up with team
>is, by design, encouraged to be as far away from the battle as possible
>only useful in very specific situations. Rest of the time, is next to useless
>everyone wants to play sniper, so they take up half the team

Name one objective based online shooter where snipers are anything but a wasted slot.
It would be better if games just stopped making a sniper class.

They only put them in as a class because they are expected to.
>>
>>336109598
very high cost
very low kill reward
very low movement speed
only headshots are 1 shot kills
moving at all will result in a miss, noscoping is not a thing
>>
they can't

unless you have a gamemode where it's only sniper rifles and side arms, sniper battles are fun

but snipers vs. anyone else is just lame in most video games
>>
>>336109943

>Also only a headshot should kill from one hit, the torso should be around 4-5.

you realize snipers, like every other soldier, are trained to target center of mass right?
>>
let's out a loud fart when he lines up a shot.
>>
>>336110156
you realize, its a fucking videogame
>>
>>336110156
Go to bed, /k/.
>>
>>336110156
Balance before realism.
>>
Ridiculously inaccurate unless you've been zoomed in and stationary for a second before taking a shot
>>
>>336109943
>4-5 to kill
>for a torso shot
what the fuck? that's dumb as hell. why wouldn't you use an assault rifle at that point
>>
>>336110510
because those would take 15 body shots at medium range for a kill
>>
Let the bullets get affected by gravity and wind resistance and you have to adjust the sight for distance. Variable wind affects it too.
Then have you unable to actually see for a split second after the shot (due to the flash and kick) so you can't see where it hits and you need a second player to spot for you.
>>
>>336110510
Because sniper rifle would be the only gun with a long-distance scope and other guns would require even more shots to the torso.

The fact that you are already suggesting on using an assault rifle because snipers aren't overpowered anymore proves that we're getting this shit balanced here.

Too bad game designers will never get it.
>>
>>336110553
that's straight up retarded
>>
>>336110729
If by retarded you mean balanced then yeah, it's extremely retarded.
>>
Because you need to have everything else work to balance snipers, not have some arbitrary and gay ass bullshit like exaggerated bullet drop, requiring to be scoped in to shoot etc.

A game needs things like a machinegun chambered in 7.62x51 having the same damage as a sniper rifle chambered in the same caliber, suppression and actual long range combat.

If it doesn't have long range combat, tought tits. Sniper rifles will never be balanced because they're so out of place in most shooters. There's just too many variables to take into account, same deal with balancing a shotgun.
>>
>>336109982
>They only put them in as a class because they are expected to.
This. KDR wankers always pick the sniper and camp in their team's spawn, because they'll get maybe five or six insignificant kills per round without putting themselves in any real danger.
>>
>>336109598

By adjusting the amount of simultaneous snipers on the field. Other might be that you'd need a two man team - the sniper and the spotter, and the spotter actually has to designate the targets so the sniper can shoot.
>>
File: Bakshi_Wizards_1977_movie.jpg (214 KB, 1209x1500) Image search: [Google]
Bakshi_Wizards_1977_movie.jpg
214 KB, 1209x1500
Okay, so you have the choice between a gun you need to headshot for about 15-20 consecutive bullets or 2 seconds of body fire, to kill a enemy.
Or you get the gun that does 60-70% of enemy health on hit, or one hit on headshot.
Which one do you use?

Of course you use the instant gib sniper rifle. The kills per shot gain is so ungodly there is no reason to not learn how to usei t.
>>
>>336109598
By ensuring the disparity between sniper rifles and other weaponry isn't too great.
Left assault and battle rifles be accurate and deadly too.
Make counter-sniping easier.
I thought Battlefield's optic glint mechanic was pretty good at this.
>>
File: mystery of the druids.jpg (452 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mystery of the druids.jpg
452 KB, 1280x720
>>336109598
WHERE'S THE FUCKING DRUID?
>>
File: dmr man.jpg (56 KB, 475x316) Image search: [Google]
dmr man.jpg
56 KB, 475x316
make snipers unable to move through tight spots
make snipers unable to scope unless deployed
make more urban maps
make smaller snipers more rewarding (DMR's, WA2000 type urban guns bullpup snipers)
make snipers MUCH slower than the other classes
make big snipers (such as AWP, .50 cal, type snipers) only fireable when deployed, and make them unable to move and fire when carrying them
there you go now its realistic and more and more people will now play as the DMR and not the cancersniper

make dm rifles scopes a little less stronger,
>for example 2x instead of 4x
make dmr heavier than an assault rifle, but lighter than a sinper

there you go
>>
>>336109982
>Name one objective based online shooter where snipers are anything but a wasted slot.
ArmA 2 if they are played correctly
ArmA 3 if they are played correctly
>>
>>336109598
there are too many variables involved with sniper rifle balance for there to be a catch-all solution, but in general i'd say

1. pose significant risk to sniper rifle users, ie. revealed location when fired

2. viable counter-play options, smoke grenades, standard rifles able to return fire on a sniper nest, etc.
>>
>>336109982
You hardly ever see snipers in BF4, depending on the map.
Shotgunfags are the real cancer.
>>
>>336111663
Nah, the people who spam chat complaining about shotfuns are worse than the shotfunners themselves.

The real burden are the people who rigidly follow the meta.
>>
File: ded.jpg (121 KB, 587x606) Image search: [Google]
ded.jpg
121 KB, 587x606
>>336109598
>>
>>336109598
Games need to stop making sniper rifles OP as shit. The worst offender is by far CSGO, sniper rifles are ridiculous in that game, you can just run around the map bodyshotting people which is completely the opposite of what a sniper actually does. Then again that game isn't designed for sniping anyway since people are running all over the place spamming shit and the best you'll be able to do is snipe down a corridor or something. Alternatively you get the boring ass sniper wars where 2 people take potshots at each other by taking turns poking their head around a wall.

I don't really know, a lot of modern shooters have tight, twisting maps which are good for other weapons but not really for snipers, so to counter this games just make sniper rifles instant kill weapons. You'd probably have to make a game with large open spaces with some cover (which is where snipers are usually deployed) but then that would be massively unfair on non-snipers.
>>
Make the assault rifles/machine guns deal the same damage.
>>
>>336109943
Even a 9 can kill with one bullet to the center mass, if the enemy doesn't wear any protective gear. Your torso is quite frail
>>
>>336111843
csgo has absolute dogshit gunplay
i've never seen any worse

any game that rewards headshots more than a cute gimmick is crappy
>>
>>336111843
It's annoying but at least for CSGO judging by impact force the math checks out versus real life figures.

>inb4 AWP and SCAR 20 fire the same cartridge but have different damage
The SCAR legitimately loses that much muzzle velocity cycling.
>>
>>336110553
Who are you shooting at, a fucking Space Marine?
>>
>>336112021
to be honest tec 9 and p2000 dont deal the same damage too
the game doesnt really know about cartridges

for instance

galil's only purpose was being more accurate than ak47
its less accurate
ak47 isnt heavy at all
hell the fucking sg533 is heavier than a fucking iron/wood gun

i cant understand anything about it
>>
>>336109982

Splatoon.

Snipers/chargers are fairly well-balanced in said game, and don't actually camp in one spot all game. Like every other weapon, they have limited range, so there's no 'headshots from the other side of the map' shit either.
>>
>>336111770
Shotguns and some other weapons are cheap as fuck.
If it weren't for my drone i wouldn't know they were coming for me to one hit kill me, shotguns are cheap as fuck.
>>
File: Untitled.png (126 KB, 944x1341) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
126 KB, 944x1341
>>336109598
just like this
>>
>>336111663

>You hardly ever see snipers in BF4

Really?

Because I've had several games on paracels where we lost because a quarter of our team was sitting on our island
>>
/v/ is full of can't aim shitters (mostly shitty 3rd world countries) so they enjoy bitching about the most skill based class at every opportunity
>>
>>336112436
sniper is the class that requires the least aiming skill out of all actually

unless it's tf2
than it's a diffrent story.
>>
>>336109982
DOOM beta has really cool sniper rifle, essentially a rail gun that's best used in mid range with some occasional sniping from long range.
>>
>>336112525
Agree, being a sniper in tf2 requires no skill at all.
>>
File: qekjjobwtzmictrogozc.gif (2 MB, 800x448) Image search: [Google]
qekjjobwtzmictrogozc.gif
2 MB, 800x448
>>336109598
Forgive the animu but how about:
>Space-based 3D shooter (i.e. you have xyz movement)
>Cover such as asteroids, ships and other debris
>Non-snipers have the advantage of being highly maneuverable and able to take cover
>Snipers have some kind of "predictive interface" (not sure about this, would need to be not quite an aimbot but something to help you otherwise sniping targets in 3D space would be impossible)
>Game has objectives like "get to this area", which involves navigating areas like open space where snipers can pick you off, inside destroyed colonies, asteroid fields etc

I dunno, seems like it might be cool but I have no idea how the sniping would work. It'd be something different I guess.
>>
>>336112342
>taking gameplay advice from the developer of isometric RPGs and fucking New Vegas
"'""""""no thankyou""""""""
>>
>>336112679
oh look i can point and click at heads
see me how pro i am
>>
I think the solution to overpowered things is to allow players to have their own unique counters, since that means you don't have to balance as all abilities have something they're great for and something that counters them.

Ring Runner is a great example.
Fighter that grabs you and pulls you through its flame jets? Equip the ability that causes damage reflection, or spam so many deployables that they can't target you specifically.
Someone hidden behind countless deployables? Use a railgun, it penetrates everything.
Someone using railgun and has great aim? Use an R5G to sneak up on them with an instakill hammer.
R5G using an instakill hammer? Use Sage Sight to find them, their ability to instakill is only because of that sweet sweet 30% damage buff while invisible.
Someone using Sage Sight to find you? Equip Black Worm.
Someone using Black Worm? Scanner deployables.
Someone using deployed scanners? Teleport over the sweeping beams!
etc.
>>
>>336112525
>>336112679
I'm horrible at sniping in every game. Clocked some 700 hours in TF2 and can't play sniper for shit.
unless we're talking about Cuntsman
>>
>>336112772
you dont need to click heads
wait for a few seconds and you can deal 150 dmg which is enough to bring a medic down
in competitive headshots are rarer as it's inefficient and risky.

i for one, only headshot when i see a full overheal heavy. at full charge.
>>
>>336112762
I hate the idea of "Hard counters" basically designed to work against one specific thing, such as an item that is utter dogshit except against this one thing.

A good counter should be something inherent to gameplay or a weapon or item good for a bunch of things, like smoke grenades.

I do think hard counters are alright when it doesn't stop you from taking other more useful items and/or it dtops something genuinely incredibly powerful - for example, Strategic Missile Defence in SupCom.
>>
>>336112696
You mean Shattered Horizon?

Fuck I miss that game.
>>
>>336109598
Only Headshots are 1 hit kill
Zooming in is a slow clunky animation
Small magazine size
Few opportunities to pick up ammo
Zooming in gives off a massive glint that gives away your position
>>
>>336112891

that's because you're bad and have no pride

and you talk like reddit
>>
>>336113005
It is kind of bad when games do that, but at least in Ring Runner the only thing that is made to counter a specific other thing is Black Worm to counter Sage Sight, and that's kind of justified that's because Sage Sight is an overly easy way to spot invisible enemies and Black Worm is part of the game lore.
>>
>>336109598
Damage increases with range.
>>
>>336113281
i dont main sniper
and do you think a sniper would actually need skill or pride?
if you had either, you'd play another class.
>>
>>336112391
You have shitters in every team, i play recon and i don't do that shit, i go for the objectives.
>>
>>336111773
now try spotting that from 800 meters out
>>
>>336112762
See the list you make. You already said the Railgun do not have any counters.
Counters are in theory okay. The reality is that one of the weapons will be the very best, and it might even be the very best because only shit stuff counters it.
While the rest of the good weapons are countered by normal weapons.
>>
>>336113458
Yeah, Railgun being able to penetrate literally everything is pretty ridiculous honestly, but I once made a ship that was as powerful a railgunner as is possible and it still isn't actually that great a ship in comparison to the more unusual designs.
>>
>>336109943
I agree with all of this, especially the only headshot rule, but 4-5 torso shots for a kill is too much.
Make it 2-3
>>
File: Sniper time.jpg (822 KB, 3712x2712) Image search: [Google]
Sniper time.jpg
822 KB, 3712x2712
>>336109943
>the torso should be around 4-5

You are confusing marksman with sniper, no one is complaining about either in ARMA games.
>>
>snipers in games are too powerful
bitch please, they don't even give you explosive rounds half the time, those exist in reality.

>how to balance
make slightly more realistic (than bf4 even, closer to ARMA with realism mods) so you have to use them from far away, standing up will knock you on your ass with a .50, similar to punishing the player for trying to roll in 3 ton iron armor in DaS. (without havels.)

also artillery, none of this will work in arena style you die you respawn type war games, people are too greedy to unlock things so they won't work toward an objective, personally I think that whole genre is dipping in quality lately and needs a change.

if you are in range to shoot a sniper with even an AR the map is probably too small.

just my 2cents from the perspective of designing games, and being a bit jaded with battlefield post 4.
>>
>>336109598
Make a 100% realistic damage system
>>
File: 1448589332808.jpg (104 KB, 1200x768) Image search: [Google]
1448589332808.jpg
104 KB, 1200x768
>>336109598
Fire... a lot of Fire and armor
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWoBtcFw040
>>
>>336114483
I honestly don't get why devs nowadays don't do this. Sure, a few years ago it probably would have been too technologically demanding, but these days it seems relatively easy and would give shooters way more depth.

>Get hit in the arm
>Now have to fire from the hip using your good arm
>Slowly bleeding out, need to heal yourself or find a medic

Then again I can imagine people griefing badly in it, e.g. shooting someone's legs and then teabagging them or something.
>>
>>336114702
>get hit in arm
>fall over
>go into shock
>spend the rest of the match shivering on the ground
sounds great senpai
>>
>>336114164
>Make it 2-3

This would be entirely acceptable if the only sniper rifles in the game were bolt-action.

Too bad all the best platforms are semi-auto
>>
>>336111843
>Games need to stop making sniper rifles OP as shit. The worst offender is by far CSGO
You're shit at CS.
>>
File: 1390496847638.jpg (32 KB, 350x269) Image search: [Google]
1390496847638.jpg
32 KB, 350x269
>enemy snipers in videogames
>>
>>336112525
Didn't stop a good number of UGC snipers turning out to be hackers this week lol
>>
>>336115089
What did you expect from highlander sniper mains kek
>>
The only way to balance it is to make the game fast paced, thus making sniping take a lot of skill to use.

The reason snipers are so lame in modern FPS games is because they are slow paced as fuck and thus camping becomes a viable strategy.

The "sniper" of quake is the railgun, but it's hardly OP at all because the high movement speed makes it hard to land and because the enemy can rush you down if you try to camp with it.
>>
>>336109598
Insurgency: Catridge*barrel length = damage

Anyone can equip whatever optics fit on their rail.

If you want an accurate bolt action, go for it, but you'll probably get served by a semi auto battle rifle within 300m.
>>
>>336116416
faggot please, you're lucky if you will ever shoot someone from 100 meters in that game.
Even red orchestra has more range, Insurgency is a glorified csgo.
>>
>>336114848
Give semi-autos some bullshit damage or range reduction and bang, all good.
>>
How about we add anti-sniper class?
>>
>>336110729
Increased TTK is the best method of tuning
>>
>>336109982
Gotham City Impostors
>>
File: MAG_(video_game).jpg (147 KB, 300x352) Image search: [Google]
MAG_(video_game).jpg
147 KB, 300x352
>>336109982
>Name one objective based online shooter where snipers are anything but a wasted slot.
>>
make the snipers show up to the match two weeks before the other people log in to simulate what real snipers actually do, stalking. where they will lay prone and stare through binoculars at nothing. many will wash out. the ones that log in with a sniper class on the day of the battle get a permanent spawn point directly in the center of the map.
>>
>>336109982
Planetside 2.
But mostly when they equip SMGs and hack into bases sabotaging equipment and vehicles rather than actually sniping.
>>
>>336109598
you can't, it's a shitty mechanic used by the worst people
i've lost count how many games i've lost in bad company 2 because the huge majority of my team is a fucking sniper that happens to be camping at the spawn - during a rush game.
those worthless shitcunts are only there for the score and ironically they tend to be the ones with the lowest k:d/overall kills
>>
>>336116984
You mean sneaky mcsneakston that's always the top player on the team tranquilizing everybody and their mother?

Yeah I agree with you.
>>
File: 1313931970616.jpg (137 KB, 1023x767) Image search: [Google]
1313931970616.jpg
137 KB, 1023x767
>>336116984
it's called machinegun.
Joke is, they suck in most games because "ballance"
plus very few games bothers with working supression.
>>
>>336109982
Red Orchestra 2 assuming the person who takes the kit isn't an idiot.
>>
>>336117583
Liar. It is ALWAYS preferable to have a Heavy Assault or Medic than an Infiltrator.

Infiltrators can only ever be "as good" as another class, and they're almost always a lot worse.
>>
Red Orchestra 2 does snipers pretty well.
>No squad leader to spawn on
>Same damage as other rifles/MGs
>Some scopes prevent you from using clips
>Can use iron sights, but your scope takes up the majority of your screen
>Gun isn't always pointing at the center of your screen, making hip firing harder
>No grenades in Rising Storm
>>
>>336109943
A good sniper in RO2 can make the difference between a succesful push and a team getting slaughtered by MGs
>>
>>336111501

>Make snipers unable to scope unless deployed
>Congratulations, now there are 0-3 predictable sniping spots in a map instead of fucking anywhere, thus ruining their defensive capability without slapping passive spread on every other gun
>Lel if vehicles are in the game

Just try having it so tight corridors with no cover dissuade teams zerg rushing and give a role that excels in entrenching and mowing down anyone approaching. There, now snipers are balanced.
>>
>>336118352
Oh yeah I agree with that, but Infiltrators at least have more options rather than just sniping and can fuck up bases pretty well preemptively allowing an Outfit to steamroll. Their recon scanner is also arguably the best goddamn thing ever created for both defense and offense making them an alright support.

Light Assaults on the other hand are the KDR fags on Planetside 2 and really need to kill themselves. 90% of them just fly around, throw a C4 at a sundy not even killing it and just get mowed down by a squadron of medics.
>>
>>336117723
so for a while you were counting how many games you'd lost due to snipers?
>>
>>336118487
it's easy
by snipers i meant the big guns
snipers with cartridges like 7.62x54 act like a normal rifle

besides
only role a sniper has is
taking out machinegunners
calling artilerry
and spotting
>>
>>336118568
>Light Assaults on the other hand are the KDR fags on Planetside 2
As a long time LA player I agree.

It's the most useless class by far, but jetpacks are just so much bloody fun. The problem is if they made LA actually useful it would be broken as fuck. Even with no defined role, shitty guns, no good utility items, and almost the weakest armour in the game, the jetpack still lets you facestomp almost any class if you're good.
>>
>>336117853
>>336118116

>LMG
>Countering snipers

wat
Snipers are for counting LMGs
Smoke grenades counter snipers
Along with UAVs and literally any vehicle at all.

Maybe if snipers can't snipe the fucking pilots out of aircraft and LAVs you might understand, but BF thinks that's a thing.
>>
>>336118482
This.
I got called a botter\hacker tons of times because i was always behind the enemy lines killing other snipers and campers.
>>
>>336109982
>Has never seen Sniping Clans on CoD
>inb4 cod hating
>>
>>336118748
in real life, machine guns are mainly used for suppressive fire to keep the enemy's heads down. they're not always firing at snipers, but sometimes they do. it's hard to snipe when you have 7.62mm rounds streaking over your head.
>>
>>336118737
They can equip shotguns so already they have the best guns in the game.
>>
>>336109943
Battlefield does it right.
>>
>>336118835

Usually the range you have bests any LMG because they can't fucking see you.
It's great for everyone else because everyone else has less than half the effective range of a sniper, and are easily in line of sight if you squint.
>>
>>336109598
snipers in Tribes seemed pretty balanced to me simply because it was hard as fuck and they did very little damage
>>
>>336118748
LMGs counter snipers pretty well in Insurgency. Then again both snipers and LMGs are underpowered in that game compared to ARs.
>>
>>336110675

I'm sure devs get it, but they unfortunately are too worried about "muh precious sales nuuuu" rather than making a game with a skill curve. They would rather pander to the 12 year olds who want to make quickscoping montages that nobody will fuckin watch.
>>
>>336118987
Snipers in Tribes were goddamn awful, and now that you can equip any weapon you want to they're pretty much extinct.
>>
>>336118983
well for longer ranges you can just use a .50 caliber machine gun. but like the original guy said they don't have stuff like that in games for "balance" reasons.
>>
>>336119012

For a game like Insurgency it's great there's a limit of only one per team, and you can deploy them. The problem with insurgency is how odd deploying can be on top of the awkward scopes. Also how limited you are in supply so things like nightvision don't work and you can't find a good elevation.

Something like a 12x scope is actually more like a 6x. So yeah anyone else can fight back with that.
>>
>>336109598
Bullets do more damage the further away they are from the target when generated. At close range they're basically pistol shots to the feet, from half a map away clipping a player's hand is an OHKO

Done
>>
>/v/ hates sniper who camp
>/v/ hates agressive recon because "lol quickscoping is for kids"

MW2 and CoD4 has the best sniper classe because you can rush with it extremely effectively but only if you're good
>>
>>336118748
how it works in reality
>sniper gets spotted / his possible location is guessed
>it gets sprayed with machinegun and rifle fire
>location gets hit by several 40mm
>if there's hardened cover, it gets hit by AT weapons
>marksman observes target, and if sniper is still there, and alive, finishes the job
alternatively
>location is radioed, and hit by mortars or artillery
america-fuck-yeah-edition
>sniper gets blown by airstrike along with entire building he's in
>>
>>336119297
>/v/ is a hivemind that hates the same things
>>
>>336119297
cod4 and mw2 had the M21 and the M14-EBR, which made recon sniping very easy actually.
>>
>>336115380
ESEA 6s also had some

and the only black high level sniper turned out to be one
>>
The problem with snipers is maps are generally too small. Even in Sniper Elite you are well within range of most assault rifles.
>>
Huge recoil that drops to zero the longer sniper stays still.

This makes it so sniper rifles
>have setup time
>suck as makeshift assault rifles
>still let you hip shoot
>still let you quick scope

Speaking from realism, staying still to reduce recoil acts as the player preparing to take the kick back.
>>
>>336118983
Beign sniper isn't about outranging enemy, but about beign able to deliver hit without beign spotted.

Snipers usually don't fire from more than 800m, unless they have all time of the world to prepare for golden shot, or they're forced by situation to take chances. Rifle-caliber snipers rifle are not even meant to be used at more than 1200m. Which is effective range of rifle-caliber machinegun as well.
>because they can't fucking see you
several people in squad has optics. They are also trained to notice and be wary of good sniping locations. One soldier localises you all of them will, because their fire will follow tracers of this one guy.

beign sniper is the most dangerous job in the field.
>>
>>336120473
too much beignposting
>>
>>336120473
Beign? What country is that?
>>
>>336120473
snipers fire from whatever range solves the problem and takes the hajji out. look at all that bullshit from someone who spent all his life behind his desk. i was in the marine core for 5 years, i bet you never saw combat.
>>
>>336120473
Ill meme incoming
>>
>>336112021
i'm pretty sure the AWP is .338 and the scar-20 is 7.62 neato
>>
>>336112530
because it only has a single 1 hit kill weapon each map. demon is another matter.
>>
>>336120736
>snipers fire from whatever range solves the problem
like every trained soldier ever
>>
>>336121047

That is not possible, the SCAR bullet can't be 20 times larger. It does not match how they look.
>>
File: bulletcomp_8.jpg (59 KB, 301x300) Image search: [Google]
bulletcomp_8.jpg
59 KB, 301x300
>>336121316
...what.
>>
When was the last time you saw a sniper that was actually good and changed the match for your team?
>>
>>336110156
Not the retards who play 'sniper' in vidya

>durr hurr i hit one pixel of that guys boot he ded nao! Retards.
>>
>make game objective based
>make objectives give significantly more points than kills
>make sniping challenging
>make sniper kits limited

ta-da
baddies will automatically stop picking sniper beacuse they're on the bottom of the scoreboard each time.
>>
>>336120473
>beign
fourgh yuo
>>
>>336120736
>core
Sure you were m8. 300 confirmed kills, right?
>>
>>336121735
he was pretty hard corp man leave him alone.
>>
>>336121581
>He thinks shitters care about where they end up
wew
>>
>>336109982

Insurgency does it pretty well; an attacking team without a good countersniper will just get picked off incessantly from long range by defenders before they can get anywhere near the point.
>>
>>336109598
one hit kill anywhere is fine, but the player need to earn it

make the gun not hitscan hitting exactly center of crosshair, have an extremely simplified physics/wind simulation to make harder to hit the further the target is

require the user to be prone and still to not have retarded sway making impossible to run and gun with sniper rifles like in counterstrike

idally snipers should be able to reliably hit only stationary targets (manned structures/turrets, other snipers, campers)
>>
>>336111663
Buttblasted ar fag detected mad that you rifles dont dominate in cqc anymore
>>
Make the person being shot vulnerable to bullets instead of the traditional TF2 hit points marker.
>>
>>336109598
By giving games proper ballistic.
Shitters will stick to assault rifles and shotguns that way.
>>
>>336109598
Either make the game realistic (like ARMA), so the pros and cons are the same as IRL, or make it unrealistic and make up your own balance however the fuck you want (like Quake)

Also snipers are usually only viable for console codkiddies. It's shit-tier on PC because when you're aiming with a mouse and have better resolution you don't need zoom to hit people
>>
>>336121047
The AWP is 7.62 NATO
You're confusing it with the AWM which uses .338

>>336121316
Lmao what
>>
>>336122923
yep, you're right. thought they were both .338.
>>
>>336114390
>standing up will knock you on your ass with a .50

Weak Americans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0hUNfJoFuo
>>
>>336123674
the gorka gives him strength.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwu3ivAJ68U
>>
>>336109982
Well the last BF I played, the snipers had UAV's, and you could use them to spot the other team. In a coordinated squad, that shit was devastating, Plus you get a spot assist for everyone that gets killed.

You just have to use them right.

Also every counterstrike ever because AWP.
>>
File: cheekibreekiface.jpg (89 KB, 365x507) Image search: [Google]
cheekibreekiface.jpg
89 KB, 365x507
>>336123913

>hip firing 12,7
>>
File: 1439589448566.jpg (41 KB, 640x448) Image search: [Google]
1439589448566.jpg
41 KB, 640x448
>>336124201
the ptrs posted above that was 14.5, but the kord is a bit heavier and also automatic.
>>
File: K listens in on V.jpg (88 KB, 387x453) Image search: [Google]
K listens in on V.jpg
88 KB, 387x453
>>336124261

The hell is that at the end of the barrel? Doesn't look like a muzzle break.
>>
>>336117583
This

>>336118352
Until your platoon sends in a whole squad of them w/ stalker cloak to back cap.

>>336118568
>>336118737
Holy shit when I maxed out drifter jets, and now I just jump out of the gal and drift for miles, or drop out of nowhere and C4 a dug in sunderer. That shit is satisfying.
>>
>>336117116
No, anon. Please, the pain is too much.

>Get the perfect sniper perch that lets you see the back of the 2 turrets/spawners and the AA gun weakpoint.

It was taken from us too soon.
>>
>>336124436
maybe it's a booster to help expand more gas before the bullet leaves that tiny barrel, or maybe it's a shitty short suppressor, i have no idea.
>>
Its very simple
Limit the amount of players in that slot
depending on how many players there are limit the snipers to a reasonable amount
this will allow snipers to still be effective and not have a team ruined simply because they were put on a team of nothing but snipers.
>>
Make the game map fuckhuge, fortified as shit and make damage per caliber instead of per gun.
Sniper can take higher calibers but carry less ammo and recoils more. Silencers work realistically instead of muffling everything to a cat's sneeze.
>>
>>336118352
Thing is, most HA are retarded. Another medic is always good though.
If your Infiltator has a Stalker Cloak and communicates shit then he's way better than your average HA.
Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.