[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best Armored Core game to start out with? I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: for answer.png (430 KB, 384x474) Image search: [Google]
for answer.png
430 KB, 384x474
What's the best Armored Core game to start out with? I have a backwards compatible PS3.
>>
>>336108802
I went all the way back to AC2 when I tried to get into the series and honestly, you're probably better off starting with AC3 or even Silent Line.
>>
The PS2 entries are probably best.

On the PS2, there are 3 subseries.
2 > Another Age
3 > Silent Line
Nexus > Nine Breaker > Last Raven

Silent Line is perhaps the best, but you'd better play 3 first.
Dual analog controls are only introduced with Nexus, which happens to be one of the easiest entries. Last Raven conversely is the hardest. So you could start with Nexus, but it might be hard to adjust to the old control scheme.

These PS2 games got PSP ports, tweaked and slightly worse but still a must-own if you become a fan of the series and own a Vita. Only play on a PSP if you're confident clawing.
AC3 portable > Silent Line portable > Last Raven portable.

The cool thing is that each of these subseries has save importing, so it's better to play the subseries in order.
>>
Starting off with the 3rd generation is probably a safe bet, the question is whether you wanna start with 3 or with Nexus. 3 sets you up to play the 3rd gen from release order which is cool but the controls are much more modern in Nexus thanks to the use of dual sticks. Can't go wrong with either I'd say. 4th gen is also a good start point but feels the most different from the rest of the series.
>>
Is OP even here?
>>
>>336112517
Maybe, but I'm not him and I am also interested in this so it's still helpful.
>>
How's armored core for answer these days? I can imagine online is dead but how is it purely offline?
>>
>>336112517
I'm here. Just looking for torrents of the ps2 versions right now.
>>
>>336114982

Download from Emuparadise.
>>
>>336114624
It's good and pretty difficult. Plays quite differently from other AC games because almost any design can fly indefinitely and dodge almost anything at any range with quickboost as long as you have the energy and reactions.
>>
>>336115085
Thanks.

How different are the games from one another? Say i'm not feeling some aspect of the combat for whatever reason. Would it be fine to try out the next one or are they all pretty much the same?
>>
>>336115768

The biggest differences come between the PS1 games and the PS2 games, the PS2 games and AC4, and AC4 and AC5.
They're all mech combat games, but the gameplay is completely revamped between each of those leaps.
>>
Thanks for all the advice guys. I'll get started on them today.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.