[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck you, I liked it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: resident_evil_6_37.jpg (220 KB, 1920x968) Image search: [Google]
resident_evil_6_37.jpg
220 KB, 1920x968
>>
>>336107449
Congratulations, you like garbage
>subjective opinion
RE6 is a fucking hateful, soulless game, and is bad in ways that you cannot claim are subjective.
>inb4 the "b-but the gameplay works for Merc's mode" defense
>>
>>336107449
Fuck you, I dont like it.
>>
>>336107449
>RE6 is a fucking hateful, soulless game, and is bad in ways that you cannot claim are subjective.
How is it bad? And no, "poorly documented" and "poorly designed" are completely different things.

Example:

RE6 has a flawlessly designed cover system.
RE6 has a poorly explained cover system.

Ergo, RE6 still has a great cover system.
>>
>>336108630
Who are you quoting lmao? You gotta love how you can trigger these projecting fags with their automated responses these days.
>>
>>336108630
>>inb4 the "b-but the gameplay works for Merc's mode" defense
The "RE6 only works in Mercs" meme needs to die. You can do everything from Mercs in the campaigns. If some people can't stand set pieces and want to go back to old RE design, that's their fucking problem and their fucking butthurt. RE6 has campaign design niggles, but aside from the bullshit door chase QTE in Jake's campaign, there aren't a great many outstanding design flaws. Almost everything fits into some sort of logical place within the overall game design.
>>
>>336107449
I'm with you, man. RE6 was a huge improvement over 5, and Mercs is the best in the series.
>>
File: Cover_Dat_Ass.webm (2 MB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
Cover_Dat_Ass.webm
2 MB, 640x400
>>
>>336109214
>but aside from the bullshit door chase QTE in Jake's campaign
I can't recall this part. The only real bullshit part off the top of my head are the helicopters in Chris's campaign.
>>
>>336109376
>I can't recall this part.
Ustanak chases you in the caves. Jake/Sherry open doors and close them behind them. On higher difficulties with an AI partner, it can be extremely frustrating. It's the only section of the game that I consider to be unacceptable. Real "WOT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING?" stuff.

Right up there with the torture QTEs in MGS games.
>>
Am I the only one who likes both old and new RE?
I only wish they made both styles still. If they want the main ones to be the new style fine, make spinoffs with the old style.
I don't want RE2 Remake to play like new RE though.
>>
>>336107449
The only thing I did not like was the Chris route timed attack helicopter chase scene on boats. The mutated BOWs stunned you on hit or simply got in your way. Really bad level design.
>>
>>336107449
I wish that I could like it. Being unable to enjoy RE6 has bothered me since it came out.

What the fuck happened, Capcom?
>>
>>336109025
Who actually needs a cover system in RE6?

Anyone actually good as shooting games knows its simple enough to just stand behind something and bust caps as needed, especially when you have all these snail pace enemies.
>>
>>336109365
It's been said before so I'll say it again, one of the most badass and fun cover systems ever in a TPS.
>>
>>336109521
Me; I'm still waiting for RE1/2/3 style level design but with 4's combat + 5's extra qte attacks (stabbing downwards can fuck off for sure).
>>336109662
This too.
>>
>>336109662
>Who actually needs a cover system in RE6?
When the game becomes a cover shooter and the MG guys kill you in two hits.
>>
It kinda got repetitive. It felt like a shooting gallery with targets that lunge at you from a mile away. It just.. idk man it wasn't scary, but that's no surprise. I beat it once and it never really called for my attention again. Even the more action oriented RE4 calls for my attention time and time again. Shit, just thinking about it makes me wanna start a playthrough again. Red9 anyone?
>>
>>336109662
>HP does not regenerate without items.
>Enemies have guns that scale damage @difficulty.

Even if you did not want it, could you say the same about not needing it?
>>
I wish the setpieces were more of the 4/5 level of quality, like the maps that all became mercenary mode maps, would have really carried the game from just okay to really good
>>
>>336110252
I respect your choice of the Red9, but the only handgun for me is the punisher.
>>
>>336109538
That was a fucking nightmare. In fact i dont remember ending his route. I just did Ada's instead.
>>
>>336109846
and completely unnecessary even on the highest difficulty
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.