[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did Dante get the rebellion back after vergil defeats him
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1714992-dmc4_dante_rose.jpg (281 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1714992-dmc4_dante_rose.jpg
281 KB, 1280x720
How did Dante get the rebellion back after vergil defeats him and takes it in the opening cutscene to 3?
>>
>>336107308
The opening cutscene where they are fighting on top of the tower? Vergil impales Dante with it, he doesn't steal it.
>>
>>336107357
But he was walking away with it initially, I assumed he took it out and left after stabbing him. I guess you're probably right
>>
>>336107308
>>336107783
Did you...did you even play the game?

The REAL question, regarding DMC plot holes is, why did Dante take the Force Edge in DMC1 when the Rebellion is his default weapon? Well I guess the real answer would be that the Rebellion was created until after DMC1, but even still, it doesn't make any real sense anymore, unless Trish just told him to bring the Force Edge just in case or something. But at that point, she was still working for Mundus.

Oh well.
>>
>>336107783
Vergil leaves Dante Impaled to the ground with his own sword

>>336108176
Maybe because Force edge was his newest weapon and his father's weapon and he felt like giving it a try

The real one is why did Dante change the name of his store to Devils Never Cry only to change it again to Devil May Cry?
I'm happy that it is called Devil May Cry again because it sounds better and it has a more interesting reason for it's name but it is still an inconsistency
>>
>>336108805
Maybe Lady got annoyed with the name change and told him to revert it in exchange for forgiving some of his debts.
>>
>>336108805
>Maybe because Force edge was his newest weapon and his father's weapon and he felt like giving it a try
>his newest weapon

DMC1 takes place like 10 years after DMC3 and his shop is filled with all sorts of weapons and memorabilia that he's acquired over various jobs throughout the years. No way in hell is the Force Edge the most recent weapon he acquired by the time of DMC1.

I do agree that he 'probably' (if we HAD to throw in a reason) just felt like using the weapon. It IS Dante after all, he's excellent at wielding any sort of weapon.

Actually maybe he knew of the power contained within the sword and took it with him because he wanted to kill Mundus and thought there might be a way to unlock Sparda's power within it on the way or something.

>The real one is why did Dante change the name of his store to Devils Never Cry only to change it again to Devil May Cry?
It's just one of those 'things'. "Devil May Cry" has a better ring to it and it's the name of the series after all.
>>
No offense to all the anons in this thread, but trying to make sense of the continuity in DMC is a lost cause that takes away time from getting frame perfect non-jumping RG blocks in 3 and 4.
>>
>>336107308
Its a fucking video game. Its made for entertainment purposes, not so you can write fanfiction based on the solid lore.

"It has to make sense" fags are almost as ridiculous as "these panties are breaking my immersion when saving the universe" faggots. Grow up
>>
File: Lightening speed.png (617 KB, 1249x933) Image search: [Google]
Lightening speed.png
617 KB, 1249x933
I wish alastor made a return, just because of how cool the concept is.
>>
>>336109123
Maybe some of us actually like DMC lore.
>>
File: dante-dmcrender6.jpg (56 KB, 1000x650) Image search: [Google]
dante-dmcrender6.jpg
56 KB, 1000x650
>>336108176
Even better, why did he use Rebellion and not Alastor in DMC4? Dante is supposed to have taste in weapons.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.