[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GoW4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: gow4.jpg (41 KB, 846x476) Image search: [Google]
gow4.jpg
41 KB, 846x476
What went right?
>>
File: gears 4 juvie.jpg (157 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
gears 4 juvie.jpg
157 KB, 1920x1080
Look at everything that people hated about Judgment. Try to fix all of them. They also apparently want the campaign to return to the military horror feel that the first game had, which I'll welcome. And while it might seem contrived to whip up a new race of monster enemies that might as well be the Locust, that's what Gears players want so it's the right decision.

My biggest complaint so far is that the girl looks awful, totally out of place unlike Sam and Anya.
>>
Graphics so far, that's pretty much it though. Also the Hammy being trash again.
>>
>>336098080
Don't know but im not feeling this Gears guys. Campaign seems cool but multiplayer is exactly like Gears 3 but with new guns and worse graphics.
>>
File: BensDyingWords.jpg (426 KB, 1277x684) Image search: [Google]
BensDyingWords.jpg
426 KB, 1277x684
WHAT WENT WRONG?
>>
>>336099370
He did his best
>>
>>336099370
He wasn't as cool as Clay
>>
>>336099370
Brutal.
>>
>>336098930
New monster design looks great, but I have to question a couple things about it. Do they breath through the nostrils were a human nose would be, or the nostrils on the top of the head? Do the eyes Indicate that these are blind creatures, that use their enhanced sense of smell (2 sets of nostrils) to track you down? Does the general makeup of their being indicate that they are in an early form of evolution/ mutation that will eventually morph into something more soldi?

Either way I can't wait.
>>
>>336099124
There is no reason to choose the hammerburst as it is now. The dropshot is fucking OP as hell., the bots are fucking ridiculous with it.
>>
Well the multiplayer graphics aren't right, right now. They look pretty damn awful. They can do better even at 60fps. I really hope they use the next months optimizing the shit out of it.
>>
>>336100809
Juvie is for juvenile so I assume they grow into the equivalent to drones
>>
File: gears-4-evidenza-female.png (135 KB, 770x385) Image search: [Google]
gears-4-evidenza-female.png
135 KB, 770x385
>>336100809
Multiplayer will always be the big draw, but I'm kind of curious to see what the campaign holds. Also, Kait is a cutie.
>>
>>336101335
Have they confirmed this to be an Xbone exclusive, or will it eventually be available on PC through the universal windows up thing? Either way, I hope Crackdown 3 is a huge success (i.e keeping at least half of what they are promising) and that it in turn shapes the way games like Halo and Gears play online.
>>
>>336102125
Microsoft set up Universal Windows App to be a failure, so no, there will be no Windows version. They did it purely to convince their shareholders that Xbox is more viable. Technically, they're right.
>>
>>336098080
Horde better be in the final version

the gameplay is great, the new locusts look alright, with they had more Beef Mclargehuge character designs. The Hipster, Manbun, and Crackwhore all look shitty.
>>
>>336101335
I guebss it cracks down to it still being in beta and the release date is like 6 months away so they have time to polish it. Its not one of those betas that are a week before release
>>
Never played judgement

Is it crap?

Waiting on a new GPU to get Collection
>>
>>336099370
I will never not be mad at this.
>Marcus never talks about either Carmine beyond single throwaway lines
>Doesn't even seem to give a shit about them
what a prick
>>
>>336102636
I didn't play it either, but I've heard it's terrible, like a lot of people say if you like Gears of War don't play Judgment. I've considered playing it just for the story though.
>>
>>336102651
Marcus barely knew either of them. You can't get caught up in mourning every casualty. Marcus presses on with the mission even after Dom dies.
>>
I'm buying an xb1 for gears4 multi
>>
>>336103096
I can buy that for Anthony and Kim because their deaths were sudden and he did just meet them. He spent far more time with Ben though, and was his direct superior and he watched him slowly die from being torn in half.

After Dom dies he is just operating on a functional level to kill things. His smile and optimism were gone after that, even though really he should have been slightly relieved that Dom's suffering was finally over.
>>
>>336103449
in 3 everyones smile and optimism was gone except for Baird.

Also, didnt Marcus knew Kim for longer?
>>
>>336103319
Did you miss out on the beta? Multiplayer is fun as fuck, dodgeball is so fun, and I can't wait to try escalation.
>>
>>336103449
Realistically he had only been operating with Benjamin for a few days. You're right he was his superior though. Marcus is complimentary to Ben when training him and afterwards though. I agree he didn't really seem too torn up by his death and it's a little odd at least.

>>336103840
I don't think so, he just gets put into Kim's squad.
>>
>>336103017
The episode that was part of 3 is great, following Baird and Cole.

The rest is ok but the way the levels are set up dont work that well, its just a collection of small firefights with little connection between them.

You start the level, complete the objective, get a score, do a loading for the next level and repeat. Each level is really short, mostly just 1 to 3 areas.

The multiplayer is ass since it takes everything that made Gears somewhat unique (symetric levels, no respawns, cogs vs locust) and removes that.

The horde mode does take advantage of cogs vs locust but its class based and generaly not that fun with few levels
>>
>>336104192
I bought Ultimate Edition so I have a code to DL Judgement for free, like I said though it would just strictly be to play through the campaign. I have no delusions that multiplayer will be good.
>>
Dam is best map.
>>
>>336098080
nothing
>>
>>336107618
One of the best betas I've played in years.
>>
Nothing, it's shit.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.