[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
jesus christ, I did the introduction sequence and figured out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 17
File: 1449125366452.jpg (849 KB, 1200x1715) Image search: [Google]
1449125366452.jpg
849 KB, 1200x1715
jesus christ, I did the introduction sequence and figured out the controls in like 10 seconds

The dogfight with Pigma only took me 2 tries and the first was because I was mixing up U-turn and the loop

Is vidya doomed if vidya reviewers are really this fucking stupid?
>>
Yes.

The controls weren't even difficult. Honestly it's the stages that are overwhelming for new players but like most arcade games, it only takes a few runs to learn the patterns and figure everything out.

Even then, the game itself isn't that difficult.
>>
File: 1461201489637.png (342 KB, 627x433) Image search: [Google]
1461201489637.png
342 KB, 627x433
vidya reviewers have always been fucking retarded when it comes to gameplay/controls that they aren't used to
>>
Yeah, I'm calling bullshit on that faggot

The gyro controls suck, it should have been made without the cockpit view and added more meat to the game instead.
>>
File: villagershrug.jpg (165 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
villagershrug.jpg
165 KB, 1920x1080
It's certainly not in a good spot if people can't adapt to new controls anymore, yes.
Good number of actually people on forums, including /v/, actually got this shit down though. Reviewers can continue to be bad at games.
>>
>>336092952

Don't you have some important business decisions to make, Reggie? Stop worrying about reviews.
>>
>>336093441

they really dont. If you're not spacially retarded and dont swing the gamepad around like an autist, the recticle goes exactly where you aim it. And pressing 'y' recalibrates it to the center immediately
>>
>>336092952
Pretty fuckin much. This game is almost the perfect StarFox. Multiplayer and more levels never hurts, but it's like 64 on steroids.
>>
It's not about how hard ore easy the controls are you spergs, nobody like the way they work while others find them tedious since there isn't any option to witch to classic controls.

Nintendo forces you to play they way they want you to, not how you want to, but I guess it's okay since Nintendo is never wrong, right?
>>
File: koopa.jpg (38 KB, 258x254) Image search: [Google]
koopa.jpg
38 KB, 258x254
>>336093802

Nintendo should have included it, but the game isn't built around classic controls and would be a fucking mess. Well, if people want to intentionally make the game play like shit then it's their choice.
>>
>>336093802

but gyro aiming is more precise then 64's stick control

are you saying they should get make gameplay more inconvenient?
>>
The controls aren't hard to learn they just aren't enjoyable to use, big difference.
>>
My biggest problem with the game is how boring it is compared to Star 64 and Assault.
>>
>>336093595
Except it's a pain in the ass to recalibrate it during the game when you are in tough situations because you get caught up in the moment.

Also the final boss is shit, Andross in 64 was a better boss
>>
File: 1447798072566.jpg (12 KB, 344x259) Image search: [Google]
1447798072566.jpg
12 KB, 344x259
It's not even that the controls are hard, it's just stupid that people defend them being there in the first place.
The gimmick is pretty much the only thing that keeps the game relevant with people. If it wasn't there, people would call this a lazy 64 cashgrab.
It seriously makes me mad that people think the game is top tier compared to any other rail shooter/space shooter just because they got gud and think they're better than the people who don't like the gimmick.
Even if they aren't as present when you change it to shooting only having gyro controls, the game is still riddled with shitty gimmicks and the wasted potential of the chicken walker.
>>
>>336094065

>Boring

I'll grant you that there aren't enough scrolling segments, but this shit is more intense than everything in 64 save for Area 6.
>>
File: 1455562570074.png (70 KB, 172x159) Image search: [Google]
1455562570074.png
70 KB, 172x159
>>336094214

>its a pain in the ass to press one button located right next to pivitol flight control buttons youre already using
>>
>>336094009
>what are the 2 control sticks vs 1 from the 64 control?

They should've taken notes from assault
>>
File: 1462061051663.jpg (93 KB, 838x489) Image search: [Google]
1462061051663.jpg
93 KB, 838x489
>>336094331
>Hahahahaha, I'm just gonna ignore that sometimes you get put into inconvenient and hetick positions that make it difficult to decide if it's the right time to push the recalibrate button based on body position
>>
>>336094065
I feel the exact opposite. 64 is a lot of fun to replay but it does get tedious when you have to play the same missions over and over again just to get a fucking medal. Especially Aqua and Sector Y, pretty boring stages desu senpai. Assault's on rails sections are exciting but the game looks drab when you're on-foot and it doesn't help that the majority of these missions are the almost exact same objective every time. Zero to me is a little more enticing because of the controls ironically enough. Looking back and forth from the TV to the gamepad makes the game pretty exciting, the dogfights are a good example of this.
>>
>>336094753

if you're about to do a manuever like the u turn, barrel roll, or somersault, it doesnt matter where your recticle is because it goes away during the sequence
>>
>>336094009
Who gives a shit if it's more precise? That shit ain't in Ace Combat and it works fine without it.
>>
File: toastman.png (32 KB, 116x145) Image search: [Google]
toastman.png
32 KB, 116x145
>>336094446

You haven't played a Star Fox game in ages, have you? Where then do they put all the important maneuvers? You saying you want to click in the stick to do a barrel roll?
>>
>>336094280
>If it wasn't there, people would call this a lazy 64 cashgrab.
Well thats kinda the point. Not the cashgrab part, it's 64 but you have to relearn it. You have to use new brain cells to play it.
>>
File: 1363865539173.jpg (57 KB, 638x478) Image search: [Google]
1363865539173.jpg
57 KB, 638x478
All this hate could've been avoided if WiiMote+Nunchuk was a control option. Literally a whole bunch of Nintendo's games have that option but the one game that could actually benefit from it doesn't have the option.
>>
File: 295.jpg (97 KB, 575x768) Image search: [Google]
295.jpg
97 KB, 575x768
>>336094280
Blind nintentards will defend the bad shit in this game to the death, I bet some of the "controls aren't bad ;^)" fucks haven't even bought the damn game and are just here to defend the dumb shit miyamoto does
>>
>>336095334

same could be said for everyone saying the games shit but have never touched it

Its a two way street, chuckles
>>
>>336095102

Except in co-op mode. Which makes it more baffling.
>>
File: 1461249760822.jpg (20 KB, 408x446) Image search: [Google]
1461249760822.jpg
20 KB, 408x446
Reminder that an IGN reviewer tried to catch a nonexisting rose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LOG_pcFEkwo&t=475
>>
>>336095034
Star Fox 3D already has gyro controls. Not only that, but they're actually fine because you don't have to look at another screen to be precise. They didn't need to make yet another 64.
>>
>>336095413
So? He wanted to save Wonder Blue the embarrassment. Good for him.
>>
Come on Nintenbros

Wake Up.

We lost SFZ, that very thought still fucking burns me as I write this. But Understand this, We Got Five, count with Me One (Mario and sonic) Two (Book of Unwritten tales) Three(Slain) Four (Kirby: PR) And Five (#FE) games coming.

And Guess what?

We sweep through that, and get as small of a lost as we can in Slain, We Will not only make up what we lost in SFZ, we will have cut into sonys lead.
This is war, My brothers and Sisters, and wars are not won by one battle, one moment. We will lose battles, we will lose games.... but we will win the war.

This Campaign is focused on one thing, and one thing only, Fixing Vidya. Fixing the Corrupt journalist, Fixing /v/, making the REAL games, Our Consoles. And we have to work hard for it.

GIANT BOMB and the DNC have written us of as a Insurgency. Damn Right we are an Insurgency, We are an Insurgency fighting for the future of our children, our families, our very way of life. Corporates like Goldman Sachs, and the Microsoft want to keep us down. And we are down, right now.

What matters is this.....Will we stay down, let the world Die around us, because we lost by a little bit in Star Fox Zero. We were no matter what going to lose SFZ, I wish it wasn't that way but the DNC and Gabe's foothold on the west is strong.

We Have to Stand, to give this goddamn world a fighting chance, Steam won't change Anything, Sony will make it even Worse. We have to win this or Our very way of Life is Gone, and I am not being Dramatic. Gaben wouldn't dare change a thing to keep his Pals in Wall Street Happy, and Sonyggers will Accelerate us into another War. We Let that happen we won't have another Chance, there isn't another 4 years, there isn't a "Next Time" There is only Now.
>>
>>336095443
>They didn't need to make another Star Fox 64.

I dunno about that. Granted I would've preferred a more original storyline but there was no way that a Star Fox game was going to follow up from Command, that shit had like 9 different endings. I don't mind that this is another 64 as long as there's a sequel that doesn't do the same. I'd compare this game to DKC:Returns, the game borrows heavily from the mechanics from its inspiration but then would (hopefully) have a sequel that improves on everything and make the game more original.
>>
>>336094039
This

Also the chicken was junk. I felt like I was playing Megaman Legends.

Still have only sat down and played this once though, and the only part that I really enjoyed was doing a U-turn and blowing the fuck out of Andross to finish off my first playthrough.
>>
>>336096025
Okay, what if they wait a good 10 years to make another due to all the backlash and it, yet again, borrows a lot from 64?\
And maybe has a new gimmick, as well.
>>
File: FoxInSpace.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
FoxInSpace.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Just watched pic related yesterday. Did I miss out on the discussion, or has it been tossed aside as furshit? Didn't see anything about it on /co/ either.

I thought it was good.
>>
>>336096475
>furshit

Who the fuck gives a shit if it's technically furshit, it's still really good.
>>
>>336096475
Well, I saw it and I think I can agree. I liked it a lot. Anyone know when the next episode is coming?
>>
>>336096280
I'd be pretty disappointed. The difference with Zero is that it won't have any sequels within those ten years unlike 64. Also it would be redundant because the game was already a return-to-form Star Fox game and is in a clean slate ready for a sequel.
>>
>>336094039
I guess I'm in the minority here but I think the controls are a lot of fun. I would prefer this game over 64 fun factor wise, but definitely not objectively. There's a more satisfying feeling when you're shooting at the weak points of a boss or trying to shoot down any of the Star Wolf pilots. The Chicken Walker is fun once you get used to it and the Landmaster controls better than before now with the addition of the Gravmaster. The Gyrowing is alright, I'd rather not have it in the main game though.

I was recently playing 64 and I got so frustrated in Sector Y because you are so fucking limited as to where you shoot, fucking hate playing that mission just to get the medal especially on expert mode.
>>
>>336093431
this is what happens when you homogenize controls and gameplay mechanics - Anything out of the ordinary will receive heavy criticism.
>>
>>336093327
Controls are pretty damn fine. I never miss most of my shots aimed with motion, unlike the unreliable analog stick from N64.
>>
>>336093802
The game isn't meant to be played with two sticks and one screen.

The cockpit view, motion controls and co-op added a lot of depth to it. It is rewarding to learn and gitgud on the controls.
>>
>>336096162
gitgud
i
t
g
u
d
>>
My only gripe with the game is that it's a bit too slow and it's lacking in content. I want more top speed levels that are actually long. Other than that it's a solid game.
>>
The controls are fine, game just doesn't have enough content. Should've had more on-rails levels. Too many copy pasted levels too.
>>
>>336093802
>nobody like the way they work while others find them tedious
>everyone hyping VR and realism shit
>WHY IS THIS GAME FORCING ME TO USE COCKPIT VIEW ON AN SPACE SHOOTER SHIP!!!!!
>>
>>336100474
VR is the worst gimmick.
Worse than the Eyetoy.
>>
Yeah...the negative reviews aren't more based on the fact the game is fucking shit as a whole or anything
>>
>>336100607
and is what the hole industry is rallying behind rightnow. I just want to enjoy the show after everyone that backed it crash
>>
>>336092952
Controls are fine. The content is lacking. Honestly, it just makes me want to play 64.
>>
File: stupid.png (13 KB, 381x380) Image search: [Google]
stupid.png
13 KB, 381x380
>>336093431
This
>Those fucking early reviews of Wonderful 101
>All those complaints about the drawing mechanic from retards that hadn't figured out you could just use the right stick to draw
>>
File: 1336304249183.jpg (18 KB, 233x253) Image search: [Google]
1336304249183.jpg
18 KB, 233x253
I've been enjoying it so far. I just don't understand why they even bothered changing some of the lines when they're just shittier versions of lines from SF64.

>You're good... but not good enough!
>Can't talk now... gotta go!
>Andross won't be getting his way this time!
>>
Honestly. If this game had a few more regular levels, basic multiplayer using classic controls, a classic control mode (rebalanced levels to accommodate this), and removed the gyrowing entirely, and had an alternate Andross fight path it would have been great.

I'm hoping this game gets extra free content due to the bad press.
>>
>>336101584
Gyrowing was my favorite part of the game. And Andross was pretty much epic, the boss is really challenging and takes a lot to defeat it.

I wish for more content though.
>>
>>336101584

Dunno if it will be free, but Miyamoto said there were some plans to add DLC/Episodic content in an interview.
>>
>>336101584
this right here can bring the game up from "ok" to "above average" in my opinion

also
fix the way I can barely fly past the great fucking fox in the android mission, I feel so fucking slow in that one and for fuck's sake REMOVE ENEMY DRONES its no fun to have shoot those little shits off the fox
>>
>>336101756
I don't hate the gyrowing. It's OK. But it DOES break the flow of the game.
They could have made it a secret mission or on an alternate path like aquas was. (Though aquas wasn't really bad at all like people claim it was)
I don't mind the Andross fight either. I think it's harder than people make out, but it would be cool to fight an organic/mutant version. I miss giant brain Andross.
>>
>>336092952

according to /v/ this game has enormous difficulty
>>
>>336095019
Barrel roll should've been R.
>>
>>336103914
according to /v/ Dark Souls has enormous difficulty
>>
>>336102082
Metal Andross was certainly a straight reference to the original from SNES. He even spits metal rectangles (?). You can see his "organic" form when waving outside the glass tower, it's like the mirror walls reflects his true self or some shit like that, the man he once used to be. A great boss design without a doubt. Brain form would be a decent addition on top of that.

I like the gyrowing because it breaks the flow of the game. It was a great mission and gave you more room for trying the motion controls and getting used to the stick AND the cockpit view calmly, without a swarm of enemies attacking you continuously. Of course there is always a training mode down the main menu, but Zoness felt like a comfy mission where you can try anything safely after having your first contact with the action.
>>
>>336092952
I agree, but the game is shit for a lot of reasons other than the controls.
>>
>>336104795
imagine having to press 2 shoulder buttons when 2 of them are already being held constantly. Don't forget the two sticks used for movement in most vehicles.

Man, my fingers already fucking hurt with ZL and ZR, having a constant L R use would fuck up many people. Not even Kid Icarus has so much pain involved.
>>
>>336092952

Wouldnt be surprised if they were. Idiots could barely understand the basic controls of Sonic Lost World. It was a shit game, don't get me wrong, but the reviewer posted video of himself dying on shit he shouldn't have just because he was not holding down the run button.
>>
>>336105091
Please list them

hard mode: things that are NOT in SF64
>>
>>336093431
Theyre narcissicsts who enjoy the stage and a chance to bitch about something to make them seem cool.
>>
There is a clear anti-Nintendo bias from the Soros-funded media, because they are the only company still supporting the nuclear family in their games, and not filling them with genderqueer tranny degenerates and muslims
>>
Only problem with zero is lack of on-rail parts, and that theres way too many all-range parts
>>
>>336093327
>it only takes a few runs to learn the patterns
so 14 minutes?

Why would I bother doing multiple runs on a game with so little content? To play the tiny amount of levels again?
>>
>>336105064
>Nintendo game has references to old Nintendo game people actually liked

You dont say
>>
YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO ADAPT TO NEW CONTROLS.

IF THERE'S ALREADY A GOOD OR BETTER METHOD FOR CONTROL, THEY SHOULD'VE USED THAT.

GIMMICKS FOR THEIR OWN SAKE ARE BAD GAME DESIGN.

FUCK.
>>
>>336092952
Most reviewers started playing games yesterday so
>>
>>336106080
>GIMMICKS FOR THEIR OWN SAKE ARE BAD GAME DESIGN.
But it's not. It's because it's fun.
>>
>>336105328
This. Fucking this.
>>
SO HEY.
What advice could you bestow upon someone settling into Zero?

I seem to be hot on my way to getting wrecked in the walker whenever I use it.
Also, probably sounds stupid, but what should I be looking for as a sign that I ought to re-calibrate?
>>
>>336106690
When you feel your aiming is off
Duh
>>
File: sonic.png (34 KB, 172x166) Image search: [Google]
sonic.png
34 KB, 172x166
>>336105180

That's the bomb button because A is transform and b is one of the maneuvers (quick turn if I'm not mistaken). The L button what you hold to unlock charge shots (important for high scores). There is literally no way to fit all the controls on the face and shoulder buttons.
>>
File: homer4.png (193 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
homer4.png
193 KB, 500x375
>>336107715

This was meant for this post, I'm fucking retarded.

>>336104795
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.