[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Unsung Heroes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8
ITT: Unsung Heroes
>>
>>336078781
This is the hero Nintendo turned their backs on
>>
>>336079554
He joined Nintendo so he can make visions based on character drama and it turned out he had that gift and for smart gameplay mechanics

He's a genius
>>
Would you rather he replace Miyamoto's or Aonuma's position?
>>
>>336079976
Aonuma
>>
File: Ed.jpg (47 KB, 495x371) Image search: [Google]
Ed.jpg
47 KB, 495x371
>>336079976
Forgot to mention this
>Koizumi: Aonuma-san, wanna switch with me on Super Mario Bros. sometime?
>Aonuma: Hey, that sounds good… Not!
>Koizumi: I'll make the next Zelda game. Then you can enjoy playing it.
>Aonuma:No way. (firmly)
>Everyone:(laughs)

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/zelda-ocarina-of-time/1/7
>>
>>336079976
Miyamoto
He'd have more creative control across multiple series
>>
>>336080145
Aonuma and Miyamoto sound like hell to work with.
>>
So what does Japan think of him?
Is there a cult following for him as well?
>>
>>336080253
>YK: My first assignment was to do the art and layout and eventually the writing for the manual for The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past. What was funny was that at the time, it didn’t seem like they’d really figured out what most of the game elements meant. So it was up to me to come up with story and things while I was working on the manual. So, for example, the design of the goddesses as well as the star sign associated with them.
>YK: The situation is totally different now. There are so many people with so many different job titles. But back then, the people who wrote the manuals often became the people who came up with most of the backstory for the entire game. The first real game work that I did was on Link’s Awakening. But at the same time, I came in to write the manual, as I did on the previous game. But they had nothing in place. So I ended up making an entire story to go along with the game. The dream, the island, that was all mine. And so that was my first experience doing the kind of work that we would now call "event design." But there were not too many people at the time with expertise in that area, so I really had free reign to do what I wanted, so long as I didn’t make Miyamoto angry.

http://www.wired.com/2007/12/interview-super/
>>
>>336080686
the entire story of links awakening was done by him? wow
>>
>>336080686
I yet Aonuma and his puppet fucking ass gets handed Zelda
>>
>>336080985
>"I have an eight-year-old son myself at home, and quite recently he started playing The Phantom Hourglass for DS, because when the software first hit the market he was too young. When he started playing with the boat, I told him: 'In the next Zelda, you are going to be able to ride on the train.' He answered: 'OK, Dad, first boat, and then train? Surely next time, Link is going to fly in the sky ... '"
>Aonuma approaches games as he approached his puppets: as a craft. They are mechanical puzzles, designed to inspire wonder as they are understood and solved. "Surprise" is a word he keeps returning to. He loved the way that his dolls "surprised people", and what first drew him to Nintendo was his observation that they were "trying to surprise people with video games". His highest praise for Miyamoto is that, after 12 years, he "still comes up with ideas that really surprise me". Surprise, for Aonuma, means the wonder of discovery.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2009/nov/25/eiji-aonuma-legend-zelda-interview
>>
>>336080350
>Koizumi is pretty cool, I love Rosalina
>ROSALINA IS CUTE! CUTE!!

But seriously, Koizumi being the designated Mario producer/director is nothing short of a miracle too and attests to how good of a game designer he is. The big reason EAD Tokyo was allowed to developer Super Mario Galaxy was because Miyamoto was so impressed by Donkey Kong Jungle Beat.
>>
>>336078781
>>336079554
>>336079875
>>336079976
>>336080059
>>336080145
>>336080150
>>336080253
>>336080686
>>336080974
>>336080985
>it's Koizumi dicksucking thread
I'll always love this meme.
Keep worshipping the man that killed 3D Mario, first with Land and then with this. It's amusing.
>>
File: Yasuhara.jpg (15 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
Yasuhara.jpg
15 KB, 300x400
He's the reason Sonic was a success
>>
>>336081440
Nothing wrong with 3Dland/world, you act like he didn't give us something great with those games and Galaxy
>>
>>336081440
The idea of FUCKING MARIO ELITISTS is fucking great.

Also, Koizumi's hasn't directed a Mario game since Galaxy. The director for Galaxy 2 and 3D World was Koichi Hayashida. And both Galaxy 2 and 3D World are INCREDIBLY similar.

Oh, also Koizumi directed your precious Sunshine.
>>
>>336078781
has kimishima said anything or promoted him yet? Hopefully he gets more work and exposure since hes in charge.
>>
>>336081678
There was nothing good about 3DW aside from "it's fun with friends" which is true for almost everything.
It was a pathetic excuse for a flagship 3D Mario, and one of the biggest letdown of the WiiU's library.
>>
File: Eternal-Darkness-8-1024x768.jpg (96 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Eternal-Darkness-8-1024x768.jpg
96 KB, 1024x768
A toast to the people who managed to make Eternal Darkness good despite of Denis Dyack
>>
>>336081867
Mind explaining whats wrong with it then?
>>
>>336081826
He got promotoed to deputy general manager
http://gonintendo.com/stories/242656-ign-a-look-at-nintendo-s-internal-restructuring
>>
Koichi Hayashida is pretty underrated
>>
>>336081781
Koizumi is the producer of both games AND manager of the EAD stusio in charge of 3D Mario.
It had the same influence on those game as Aonuma had on the Zelda games he oversaw after TP.
>>
File: unsung.jpg (170 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
unsung.jpg
170 KB, 1000x600
>>
>>336082045
That's true, but if you blame something like Fi on Aonuma, you're being willfully ignorant.
>>
>>336081964
The focus on multiplayer made the game a worthless single player experience, resulting in lacking level design and shallow and slow gameplay, horrible art direction, recycled bosses, levels and assets out of the ass, lack of identity and of a theme to define the game, and even the levels within a single world, etc.
>>
>>336082327
>recycled bosses, levels and assets out of the ass

Sounds like EVERY FUCKING MARIO GAME.
>>
>>336081440
Eat a dick 64baby
>>
>>336081965
i have no idea what that title means, does it mean he might have a chance to work on more games?
>>
File: key-visual3.jpg (141 KB, 608x335) Image search: [Google]
key-visual3.jpg
141 KB, 608x335
The guy on the right (I think). Lead game designer on Resident Evil 4, Okami, Bayonetta, and Wonderful 101.
>>
>>336082587
>The deputy general manager is an executive position who's primary function is to learn the CEO's duties in case they ever have to fill in for the CEO. That is their primary responsibility, to be an emergency fill-in for the CEO, or the top position in any company. They spend the majority of their time assisting CEOs with what they do so that they may learn the position.
>Deputy General Managers preside over entire departments so they must possess great leadership abilities. They spend a lot of their time in a nice office but some of their time is also spent visiting different places of work that they oversee. They often give advice on how to improve the labor processes where they visit. Their work hours are normal business hours, Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 4 PM. They generally only report to the CEO so they are very near the top in the hierarchy of job position. In some instances deputy GMs serve as a project manager but they spend the majority of their time doing different tasks that the CEO usually does.

http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Deputy_General_Manager/Salary
>>
>>336082450
Sorry no Mario game went as far as recycling boss fights from a portable game (Boom Boom and Pom Pom from 3DL) and using both THREE TIMES in each game, with barely any difference.
>>
>>336082667
Hiroshi Shibata?

Shame his version of RE4 got scrapped.
>>
>>336082667
What are you talking about? Kamiya personally hand created all of Platinum's games.
>>
>>336082772
What was it?
>>
File: okufeel.jpg (51 KB, 169x408) Image search: [Google]
okufeel.jpg
51 KB, 169x408
>>336080686
>For example, I always liked the idea of you coming upon another character and hearing little bits of conversation that slowly begin to reveal different parts of the story.
>>
>>336082937
RE3.5. The Hookman/Fog build.

Really, all I want to know is how the story from Sugimura would have worked in whole, but we'll never know now BECAUSE HE'S FUCKING DEAD.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.