[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unpopular Opinions Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9
File: 1445658386320.gif (205 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1445658386320.gif
205 KB, 500x500
Lets share those words that would make /v/ livid

Undertale was one of the greatest games of 2015. Its story was great, humor was charming, and gameplay was fun
CS:GO is just as good as old CS, and one of the best FPS games right now. The people who hate it most likely play CoD
The singleplayer for the new Doom looks like shit and I actually think viral marketers are making it out to be good
There is no reason to own a console when PC does the same for cheaper
>>
i won't spoiler mine because i'm not a faggot

FEZ and The Witness are good games.
Uncharted 3 > 2 > 1 but they're all bad.
Traps are gay.
There are 0 good sonic games.
>>
>>336075431
>FEZ is good
>There are 0 good sonic games
Do you happen to work for Porygon?

Everything else is 100% correct tho
>>
>>336074968
>The singleplayer for the new Doom looks like shit and I actually think viral marketers are making it out to be good
>There is no reason to own a console when PC does the same for cheaper
/v/ wholeheartedly agrees with both of these statements
>>
File: o_o.gif (56 KB, 433x322) Image search: [Google]
o_o.gif
56 KB, 433x322
>>336074968

But all those things are true
>>
>>336075543
But their are tons of console users on /v/
Also, all of the Doom threads have been filled with praise for the game, saying it will save the FPS genre and how the haters are entitled manchildren
>>
STALKER: Clear Sky, despite being the DS2 of the series, is a good game if you don't try to compare it to anything else
>>
>>336074968
I agree with most of those except
>undertale gameplay is fun
>only fun parts of the game are pattern memorization and require forced grinding to get to

and

>the people who hate CS:GO most likely play CoD
>I play Quake, UT, and TA
>>
I don't think any of those are unpopular.
>>
>>336074968
1, 3, and 4 are pretty much universally agreed upon except for by shills, shitposters, and extreme newfags who weren't here before it got popular, when it was adored.

LISA would have gotten the same if it had become popular, but it's still niche so LISA threads are usually positive and low on shitposting.

>>336075639
Likewise with Uncharted 4. Paid shills come to /v/ and /pol/ constantly, and /co/ and /tv/ sometimes too.
>>
>>336074968
Nobody here is playing video games
>>
>>336075431
Fez is a good game, Phil Fish is a cunt
traps are as gay as tomboys
the original sonic games were good
>>
>>336075639
That's just false flagging, anon.
>>
>>336075543
>>336075639
nintendrones at least admit they only have the consoles for exclusives but sonyggers actually argue about fps and shit

xboners dont exist
>>
you are literally retarded if you dont game on pc
>>
Sticker Star is underrated. It's a terrible Paper Mario game, but looking at it on its own, it's really pretty good. People need to stop comparing it to its predecessors and appreciate it for what it is.

Regardless, I'm pissed that the new Paper Mario is looking like the same shit. I liked Sticker Star, but I loved the original two infinitely more. Fuck you Nintendo for giving us more of the good, at the expense of the great.
>>
Dragon's Dogma is fun, but highly overrated.

Dark Souls 2 was a good game and gets more shit than it deserves. From tried to do something heavily different and not all of it worked, but some of it did. It has the best magic in the series hands down.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Minecraft outside of the community. 1.9 is pretty ass but the core game is good and the breadth of mods is glorious.

Modded Skyrim is a very, very good game. Morrowind is not the best TES by a long shot.

>>336075704
DS2 is the same way, so that still applies.
>>
The souls series should've stayed on console
>>
File: 1446188924671.jpg (8 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
1446188924671.jpg
8 KB, 460x215
>>
>>336076389
>wanting any game to stay exclusive to any system(s)
why are you continuing to allow yourself to live?
>>
>>336076259
the magic in DS2 was OP as fuck
>>
>>336074968
>There is no reason to own a console when PC does the same for cheaper

but most of v are pcucks
>>
I liked borderlands 2.
The best biioshock is bioshock infinite.
My favorite console this gen is the wii u.
Super Mario sunshine is the best Mario game.
X and y are my favorite pokemon games.
I liked nuts and bolts.
Undertale was awful overrated garbage.
>>
I really enjoy retail WoW
>>
>>336077348
>game is still ok even with shit writing
>ehhhhh
>best exclusives so yeah that makes sense
>ehhhhh
>ehhhhh
>it would've been fine if they didn't shit all over the series and its fans in the beginning
>it's overrated as fuck but it wasn't awful
>>
>>336076069
fuck off miyamoto
can I get your autograph?
>>
>>336077142
As it should be. Magic requires a huge stat investment and is literally bending reality to your will.
>>
>>336077954
"I worked hard, I deserve to win against everyone who didn't make the same investments I did."
It should be balanced, faggot.
>>
>>336078146
It's balanced if you know how to fucking dodge.

Should it be possible to annihilate someone's health in one or two hits with spells? Absolutely.
>>
Fallout 3 had more immersion than fallout 4 or fallout nv. It was also a more complete game.

Dark Souls 2 is objectively better than Dark Souls 1.

SuperSmash Bros. Wii u and 3ds has a bunch of copy paste characters.
>>
>>336078256
>Just dodge :^)
>Forget about tracking spells, the fucked up hit frames, and the gmb :^)
>>
>>336078502
>tracking spells
Literally all the Souls games do this. Even a close range Homing Soulmass is easy to dodge.

>fucked up hit frames
This is true for literally everything in 2.

>GMB
In 1.
>>
>>336078695
tracking spells + hit frames in ds2 = unbalanced bullshit
gmb is still bullshit
>>
>>336078901
Literally git gud.
>>
Megaman Legends is a shit series.
>>
>>336078989
Shut the fuck up, this is a Dark Souls thread now.
>>
>>336078962
play a better designed game
>>
>>336078298
Okay, that is all objectively wrong, especially that last one
>>
>>336079864
>what is... bait for 500?
>>
I enjoy story focused games.
>>
>>336080316
wow how fucking dare you not enjoy grinding for hours at shallow, repetitive mechanics
>>
>>336080247
>saying NV isn't immersive, DS2 is the best Souls game, and Smash has too many clones
>not bait
>>
Monster Hunter is a legitimately boring as shit series. The Hunting genre is already borderline skinnerbox bullshit to begin with but the farther a game strays from Monster Hunter's ideas the better. The gameplay is as slow paced as you could possible create and getting to the gameplay is tedious as shit. While iconic the monsters also haven't had good designs in years.

I'm fully convinced the people super into Monhun have some fucked up Stockholme syndrome going on because every time someone goes super defensive they admit they have some 2000 hours in one game despite the fact the SAME GAME will be released a year later for another shitty Nintendo console.

You speed up the combat three fold, have an array of monsters and play styles that actually back up the fact the only thing in the game you fucking do is fight bosses, and make the entire process a lot more smoother getting to that core gameplay and maybe you've got a decent enough game where I wouldn't call you autistic for sinking in several hundred hours.
>>
>>336080563
thats what I said, retard
>>
>>336080681
monster hunter, whats that about?
>>
>>336080563
>>336079864
>Dark Pit
>all the Fire Emblem characters
>especially Lucina who could literally be a costume for Marth
>>
>>336081083
>m-muh fiyre emblerm
Oh yeah, but all the Pokemon reps are a-okay!
>>
I post in unpopular opinions threads so I can post my uneducated shit-tier opinions without having to defend them, while still pretending I'm an independant critical thinker.
>>
Fighting games are dope
>>
File: atmoshp.png (306 KB, 534x583) Image search: [Google]
atmoshp.png
306 KB, 534x583
>>336078298
>>
It's not good to become stronger for doing well in a game and weaker for doing badly, because that just makes strong players stronger and weak players weaker and making a game fun is largely about having it so that if the player puts in real skill and effort at any point they can succeed, but the player can't succeed so well that they'll eventually just be winning without effort.

So being stronger for being on a killstreak, or being able to make the enemy weaker by destroying something makes it so that even in the first few minutes of a 30-minute round of a game the winner will often be clear, since as soon as one team is more powerful, not only is that team probably slightly more skilled, that team also has an advantage on top of that which is going to get bigger as time goes on.
>>
PM:TTYD is extremely boring and way too easy. Super Paper Mario is better.

Dark Souls is a PVP game, not a singleplayer game. The bosses are just there to give you new gear or to farm souls so you can PVP better.

Monster Hunter is a horrible series that I'll never understand why people like it.

Mass Effect series is the best shooter RPG ever made.

Fallout NV is an awful game. It feels less like a post apocalyptic game and more like you're just walking through nevada with giant scorpions. I never felt like I was playing a fallout game during it.

Dragons dogma is boring as fuck unless you play as a sorcerer and abuse tornados and meteors.

Fighting games are objectively the worst genre out there. Overcomplicated controls, tons of memorization, tiers, combos, and needing to dedicate hundreds of hours just to get into the bare minimum of the game is not fun at all.

Doom is a shit game and series. It was never fun and never will be, it's just praised because of how original it was at the time.

Mobas are extremely fun and have a high skill ceiling while being relatively easy to get into.
>>
File: im a stupid baby.png (255 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
im a stupid baby.png
255 KB, 500x375
>>336081642
>>
>>336081642
b a i t
a
i
t
>>
File: 1461154457025.jpg (12 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1461154457025.jpg
12 KB, 184x184
DmC: Devil May Cry is a fantastic action game and is in some ways superior to games like Metal Gear Rising which people adore.
Star Fox Adventures is a good game and is better than Star Fox 64.
Final Fantasy XIII is great and one of the better FF games.
Nier is the closest to perfect a video game has ever been.
Square Enix is the best existing video game company.
A video game with furry characters is more interesting and enjoyable than one that does not have such characters.
Zelda games and Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix should be the games that melee oriented games should strive to be like combat wise, as they offer better melee combat than any other video games that currently exist.
Skyward Sword was a fantastic Zelda game and A Link to the Past is a mediocre Zelda game.
Metal Gear Solid IV is the best MGS game.
Wanting lolis in video games does not make someone a pedophile.
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games are just as good as some of the highest regarded JRPGs out there, well worth being comparable to games like Final Fantasy VII and Xenoblade Chronicles.
>>
>>336081642
monster hunter, whats that about?
>>
>>336082049
I've finished XIII 2 times already and I still haven't seen the appeal of it. The characters and story sucks and the gameplay is worse than most final fantasy games. What do you like about it?
>>
>>336074968
I still like Blizzard games
>>
>>336081642
to paraphrase someone "fallout is post-post-apocalyptic" it's about the moral questions of a rebuilding world
>>
Star Citizen is a scam by its very definition.
Evolve is a good game that "failed" because of misinformation.
Vanilla WoW is inferior to modern WoW in everything but age.
Amnesia: a Machine for Pigs is the scariest game in the Amnesia lineup.
The Witcher 3 had too much content for a game that was supposed to put an end to the trilogy.
Antichamber is one of the most innovative games created in the last decade.
Sleeping Dogs does GTA better than GTA
>>
Aside from a few things Dark Souls 3 is barely on par with 2. At least 2 actually tried to do something different rather than just jerk off over Dark Souls 1. I still don't understand the hypocrisy of everyone who bitches about Dark Souls 2 having too many 'guy in armour with oversized weapons' when that is almost the only boss type in all of Dark Souls 3.

I still enjoyed Dark Souls 2 and 3 very much but the circlejerking over 3 when it is an endless rehash and absolutely derivative of 1 is just insane.
>>
>>336082049
Those first 3 are fucking abysmal and 6 makes me think you are either bating or a furfag
>>
File: 292120_20160402152204_1.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
292120_20160402152204_1.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>336082221
The thing I like most about it is the gameplay, actually. Needing to keep your character alive specifically can make things more tense in some cases. It can make the game easier or harder, but when its harder as a result that's kind of cool. I like how units constantly move around the battlefield rather than staying still, as it makes timing a bit more important in battles. When you attack can determine whether you hit or miss your enemies as well as how many enemies you hit. It can determine if you even hurt your allies if you're doing something like throwing a grenade, I believe. I like that timing emphasis, and figuring out what paradigms to switch to when feels very rewarding for me.
I also like Hamauzu's soundtrack. Tracks like these in particular are my favorites:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLbULEiuFgo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1VCYzCucl8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8hAVJFqzIw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuN5S-6J3r4
There are other things like about it. Even the characters, for various reasons, but those are the most appealing points for me.
>>336082726
It would be the latter, not the former. OP did ask for unpopular opinions.
>>
>>336082680
>Evolve is a good game
I actually agree with you anon. I just wish the game didn't take so long in between matches to start a new match.
>>
>>336082726
>calls someone out for an unpopular opinion in an unpopular opinions thread

whoa
>>
>>336082874
Damn I forgot how godly the soundtrack was. But still don't know about the gameplay tho, it just felt off for me overall.
>>
>>336083140
Well I still have the right to call his opinions shit,
there is a difference between saying something is good and putting it on the same level as amazing games

also he is a fucking furry
>>
I don't understand how /v/ praises VNs but hate games like gone home.
Peace Walker is the best MGS game
I am the only person on this board that wants to buy an Xbone
>>
>>336083443
How is being a furry affect his opinions in any way?
>>
File: scalebound.jpg (240 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
scalebound.jpg
240 KB, 1200x630
>>336083631
I'm sure there's someone out there that wants an Xbone.
It has Scalebound coming up, after all.
>>336083752
>>336083443
Let it go. Its fine to call someone out on shit taste in these threads. Its partly the point of these threads. To see what sort of shit people like that goes against the norm of this board.
>>
>>336082680
>The Witcher 3 had too much content for a game that was supposed to put an end to the trilogy.

Story dragged on far longer than it should have, could have finished at Kaer Morhen and would have been fine. As for content, I guess there's a continuity thing with the expansions, but I guess they can wave it off by saying Geralt did them after the main story.
>>
>>336075749
> pretty much universally agreed upon except for by shills, shitposters, and extreme newfags who weren't here before it got popular, when it was adored.
Only retards believe this.
>>
>>336083631
Gone Home gets shit on because of the poor story and hour to dollar ratio. I mean, it's not necessarily a bad GAME, but the creators put a lot of effort into making you care about a lesbian romance that ended with two terrible people running away to Mexico.
>>
>>336081283
There is far more variety among the Pokemon characters.

If Pokemon was like FE then you'd have Pichu, Pikachu, Blue Pikachu, Hat Pikachu, and Raichu all as characters with Electabuzz as DLC.
>>
>>336084797
Go take a peek through the archives around October or so.
>>
>>336084063
>>336083631
I have an Xbone and a decent PC. I may not have Bloodborne but I don't have to deal with the shame of being a Sonygger.
>>
There is literally nothing wrong with owning a ps4.
>>
>>336085443
There is if you already own an alright PC
>>
>>336085504
What if he wants to play Bloodborne?
>>
File: 1460424311266.jpg (548 KB, 700x998) Image search: [Google]
1460424311266.jpg
548 KB, 700x998
>>336083443
>also he is a fucking furry
>>

>>
>>336082049
>Nier is the closest to perfect a video game has ever been.
How can anyone even think this
>>
I literally could not care any less about the Souls games and I wish people would fucking shut up already about them
>>
>>336087383
He should develop some taste.
>>
>>336087812
I think that mask would soften the blow significantly
>>
But all those opinions are correct OP
>>
Modern WoW is fine, it just has a different appeal than vanilla WoW.
Demon's Souls is the worst Souls game, still great though.
Trying to appeal to different demographics than the core gamers who've always been into it is a good thing.
Gameplay doesn't have to be the most important part of a game.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.