[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which witcher had the best plotline and why was it the first witcher?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: 664-1-1383318713.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
664-1-1383318713.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
Which witcher had the best plotline and why was it the first witcher?
>>
How could anyone make it more than ten minutes in this shit, the combat is atrocious
>>
best plotline = tw2, even if its messy and you have to play it twice to undertant every thing.
best atmosphere = tw1
>>
I liked the combat.
>>
>>336067285
>>336067862
Gonna try playing it again. What difficulty should I set it at? Easy to breeze through the bad combat, or hard to make the combat interesting?
>>
>>336067862
I always thought of it as a slightly-interactive visual book
>>
The Witcher 3 has side quests with better plotlines than The Witcher 1.
>>
Thinking of buying Witcher 3.
Everybody seems to like it, but I've rarely seen arguments why. I thought it's the Story then, but you say first one was better.
Can someone please tell me what are some of you most beloved features?
>>
>>336068204
Hard made me get into it. Once you get the rhythm combat down, which only takes a few minutes. In hard, you have a lot of prep work to do which I liked a lot since it made Geralt feel like how a witcher is as described instead of someone who can just breeze through everything.
>>
>>336067285
I dunno if it's because I was younger when I played it but I preferred the original to 2 and 3.

Between 2 and 3 is kind of a toss-up but I think I liked 2 better. 3 just left a horrible taste in my mouth and I couldn't even get past Skellige
>>
>>336068204
Get that combat rebalance mod.
>>
>>336068579
>I preferred the original

probably because you actually play a reviled mutant witcher in a shitty situation instead of a supermodel with white hair and a beard
>>
>>336067862
i never understood the game either, just seemed way to bland, so i could'nt get all the way through, even though i really wanted to like it.

My friend told me i did like 2/3 of the game though, but the things other people highlight just didn't bite with me.
>>
>>336068783
The weirdest part is that I generally view "oldschool" "hardcore" "actual role-playing" games with disdain, but found The Witcher refreshing. The sequels...not so much.
>>
If I haven't gotten into Witcher 1's plot by the beginning of Chapter 3, is it a lost cause or should I keep playing?
>>
>>336067285
>A terrorist and a geek boy stole my magic mushrooms so I'm gonna hunt him down for the entire game
Witcher 2 and 3 had worse plotlines?
>>
Heart of Stone
>>
Just a few hours ago I finished the main story of The Witcher 3. It's funny how CDPR has been in the business for bit over a decade and they push out a better product than the supposed RPG giants like Bioware, Bethesda etc.
>>
>>336069683
>>>A terrorist and a geek boy stole my magic mushrooms so I'm gonna hunt him down for the entire game

The entire point was to make more witchers for the Order of the Flaming Rose to use.

Alvin > Ciri
>>
>>336067862
The combat is still atrocious in 2 and 3. But this one has a good story actually.
>>
>>336070701
It really shows what happens when you give these people time to work on their games. I'm so fucking tired of company's shitting out games lately
>>
>>336067285
Its by far the best of the 3 for me. It has one of the most underrated endings of all times.
>>
>1
>good story

>dude muh witcher potions even though we're not gonna make anymore witcher dude
>dude salamandra dude
>dude waxing poetically about how humans are the REAL monsters dude
>dude my swamp dude
>dude lmao drowners dude lmao

Fuck off with this revisionist meme shit. No one gave a single half-fuck about The Witcher before the second game.
>>
>>336067285
>souls series has a terrible plotline
"Lol no one plays games for story, go read a book (advocating fiction), only gameplay matters" - entire board

>see this thread
Pathetic
>>
>>336071250
>>dude muh witcher potions even though we're not gonna make anymore witcher dude

They had to get the shit back less for them to use themselves and more to make sure nobody else could use it
>>
>>336067862
The combat can be completely trivialized by stacking sign damage and just spamming the fire spell. After a couple levels, two casts of it will kill basically anything other than bosses, who will still die quickly to it.
>>
>>336071513
Who gives a shit if everyone uses it? 3 out of 10 don't survive the trial of the grasses, fuck em
>>
>>336071250
if nobody gave a fuck they wouldn't have made more games.
>>
>>336071652
I meant 7 out of 10 don't survive the trial.

Also

>dude that sword is for monsters dude
>BUT MAN IS THE MONSTER DUDE LMAO
>>
File: geralt and PLOTKA.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
geralt and PLOTKA.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>
File: todd umaru.png (187 KB, 317x389) Image search: [Google]
todd umaru.png
187 KB, 317x389
onii-chan, why play an inferior gameu?
>>
Because it's just about being a witcher doin witcher stuff, 2 was some political shit and 3 was all about muh daughter
>>
>>336071423
If a game utilizes a story it needs to be a good one.
>>
>>336071745
Given how effective witchers can be and so many people being discarded by their respective societies, it wouldn't be hard to make a small unit of witchers to use for specialty ops

they can also possibly be used as a bulwark against the lodge.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.