[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been watching my best friends girlfriend play Das3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: Das2bullshit.jpg (135 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Das2bullshit.jpg
135 KB, 1280x720
I've been watching my best friends girlfriend play Das3 since it came out and it looks genuinely great. I myself however am behind stuck playing das2 and shit like this is making me lose all respect for the game. Really, I wanted to love this game despite all the hate i've heard about it over the years but so far I think this game deserves every bit of hate it gets, it really is a steaming pile of shit.

I'm about one bullshit puzzle and only a few more instances of death by unresponsive controls before I quit this game forever and move on to Das3, which looks like a much better quality game.
>>
Just skip DS2, the only thing you need to take away from it is that there's a cycle of linking the fire.

Everything else doesn't matter.
>>
>>336061476
>stuck playing das2
Skip it, it's rubbish.
>>
the metal probably had oil or some shit on it. If you hate it so badly just skip it you dork.
>>
>>336061757
Did you know I spent 2 whole days trying to figure out how to drain the poison out of the boss room? I figured out you could drain the poison, there is an npc that hints at it hard and I spent 2 whole days trying to figure it out. I knew the windmill was key, I threw fire bombs at it, hell I even stood at the bottom with a lit torch, the first time in the game i've used torches by the way.

Are they serious about having to light the metal part of the windmill on fire in the single most retarded spot to stand, really? waste of my time playing this game. I just killed smelter demon and i'm still so mad at that stupid puzzle that I quit the game to take a break, i seriously might not come back to play it.
>>
>>336061996
I think that was the only puzzle that's absurdly unintuitive, however you might as well quit now. All the bosses and areas in DS2 suck and people say that the DLC redeem the game, but if you have to play through 30 hours of pure shit then it's not worth it.

The DLC barely add anything to the story as well
>>
You literally don't have to play DS2.
I played it and I stopped during the giant memories because I couldn't bother. I don't feel like I've missed a thing and I finished DS3 a couple of hours ago.

DS2 wasn't even directed by the guy who made all the other Souls games, so don't feel bad about skipping it.
>>
I wasn't one of those people who relentlessly shat on DaS2 at the mere mention of it but, I went back to it after playing through DaS3 twice and fuck me it's such a drop in quality.

DaS - 8/10
DaS2 - 6/10
DaS3 - 7.5/10
>>
>>336061880
>>336061757
>Dark Souls 2 is shit!
Love this meme

>Greater weapon variety
>Greater armor variety
>Greater environment variety
>More diverse Covenants with better rewards
>Can invade players who are human or hollow
>Left-handed movesets

People will always hate on it because of SM and the less-than-ideal level design, but DaS2 did plenty of things right and in some ways is better than DaS3.
>>
>>336062185
>I think that was the only puzzle that's absurdly unintuitive

That's good to know
>>
>>336062402
>Everything but the boss battles and level design
And those two are the only things that really matter
>>
File: 1401061135742.png (945 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1401061135742.png
945 KB, 1000x1000
>>336062576
>And those two are the only things that really matter
Says you.

I had a whole lot more fun being a bellfag than with DaS3's awful gankzone covenants.
>>
>>336062402
>all these people are meming

Dark Souls 2 hatred being a meme is a meme. Just accept you have shit taste.
>>
>>336061476
>it really is a steaming pile of shit.
I almost forgot people like to overreact on /v/
>>
>>336062829
>Just accept you have shit taste.
I have shit taste for recognizing that DaS2 is a good game with its share of flaws, just like DeS, DaS and DaS3?

Ok.
>>
File: 1457903982107.jpg (368 KB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
1457903982107.jpg
368 KB, 3000x3000
>>336062402

>less-than-ideal level design

Made me kek, it's less-than-ideal like getting shot in the head is.
>>
You can defeat the boss without doing that.
>>
File: 1425244410012.png (357 KB, 564x370) Image search: [Google]
1425244410012.png
357 KB, 564x370
>DaS2 babbies will never EVER stop being asspained
>>
>>336062402
There will be no valid responses to this post
>>
>>336062284
You are literally an hour away from the end, go and finish it..
>>
File: capture.jpg (24 KB, 544x203) Image search: [Google]
capture.jpg
24 KB, 544x203
This, I can't believe people are shitting on a perfectly good game.
If you skip it now, you're never going back. The only valid reason to skip it would be to experience the online of DaS3 while it's still new to most people.
>>
>people still defend dark souls 2
>in 2016
hahhahaha, wooooow
>>
>>336061476
Are you playing scholar? it's better than the current state of DaS 3
>>
>>336066001
I was gonna buy scholar on steam soon as I finish the ps3 version of das2. I'm not having a very enjoyable time with the game though so now i'm having second thoughts on playing it any further at this point.
>>
>>336065893
Go to bed, Chris
>>
>>336062402
I agree with this man.
>>
>>336066001
Scholar only made some areas easier and others a fucking pain in the ass, while also moving a couple item locations and adding a shitload of petrified nigs blocking paths.
It still looks like shit too.
The only thing it really adds is some extra dialogue and a boss fight.
>>
>>336061476
DS2 was a fucking chore to play man. Just skip it, there's maybe 2 interesting fights and the rest is all garbage with extremely tedious fucking areas. Move on to 3 and BB, and if you haven't played 1, it's better than 2 but there's still a whole lot of bullshit there too.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.