[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
One of the best fucking games ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: ghost trick box.jpg (269 KB, 640x577) Image search: [Google]
ghost trick box.jpg
269 KB, 640x577
I just beat Ghost Trick after hearing you fuckers rave about it non-stop for years now.

and HOLY FUCK that was a wild ride. People told me the story was good but I did not expected to be slapped in the face by the twists as many times as I did.

I was spoiled on the main twist but surprisingly that hardly had a bearing on my enjoyment. There's so much to the story besides that and not like Persona 4 where just knowing the killer ruins the entire plot.

One thing I've never seen anyone talk about the game is the amazing direction. I like the spotlight effects to highlight important objects or people, I love the moment where the screen pans down from the moon to Cabanela holding a gun to Jowd, things like that. It's clear this game was a work of passion.

I looked up what the game's writer/director is up to now and it seems like he's still doing Ace Attorney. Honestly I think that series is getting kind of bloated now. It would be great if he did more new IPs but I guess Capcom won't let him since only Ace Attorney still sells.

What does /v/ think?
>>
sometimes we aint wrong about good games

there's a reason this game is in roughly 60% of 3x3s posted
>>
>>336057228
But you guys said phoenix wrights were good games
>>
>>336057228
I've never participated in 3x3 threads but I get now that they're a pretty good source of finding good games and hidden gems. I should probably make a 3x3, Ghost Trick is definitely getting a psot on it.
>>
>>336057020
Not reading anything in this thread and leaving now but I have this gaming sitting in my room. I have yet to play it. Picked it up because I heard it was good. Guess I'll find out eventually.
>>
>>336059360
>eventually
It's undoubtedly a best use of your time than browsing /v/, I can ascertain that
>>
File: Evil_Yomiel.gif (6 KB, 128x192) Image search: [Google]
Evil_Yomiel.gif
6 KB, 128x192
What was the best chapter/moment?

For me it was probably Chapter 15

>fresh out of many plot revelations at Justice Minister's office
>suddenly a call from Cabanela, he's the bad guy
>enter Superintendent's Room
>the first thing you see is "yourself" what the fuck is going on
>you see this face
>Cabanela is dead holy shit
>rewind to save him
>"I see you. Do you think you can stop me?"
>>
It was really the perfect handheld package. Solid length, fun and with a well written plot. The only reason someone would dislike this game is due to their tastes not because any part of it is a fundamental failure.
>>
>>336060968
For some reason I really remember that one part at the restaurant. Dunno why, I should replay this sometime soon.
>>
Thread theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kwKogno3dk
>>
>Because that's what doggies do!
Cried bitch tiers, straight up. And I loved how they redeemed Yomiel. He wasn't innocent, but he was clearly a victim of circumstance.
>>336060968
>>"I see you. Do you think you can stop me?"
Shit spooked me bad.
>>
Post best music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDfSiVk24QA
>>
>>336057020
>I looked up what the game's writer/director is up to now and it seems like he's still doing Ace Attorney. Honestly I think that series is getting kind of bloated now. It would be great if he did more new IPs but I guess Capcom won't let him since only Ace Attorney still sells.

He did AA 1,2,3, AAxLayton and DGS. I don't think he did AA5 and 6 or AAI 1,2. I personally don't think AA is getting that bloated. The games are spaced far apart release wise and I've found the ones I've played enjoyable so far.

I've always kinda hoped they'd do a Ghost Trick x AA cross over some day but GT was wrapped up so nicely I don't want it to be sullied. Still, with the supernatural medium stuff in AA there's some common ground there that could make for some interesting game play.
>>
Ghost Trick is literally, LITERALLY the only game /v/ unanimously agrees is a 10/10 game. It used to be Deus ex, but neo-/v/ managed to be contrarian about it. This though, I've never seen anyone complain about it. Some people that just flat out dislike VNs refuse to play it, but even they seem to respect it enough to not shitpost the threads up.
>>
>>336061790
>DGS
Is this any good? I've heard people say that it's really subpar.
>>
Can I emulate this well?
>>
>>336061846
>people calling Ghost Trick a VN

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

No this shit makes me really mad. Ghost Trick has more than plenty of gameplay.

Just because something is text-heavy doesn't make it a VN. Might as well call Planescape Torment or Monkey Island a VN too while you're at it.
>>
>>336061846
I've only ever seen one negative opinion about Ghost Trick and the guy wasn't shitting on it or anything, just saying that it was only okay to him and he didn't agree with the hype. That is literally the worst I've heard.
>>
>>336061790
I don't think GT needs a direct sequel or anything but a continuation of the series would be nice. Maybe be a Phantom _______ that would fit into the game play. Phantom Hitchhiker, Thespian, Mercenary, Thief, Vigilante etc. would all be a cool direction I think. New cast, new twists, some Easter egg callbacks and we'd have another great game.
>>
>>336061992
It is quite awkward to play it with a mouse, but sure, I guess

Should mention though that DSs are pretty fucking cheap and you just need any knockoff brand of flashcard to play the entire library, including most AAs and other great games such as Hotel Dusk
>>
>>336062019
People probably do call Planescape Torment a VN
>>
>>336062019
Nobody is calling it a VN you dumb frogposter. I just said that people that dislike VNs refuse to play it, and it's true.

The puzzle elements are hardly the main attraction in this kind of games anyway.
>>
>>336062091
I can see this. Same basic gameplay, but new puzzles and characters. The problem would be a way to expand said gameplay so it doesn't feel like a rehash. But I don't think people will mind a straight gameplay rehash if everything else is new.
>>
>>336061992
I emulated it in its entirety when it came out not one issue and it plays fine with a mouse.
>>
It is literally casual mobile tier garbage. /v/ only likes it because it is Japanese. I guarantee you if an American indie game company made this same game for mobile phones or Steam literally no one would give a shit about it and it would probably be called SJW and Tumblr. But le based nips made it so it is epic 10/10
>>
>>336062270
Right? Sadly I think it's a dead IP now... maybe we can kick start this back to life by showing the creator some support on social media.
>>
Happy Birthday!
>>
>>336062467
I won't say it's dead, since it was clearly meant to be a one off. Aside from maybe 1 or 2 small plot points, everything else was tied up and done by the end.
>>
>>336062467
I'm pretty sure Shu Takumi is well aware GT is his magnus opus, and so is everyone. It's a shame it came out during Capcom's most retarded hour, the only thing they see are the game's stupid low sales so they'll never let him work on anything that isn't the AA series ever again.
>>
>>336057937
They are. Expecially the first 3 games
>>
>>336062457
It's a good game, if it was released on a mobile platform it would still be a good game. If it was released by a western dev it would still be a good game. Ah but you mentioned both SJW and Tumblr in your post while appealing to the non-existent /v/ hivemind so I probably shouldn't have wasted my time giving your shitpost this (you)
>>
>>336062545
Where did a little girl even find the instructions to build that thing? In anycase, the first time that showed up it was when I realized how well the mechanics of the game were done.

>>336062747
It did get a mobile release, and it's still a good game.
>>
>>336062457
Why do you have to shit up a Ghost Trick thread man. It's clear you're baiting for (You)s because of how many meems you fit into one post

>casual
>only likes it because Japanese
>indie
>mobile
>SJW
>Tumblr
>>
>>336062091
I can think of sequel where you solve problem of those spies and their weird shit. After are, they are still free.
>>
>>336061385
Because it's the first time you do a rewind inside a rewind maybe.
>>
This game had such a goddamn satisfying ending. These days I find most endings leave me wanting more or leave to many things untied because they want to bait out a sequel but GT ended perfectly.
>>
>>336063162
>Everybody are happy and alive.
>Nobody is alone.
>You are fucking immortal cat that can rewind time and save people if any shit will happen.

Yep, life is good.
>>
>>336057020
>tfw started this today
>gonna finish it tomorrow
>>
>>336063669
You're playing it over the course of the night?
If so godspeed
>>
How come no ones mentioned the ost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxzU3wRZxcM
>>
>>336063517
>Apocalypse happens
>Immortal cat will now spend eternity alone
>>
>>336063669
this isn't the VN people expect it to be. you actually have to solve puzzles and shit. it gets really tricky near the end. like... GHOST tricky
>>
Heavy final chapter spoilers:

How does the final chapter work, exactly? During the whole game, when you go back in time you appear where the corpse was. Why don't you appear in the ocean in this case? I understand why the 1-day limit could be bypassed, but this doesn't change the fact that the corpse was in the submarine, in the ocean, when you went back in time.

There's also something with Rindge's rescue segment, it seems the location of the corpse is relative to some arbitrary object. In most cases, it's the ground, but for him it was the bus. That's why you start the segment inside the bus even if it's not embedded inside the restaurant.

Going back to the submarine situation, if Yomiel's corpse "latched" to the submarine, it might explain it. The S-Yonoa didn't exist 10 years prior, so the ghost magic fell back to the previous valid "object" the corpse latched to - the ground at the park.

I'd like to hear opinions about this - is the latching theory a good one, or is it simply [spoilers]"ye gods" giving Sissel a hand?[/spoilers]
>>
File: Missile.png (182 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
Missile.png
182 KB, 1600x1600
Feels like every time a thread like this pops up it's the exact same.
>>
>>336064385
It was that probably meteor recorded HIS place of death in that place. Kind of different rules about bodies like that, probably.
>>
>>336064469
Worth it for Missile pics
>>
>>336064469
Well the game is old as balls now and the plots been discussed to death. It's mainly fan wanking and art sharing these days. More Missile plz
>>
>>336063831
People are still triggered by the prison. I thought it was dull and annoying, sure, but I had more trouble with the bullet/hardhat/beanie switch.
>>
>>336064723
The prison guards were great though
>>
File: what a thrill.png (164 KB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
what a thrill.png
164 KB, 384x288
>>336064469
>>
>>336065620
>That filename
I like you
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.