[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Even though japan has terrible taste, why do they almost always
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: JPN US BOXART-min.png (3 MB, 3664x4264) Image search: [Google]
JPN US BOXART-min.png
3 MB, 3664x4264
Even though japan has terrible taste, why do they almost always have better box art than us?
>>
Personally, I would like to taste a jap myself.
>>
Why are you using fan-made covers for Sonic 3?
>>
>>336043518

Because both go to show that almost everyone in US seems to have shitty taste.
>>
>>336043194

But those Jap covers are awful?
>>
>>336044553

Yeah, but the U.S covers are worse.
>>
what the fuck are sonic and knuckles even doing
>>
File: RE4Box.png (791 KB, 1057x547) Image search: [Google]
RE4Box.png
791 KB, 1057x547
>Europe

My dick my dick MY FUCKING DICK.
>>
Cuz their filthy japs that work on rice fields
>>
They have different target markets. Cutesy and surreal has massive appeal in Japan, and it's the opposite in the west and so on.
>>
>>336045610
irish angry dancing competition
>>
It's not so much that Japan is better but USA is worse.
Japan is the original box art (which Europe just translates most of the time.)
It's only the American versions that they fuck with because Americans are factually retarded and need dumbed down art with faces all over it and edginess to appeal to them.
>>
>>336043428
This.

Also Sonic box art is so fucking 90s. I love it.

Somebody post those European Megaman covers.
>>
>>336043194
>using fan-made garbage for Sonic 3 like a fucking dumbass
Let's compare the ACTUAL cover-art. The Japanese cover has better-looking characters and a clusterfuck of lines and geometric shapes in the background that don't explain shit about the context of any point in the game, or even anything about the game at all.

The American cover has shitty, hideous characters and a very well-drawn background depicting Angel Island that demonstrates the events of the first level in the game with help of the way Knuckles and Eggman are presented.

Both covers have good and bad points, and they're pretty equal.
>>
>>336049789
>that don't explain shit about the context of any point in the game, or even anything about the game at all.
so?
>>
File: Sonic3-box-us-225.jpg (48 KB, 225x314) Image search: [Google]
Sonic3-box-us-225.jpg
48 KB, 225x314
What's so bad here? I think it looks pretty good.

>3 fingers because Sonic 3
>Sonic's "I'm so cool" expression
>Tails behind him, flying, because you can control his flying in this one
>A burning Angel Island in the background
>Knuckles hiding because we barely know anything about him at this point
>>
>>336050203
I'm saying that the background, which is a huge part of the cover art, is unbelievably better in the US version.
>>
>>336045685

You should see the Wii Edition.
>>
>>336050592
Holy shit I never knew those were Knuckle's eyes in the bushes. Jesus it's been 22 years and it just finally clicked.
>>
File: 1461957536119.jpg (309 KB, 1500x578) Image search: [Google]
1461957536119.jpg
309 KB, 1500x578
Obligatory
>>
>>336052980
totally augmented
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.