[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who should I play as?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (113 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
113 KB, 1280x720
Who should I play as?
>>
>>336021189

Start as the boy, 100% it with the girl.
>>
>>336021189
You just want a Sayaka dump OP
>>
File: 1400316479840.png (105 KB, 304x390) Image search: [Google]
1400316479840.png
105 KB, 304x390
>>336021680
I know i do
>>
I wished there was a fourth game with all the 4 kids
>>
>>336021810

Ape Escape 4ever?
>>
>>336022096
I just hope that if they made it, they wont make it the last and instead bring back the platforming to the series and stop the spin off bullshit
>>
Sayaka is 2cute
Guy has dumb hair
You decide
>>
>>336022250
>Not liking the boys as much as the girl
>>
>>336021810
Didn't SaruSaru Big Mission have all of them or am I misremembering that
>>
>>336022378
It did but it wasnt released outside of japan, i wish there were more games like that, i mean yeah its called "APE escape" but the kids are fun characters, specially considering how Spike is like the main kid
>>
>>336022495
Is it easy to play without needing to know Japanese?
>>
>>336022643
I dont know, all i know about the game is that Spike and his friends get shrinken and they are inside an helmet of a monkey or something
>>
>>336021680
>nip name is Sayaka
>they change it to the equally nip name Yumi for the US release

why
>>
>>336023662
I thought that was weird too
>>
>>336023662
America is retarded.
>>
I remember the second game was basically a Pokemon reunion with most of the voice actors being from 4Kids
>>
>>336021189
Yumi
>that cyber yumi
>was my waifu as a kid before i even knew that emotion
>>
>Spike's hair is red and yellow, resembling fire
>Jimmy's is brown, resembling earth
>Kei's is blue, resembling water
>Yumi's could resemble wind

Woah
>>
>>336024691
Also, you know how Mega Man features a scientist creating a kid that ends up being a hero? What if that happened with AE but instead of a robot, they're actually human clones born in a lab?
>>
>>336023662
Because Ape Escape is a game for children and "Yumi" follows the basic phonetic rules of English.
>>
Aside from Yumi, which kid would you?
>>
Always the shota.
>>
>>336026345

I wouldn't any other kid, but I would that hot piece of MILF ass in ape escape 3.
>>
This ook game is not fun
>>
>>336026652
I wish they had more art
>>
>>336024018

>cyber ace

That shit was a fucking pain in the ass to play as. It was so hard to not accidentally send yourself flying off an edge with the air dash. The other issue is that a lot of the abilities felt useless, such as the Kung Fu Dragon one or the Fantasy Knight.
>>
Post Yumis
>>
>>336028084
This, gestapo mods usually leave it alone
>>
>>336028084
No fuck off. We can never have a AE thread because of you fags.
>>
>>336029797
Thread's already dead mate. There's nothing to talk about except Yumi
>>
>>336030880
What if you like the shota's too?
>>
I liked how the storyline of the games just got gradually more ridiculous with each installment. I wish there could have been an Ape Escape 4 just to see how they'd top the 'brainwash everyone with shit TV shows and chop the Earth in half with a giant hand while they're distracted' plot.
>>
>>336031270
Sony seems to think this series is better off as minigames titles featuring only the monkeys instead of platformers with characters like Spike and the professor.

If the series kept its platforming formula, then Spike could have been next to Jak, Ratchet and Sly as a PS platforming hero.
>>
File: yomi.jpg (94 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
yomi.jpg
94 KB, 640x640
Posting Yumi
>>
File: ape-escape-3.png (428 KB, 638x470) Image search: [Google]
ape-escape-3.png
428 KB, 638x470
>>336031503
>If the series kept its platforming formula, then Spike could have been next to Jak, Ratchet and Sly as a PS platforming hero.
>tfw PAL versions of AE3 had a Ratchet monkey
>>
File: Piposaru_Ratchet.png (163 KB, 323x336) Image search: [Google]
Piposaru_Ratchet.png
163 KB, 323x336
>>336031782
also playable monkey skin in JPN R&C3 and all HD-releases
>>
>>336031782
That's awesome
>>
>>336031782
I always prefered Spike over the monkeys, i like them as enimies but not as actual mascots because i feel like Spike deserves more credit.

He was the protagonist of the first game to use the Dualshock controller, so he deserves some credit.
>>
>yumi posters
More like Rape Escape amiright
>>
>>336031617
Fucking finally
>>
If people care more about the human characters than the monkeys, then why not make a spin off series with actual platforming featuring the humans but not the monkeys that isnt called "Ape Escape"?

I mean, the worst games in the series seem to be the amount of spin offs no one asked that barely have the human characters in it.
>>
>>336032518
It's pointless dilution of the series. I think the draw is really more like the ACME tier crazy technology the kids have to catch he Apes. Doing the same but sending the kids off to hunt Teddy Bears or Sackboys would be strange. I mean sure send Donkey Kong racing karts... but would you think to ask Donkey Kong to not feature crocodile enemies?
>>
>>336033087
Well, they are essential to the series, but i just wondered if Spike could be a mascot too like doing a cameo in the new HSG or getting a costume in LBP.

It's not like KillZone where the protagonists are just as bad, if not worse, than the actual bad guys., what we got here is a cartoonish kid with a crazy hair cut saving the world with crazy gadgets.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.