[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>video game has animal motifs >it's always a lion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8
>video game has animal motifs
>it's always a lion

why is it the most overused animal in symbolism

and people joke about canines but if you actually look at official stuff they're barely used as motifs in video games, I usually see bulls, lions, eagles, and stag more prominently.
>>
>>336018642
Because games are influenced by real life.

These animals, especially lions and eagles, have been used in heraldry throughout the world due to their status. Lions are "king of beasts" and are associated with bravery for example
>>
>>336018642
>most overused animal
>not ravens
>>
File: 150px-Fleur_de_lys_(or).svg.png (17 KB, 150x214) Image search: [Google]
150px-Fleur_de_lys_(or).svg.png
17 KB, 150x214
Lions are one of the dankest historical memes
>>
>>336019137
Lions are meme animals. Tigers are stronger.
>>
>>336019137
why not just make up shit since you're making up things anyway

also iirc lions are in heraldry not because of king of beasts but because of being flowery
>>
I see wolves referenced a hell of a lot more than lions
>>
>>336019482
There is made up shit like the Scots have with unicorns too
>>
>>336019440
They'd probably be a lot of tigers in asian heraldry and sigils
>>
>>336019773
brother of dragon

>>336019592
nope, I've seen lions more since "muh king" and shit
>>
Shark is the best girl.
>>
>>336020672
they make good motifs for flamethrowers

and I think that's a bad way if you're doing worldbuilding, since your world is at the mercy of the focus test

>>336020836
I know right? Sela a qt
>>
>>336019670
I thought Scots love stags.

Or maybe I'm confusing them with another kingdom
>>
File: plague of frogs.jpg (134 KB, 382x489) Image search: [Google]
plague of frogs.jpg
134 KB, 382x489
Why are frogs referenced throughout history?
>>
File: shak.jpg (88 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
shak.jpg
88 KB, 720x540
>>336020836
This nigga knows what's up
yellow pirate is the cutest tho
>>
>>336021720
represent disease and downturn.

the pepe shit representing increasing human frustration and violent desire is the plague of a civilizations end times turned digital for the times.
>>
>>336018642
Because Lions are the Kings of the Animal Kingdom.
>>
File: 1461874500725.jpg (156 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1461874500725.jpg
156 KB, 720x720
Why is there such a huge personality difference between red zyougher and redninninger?
>>
>>336022235
Because red ninnigger was a shit actor.
Actually Ninninger was completely bad except for the ending song
>>
I personally prefer birds for animal motifs.
>>
>lion character
>dies
>>
>>336018642
Why do moon people need the time displayed on their TVs? Do they not have clocks?
>>
>>336024435
only morning shows
>>
File: Kusaka - World's Greatest Troll.jpg (44 KB, 1233x697) Image search: [Google]
Kusaka - World's Greatest Troll.jpg
44 KB, 1233x697
>>336022685
Oh I jumped for joy to see Kusaka in a show again.
>>
>game has animal motifs
>there's never a gorilla

fucking lionfags and their overhyped glorified sloth are the worst
and lions are usually the MC too
>>
Is this Chinese power rangers?
>>
>>336027484
No its Malaysian Masked Rider.
>>
so how hard did Leo bang this dude?
>>
Because Lion's fit very well with medieval European aesthetics.

>One Male Lion acting as king of his pride
>Surrounded by many wives who do a lot of work for him
>If the Male Lion loses to another, he can usurp and commit genocide on the losers offspring with no repercussions
>Big and strong
>>
>>336029174
Funnily lions only lived in Greece for a relatively short periid of time.
>>
>>336018642
Lions are significant in a lot of culture's mythology. But I really don't notice the lion thing a whole ton, I see snakes, and birds of prey used a lot more
>>
>>336029487
That's the point though.

A lot of people never saw a Lion, they were only told what a Lion was like. So most of the people who decided to make a Lion a symbol weren't basing it off real Lion's but on the idea of a Lion they'd built in their heads from stories of the majestic hunting beast able to take down a horse painted black and white, loyally attended by a harem of wives who all differed and obeyed him.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.