[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So among the new wave of hero shooters/moba hybrids/games that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: battlebornvoverwatch-1050x688.jpg (197 KB, 1050x688) Image search: [Google]
battlebornvoverwatch-1050x688.jpg
197 KB, 1050x688
So among the new wave of hero shooters/moba hybrids/games that tries to mix elements of both genres:

overwatch
battleborn
paladin
paragon
gigantic

what do you think will be the most successful and the one with the most thriving comp scene? Which one do you think has the highest skill ceiling? I really wanna pick a new game to main and completely dedicate myself to it but don't wanna make the wrong choice.
>>
>>336013606
>what do you think will be the most successful

Well it's obviously going to be Overwatch considering how strongly it was marketed, people are suckers these days and buy anything

Definitely wont be most competitive with it's low skill ceiling
>>
>>336013729
>Definitely wont be most competitive with it's low skill ceiling

so which one?
>>
why are so many coming out?
>>
>>336013934

I haven personally only played OW and Battleborn

BB is easily more competitive, but it will have a niche community due to very little marketing and a 60 dollar price tag + season pass
>>
Overwatch will be the most successful, and is by far the most polished complete game.

You missed Lawbreakers, kinda looks iffy as fuck though. It wants the old school shooter feel but keeps ability cooldowns AND fucking ultimates that do a shitload more damage than the weapons?
>>
ow success is out of question but i'm really skeptical of his comp scene. Game is too shallow and lacks depth to sustain a scene for the long run, plus fps are hard to follow on stream by default

inb4 csgo, that's just an exception
>>
>>336013606
>Overwatch is a team FPS with classes represented by character which have a different guns and 3 or so abilities
>Battleborn is a FPS MOBA with classes, items, level-ups that give you better stats and let your learn new skills at the game goes, lanes and minions
>They are considered the same sub-genre because ?????
>>
Lawbreakers looks better than all of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w3006HyyN4
>>
>>336015291
I never understood that either
>>
>>336013729
>Definitely wont be most competitive
Blizzard made hearthstone competitive
Low skill ceiling has absolutely nothing to do with something competitive ability.
All that means is that it probably doesnt deserve to be competitive
>>
>>336015291
People only compare them because they are both ""Hero Shooters""
>>
>>336013970
Because overwatch. Everyone else is trying to jump on their success. Think all the zombie open world games and Dayz
>>
>>336017537
too bad overwatch is the worst of the bunch, well besides paladins
>>
File: 1416807622264.png (83 KB, 307x383) Image search: [Google]
1416807622264.png
83 KB, 307x383
>>336018134
>Overwatch
>Worse than battleborn
>>
>>336016532
I think you're confusing being competitive with paying your way to an esports league. If there's one thing blizzard has, it's a shit ton of money.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.