[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/ remember this ? :^) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-c 1a5c55-8
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 55
File: punished_snake.jpg (33 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
punished_snake.jpg
33 KB, 600x600
Hey /v/ remember this ? :^)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-c1a5c55-8
>>
#fuckkonami
>>
Yeah... All those trailers were so damn misleading. MGSV is such a fucking disappointment I still can't believe it.
>>
open world was a mistake
>>
File: 1366884515648s.jpg (6 KB, 219x250) Image search: [Google]
1366884515648s.jpg
6 KB, 219x250
>Its going to be like a TV show

Fucking PW had a better plot. Game was fucking boring as shit.
>>
>>335998490
I can't conceive of how a linear experience would be better than open world in the context of a tactical espionage game.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJVxPAiB7as
>tfw this game never lived to its hype
I'm dead inside
MGSV could have been the best video game ever made in this world. Not that it's a bad game
>>
>>335999265

Try playing literally every other MGS.
>>
>>335999265
MGS1 is still the best MGS and was linear as fuck.
>>
>>336000000
>>
>>335998490
Could be great if done right. MGSV open world is a fucking joke.
>>
>>335999265
The best parts of MGSV by far were the sniper battle leading to the mansion as well as the mansion mission itself, and Camp Omega.
Both are as linear as an MGS game has ever been.
>>
>>335999265
That's easy, play the previous games and understand.
>>
File: venomthumbsup.jpg (530 KB, 1590x1080) Image search: [Google]
venomthumbsup.jpg
530 KB, 1590x1080
Which trailer was the best?

GDC 2013 (Not Your Kind of People): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xu2hWlUArE

E3 2013 (Sins of the Father RED BAND): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMyoCr2MnpM

E3 2014 (Nuclear): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g03cfetuwg

E3 2015 (Elegia): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJVxPAiB7as
>>
>>336000518
Red Band definitely, I watched that shit like 10 times.
>>
>>336000518
Elegia
>>
>>336000518
>The world that The Boss envisioned will finally become a reality, and it will make mankind whole again.

FUCK I WAS SO HYPE FOR THIS FUCKING GAME

AND I EVEN ENJOYED PLAYING IT TOO I PUT OVER 100 HOURS INTO AND LOVED IT BUT THE STORY WAS JUST SO DISAPPOINTING
>>
>>336000013
THIS is the trailer that kills me.
Red Band comes close. But Elegia just...the tone it set, the cutscenes Kojima chose, the way he presented them.

It fucking set up an entirely different game we never got. Funny enough though, looking back at the two helicopter scenes they use the exact same angle and animation, which should've been a red flag.
>>
>>336000518
Red Band. I can't fucking believe they wasted that song of fucking jeep ride.
>>
>>336000518
Nuclear.
I was completely uninterested in the Metal Gear series before I watched that trailer, then I finished the entire series wihtin a week.
>>
Haven't seen any of the trailers, i absolutely didn't know what to expect coming into this. Yeah, you "can" have some fun in it. But it's shallow as fuck

>>335998776

This guy knows what i'm talking about

>TV show style credits before each mission
>each mission is some run of the mill shit with NOTHING exciting happening with grind in between

It's like Kojima spotted Alan Wake at one point and decided to nick that aspect, but he forgot to actually stretch the plot out or populate the world with interesting characters.

>open world with nothing between copypasted outposts

cool
>>
The MGSV trailers were something of beauty.

An elaborate ruse that made it seem like the story was completely different, with clever use of pointless scenes.

The torturing Quiet scene for example. is portrayed as a brutal indication that Big Boss going too far, when in actuality, the scene is just Miller going "lol, that didn't work" and Ocelot scolding Miller for being a meanyhead.
>>
>>336000518

>That first trailer

Man, all that speculation was great.

The threads were more fun than the actual game.
>>
File: modjakhedy-3.jpg (164 KB, 800x517) Image search: [Google]
modjakhedy-3.jpg
164 KB, 800x517
>Afghanistan
>not a single mujahideen in the game
Bravo, Kojima!
>>
>>336000518
>Red Band
>No animals in the field
>No foot patrols
>No armored vehicle patrols
>No vehicle convoys/parked areas
>No truck patrols outside of a single one that goes between two or three outposts
>AI is nowhere near as lively or active in their patrols, they don't randomly check stuff with flashlights or leave their prescripted areas until 'caution' state and then it's just walking in a circle through the base.

Fucking kill me.
>>
File: 1408291945576.jpg (190 KB, 1144x819) Image search: [Google]
1408291945576.jpg
190 KB, 1144x819
>>336001157
>soviets are just standing around waiting for you to sneak in
>for all eternity
>>
File: hmm.png (90 KB, 327x305) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
90 KB, 327x305
>>336000963
yeah, it's quite bizarre how he pulled that off.
>>
>>336000518

I'm really split between Sins of the Father and Elegia.
>>
>original writer of the series dissapeared
>can't write anything outside of the word "deterrence"
>recut that shit for the trailers

that's a pretty good ruse, i must admit
>>
File: 1427687569029.png (556 KB, 1000x1210) Image search: [Google]
1427687569029.png
556 KB, 1000x1210
IT FUCKING HURTS, IT PHYSICALLY HURTS ME TO WATCH THIS WHAT COULD HAVE FUCKING BEEN
>>
Implying thats the best trailer

Posting real best trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1Bu1lDD2So

What about him?
>>
>>336000518
>twist figured out after the first trailer
>all the other speculation was for nothing because nothing at all fucking happened
welp, fuck this.
>>
Man i'm so fucking pissed about MGSV

I spent the two weeks prior to the games release watching the trailers on repeat and having every MGS related board up just watching posts (even reddit)

The game then releases and it's the exact opposite of what I wanted from a Metal Gear game. Open World bullshit with minimal plot. Hell, you're even forced to go to the same outpost like 30 times throughout the game
>>
>>336001890

Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I watch the trailers... the teasers...even the fan theories. The hype I've lost... the hope I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like it's all still there.

You feel it, too, don't you?
>>
>>336002119
>What about him?

I vividly remember being in threads THE DAY THAT TRAILER CAME OUT, with people questioning that line and speculating that perhaps it was hinting towards the player being in control of someone other than Big Boss.
>>
>>336002329
Yeah, /v/ got it within hours. Kojima had to damage control " 'him' is me hehe"
>>
>>336002329

I really wish I caught onto this stuff earlier so I could have been there back for all the theory stuff and probably reading and thinking up shit that was 100x better than what we got.
>>
>>336002329
I also love how MGSV takes MGS2's message and shits on it

The message of MGS2 is that we should live our own lives the way that we want to.

MGSV is LOL UR BIG BOSS NOW ENJOY TRANQING LITERALLY EVERYTHING WHY DO OTHER WEAPONS EVEN EXIST OTHERS THEN THE TRANQ PISTOL AND RIFLE
>>
However shit the game was, Kojima is a genius for creating those fucking trailers. All that implied deepness of many lines in the trailers, man. They all lead to nothing in the end, though.
>>
>>336002493

There's literally no point to Venom. Like, it just seems like a giant cop out because Kojima either couldn't or wouldn't actually make Big Boss a bad guy.

Or Konami wouldn't let him go down some really dark path and so he just shat that out.
>>
>>336002846
And you know what's funny? Venom doesn't do a single bad thing throughout the game.

He fucking starts an orphanage, even after one of the kids tried to kill him over 3 times by that point

He runs around stopping diseases from reaching the mainland

In the cut(rip) ending Snake even fucking tries to bring Eli back before realizing he's infected.

He's literaly Jesus compared to other Metal Gear characters
>>
File: 537751.jpg (19 KB, 331x225) Image search: [Google]
537751.jpg
19 KB, 331x225
>>336002318
>You feel it, too, don't you?
>>
MGSV story is fucking clusterfuck.

>Zero now is a good guy who care about Big Boss
>some freak from village just took control over Cypher
>Zero is fucking vegetable
>what was fucking point of attacking Mother Base at PW? Wouldn't it be better to unite with Big Boss to find Zero?
>how the fuck Big Boss ended in Fox Hound again?
>so Miller helped Snake just because he was left out of ruse cruise?
>why Zero even needed Big Boss that much if you can just brainwash some medic?

Fuck this story. Instead of going nuclear and then being mindbreak by Cypher in some horrible way and being forced to work for US military again, we just saving little puppies and watching some parasite bitch taking shower.
>>
>>336001157
>go in africa
>"it's got 2 pmcs at the borders boss, but they've got a gentleman's agreement not to kill each other :^)"

Red Band trailer actually made me think we'd have a good game, glad I was spoiled about the end otherwise I would have been angry.
>>
So was Big Boss a Patriot or not? I thought V was the pov game of how Patriots came together, but i really don't understand because characters are whatever they are needed to be at any subjective moment
>>
>>336003081

Exactly. Venom tells Kaz "I'm already a demon."

Well then I want to live in the MGS universe because if I go to Hell if I die, it's probably going to be a very nice place where people do good things for each other and try to help each other out.

He's a demon that saves child soldiers and child slave laborers. He's a demon who saves the Western world from collapse from parasites and in his spare time takes apart nukes from PMCs.

He literally does nothing wrong, he never does anything remotely close that a person would describe as a 'demon'.

I was hoping MGSV was going to be the Breaking Bad of games, it was going to be about a relatively level headed guy with a darkness in him that grows like a cancer until it completely takes over and he becomes this totally despicable evil person.
>>
>>336000518
Sins of the father is one of the best revenge songs wasted in this game.
>>
>>336003812
>So was Big Boss a Patriot or not?
No, Big Boss fought against Cipher/Patriots. Zero was the guy who really started them out and Cipher becomes or merges with the Philosophers to become the Patriots

Zero's the guy pulling the strings, Big Boss is fighting against it, which sets up the conflicts from MG1, 2, MGS1, 2 and 4.
>>
File: yot1.png (105 KB, 255x508) Image search: [Google]
yot1.png
105 KB, 255x508
>trusting Japanese businessmen
He knows how to put on a show, I'll give him that.
>>
>le phantom pain amirite guys ;____;

For fuck sake it's been over 7 months since it's came out

FUCKING

MONTHS

And you faggots are still bitching about this fucking game. Like it's the end of the fucking world or something

Find something else to play

Get a new hobby

Get a job

Get some friends

Get a gf

Get a life

Or maybe, JUST maybe fucking kill yourselves like some of you said you were going to do
>>
>>335998052
Best trailer
>bu bu but it's misleading
Congrats, you fell for the king of misdirection. Kindly hand in your Metal Gear fan card at the desk.
>>
File: 7678.png (159 KB, 313x319) Image search: [Google]
7678.png
159 KB, 313x319
You know what bugs more more about this game?

You know how MGS2 lied to everyone? I guess Raiden is more popular in Japan or whatever, but at the time, the internet wasn't as big and the industry had plenty of great games.

Now in the later 2000's, there is so many fake shit and companies being greedy to the point where MGS2's message becomes common sense. Who really trusts trailers anymore? But then Kojima, one of the few devs a lot of people here trusted, just follow along everyone else for fucking "art".

The game was more shallow than most open world games. The game is Far Cry with fultons.Story is on par with many shitty Final Fantasy games.Hell, it wasn't even finished for fuck sake. All the negative things people worry about when it comes to AAA games.

Thats what I think, is the bigger insult.
>>
>>335998052
>>336000013
>>336000518
Fuck, it's so hard to resist watching this shit... why do you want to make me sad, anons?
>>
>I was born in a small village. When I was still a child, our village was raided by soldiers. Foreign soldiers. Torn from my elders, I was made to speak THEIR language. With each new post, my masters changed, as did the words they made me speak. And with each change, I changed too. My thoughts, personality, the way I saw right and wrong... words can kill...
It's fucking crazy how much better this monologe sounds in the trailer than it does in-game
>>
>>336004436

Context is serious shit.
>>
File: 194.webm (946 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
194.webm
946 KB, 640x480
>All that pre-release hype
>That "Oh shit" moment when BB starts gunning down children and his own soldiers in the trailers
>Everybody speculating all sorts of crazy shit about how BB starts going off the deep end
>People suggesting that he murdered the kids because they stole his diamond dogs
>Somebody posts how you can fulton extract child soldiers and everybody thinks you can actually add them to your army
>Theories that Skullface was gonna die early on and start going all Tyler Durden on you
>Theories that you join up with Skullface and start working with him
>Wondering whether or not your soldiers are going to betray you and that's why they point the laser at you and BB guns them down later
>Either that or you just undergo a PTSD meltdown or start hallucinating
>That one guy who suggested that the soldiers figured out about you starting the wars that killed their families and you have to kill all of them to prevent them from spreading the information
>Ideas where you have to kill everybody in a mission for S-rank to cement Big Boss' step into villainy
>Somebody points out that Sahelanthropus' spikes looks like a lot like the shrapnel in your head and that you might actually be having an hallucination when you're driving away from it in the car
>That fucking idea where the game ends with you infiltrating your unique and fully customized Mother Base as Solid Snake
>mfw this game was one of the biggest fucking disappointments that I've ever experienced and I will forever search for a story that does something like the trailers depicted well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds2SUbt8hm4
>>
Do you remember when we said quiet was chico ?
Do you remember when we said Venom was grey fox ?
I miss those times
>>
>>336004346
>Story is on par with many shitty Final Fantasy games
That's harsh, even the worst FF story is better than MGSV. I agree though, Kojima was the only dev I believed wouldn't fuck me over, but dude sold out and tried packaging it to us as high art. That's the worst part for me, he lied to cover his ass rather than do something mind blowing like MGS2. Look at how he defended Quiet or claimed there would be controversial themes in MGSV, he's either a total liar or completely delusional. Makes me sad this is how MGS ends.
>>
>>336004759
That Chico = Quiet theory is so much more interesting than what we actually got. Fuck.
>>
>>335998490
This.
Warning alarms were going off as soon as they said they were using it. And of course, it fucking sucked.

Linear mission design is the best course for MGS games.
>>
>>336004667
>ending is infiltrating your own mother base as Solid Snake
That would have been cool
>>
>>336004667
>mfw this game was one of the biggest fucking disappointments that I've ever experienced and I will forever search for a story that does something like the trailers depicted well

I would recommend Breaking Bad or Berserk, but chances are you probably already seen it because of said hype.

Though I remember 10 Cloverfield lane having a similar questioning and rusing, but it played well to the movie's favor.
>>
>>336004667
>>That fucking idea where the game ends with you infiltrating your unique and fully customized Mother Base as Solid Snake

I have literally zero idea why they decided to go for any other ending that wasn't Solid Snake vs Venom/ Big Boss to seal the deal.

Playing as Solid I think could work, but I think I'd rather have ended it with you as Venom or BB fighting against a Solid Snake that you can't beat, and he eventually beats you to trigger the final cutscene.
>>
>>336004667
I personally don't like the idea of that ending, but I do love the idea of the ending being right where Metal Gear 1 begins. That probably would have redeemed the whole game for me.
>>
>>336004667
>>Wondering whether or not your soldiers are going to betray you and that's why they point the laser at you and BB guns them down later
Did that moment even appear in the game? What was the context?
>>
>>336004759
I fucking hated how normalfag journalists tried to hype up Ocelot being in GZ and Grey Fox in TPP, only to find out it was dumb mistakes.
>>
>>335998052
Don't worry, I'm sure /v/ will do exactly the same thing with Kojima's new Sony game.
>>
>>336001157
The sandnigger POWs you recruit in Afghanistan are the mujahideen, and you technically help the mujahideen in the Back Up, Back Down mission.

But yeah, I wanted actual mujahideen NPCs in the actual world and fight alongside them.
>>
>>336005046

But I think we all agreed that it really needed to end clearly with MG1.

Either showing Snake coming out of the water, maybe also mirroring MGS1 to start MG1, or in the final fight with Venom.

I personally think having Solid Snake be the final boss that you can't beat would be better and more engaging, especially if you lead up to it.

You have your mother base, and you have your top soldiers (Shotgunner, Machinegun Kid, the bosses from MG1) try to stop the intruder, but are all wiped as you put more and more to stopping the intruder.

Metal Gear is destroyed and you confront Snake, and you have a fight that's probably somewhere similar to the Boss vs Naked Snake and Solid vs Ocelot final fights, just a final one on one, but you can't win, Solid defeats the player, Venom gives a final soliloquy as Snake listens to your dying words. You take a final few looks around at the crumbling Outer Heaven, say something like "I hope it was worth it..." or something, and it fades to black.
>>
File: Sad Snake.png (203 KB, 535x392) Image search: [Google]
Sad Snake.png
203 KB, 535x392
>>335998052
We're all still feeling it.

No, but I actually only started getting interested in picking this game up near the end of 2015, which is when it came out. I think it's a pretty solid game compared to what comes out today, but looking back at it now, the trailers and the anticipation made it seem like this game was gonna be the best Metal Gear Solid game ever, a masterpiece basically.
The expectations were off the roof, so Konami shot themselves in the foot with this one.
>>
>>336004886
I've read most of Berserk, but got burned out on Breaking Bad when I practically marathoned the first two seasons. Should probably pick it back up even if it likely won't scratch the itch that MGSV caused. I don't feel like Berserk is a good example of it though because he doesn't really slowly descend into evil.

>>336004926
That'd work too and it was one of the ideas people posted in response, but I just love the idea that you have to infiltrate MB after you spent the entire game making it impenetrable, customizing it, and training your soldiers. It'd be some serious shit if you yourself made it too hard and you had to start killing your own men. Of course, you can't actually fucking customize MB at all besides colors and have no reason to even fucking visit it besides the game forcing you to and the occasional cutscene.

>>336005113
It's when you bring Quiet back to MB.
>>
>>336004198
Metal Gear Solid V was revenege for hiroshima and nagasaki.
>>
why didn't hideo "i can't write a simple tragedy" kojima just call them the patriots instead of cipher
>>
>tfw you're tempted to start looking up fanfiction because you know there has to be one autist who can write a decent story and is even more disappointed with MGSV than you are
>>
File: 1461361311801.jpg (517 KB, 1065x990) Image search: [Google]
1461361311801.jpg
517 KB, 1065x990
Can we agree that Miller > Ocelot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZY7QCBMWoE
>>
File: sad guts.jpg (155 KB, 843x856) Image search: [Google]
sad guts.jpg
155 KB, 843x856
>>336000518
>tfw its almost been 3 years since the Sins of the Father trailer
>>
>>336006172
Playing as Kaz would've been amazing. All enemies would turn into Kikongo.
>>
File: I Heart The D.jpg (511 KB, 3507x1973) Image search: [Google]
I Heart The D.jpg
511 KB, 3507x1973
>>336000518
All the speculation and fan theories somehow were better than the actual game.

Hell, the "Chico is Quiet" theory was better than her actual arc. Fuck Kojima and Fuck Konami.
>>
>>336001157
>MGS4
>game set during battles where you can ignore the two factions or assist them
>assisting the rebels gives you some tactical advantages later in the mission, but not much really, even so it's a cool little mechanic and makes for some tense sneaking gameplay
>MGS5
>open world is absolutely dead save for some trucks scripted to drive in loops for all eternity
>literally set during a conflict, where conflicts would be happening
>nothing from MGS4 (bizzarely the only thing that made that game interesting) was implemented
THANKS KOJIMA
>>
>>336006172
>Miller and Ocelot were relegated to simply explaining the plot in tapes and during cutscenes
What a fucking waste of two decent characters.
>>
>>336006437
>le mgs4 is shit meme
It was a good game. Cutscenes were a bit too long, there wasn't enough gameplay time and story wasn't all that great but in the end it was very enjoyable expirience with proper boss battles, codec dialogs, gun porn and a lot of neat stuff.
>>
>>336006398
>Hell, the "Chico is Quiet" theory was better than her actual arc.

only fagboys think this
>>
File: Kaz.png (76 KB, 1860x265) Image search: [Google]
Kaz.png
76 KB, 1860x265
>>336006172
>>
>>336006547
>le quote things that weren't said or implied
MGS4fag mad that someone isn't mindlessly praising the game?

I enjoyed MGS4's gameplay, but god damn everything else was dull.
>>
File: 1358377878123.gif (3 MB, 235x180) Image search: [Google]
1358377878123.gif
3 MB, 235x180
I can't watch these again, not after actually playing V and continuously experiencing Kojima's inability to write.

No bullshit, I've had instances where I actually talked shit about V while FUCKING ASLEEP. And that's a first for a disappointing title, no other game has managed to leave a lasting impression this hard. Not even Gothic 3.
>>
>>336006585
>she's a plant

Nice arc there, Kojimbo
>>
>>336006664
>everyone was plants
>everyone was nanomachines
FULL FUCKING POETIC CIRCLE
>>
File: 1460925706927.png (193 KB, 488x488) Image search: [Google]
1460925706927.png
193 KB, 488x488
>>336006651
Kojima became the video game version of George Lucas.
>>
>there will never be a metal gear game where Ocelot is the main character
Why ?
>>
>>336006398
>All the speculation and fan theories
>muh head transplant doctor

Fuck off
>>
Why does everyone hate Huey so much on /v/? Strangelove was a complete psychotic bitch and deserved to die.
>>
File: 1417290872253.png (334 KB, 551x550) Image search: [Google]
1417290872253.png
334 KB, 551x550
>>336006778
>tfw episode vii was even worse than awful prequels
>tfw mgs without kojima will be even worse than mgsv
>>
File: 1361330353053.gif (2 MB, 350x199) Image search: [Google]
1361330353053.gif
2 MB, 350x199
>people talk shit about 4's cutscenes and their length
>Kojima straight up almost removes cutscenes from V, ones that are there are a minute short

>people talk shit about nanomachines being brought up constantly in 4
>Kojima dedicates the entirety of the first chapter and 75% of cassette tapes to a more retarded version of nanomachines from 4

I feel like there's something wrong here.
>>
>>336006814
Was that not better than a literal doppelganger? LMFAO at least it made some sense.
>>
>>336005557

Yeah, I like the 'infiltrate your own base' idea as well, but somehow you'd have to transfer mother base to the land somehow, because Outer Heaven in MG1 is in South Africa, it's not in the ocean.

The only other problem would be that your mother base would likely not look anything like the base in MG1 either.

That and how far do you recreate it. I mean, do you try to pull all of MG1 back into MGS5, because I mean, that's like a whole 'nother game man.
>>
>>335998052
Great game.Still playing it.
>>
File: 1460471370111.png (350 KB, 578x643) Image search: [Google]
1460471370111.png
350 KB, 578x643
>>336006598
>catching female soldiers
>tfw you realize there are no regular female soldiers as enemies
>tfw there are some at Mother Base
>>
File: 1444373911988.jpg (57 KB, 349x440) Image search: [Google]
1444373911988.jpg
57 KB, 349x440
>>336004667
Fuck,you just reminded me of my old theory
>Chapter 1
Make your Motherbase on water and go through missions in afghanistan while having the 'revenge' theme
>Chapter 2
>6 years later
>Make your own Motherbase on land as Outer Heaven and go through missions in Africa while having the 'race' theme
Thinking about it now,it would make so much more sense and the story could have been better
>>
File: 1371327163423.jpg (507 KB, 1500x844) Image search: [Google]
1371327163423.jpg
507 KB, 1500x844
>>336006860
>mgs without kojima will be even worse than mgsv

Bullshit, they'll take MGS1/3's style and remake MG1 and MG2 using it. If anything we might finally get a good game with elements taken straight from 1 through 3, without any fancy bullshit. I mean, I'm confident I could direct a better MGS than Kojima at this point.
>>
>>336006893
It was even shittier.
>>
>>336006873
Worst thing is how cutscenes replaced by fucking tapes.
>>
>>336006172

Miller wins no contest because he's actually got a personality in MGS5.

Even if it's just "Angry conspiracy nut" that's still more of a personality than I Don't Even Spin Them Revolver "Souless Exposition Distributor" Ocelot.
>>
>>336006984
Not really, most cassette tapes are dedicated to an old fucking Indian in a wheelchair telling you metric shittones of technobabble about ancient vocal parasites and wolbachia. It's downright fucking insulting after how good PW's tapes were.
>>
>>336007045
>interrogation scene
>Snake just walks out just to listen it later on the tape
>>
>>336000107
>>336000313
MGS was not linear as fuck at all. You're thrown into a more close-quarters open world. You can go all the way back to the start of the game if you want. There are locked areas that you need to backtrack for.

MGS was not linear, but it had the level design of a linear game. It's more like Metroid.

MGS5's problem is that you're thrown into a giant field and stealth just isn't as fun as a result. It works a lot better for RPGs and stuff like GTA.
>>
>>336006860
>tfw mgs without kojima will be even worse than mgsv

I'd put my faith in Platnium Studios making MGR2, I'd try to fight it, but I'd probably would get a little hype about it.
>>
>>336007084
Backtracking sections does not a non-linear game make
>>
>>336007128
Well, MGR was great and felt more like MGS than V did but it's an action game not a proper MGS expirience.
>>
>>336006968
>Bullshit, they'll take MGS1/3's style and remake MG1 and MG2 using it.

You're fucking deluded bro. I know it hurts to hear, but the only shit that you can look forward to for Metal Gear is Metal Gear Solid 6: Mobile Ops.

Or Metal Gear Solid 6: Tactical Hit the Lever Action.

Konami isn't doing a big mainstream game anytime soon. It's mobile and gambling for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>336007231
Well, Konami is another thing entirely. I'm just saying that a competent dev team could still make something good if they wanted to, and they don't need Kojambo for that.
>>
>>336007084
It worked in GTA because you can do things in GTA. World is interesting there and you can fuck with AI a lot. In MGSV there's literally nothing you can do. You can't deploy your troops, you can't capture bases, you can't ambush convoys, you can't even have all that much fun with AI, it's very boring. Every outpost and base is the same, there're almost no interiors or unique objects. If you played like two missions of MGSV you pretty much played whole game.
>>
>>335998052
please just fuck off
>>
>>336007292
Would you really want to reward them with your money? They've killed two of my franchises now, Silent Hill, Silent Hill again and Metal Gear

Fuck them. I wouldn't buy MGS6 even if they did it.
>>
>>336007420
>round table thread of actual video game discussion on /v/
>"fuck off"
No u
>>
>>336007426
I wouldn't give half a fuck if they did MG1 and MG2 justice. As far as I'm concerned, Konami didn't make Kojima write the entirety of Chapter 1, and MGSV being utter shit is mostly on him.
>>
>>336006907
>one mission
>main objectives: rescue grey fox, destroy metal gear and kill big boss
>secondary objectives: rescue pettrovich, hostages etc.

easy
>>
>>335998490
MGSV is to open world what FF13 is to linearity.
>>
>>336007491
I actually liked most of chapter 1 though.

It's hard to tell how much is Kojima being a hack, and Konami fucking rushing it out the door and cutting corners everywhere and micromanaging.

Kojima didn't cut 35% of the game out, or put in a micro-transaction system, or a half baked online mode, among other shit, but we can't tell who to blame because unfortunately no one has a fucking clue what the fuck happened behind the scenes that caused this mess.
>>
>>336004269
Seeing how rare these threads are nowadays I guess the people that wanted to killed themselves already.
Today is a bit of a surge because of the MGS2 meme date.
>>
>>336007547

Are you going to have them all like in rooms next to each other?

I mean, it gets to a point where it might just be easier to just remake MG1 at that point, especially if you want it to be satisfying.

Like, it can't just be a FOB mission where get Grey Fox on the 1st deck, destroy metal gear on the 2nd, and fight BB on the 3rd.

How much of Outer Heaven do you think you'd have to make for it?
>>
>>336007707
>and Konami fucking rushing it out the door and cutting corners everywhere and micromanaging
In fairness they gave Kojima tens of millions of dollars and 3+ years to make this game. Kojima is such a hack that he wanted more to finish his "vision" and he'd already proved with MGS4 that his "vision" was a clusterfuck of nonsensical ideas which pissed off fans.
>>
>>336004667
>>That "Oh shit" moment when BB starts gunning down children and his own soldiers in the trailers

If you seriously thought that was going to happen you're fucking retarded
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid_V:_The_Phantom_Pain#Critical_reception
>>
>>336007929
>waow critics praised a game they were comped and paid to praise!
Corrupt as fuck.
>>
>>336007880
>the guy that literally becomes the villain in the next game
>kills kids

"Yeah, dude. That way too far fetched"
- an autistic faggot on /v/
>>
File: Capture.jpg (20 KB, 511x118) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
20 KB, 511x118
game is great
>>
>>336007981
>t. 8 year old
>>
File: 1375223568453.jpg (188 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1375223568453.jpg
188 KB, 1280x960
>>336007707
>I actually liked most of chapter 1 though.

How? Diamond Dogs' actions make almost no sense and you never get the feel they're at war with the XOF. Fucking Portable Ops and Peace Walker made MSF involved in some shootouts with the enemies, V somehow didn't manage.

Quiet is boring as fuck and her whole contribution to the story consists of a cringe-worthy half baked romance between her and a brainwashed dude. On that topic, brainwashed man deliberately has no character to speak of, because Kojima thought a "clever" twist is better than your playerbase being interested in the hero that they're controlling.

Skull Face is straight up retarded. He lets Big Medic go early on failing to kill him, doesn't do anything for most of the game, and finally gets fucking crushed by his own Metal Gear. This is the first villain in the whole series that literally kills himself with no help from the protagonists.

When you realize this, Snake and Miller shooting him makes little sense since all they've done was sneak around a bit and then catch him when he was dying anyway. What fucking "revenge"? Where?

I don't have power to start writing about what's wrong with things like Huey or vocal parasites. The ONLY really well written thing, the Paz hallucination, is entirely optional and done through cassette tapes. Agree with you on the cutting the game out part though.
>>
>>336008060
maybe the game just wasn't for you?
>>
>>336008098
No fucking shit, care to respond with something of actual substance?
>>
>>336008143
u first :)
>>
>>336008156
well meme'd weekend poster :^)
>>
>>336008098
>>336008156
>7 months later and MGSVshills still post here
>>
>>336008204
It's a great game though
>>
>>336008241
Most of the gameplay systems are worse than in Peace Walker, a Playstation Portable(tm) title.
>>
>>336008298
uh no. It controls much better in every scenario
>>
>>336006860
shut up /tv/ there is nothing good about the prequels
>>
File: MGSV.jpg (239 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
MGSV.jpg
239 KB, 1920x1080
My opinion of how TPP could have been godly, and also a hell of a lot cheaper to make.

Take GZ concept. Take the main mission, and instead make eight to ten of them, each with cutscenes, and unique areas of infiltration. Keep these areas open, with multiple routes like GZ.

Add in 16-32 unique side missions, ala GZ. Basically reuse the same main mission areas, but add new objectives and missions to complete, but with depth like GZ had.

Keep the ability to fulton. Keep motherbase management, but actually make MB much smaller, but more meaningful. Have little easter eggs, and silly things going on, kind of like the PW tapes suggested.

Keep ability to use custom loadouts, and keep weapon R&D obviously. Keeping buddies may also be acceptable.

You could even still have the open world I guess, just to goof off, but I would really think it would be best not to waste time on it.

Keep the dark tone of GZ. Be about BB going nuclear, and becoming a demon, establishing Outer Heaven.

Game should now be 10 out of 10.
>>
>>336007962
>literally no mention of how roundly disliked the game is amongst general fandom

That article requires some editing.
>>
>>336008429
>literally no mention of how roundly disliked the game is amongst general fandom

/v/ =/= the entire fandom
>>
>>336008338
Controls are better, yeah, but items and weapon R&D, outer ops, side ops and a couple of other things are definitely worse. And then you have shit like a near complete lack of bosses, complete lack of being able to make your own MG, shitty level design, etc.

I've had way more fun with Peace Walker.
>>
>hear Zero talking in the trailer
>"fuck yeah, we get to see Zero!"
>it's all in a bunch of fucking tapes

Kill yourself Kojima.
>>
>>336001157
>recruiting a pashto interpreter
>not a single fucking speaker in the entire game

it feels like there should have been native afghans in the game but they were cut.
>>
File: vice2.jpg (226 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
vice2.jpg
226 KB, 1000x667
The only good thing to come out of this game 2bh
>>
File: 1442048627500.jpg (27 KB, 291x273) Image search: [Google]
1442048627500.jpg
27 KB, 291x273
>>336004667
Every single one of these ideas are better than anything in the final game.
>>
File: big_boss.png (802 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
big_boss.png
802 KB, 800x900
They should've made a secret/extra episode where Venom is old and a single, young soldier infiltrates his base. All is going according to plan, but Big Boss knows this soldier is no rookie. He is actually preparing to die. All is going according to plan, and he is preparing to face him. He would die in this episode and we would get to experience the thoughts and emotions that went through his head during his last moments.

The Medic became a legend through an explosion and died by an explosion

>I won't die for nothing, you will die with me!
>>
>>336008668
a horse?
>>
>>336008529
>and Zero is fucking vegetable because literally who poisoned most paranoic spy in the world and took control of his whole illuminati organization
>>
>>336008489
There were a couple of lolsorandom weapons in PW, but who cares when every weapon in V is much more fun to use.

You also have extreme skulls for bosses and a deeper recruitment mechanic that basically means there will always be a reason to go out and farm for more recruits

And then it's tied all together with a game that doesn't control like dogshit because it's on a portable
>>
>>336004436
>>336004564
Exactly, context is king. Dialogue like that sounds better during an epic montage than it does during a 10-minute-long car ride.
>>
>>336002318
>tfw even Tyrone's rendition makes me well up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z2SHl-m5wQ

It won't stop hurting.
>>
>>336008720
No D-Horse was a useless buddy
>>
File: 1362677691508.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1362677691508.gif
2 MB, 400x300
>>336008740
>"oh and btw. I infected this shitty pin with magical parasites"
>mfw
>>
>>336008485
>general fandom
>entire fandom
you aren't very smart, are you faggot
>>
File: 1460661711334.jpg (48 KB, 460x338) Image search: [Google]
1460661711334.jpg
48 KB, 460x338
>>336004667
die konami
>>
>>336008874
okay
>>
>>336008804
>There were a couple of lolsorandom weapons in PW, but who cares when every weapon in V is much more fun to use.
You'll only use the starting upgraded sniper rifle, assault rifle, the tranquilizer and a rocket launcher. It's all the same shit, I'm talking about the fact that PW had real world weapons (metric shitloads of them) and was a treat for /k/ people.

>You also have extreme skulls for bosses and a deeper recruitment mechanic
Fucking lol.

>And then it's tied all together with a game that doesn't control like dogshit because it's on a portable
If it controlled like dogshit I wouldn't have spend over a hundred hours playing it.
>>
>>336007818
i'd have replaced mother base with a pretty big outer heaven and made the last mission kind of like ground zeroes where there is an optimal order to complete objectives but you can break it
>>
>>336008958
>blaming konami
>not blaming kojima

Konami had nothing to do with the story.
>>
>>336007880
I thought it would be too much of a bullshit copout for them show it in the trailer and then not do it in a game supposedly all about revenge, breaking taboos, and the main character becoming a villain.
>>
>>336007880
>If you seriously thought that was going to happen you're fucking retarded

Why not?

Seriously, why the fuck not, what makes you think this is some impossibility? Big Boss at some point becomes a war monger, only a hop skip and jump away from being on par with Sundowner
>>
>>336009040
Konami are the ones who pulled the plug. They wanted to get out of video games and into mobile games and pachinko shit.
>>
File: IMG_20160405_050051.jpg (134 KB, 1018x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160405_050051.jpg
134 KB, 1018x720
>>336000518
>red band

>no MPAA red band which it was literally named after

Triggers my autism
>>
>>336009079
it's edgy and stupid. BB may be a bad guy but he's not a twisted fucking psychopath
>>
>>336009130
They pulled the plug because of Kojima. He cost them $80 million dollars and 3-4 years and the game wasn't even fucking finished because Kojima was all "b-b-b-but muh vision"
>>
>>336006437
>>336006547
The first two missions in MGS4 where really cool. Wish we got more of that in MGS5.

Imagine fighting with/against Mujhadeen in Afghanistan and choosing which PMC to support in Africa...
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 599x703) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 599x703
>>336000518
Sins of the Father easily. I was in Basic when that trailer came out and I used all of my data rewatching it. What a good goddamn trailer, Jesus Christ.
>>
Don't forget
>There are people who held off suicide for this game
As well as not having any internet for months/years to avoid spoilers.
>>
OCELOT!!
>>
>>336009152
His entire plan in MG2 was to make a world of war. This wasn't an oddity either because it was explored in MGS4 too.
>>
>>336009236
>support any PMC in Africa
>Miller is all butthurt because Snake's actions are eating into DD's African revenue streams
>Ocelot is all "Lmao who cares I am too cool for this shit"
>Snake is all "BUT THEY ARE MY BROTHERS FROM ANOTHER MOTHER COMPANY ALL SOLJERZ HAVE PLACE!"
>>
>>336009283
Some kid literally died waiting for this game.
At least he die with hope.
https://youtu.be/P8RCD2KAbX4?t=6m39s
>>
>>336008409
this. actually, this.
would have felt like a perfect, memorable MGS game, but mostly due to the unique areas of infilitration.
I remember almost all of MGS 1 to 3 areas, as each had a significance. Fuck, I even remember MGS GZ area.
But V? Being so open makes it feel empty and unimportant, and it makes harder to code an actual patrol/guard system.
>>
>>336008958
Kojima had like 4 years, an engine they had been working on since MGS4 was finished, and 80 million dollars. He has no fucking excuse.
>>
>"You feel it too, don't you?"
What is it with this line that gets me?
>>
>>336009283
I kinda did that.
Then I was too mad to kill myself and laughed it off for even considering it.

Thank you Kojima.
>>
File: 1429273426989.jpg (69 KB, 418x384) Image search: [Google]
1429273426989.jpg
69 KB, 418x384
>>336009481
>He could have posted here
>>
>>336009481
It was a race against the clock:
Life's kindness killing him before he could experience this shit
Or life's cruelty letting him die with THAT much disappointment festering in his soul

I'm glad the former won.
>>
>>336000518
Nuclear because that opening is one of the most badass looking moments in MGS history.
>>
>muh headcanon ;_;
>>
File: cancer1-e1456429859979.jpg (70 KB, 900x474) Image search: [Google]
cancer1-e1456429859979.jpg
70 KB, 900x474
>>336009663
Which one do you consider has a better death, the guy died waiting MGSV or the guy died waiting BvS?
>>
File: mgs4-big-boss-593x346[1].png (520 KB, 593x346) Image search: [Google]
mgs4-big-boss-593x346[1].png
520 KB, 593x346
>>336009481
>tfw he's in heaven playing the MGSV he deserved
>>
>>336009481
>>336009663
>>336009804
>>336009817
Nothing can hurt you now, sweet princes
>>
>>336009152
>BB may be a bad guy but he's not a twisted fucking psychopath

His end goal is to create perpetual warfare that he can leech off of, specifically to cultivate a need for soldiers, and take war orphans so that he can groom them to be soldiers to die in his own self created wars.

That's fucking diabolical. Again, by MG1 and MG2, he's pretty much a more polished version of Sundowner.
Big Boss (MG2):

"Start a war, fan it's flames, create victims...then save them, train them...and feed them back onto the battlefield. It's a perfectly logical system. In this world of ours, conflict never ends. And neither does our purpose, our raison d'etre"

Sundowner:

"Africa's just gettin' a bit too peaceful. Business ain't been the same since they shut down SOP. A clean break from the war economy. Well some of us liked that economy. How's an honest warmonger supposed to make a living?"

"All we're saying is, give war a chance."

They are really not all that far off from each other. Sundowner is just more exaggerated and southern about it.
>>
File: 224.gif (565 KB, 275x288) Image search: [Google]
224.gif
565 KB, 275x288
>>336009697
>one of the most badass looking moments in MGS history.
>tfw it's not even in the fucking game
>>
>>336009909
right, he's a misguided bad guy, but not psycho. He sees value in conflict, but he doesn't go around killing children
>>
>>336010010
Niggers aren't human.
>>
File: file.png (3 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3 MB, 2560x1440
This launch trailer hurts the most since it was a week from release and this part wasn't even in the game
>>
>>336010157
>I don't know what a metaphor is
>>
>>336010116
LOL!
>>
>>336010201
Oh sorry! You see I thought video game trailers that came out a week before the game released were actually supposed to show PARTS FROM THE FUCKING GAME
>>
>>336010356
>implying capitalism hasn't been responsible for much worse
>>
>>336010419
>le capitalism boogeyman
>>
>>336010419
>le edgy Karl Marx face
>>
>>336010010
People and children are going to die as an inevitable consequence of the pointless wars that Big Boss starts. He's literally going out of his way to start wars that will kill thousands of men, women and children, and for what? To recruit any children who survive so they can go die in the next one he starts. He's killing children directly due to him starting useless conflicts and as a byproduct of the war economy. He's no better than Sundowner harvesting children for their brains do they can be his personal cyborg army in the wars they hope to start.
>>
>>336010674
opinion
>>
>>336000518
NUCLEAAAAR
>>
>>336003881
> such much misunderstand

Venom is pivotal in making Big Boss a villain. Kojima just didn't want to remake Revenge of the Sith, for whatever reason.

We've all heard the argument "Big Boss betrays the Medic, this is his fall from grace", etc. but even thematically this can be proven. Venom is a new 'the Boss' in different ways -- not only because he's sacrificed by John like the Joy was by the US, but because of the way he is designed. He's the first Snake to abandon the bandana like the Boss; he is covered in scars like the Boss; he works with a madman seized by ambition and revenge just like Joy with Volgin; hell, even the MGS3 battle between Naked and the Boss is (retconnedly) a mirror of that in MG between Solid and Venom (the trees, the countdown, etc.)

We're not slaughtering younglings or selling meth: we're Padme and Skylar being lied to and betrayed. And that, of course, hurts us.
>>
>>336010918
Why did Kojima choose to take something from Metal Gear 1 and make it the central theme of the story? Did he think we wouldn't notice?
>>
File: F4-GOTY-2009.png (671 KB, 575x803) Image search: [Google]
F4-GOTY-2009.png
671 KB, 575x803
I've never (i.e. not even once) watched the trailers of MGSV. Why? Because I knew it'd be shit.

You hypenigggers were on full autism mode for years for something that everybody that played mgs4 knew was going to be shit.
>>
>>336009181
>>336009181
They also had him working on Silent Hills at the same time, it wasn't like he was only attached to MGS that whole time. He was in development for 2 games over that period of time, so those 4 years would be divided by the 2 games he was attached to and fuck up the process.

It's Konami, but it's also Kojima. No, it's the two of them together. Where we are today, they built it. This mess, this shit is their's.
>>
>>336011196
eh, I thought a story about Big Boss being played and having to commit more and more atrocities to get back at someone, eventually becoming evil himself, would be pretty cool

Kojima, on the other hand, seemed to think that a story about... parasites infecting corpses and making them hurl 30 meter wide boulders at people would be more interesting

oh and also language or whatever
>>
>>336011196
MGS4 at least had lots of crazy shit in it, not just the first mission copy pasted with a different starting point and different objectives.
>>
Chapter 3 will hit any day now, just you wait.
>>
>>336011526
Hackjima-san, please, stop. This is just sad.
>>
>>336009152
The game theme is supposed to be about a good person turning evil, having him kill kids is a fairly effective way to symbolize the point of no return.
>>
>>336010419
Communism has killed more people than all wars combined.
>>
>>336008841
;_;7
>>
>>336012067
September 1st, 2016.

Just you wait.

V will come to.
>>
>>336005856
>all for revenge
- A japanese character
>>
>>336010918
Except all of that is tertiary. How exactly does Big Boss betray the Medic? Big Boss ensures The Medic is roused from his coma and personally rescues him from an attempt on his life, and helps him escape from the Cypress hospital.

Now which iteration of the Cypress sequence is canonical? Supposedly "The Truth" is, and the doctors actually skingraft BB's face to him after he wakes up and consents to it. ... And only debilitation in mind or mental conditioning can be used to explain Venom forgetting that. If "The Awakening" was canon then, in context, the Medic woke up with BB's face and requested he be given his own face back but he didn't get it because Quite interrupted the doctors willing to go through with the procedure.

BB wasn't responsible for the mental conditioning Zero put the Medic through, and I feel that doing a Face-off is more Zero's speed than BB's in the case of "The Awakening". And from The Truth tapes he reportedly only woke up shortly before the Medic did. Regardless of the face continuity once the game kicks off what does BB do? He saves his life, provides him medical attention, arms him, helps him escape, and facilitates him taking command of a PMC.

The only betrayal the game presents is between BB and Miller. That Miller wasn't brought in on the deception of the Medic. Which might have been a nice point to explore, but I can't blame BB on that because Miller was COMPLETELY FUCKING INSANE and I wouldn't have trusted him with the location of my beef jerky stash.
>>
>>336009075
I seriously thought for a while that it was Kojima's intention to have snake kill the kids, but Konami scrapped it and that was why the game was unfinished and Kojima was fired.

But it doesn't fit in with the ending
>>
>>336013461
it's cyprus
>>
>Trailer from 2013
>Has 90% of the cutscenes from the 2015 game
What the fuck was Kojima doing?
>>
>>335998052
I wonder how people can call Kojima a hack when he can make trailers like that. He was always in charge of trailers, so evidentally he is capable of great storytelling, but admittedly he made some very bad key decisions as well as possibly fucked up the production process (it could have also been Konami but we will not know for years to come).

All in all it's a real shame, from the lacklaster camps, especially how they are by the endgame (they say that the "true game" starts in FOBs but I never got into them) to the execution of many parts of the story.

I still hope that Kojima will deliver something great at some point, but his focus on smaller games/smaller teams is worrying, yet there is still a chance.
>>
>>336012789
no
>>
File: Shyamalan.jpg (36 KB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
Shyamalan.jpg
36 KB, 350x300
>>336013796
Probably because it reeks of a hack movie director with trailers that were entirely saved in editing. Also ending on a forced TWIST doesn't help the association.
>>
>>336000518
Nacho kinda people was fucking great
>>
>>336002493
I fucking hate it when stealth games give you tons of cool lethal and loud weapons but then shame you for using them.
>>
>>336006172
>>336006540
I'm fairly sure Ocelot never spun or fired his revolvers in the game.
>>
>>336006984
The tapes are fucking shit, you can't even listen to them on the field because Ocelot will randomly start prattling over them
>>
>>336014450
Filmmaking is editing though, and in this case I was talking about Kojima being in charge just that, so he knew how to make something that looked good at least as far as trailers go, which is already a major accomplishment (just look at most videogame and movie trailers).

The twist never bothered me that much: i was spoiled weeks before the launch, so i was okay with seeing this as a story of venom who ended up being best boy with best voice.
>>
>>336015760
>Venom
>best boy
It's people who like self insert characters with no personality that allowed MGSV to happen.
>>
>>336015760
>Filmmaking is editing though
Which is why it's a terrible, terrible juxtaposition that the marketing department can be cited it better than the project staff.
>>
>>336015353
cut out the part where an angsty brit clone murders his ass
>>
>>336016518
>implying it wasn't ocelot
>>
Does anyone have that screencap about Snake confronting Huey where he has a stroke?
>>
>>336016119
He likes dogs, is accepting of autistic obligatory "people here should appreciate this" meme, stoic, a man of action, not words, puts safety of his people ahead of his own, has a terrible sense of smell, is accepting of every race and gender (will kill every fucker without prejudice). As I've said, best boy.
>>
>>336000518

Red Band trailer is literally one of the greatest trailers ever made.
>>
>>335998052
So many amazing trailers for this game.

It's a shame it will never be the game it could have been, fuck Konami.

It's still great, but it could have been amazing.
>>
>>336017081
its the worst one of the bunch
>>
elegia trailer is the best one desu
>>
>>336017094
>it will never be the game it could have been

and what's that, a 5 hour long linear cutscene fest? lol
>>
File: 1460202972662.jpg (66 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
1460202972662.jpg
66 KB, 500x377
>>335998490
Ground Zeroes was a step in the right direction, they could have easily done Camp Omega and added a bit more to focus on the level design.
>>
>>336016119
its a video game, not a movie, fag
>>
>Venom is voiced by KS
>BB will be voiced by DH
>Episode 3 will come out as DLC, you'll see!
>>
>>336017334
Hayterfags still clinging to false hope I see
>>
>>336012789
The worst part is that there's still some tards that will await impatiently the next turd that hackjima drops.

>>336013772
Nanomachines, son.
>>
File: 1445018746080.jpg (103 KB, 442x740) Image search: [Google]
1445018746080.jpg
103 KB, 442x740
>tfw game was filler
>bosses were lame mook non characters
>the open world made it too easy to hide and run away
>the first and last missions were the only exciting ones
>>
>>336002318
>You feel it, too, don't you?

So... this.. is... the phantom pain..
>>
I liked it
>>
File: 100sad.jpg (45 KB, 442x740) Image search: [Google]
100sad.jpg
45 KB, 442x740
I remember literally shedding a tear of joy watching that trailer on August 31st just before going to bed. The wait was finally over.

I should have died in my sleep.
>>
Stop making these kind of threads, you faggots

I'm crying again
>>
>>335998490
No.
Badly done open world was a mistake.
>>
>>336017227
Ground Zeroes was almost perfect. It had a spacious environment, but the level design was not overly accommodating, especially once you got inside the base itself.

I would have taken 10+ Ground Zeroes-size maps over the massive environments we got any day.
>>
>>336000518
>They gave Big Boss the horn and prosthetic when he was on the motorbike to hide their shitty twist
Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
>>
>>335998052
MGSV killed Metal Gear.
>>
So I've had every PS console and never played an MGS until Phantom Pain.

No regrets because it was only $15 but I'm like 4% and it's all...the fucking same...sneaking into a base then killing some dude or kidnapping him or stealing something....

Is this what you guys don't like? Or is this simply, in your eyes, the result of making an MGS game open world?

Wish I'd played the previous so I could tell the difference...
>>
File: 1452120232366.png (522 KB, 599x685) Image search: [Google]
1452120232366.png
522 KB, 599x685
>>336004667
>steeled myself in preparation for the pain of witnessing Big Boss go mad, lose his closest friends and allies, become a completely morally reprehensible war criminal and stop at nothing, even torture, child soldiers or nuclear weapons, all for revenge and self-consuming hatred
>my face when it was all for nothing and after TPP Big Boss is more heroic and saintly than ever before
>>
>>336019258
And they still gave away their shitty twist with the "What about him?" line.
>>
>>336020615
Still had a chance to be Chico until Kojima didn't properly lie about it.
>>
File: 1436316188305.jpg (148 KB, 800x1107) Image search: [Google]
1436316188305.jpg
148 KB, 800x1107
Why?
>>
>tfw mgsv is one of the greatest games of all time and /v/ is too blinded by self-conceived images of games to realize it

Admittedly it could've been finished though
>>
>>336019667
Yeah exactly.
The previous games feel like a roller coaster of fun while MGSV is like your weekday jobs doing a checklist of stuff.
>>
>>336000631
This
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 55

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.