[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got into WoW one week ago and I'm having a blast. Get fucked,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 238
Thread images: 44
File: 1431115982671.jpg (432 KB, 2835x1498) Image search: [Google]
1431115982671.jpg
432 KB, 2835x1498
Got into WoW one week ago and I'm having a blast.

Get fucked, nostalgia fags, you'll never get your hugbox realms.
>>
>>335995290
:^)
>>
>>335995290
Nice blogpost, I'd rather never have legacy servers than have your shit taste. Just question, why are you fishing here for (You)s if it's that great game? Ran out of garrison missions already for today? ;^)
>>
>>335995290
>you'll never get your hugbox realms.

Blizzard invited the Nost team to their HQ in California. And they've already given out an official response. It's been on the table for a long time.

I personally have no interest in them since vanilla was largely unfinished, and had a ton of useless spells, bad itemization, and everything else.

But isn't that what made WoW great? It was so bad (unfinished) that it was good?
>>
Enjoy your 4mil over 12Mil players at its peak. Game is dead, been dead since WOTLK. Nearly impossible to gear up a DPS anymore unless you take money out of your gold sink, which is only going to hike prices this coming expansion.
>>
>>335995290
We have free pirvate servers, for free. Thanks you, see you in your garrison.
>>
One week ago? Like just now?
I mean obviously you're going to like it then. You can't really compare your current experience to anything else.
>>
>>335995458
>hello nost team, you guys are invited to run our new Legion Pristine servers!
>>
>>335995398
>I'd rather never have legacy servers than have your shit taste.
the game is good as it is

kys

>why are you fishing here for (You)s if it's that great game?
???

>Ran out of garrison missions already for today?
no

I gotta wait 10 more mins because I left an instance because of the autistic group I was put in

>>335995458
>Blizzard invited the Nost team to their HQ in California. And they've already given out an official response. It's been on the table for a long time.

source: my ass

>>335995538
>private servers

they're illegal my good goy, enjoy having a carrot up your ass daily until blizz shuts those down too

>>335995550
>One week ago? Like just now?

no

one (1) week ago
>>
>>335995521
Have you considered a guild? I've had no issues gearing my DPS Warrior and we're currently 11/13 Mythic. Admittedly we've been a lot slow on the draw but I don't think we're in a hurry.

>>335995568
This wouldn't surprise me.
>>
>>335995692
http://www.gamezone.com/news/blizzard-invites-mark-kern-and-the-nostalrius-team-to-private-meeting-3436537
>>
>>335995290
Although this is a shitty bait, it sure does look like we WILL getr our hugbox realms.
>>
>bought wow to play with friend
>never subbed again
>>
File: happy Tony.jpg (61 KB, 567x800) Image search: [Google]
happy Tony.jpg
61 KB, 567x800
>be playing with my mythic guild
>am one of the officers, recruit lots of people, a handful even stood long term and became core
>be there since wotlk, slowly progressed to becoming one of the pillars
>a guy that just got here a month ago, hasn't even got raider rank whispers me saying he has something of worth to ask me
>he says he's actually the officer of a heroic raiding guild and seeing how I perform I could give him some suggestion
>think to myself I'm gonna play along and pretend I'm interested in his pitiful guild
>say sure, give him the link to a post I made after editing it and fucking up rotation and gliphs
>the day after I log on
>he immediately whispers me screaming how he got kicked from the raid for doing sub par dps all because of my post
>tough luck kiddo
>whisper the GM of his guild, tell him how he's trying to jump ship to get into mine because he thinks you're lame
>he shits himself seeing my guild's name (top 5 worldwide)
>one minute later dumbo has been kicked out of his guild
>tell this in trade chat too adding some more details here and there to make sure no decent guild will ever add him again
>GM of his old guild even gives me his house address at my request
>tell this to Adam (GM of my guild) on Vent and we laugh it off
>he asks the retard to come on vent one day and invites him to our channel
>he's basically crying at this point asking me why I put all that effort into hurting him
>reveal to him that us elite mythic raiders are hardcore about everything we do
>proceed to swat him and his family 4 fun, dog got killed
>>
>>335995692
>the game is good as it is
hahaha, that why they lost 2/3 of their playerbase, right?

Look bub, I don't really give a shit, if blizzard wants my money they either make legacy servers or I simply play GW2 which is worse game than old WoW but it's miles ahead of current WoW, if they want casuals like you, then it's their business and you would do good to go farm tokens up instead of wasting space here with your pretty irelevant opinions and blogposts.
>>
File: 1436480726694.jpg (42 KB, 956x519) Image search: [Google]
1436480726694.jpg
42 KB, 956x519
>>335995521
>player count matters

sure thing

like you're gonna play with all those 12 mil

>>335995749
>>335995790
only thing you'll get is your pristine realms

>>335995791
although true I only play with my friend 2 hours at most

I spend rest of the time alone

>>335995886
>that why they lost 2/3 of their playerbase, right?

source: my ass

people grow up and move on from WoW

>if they want casuals like you
"omg WoW is such hardcore game xD"

WoW was never a hard game in the first place, fuck outta my thread

>wasting space here with your pretty irelevant opinions and blogposts.
you just summed up /v/ you retard
>>
>>335995692
>Blizzard trying to close server in Russia.

Haha, comrade, your American company may suck vodka here. Good luck on that! Hahahaha.

(Disappears into shadows that smells of vodka and suka blyat)
>>
>>335995837

It's not that hard being at the top when all the top guilds recently quit, kek. Don't hold that title like it means anything anymore m8.
>>
>>335996093
Copypasta, anon. Just ignore it.

Also yeah, such a shame to see top guilds calling it quits. Death and Taxes moved onto Wildstar, which is going on Steam in two weeks I think.
>>
>>335996058
>WoW was never a hard game in the first place
And you know this how, exactly? You said you started playing this game 1 week ago, retard.
>>
>>335995837

I'll take shit that literally never happened for 1200 Alex
>>
>>335995290
What's with the sudden influx of people making ludicrous claims that World of WarCraft is still a worthwhile game?

I've never cried shill before, but this just seems obvious.
>>
>>335996204
I'd actually wager that it's just a deluded retailfag trying to convince himself that current WoW is still good. If you check WoW forums, it's full of people like that.
>>
>>335996204
A game being worthwhile is highly subjective. If someone likes the new WoW then they are gonna think it's worthwhile. If someone likes Sonic 06 story they are gonna say it's worthwhile
>>
>>335996058
>WoW was never a hard game in the first place, fuck outta my thread

Ulduar HMs say hi. M'uru pre-nerf says hi. Most of Sunwell says hi pre-nerf. AQ20/40 says hi. Naxx40 says hi. Rank 14 PvP grinding in Vanilla says hi. Shadow Labs Heroic pre-nerf says hi. ICC HMs say hi. Mythic raids say hi. WoD CMs say hi. MoP CMs don't say hi because you could get a BrM tank and laugh all the way to the end.
>>
>>335996058
>player count matters
In old WoW where quest were actually difficult it did, and it felt alive with 3-9k people online as it was with Nost, is there any retail server having 3-9k people online at the same time? And how many of them are out of garrisons and in same 'phase' as you? at this point you can go play Kingdom of Amalur for identical experience
>source: my ass
Getting desperate aren't we? You have entire internet full of information, learn to use it or stop using computers, pic related, they've been losing 1M of player per year and stopped reporting subs because it's still going down and not going up
>WoW was never a hard game in the first place, fuck outta my thread
That's because you started it week ago imbecile, you can't talk about WoW since you have literally zero experience with wow.
>you just summed up /v/ you retard
No, I summed people with shitty postpurchase rationalizations.
>>
>>335996204

>New movie coming out.
>New Expansion coming out.
>Not expecting thinly veiled advertisements on a image-board about Vidya games.

Come on Anon, you're smarter than this. What's left of Blizzard after the budget cuts with the drop of subs...they have to do their best to get people back, otherwise their contract with Activision will finally allow the beast to be laid in rest..
>>
probably the most JUST mmo i ever played was lord of the rings online

anyone else share this feel
>>
File: 1459410028830.gif (2 MB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
1459410028830.gif
2 MB, 320x200
>>335996376
>AQ 20/40

I remember that on release C'Thun was literally impossible to beat with the current best set of gear so Blizzard had to coldfix C'Thun
>>
>>335995290
>paying to have your communications and interactions monitored and corrected by feminazis.
You know chatrooms are basically free, right?
>>
File: stupidity.png (2 KB, 244x226) Image search: [Google]
stupidity.png
2 KB, 244x226
>>335996481

>Reading patchnotes between expansions after WOTLK.

What a fucking nightmare, glad I left at the beginning of MoP. Only took them 3 expansions to finally touch up on rogues.
>>
>>335996481
>probably the most JUST mmo i ever played was lord of the rings online
>anyone else share this feel

I played [/spoiler]Runescape
>>
>>335995290
>got into wow ONE WEEK AGO
>thinks he knows anything about the game at all
>clearly baits nostcucks
>they still eat it up

fucking pathetic
>>
>>335996630
I think it was because Blizzard didn't expect players to get to C'thun so soon. Didn't they post something that his damage numbers weren't final?
>>
tbqh WoW didn't really become good until TBC
>>
File: 1460092602682.gif (160 KB, 430x270) Image search: [Google]
1460092602682.gif
160 KB, 430x270
>>335996868
I think it was something like that. But it was so long ago that I don't remember all the details.
>>
>that guy who spends money to be contrarian to a bunch of virgins over the Internet
You could at least have gotten a good game with that money. You know /v/ hates everything, so it wouldn't be hard to just play something you actually like.
>>
Blizzard seems really desperate to get more players. I just got an email that they've given me Warlords (+mists it seems) and 7 days of game time for free.

No Blizzard, I quit at Cataclysm and I won't be buying your shitty future expansions either.
>>
>>335996942
WotLK was where things got good, got weird, and got bad.

The sub numbers show that, but I think what really people wanted to do was quit the game because a lot of people viewed Arthas as the final boss of WoW. You see him in WC3 doing all kinds of shit, then sitting on the throne with the Helm of Domination.

I think a lot of people subbed just to kill Arthas then leave after making him kiss dirt.

>>335997170
I wouldn't be surprised. A lot of people had issues with Twin Emps (understandably). Same thing with M'uru, who was literally impossible pre-nerf. Our best attempt pre-nerf was 75% because shit was just hitting too damn hard.
>>
File: 1458695673865.jpg (47 KB, 400x529) Image search: [Google]
1458695673865.jpg
47 KB, 400x529
>Considering getting back into wow after all this nost shit drummed up interest
>Haven't played since 5.1
>OG blizzard authenticator's battery died
>Stopped using the email my account was associated with

How much bullshit would I have to go through to get back on my old account?
>>
>>335996070
not from russia

>>335996170
I've played a shitton of MMOs in my time including GW 1 and 2 and RuneScape for a long time, WoW is not special, they're all the same

>>335996204
yeah, getting convinced to buy the game and then convincing other friends to get it so I can get 1 month of free sub makes me a "shill"

>>335996376
it was because you have shit gear

>>335996379
>muh game feeling alive and shieet

>Getting desperate aren't we? You have entire internet full of information, learn to use it or stop using computers
if you're gonna come up with an argument show the source, otherwise I can just tell you're a quintuple nigger and tell you to google it yourself if you ask for source

>That's because you started it week ago imbecile, you can't talk about WoW since you have literally zero experience with wow.

>125 hours logged on
>"you've got no experience!!"

>No, I summed people with shitty postpurchase rationalizations.
no, you summed up /v/, every1 posts their opinion
>>
>>335995290
>Got into WoW one week ago and I'm having a blast.
Sure you are.
>>
>>335997362
Basic game comes with everything up to MoP. Warlords is now $10.

Plus hey, you got seven days. Might as well use them I wouldn't call it desperate unless they offered you gold, a new mount, and various other things.

I'd call what you got as simple marketing. Give people bait and a hook and hope it works.

>>335997401
You'd have to talk to a service rep to get all that shit up to snuff like replacing your email address, removing your authenticator, etc.

If you want a free one, and don't have a phone, download bluestacks and you can download the app.
>>
>>335997367

There were guilds that killed Mu'ru pre nerf but I'll never understand how....I think my guild did similarly to yours and then we kill him and KJ the first day they got nerfed.

It was a somber victory
>>
File: 1454305581639.png (11 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
1454305581639.png
11 KB, 408x408
>>335996859
I'm just baiting nostalgia fags at this point

Same with RuneScape, nostalgia fags are the worst there is in a community
>>
>>335997431
>it was because you have shit gear

I don't think you know how what you're talking about anymore.
>>
>>335997514
>I'd call what you got as simple marketing.

Blizzard never gives stuff for free, throwing free expansions at people smells of desperation to me.
>>
>>335997401
Not much, as long as you have one of your CD-keys
>>
>>335997564
Nostalgia gods are the best it's you frogposters that ruin everything
>>
>>335997367

I remember Sapphiron in Naxx 40. Holy shit if you didn't pack frost resistance he would just wipe the floor with you.
>>
>>335997598

I know I have the install discs for everything but I don't remember if I have the boxes or not...were the CD keys printed on the slip covers for the discs or in the box somewhere?
>>
>>335997597
Considering WoD is $10, they can afford the netloss. However if it was more expensive, I highly doubt they'd just give you WoD.

I don't blame you for logging into WoW, but maybe something might make you come back in Legion. Might want to get your account shit fixed at least.

>>335997668
Everyone in my raid had 200+ FrR for Sapph and even then the fucker hit like a damn truck. BC was around the corner and we were just getting burnt out on Naxx40. We never could down Sapph in time before pre-patch. After pre-patch went live, we went in and melted fucking everything.

>>335997707
The keys were on the CD cases themselves. Battlechests had them printed on the booklet, and newer physical copies have them printed on a piece of paper inside the box.
>>
>>335997707
Should be on a sticker in the CD box thing. Don't do it though bro, wow is shit.
>>
>>335997597
More like the game has so many expansions that it wouldn't be really that appealing to spend 40 dollars for all the old expansions + the new expansions price just to get to the newer content from a consumer's point of view.
>>
>>335997863

Found my burning crusade discs....yeah, it's on the disc one slip cover.

>>335997926

Recommend another MMO that's not FFXIV and not running on a private server and maybe I wont....but those 10 years I spent are getting harder and harder to forget lately, especially with Legion on the horizon.
>>
File: 5ce.png (59 KB, 500x319) Image search: [Google]
5ce.png
59 KB, 500x319
>>335997431
>muh game feeling alive and shieet
It's MMO so that's valid argument, glad you have nothing to counter it.
>if you're gonna come up with an argument show the source, otherwise I can just tell you're a quintuple nigger and tell you to google it yourself if you ask for source
You already got it, it's numbers directly from blizzard, anything else bub? I'm not really going to spoonfeed tech-iliterate people who should've stayed on tablet and smartphones in the first place, people like you are reason why using PC should require licence.
>125 hours logged on
...I have thousands and you faggot newbie make me waste text on you..? Also I said experience WITH WoW, the game that you can't play anymore because blizzard shut downs servers, yours 125h in Clash of Clans 3D: WoW Themed Edition simply makes you unqualified to have relevant opinion on World of Warcraft or anything Warcraft in general
>no, you summed up /v/, every1 posts their opinion
even then, no matter the angle you're looking at it,your opinion is simply wrong

All in all, this is my last reply to you unless your reply is entertaining or actually relevant(so far it wasn't), keep being proud feminist who make games worse every year, I'll probably die before finishing my backlog so I'm pretty content unlike you who will never ever stop making these threads because you have nothing to do in your game.
>>
>>335998220
GW2

It's bad, but not as bad as retail WoW, you don't really have choice in 2016
>>
>>335997362
they didnt give me shit
>>
>>335996630
I was so pissed when they hit Yogg with that stupid health nerf.

Hes a fucking lovecraft-esque manifestation of fear let him be hard holy shit
>>
>>335998220
You could, you know, not lay MMOs.
>>
>>335998286

I would rather take retail WoW over the steaming diarrhoea that's GW2
>>
>>335998286

I'll give it a look. Was also considering wildstar but that looks pretty dead atm.

>>335998638

And smokers could stop smoking. We all have our vice friend.
>>
File: we sjw toxicity now.png (144 KB, 992x420) Image search: [Google]
we sjw toxicity now.png
144 KB, 992x420
This is now a ''We laugh at 18 year old triggered SJW's with pink hair on th WoW forums'' - thread.
>>
>decide to see what WoD is all about
>log in, start a new priest
>a fucking LV4 passes me by on a mount
>whisper him like "dude you on a mount at lv4 is blowing my mind right now"
>"yeah they released an heirloom for mounts gives you a personal driver, allows you to mount right away"

WHAT THE FUCK?

So I move on and then I realize

Shadow Word Pain does damage upon initial hit now and an extra 86 damage. HOLY FUCKING COW compared to WOTLK where it does like 60 damage over 15 seconds and that's it.

Smite only costs 2 mana, guessing spells are percentual cost now. I remember casting Smite 3-4 times and running out of mana.

Kill like 12 mobs and I'm LV3. Changed game man..
>>
File: hamustaa.jpg (95 KB, 529x797) Image search: [Google]
hamustaa.jpg
95 KB, 529x797
I quit about two weeks into Pandaria

today I got an email from Blizzard saying they gave me free WoD and 7 days of free game time

Luckily they also advertised the level 90 character boosts which was the main reason I didn't even care about trying WoD in the first place

into le trash it went
>>
>>335998749
The catch is for the heirloom mount is you had to college a good number of heirlooms, which requires a good bit of gold/farming. New players won't have access to them at all.

Spells scale by level, and increase in mana cost. Plus health/spirit regen before Level 30 is fairly high, so you have good leveling momentum early on. After a while it balances out.
>>
>>335995290
DELETE THIS!!!!!
Nice falseflagging
>>
>>335998896
Wow I cannot type today. You have to collect a good number of heirlooms in order to get it.
>>
>>335998789
Same here. Played most of wow all the time until towards the middle of both Wotlk and Cata (where I didn't play, only beginning and end), and after two weeks in Pandaria I quit the game and haven't touched it since.

The game is just no longer appealing, I want Vanilla>TBC>Wotlk back. But if I had to choose from one, I'd choose Vanilla.
>>
>>335998896
I saw quite a bunch of people on mounts though, seems like gold is over-abundant.

Also that's really nice, Priests were god awful to level before at least now I feel like I'm moving along at the same pace as other people.
>>
>>335998724
>"How can it be a letter if it's a video?"

OH FUCK SON
>>
File: 1244810352515.jpg (50 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1244810352515.jpg
50 KB, 640x480
>>335998789
I see nothing wrong with a game trying to reach out to you, giving you something for free in order to bring you back.

I can't think of a game company these days that does that sort of thing
>>
>>335998983

> I want Vanilla>TBC>Wotlk back. But if I had to choose from one, I'd choose Vanilla.

I don't get this.....I know people have fond memories of it but as far as game balance goes it was a trainwreck that BC/Wotlk completely fixed.

>>335998789

>Offered you WoD for free

Interesting....I wonder if there's an email from them rotting on my old email address (or if they'll extend the offer to me when I call customer service and assign my new one to it for that matter).
>>
File: kyock with the NX news.jpg (97 KB, 919x1079) Image search: [Google]
kyock with the NX news.jpg
97 KB, 919x1079
>>335999061
I see character boost services like that as an insult to the core idea of a persistent world MMORPG that just reminds me of the facebook game nature that WoW has become
>>
Blizzard "devs" are so far up their own asses at this point the game cant be salvaged
>>
>>335999167
This

It's all about getting to endgame ASAP now and when you get there, you find out there's TWO FUCKING RAIDS.
>>
>>335999172

Ghostcrawler has been seen talking obscene amounts of shit about them now that he's with Riot. It's kind of funny desu.
>>
>>335999163
>I don't get this.....I know people have fond memories of it but as far as game balance goes it was a trainwreck that BC/Wotlk completely fixed.
Well there would obviously be some minor patching to address the most obviously glaring balance issues. But even without them, Vanilla has the largest amount of content for people to enjoy. I just hate the idea of dead content, I HATE dead content.
>>
File: 1435533864645.jpg (112 KB, 597x519) Image search: [Google]
1435533864645.jpg
112 KB, 597x519
>>335999252
I miss being a ret paladin and suffering under the tyranny of Ghostcrawler.
>>
>>335999252
he's part of the reason wow has slowly been decaying into what we see today
>>
>>335999325
>Being a Ret Paladin during 3.3.5 and such WOTLK
HOLY SHIT I'M A WINGED WARRIOR OF LIGHT AND DEATH, GET OUT OF MY WAY YOU FUCKING MONGRELS.
>>
File: 1451980385619.jpg (49 KB, 503x640) Image search: [Google]
1451980385619.jpg
49 KB, 503x640
>>335999381
>mfw divine storm ignored armor and dealt unresistable holy damage
>>
>>335999051
Those are people that roll alts and want to powerlevel and boost them, but don't want to shell out $60.

>>335999167
Yeah, it's an insult, but people are willing to pay for it. It's there, it's in front of you, but you don't have to do it. To be fair though, all your doing is saving a few days time and some grinding.

>>335999381
>>335999424
You carried guilds because of your retardedly high DPS. After the nerfs, you got in the back of the raid and healed again.
>>
>>335999424
ICC was so fun for Paladins too because they finally got to use Holy Wrath in their rotation. DPS shot up like 200% because of it.

>>335999484
He didn't seem that much faster than me though. I reached Goldshire about 20 seconds earlier than him. If you're going to power level.. at least do it right.

Also a Paladin at 6k gearscore still did respectable damage in ICC because of Holy Wrath alone.
>>
>>335999484
>You carried guilds because of your retardedly high DPS. After the nerfs, you got in the back of the raid and healed again.
I was an officer in a competitve raiding guild, from start of Wotlk to finish in Ulduar as Ret Paladin, always top 3 dps.

t. Androme from The Venture Co (EU)
>>
File: 1458954219225.jpg (13 KB, 250x242) Image search: [Google]
1458954219225.jpg
13 KB, 250x242
>>335999558
>ICC was so fun for Paladins too because they finally got to use Holy Wrath in their rotation. DPS shot up like 200% because of it.
My guild died before we experienced ICC :( I never got to fight against Arthas on my Retardin
>>
>>335999558
Heirloom mount doesn't give you much speed, but is an overall speed boost.

>>335999562
Not surprised. I rolled Blood DK for DPS, back when it was a great DPS spec, but after we lost Hysteria and overall DPS abilities, swapped over to Unholy. Went back to Warrior and stay there. RIP Blood DPS.
>>
>>335999252
Too bad he was part of the problem
Also
>Riot
>Any better than blizzard
They have the exact same fucking problem except stupid people are eating their shit up

>>335999325
>>335999381
>>335999424
Times like those will never come back will they?
>>
>>335999727
That's also one of the reasons why pre-The sh*ttering WoW was good, because the various specializations weren't ''This is DPS and nothing else'' or ''This is tank and nothing else'', they were MEANT for certain roles, but with creative use of abilities, mechanics and items, players could make so much more of what we had, than simply comforming to intended roles.
>>
>>335999823
To be fair to DKs, DK tanks required a good mishmash of talents that were spread across all three talent trees until most people said fuckall and dumped everything into Unholy because of Blight.
>>
>>335999815
>Times like those will never come back will they?
We will very likely get Legacy servers. WoW is finished and Blizzard will have to make do with Overwatch and Hearthstone (Hots and Starcraft is dead also) unless they make WoW profitable again. The only way to make WoW long-term profitable, in my opinion, or atleast for the next 5-6 years, is through Vanilla>Tbc>Wotlk servers.
>>
>>335999727
God I loved blood dps during Ulduar and even into ToC, quit my DK after they fucked it up.

Also rip original unholy abilities/talents
>>
>>335999823

With the exception of death knights I can agree with you but it was probably hard for them to balance all three of their specs as dps and tank.

>>335999815

Not saying he wasn't, just amused by it.

This thread isn't helping me stay off wow damnit.......horrible xpac be damned I still want to log back in after all the attention nost got the game.
>>
>>335995290
>I'm having a blast.
You think you do but you don't.
>>
>>335999950
Wait until pre-patch if you want. OR play the PTR. It'll kill the urges fairly quickly.
>>
File: Dolph3.png (471 KB, 756x571) Image search: [Google]
Dolph3.png
471 KB, 756x571
>>335999890
I would only play if they did some kind of rotation for the patches like slowly going through the tiers of TBC/Wrath again every couple of months

As much as I loved WoW ive played the content already, I want new stuff with the spirit of the old game
>>
>>335999890

They could easily backpedal on some of the asinine changes they threw in during cata and wod (namely raid finder, garrisons, and the ability pruning) that made the game what it is today and it would go back to being something enjoyable. They just wont for reasons I'll never understand (pride most likely).
>>
>>335999999
>>
>>336000039

>OR play the PTR. It'll kill the urges fairly quickly.

You saying Legion looks bad?
>>
File: 1461715430610.png (54 KB, 10000x8312) Image search: [Google]
1461715430610.png
54 KB, 10000x8312
I just logged in to my battlenet account for the first time in years and it seems someone else have been using it.
Apparently I have Diablo 3 and I have been banned from it.
The password is still the same and the authenticator is still active.

What the fuck is going on?
>>
>>336000165
you were just drunk
>>
>>336000165
It's time I told you the truth, in your sleep I possess your mind and walk you around like a puppet, playing your games, drinking your drinks, eating your snacks and fucking your mom.
>>
>>335999950
I thought the same thing, friend got me WoD on sale for christmas, its not the same friend.

The game is an empty husk, theres no reason to interact with anyone, somehow they managed to completely fuck professions after MoP doing really well with them.
Tanaan is possibly the worst area they have ever added to the game. Its like they took the shitty parts of every daily island and mashed it into a generic demon zone.

For me raids have never been as fulfilling since they added LFR it just really seems to done down the accomplishment even after being them on heroic, I cant find enough enjoyment in the game to try for mythic.
Garrison is pretty much log in press button, get reward 6 hours later, repeat.
WoD had possibly the worst leveling experience of any expansion in every zone. Cata had its problems but half of Uldum was good and Atlantis was interesting
>>
>>336000069
>Raid Finder

Won't happen. Some players want to experience the story without investing in a raid guild. Understandable since being in a raid guild is like a job these days. Others just do not have time to raid. I myself couldn't raid in MoP and LFR was a godsend.

>garrisons

Hated them. Thankfully they'll go away in Legion in a sense. The current system in the alpha at the moment is incomplete from what they're saying, and even, you have to send your followers out to help gather quests for you, so followers have more purpose I guess?

>ability pruning

tl;dr - I'll take an ability that gives me five options over an ability that gives me just one option.

I suppose there's a subject that has been kinda a thing for some people. Ability pruning. My logic is, I don't mind reducing ability numbers. It's more about having options. If one ability has five options it has more value over an ability with one option. Pruning is only a problem if every ability is linear/boring/limited. Funny thing is, there's a decent number of abilities that are kind of like that. Buttons that are essentially one note, but always there. I guess my logic is flawed since "one note" abilities have their uses, and some are useful. Kinda like Recklessness. It's a damage boost, and nothing more. Compared to something like, Leap of Faith, which has multiple uses in PvP or PvE. I know it's comparing apples to oranges but I still stand by the logic that if an ability gives me five options, I'll take it over an ability that just gives me one option.

>>336000126
No. I'm saying if you want to resist temptation, playing the PTR. Doesn't require a sub, anon.

>>336000165
Talk to Blizzard, see what they say. You might get unbanned, and a free game.
>>
>>336000424
What was Leap of Faith again
Life Grip? Pull a friendly to you?
>>
>>336000512
Yes. Priest version of Deathgrip. There are also glyphs that pulled YOU toward them.
>>
>>336000553
That's pretty neat. I like how they changed Disc Priests, GOTTA GO FAST in low level 5 mans.
>>
Anyone else randomly receive free Warlords of Draenor and 7 days gametime out of nowhere? I might redownload and check out my old characters for the sake of nostalgia.
>>
>>336000648
Four others, according to this thread.
>>
>>336000648
Yeah dude everyone did

>My old Rogue still wearing twink gear
oh man
>LV13 Warrior with Blacksmithing/Mining full in Westfall
>+2 damage enchant on weapon
remember professions actually helping out during leveling?
>>
>>336000512

Yes

>>336000424

I'm not sure what was lost since I haven't actually played WoD but I mained a hunter and I hear we lost some shit I really loved like trap launcher and disengage.... I also wasn't that pleased with how they just scrambled most of the pet abilities and made exotic ones less valuable to have.

Again though, I haven't actually played so I don't know how bad it is....but I liked the myriad of abilities my hunter had. I hear they also took away my favorite ability to cast on my druid, Symbiosis.

>No. I'm saying if you want to resist temptation, playing the PTR. Doesn't require a sub, anon.

Playing the PTR wont get me caught up on all the damned MoP rep and battle pets (sue me, they're fun) I missed out on though sadly.
>>
Except they are. Get wrecked retail cucks.
>>
>>336000706
Professions are getting a near complete rework in Legion so that's something to consider. Not many professions helped with leveling, and when they did, felt situational.

>>336000732
Disengage is a core ability. Trap Launcher is a core ability. Unsure what you lost in Legion since I do not play Hunters at all.

And yes, they scrambled a lot of pet abilities from my understanding.

Symbiosis was too good an ability. Remember that item that dropped from a rare that let you have a symbiosis ability for free every hour? Almost everyone had it because of how good it was.

It was just too good, anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3024x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3024x3024
Kronos is the second coming of Christ, fuck blizzard and fuck what wow has become. Vanilla WoW is perfect.
>>
>>336000706
no

only alchemy because of them pots

everything else was useless when leveling
>>
>>336000905

>Symbiosis was too good an ability

Can't argue there, it was just fun to have.

I guess I really do just need to dive back into the fire and see how bad it's gotten.....if there really is a free week waiting for me it's not like I have anything to lose.
>>
>>335995290
>wodbabby
>not dwelling in the biggest hugbox of them all
enjoy your garrison, cuck :^)
>>
File: Wow-64 2015-11-17 17-16-24-82.jpg (711 KB, 3200x1800) Image search: [Google]
Wow-64 2015-11-17 17-16-24-82.jpg
711 KB, 3200x1800
>That awesome feeling when having a great time with Warlords
>>
File: 1460824041692.jpg (13 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1460824041692.jpg
13 KB, 640x640
>>336001132
>great time with Warlords
>>
>>336001162
It's almost as if people like and enjoy different things. Who knew?
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 893x893) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 893x893
>>336000986
>butter keks
>>
>>336001202
What do you enjoy about garrisons and 1-100 in 5 hours?
>>
>>336001132
Great time doing what? There's no content in WoD
>>
>>336001132

WoD has a lot of problems but Spires of Arak might be my favourite zone, right up there with vanilla Stonetalon Mountains and Vashj'ir.
>>
File: 1452377229346.png (115 KB, 600x488) Image search: [Google]
1452377229346.png
115 KB, 600x488
>>336000986
>Vanilla WoW is perfect.

Vanilla WoW was a complete train wreck in terms of balance
>>
>>336001381
i know. it was great, wasn't it? no hand holding, no guarantees, just the constant threat of a fucking faggot rogue wanting to spoil your day off questing in stv
>>
>>336001381
>muh esports
>>
>>336001302
I rarely stay in my garrison since I'm picking off achievements, farming, and raiding Mythics with my guild.

I also don't level alts so it doesn't bother me.

As for what I think, garrisons aren't bad but Blizzard made them bad. 1-100 in 5 hours requires heirlooms or RaF.

>>336001343
-Farming mounts
-Completing the Brawler's Guild, including getting all challenge card achievements to get the epic shirt.
-Picking off easy achievements you otherwise missed.
-Alts
-Getting pets you missed.
-Getting mounts you want/missed.
-Farming reputation for factions that might otherwise disappear one day, made far more difficult to farm for, or otherwise.
-Farming for titles.
-Roll an alt on an RP server. Just avoid Goldshire on Moon Guard.
-Level professions and secondary professions.
-Look at the things being offered in Legion on a class and consider swapping to that class instead (and in turn getting max level 700 to all professions and secondary for that character).
-Collect and farm for toys.
-Collect all recipes for a profession including secondary professions. Good luck with Cooking.
-Farm gold for Legion. Try to hit gold cap with a character.
>>
Let's crash this blizzcuck thread with no survivors. Pristine servers or legacy servers with updated graphics and animations?
>>
>>336001440
>just the constant threat of a fucking faggot rogue wanting to spoil your day off questing in stv

More like a Warlock critting you for 10k damage :^)
>>
File: 1360715606281.jpg (36 KB, 287x379) Image search: [Google]
1360715606281.jpg
36 KB, 287x379
>Recently renewed my sub
>Choose pvp realm to start new character on
>Finish the starting zone and suddenly remember
>Flying Fucking Mounts.
>Suddenly despair
World PvP is dead, no point in stopping to smell the flowers anymore and arena is dominated by healfags. FML.
I will shill the hell out of pristine servers if they do one simple thing: make it so flying mounts are limited to certain areas again.
>>
>>336001504
dogshit tier content
>>
File: Wow-64 2015-11-18 23-01-14-09.jpg (321 KB, 3200x1800) Image search: [Google]
Wow-64 2015-11-18 23-01-14-09.jpg
321 KB, 3200x1800
>>336001343
Raids
Challenge dungeons
Brawler's guild
Pet battles
Transmogrification
Profession leveling
Reputations
Roleplaying
Proving grounds
Tanaan Jungle events and dailies
Achievements
Leveling alts
Zone questlines
Treasure hunting
Battlegrounds
Arenas
Ashran
Timewalking dungeons
Fishing
Archeology
Legendary questline
Mount, toy, heirloom and pet collecting

>b-but there's nothing to do
Wew lad
>>
>>336001440

>No class balance
>Hybrid specs healed, period
>Only 1 tank class out of three actually got to tank
>40 man raids were usually 18-22 competent people and a bunch of chimps who didn't know fire burned

I loved vanilla too but come on man....
>>
>>336001504
>-Farming mounts
>-Completing the Brawler's Guild, including getting all challenge card achievements to get the epic shirt.
>-Picking off easy achievements you otherwise missed.
>-Getting pets you missed.
>-Getting mounts you want/missed.
>-Farming reputation for factions that might otherwise disappear one day, made far more difficult to farm for, or otherwise.
>-Farming for titles.
>-Look at the things being offered in Legion on a class and consider swapping to that class instead (and in turn getting max level 700 to all professions and secondary for that character).
>-Collect and farm for toys.
I hope you're fucking kidding, right?
>>
File: first charge.webm (3 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
first charge.webm
3 MB, 852x480
>>336001132
>as opposed to having a great time palying an actual MMO
>>
>>336001582
i thought you meant pvp balance
>>
>>336001569
More than 75% of that is not content
>>
>>336001568
Opinions, buttholes, everyone has one, etc.

>>336001587
WoW has plenty to offer. You merely have to find it.
>>
>>336001565

>asshurt about flying mounts

Stay mad, I have no sympathy for people like you
>>
>>336001569
Most of that stuff became irrelevant or it's completely dead, that's pretty sad.
>>
>>336001648
>WoW has plenty to offer. You merely have to find it.
But... No, it doesn't, that's the point. You're nitpicking to have something to write to pretend it's fulfilling content.
>>
>>336001613

>Stealing world dragons from other guilds

This is the one thing about old wow that I legit miss
>>
>>336001565
Get over it, there are other ways to play the game baby.
>>
>>336001714
I see it as a checklist of things to do and offers me something to do as a player. Something to do = content in my opinion.

You're just hating for the sake of hating at this point.
>>
File: 1434308215633.jpg (31 KB, 573x609) Image search: [Google]
1434308215633.jpg
31 KB, 573x609
>>335995692
>they are illegal you good goy
>>
File: 1459722453729.jpg (31 KB, 333x333) Image search: [Google]
1459722453729.jpg
31 KB, 333x333
>>336001653
>>336001721
Yeah m8's because fuck social interaction and fuck getting ganked.
Rather just stay in my hugbox known as 100m off the ground.
>>
>>336001720
World boss fights are the most amazing ones they are, if your leadership is decent and can into tactics and strategy.
>tfw once fought 18hours for a dragon spawn
>>
>>336001302
the only good part of the garrison is not fighting with boots for herb/mine nodes
nodes should spawn infinitily and not "daily" so its not a fucking chore to beel forced to do it every week , just like gold misions should multiply its reward if you don't do then every time the coldown its up
>>
>>336001847

I killed plenty of airborne afkers on my hunter by shooting them and parachuting down. Git gud.
>>
>>336001381
>everyone can kill everyone in 2-3 hits
>this isn't balance
go hug a pilar for 3 hours faggot
>>
>>336001952
>can only kill afk shitters in wow nowadays
this game is dead lmao
>>
>>336001582
>No class balance
Never has been, never will be

>Hybrid specs healed, period
>Only 1 tank class out of three actually got to tank
Would have zero impact today, pick according to the role you want to play.

>40 man raids were usually 18-22 competent people and a bunch of chimps who didn't know fire burned
Not true for high end raiding, current wow isn't much better+modern addons make everything quite easy
>>
not even people with active subs want to play wod at this point

unless you're doing old content for giggles there's barely much interesting to do, hopefully legion longevity is a little better.
>>
>>336001909
How else are they going to sucker you into logging in daily to grind for shekels so you can keep playing their shitty game?
>>
File: 1461938951577.png (363 KB, 588x536) Image search: [Google]
1461938951577.png
363 KB, 588x536
>>335995290
>Get fucked, nostalgia fags, you'll never get your hugbox realms.

I can't fukken wait.
>>
>>336001820
>I see it as a checklist of things to do
Exactly, thanks for proving my point.

>You're just hating for the sake of hating at this point.
Fuck off with your SJW rhetoric, I don't give a fuck. And I hate everything after Wotlk because it's shit.
>>
File: 1460138825622.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1460138825622.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
>>336001953
>>336001847

>Mad about pvp balance in a pve focused game

I'm sorry nobody cares

>>336002000

>Never has been, never will be

There was in BC/Wotlk
>>
>>336002005
True. Just waiting on my own sub to run out.
>>
>>336002005
Can confirm.

I'm in alpha and I'm having a lot more fun playing it than live at the moment. I've played alpha more than live in the past two weeks.

wowhead weekly reported that beta would happen in two weeks. I doubt they have any credibility on that statement.

>>336002061
And yet people still sub, and people still play. Haters gonna hate.
>>
>>336002005
I bought into the WoD hype but when i played last year, I was done with Draenor in like two months and spent the rest of my 6 month sub on previous content (i quit early wotlk)
>>
>>336002062
WoW has literally never been balanced. Impossible to do so.
>>
File: 1444138797509.jpg (17 KB, 316x239) Image search: [Google]
1444138797509.jpg
17 KB, 316x239
>>336002190
>tfw Fire Mage
>My best in Slot trinkets are a Strength Trinket with a Crit on-use effect and a Stamina trinket with a Mastery proc
>Both of them are from 5 man's
>mfw having to try and solo mythic 5 man bosses every week
>>
>Got into WoW one week ago
>Get fucked, nostalgia fags
How can you tell nostalgia fags to get fucked when you have only just gotten into the game? The answer is that OP is a liar and is just baiting people who liked the old version of the game. He's been playing WoW for years.

There are also Blizzard shills in this thread.
>>
>>336002154
>And yet people still sub, and people still play.
And there's still people in Mogadishu, people still live there, that doesn't mean Mogadishu has improved over the years, it hasn't, in fact it has grown progressively worse. Same with WoW, sure SOME people still sub, some people still play, but that doesn't mean WoW is good.

You're using nonsensical, non-logical and emotional arguments to argue for your position which is irrational and to which you're emotionally attached because you need to be, because you can't rationally defend your position.
>>
>>336002108
i want to like the game, i really do - but there's not much happening outside of weekly checklists and daily garrison missions, and that's pretty much entirely uninteresting.

oh, and levelling/gearing alts is a giant fucking pain in the dick because of REQUIRED LEGENDARY QUESTS and REQUIRED GARRISON MINMAXING THAT TAKES LIKE THREE MONTHS FUCK :(

>>336002154
legion legitimately looks pretty good, i'm hopeful at the very least - i might end up resubbing for prepatch, there's some class changes i'm looking forward to.

>>336002176
i got like 2 months out of release draenor and tried resubbing for a month just recently to try and at least clear heroic while it was relevant but i'm bored out of my fucking mind on all this stupid fucking forced daily/weekly shit

fuck apexis fuck the dumb forced timegated rep "grinds" that you can't actually poopsock out of the way at all

actually fuck timegated everything and anything except raid lockouts they're kinda-sorta reasonable
>>
File: gre.png (390 KB, 679x498) Image search: [Google]
gre.png
390 KB, 679x498
>>336001636
What is content to you?
>>
File: 1439496892522.jpg (145 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1439496892522.jpg
145 KB, 720x960
>>336002353
It really is all you can do.

My daily routine for the last few weeks have been:
Pug heroic hfc for a few bits of gear to try and reach 730 before I quit.
Clear the cata heroics for more gold just because.
Clear a few old raids for some missing transmog pieces.
Mess with the garrison and shipyard for a chance of more gold.

It's pretty fucking boring. Thank God Blizzard ruined warriors in Legion so my interest in the game could get killed entirely.
>>
>>336002548
You can't hit 730 from Heroic HFC alone. Only Archi drops 730 loot and there's only 2-3 pieces per class.
>>
>>336002502
Content is content, there's no ''what is content for YOU!'' or ''this is content for ME''.

The things you listed are not content, some of them may barely qualify as content, and will at most last for a day or two.
>>
>>336002623
A fully upgraded ring does a good job of boosting ilvl, plus valor upgrades.
>>
File: 1460732248996.png (486 KB, 1013x619) Image search: [Google]
1460732248996.png
486 KB, 1013x619
>>336002623
Guess I'll be stuck at 729 even if I get my heroic tier legs and double Calamities then. Oh well.
>>
>>336002502
>if i post a mocking reaction image, it'll look like i'm right and triggering him
lmao
>>
>>336002548
mine's more or less

do dumb garrison shit on the one character i got to levelcap without killing myself
attempt to pug normal hfc despite 90% of pugs wanting 710ilvl for normal and full fight xp/knowledge
work on loremaster a little (this was actually the most enjoyable part of my month, got nearly all of eastern kingdoms and kalimdor done - one zone left in each, plenty of amusing quest chains)
attempt to do those stupid fucking daily-locked reps for flying and realise i'd literally rather deepthroat a cheesegrater (FUCKING BIRD REP IS AWFUL CHRIST)
maybe do my weekly lockouts for the ring quest that isn't legendary at all and is literally just "do the lockouts you'd do anyway" over 4 months or some shit
internally debate levelling an alt and then realise i don't have draenor flying and redoing a garrison/ring from nothing on every character i feel like levelling is not even remotely appealing
uninstall with a week left on your sub because wod is more depressing than not playing anything
>>
File: wow.png (717 KB, 1996x2688) Image search: [Google]
wow.png
717 KB, 1996x2688
>>336002704
>>336002783
Answer the question
>>
>>335997401
Quite a lot, get ready to send RL documentation
>>
>>336002865
pretty sure all you need is matching photo id

i got an old account back with just that
>>
>>336002848
>Answer the question
I did. Pretending I didn't doesn't win you the argument. You're only confirming to everyone in this thread that the only people who defend retail WoW and shit on Legacy servers are completely unreasonable and delusional
>>
>>336002335
Alright then since you seem to be good at shitting on everything I've said so far, how about you shit out an answer.

What is content to you?
>>
>>336002810
>>336002548
Stop paying for the game, you're enabling Blizzards behaviour and not punishing them for shit decisions.
>>
File: 45.jpg (65 KB, 530x600) Image search: [Google]
45.jpg
65 KB, 530x600
>>336002954
Answer the question.
>>
>>336002992
>What is content to you?
There's no such thing as ''What is content to you'', content is content.
>>
File: 1439495986223.jpg (69 KB, 420x599) Image search: [Google]
1439495986223.jpg
69 KB, 420x599
>>336003041
I've paid for a sub month twice.
Once when I played in the first month of WoD and then for when I resubbed in January. My sub running now is just from wow tokens.
>>
>>336003065
I already have. Content is content, there's no such thing as ''individual definitions'' of content.
>>
>>336003139
Ah right there's wow tokens, forgot about that. That doesn't generate them any revenue, correct?
>>
>>336003163
may I ask what there is to do in vanilla servers that aren't in the list that the guy posted
>>
>>336003041
if you read the post chain up i have three months total sub time for wod or something, maybe two - i'm not even sure.

i like how the base game handles and the aesthetic and the size of things, so i really was hoping i'd be able to at least have enough to keep me busy until legion, but it turns out i was entirely wrong.

>>336003216
wow tokens cost someone more than paying an actual sub, they're like $20 and sub is $15

someone at some point has to buy them for them to be sold
>>
File: Aidain-Gillen-in-Quantum-Break.jpg (75 KB, 1279x678) Image search: [Google]
Aidain-Gillen-in-Quantum-Break.jpg
75 KB, 1279x678
>>336003163
You haven't answered it at all.

Tell me specifically what you think newly content is. Is it dungeons, is it raids?
>>
>>336003287
>You haven't answered it at all.
It doesn't matter how many times you keep repeating this, it'll never become true.
>>
>>336003216
It does. Someone else buys them for way too much and then sell them for gold.

tfw EU prices
>>
cosy game
>>
>>336003103
So by your logic what I posted is content.

Okay.
>>
>>336001504
Most of these things you probably do outside of Draenor though..
>>336001569
Professions are awful in WoD. They don't mean shit and it takes little to no time getting to 700.
Transmog is done outside of WoD because WoD models are shit.
Pet Battles.. ok if you like it, fair enough.
Brawler's Guild is not in WoD
Ashran's awful
Battlegrounds have been since vanilla. not really "new" content.
Treasure hunting was fun, sure ,but once you're out of treasures, you're done. Doesn't take long to gather all treasures.
Leveling alts.. spending 90 levels outside of Draenor. Doesn't count as "things to do in wod"
Achievements.. fair, but again most achievements are probably done from previous expansions.
Roleplaying is not content.
>>
>>336003216
It does, in fact it's along the line of 5 more bucks a pop then a month sub.

What I'm wondering though is who is willing to spend 20 bucks for the same amount of gold you can get from garrisons in like a few week, or even less depending on how many max garrisons you have shitting out gold.
>>
>>336003356
What won't come true? That the question will be answered?
>>
>>336003423
>So by your logic what I posted is content.
>Okay.
Not at all. I just correctly stated that what you pretended was content, is not content at all. And your questions about ''What is content to YOU?'' is an illegitimate question because there's no individual definition of what content is. Content is content. ''Collecting battle pets'' and ''pursuing achievements'' isn't content, it's filler from Blizzard to trick easily entertained retards like you into continuing to pay for the game.
>>
>>336003445
Not a single person in this thread agrees with you, not a single person in this thread finds you funny, you're not getting paid for your posts, you're factually incorrect about everything you've posted.

Just give up.
>>
>>336003518
Tell me about the content there is to do in vanilla
>>
>>336003272
Content
>>
>>336003595
It's not only about the content present (of which there is much more in Vanilla), but also about time investment vs reward. In expansions since Wotlk, there's barely any time investment for massive rewards. From Vanilla to Wotlk, you needed to properly invest time into the game, and you were rewarded appropriatly. Besides that, it was also about the mechanics, the environment, and most of all, the community.

Dungeons and raids required more investment and the reward was appropriate. World pvp and battlegrounds also required more investment, was much more enjoyable (same with pve content) and rewards were appropriate for time invested. The leveling experience took much longer and was much more fun.
>>
>>336003610
stop being a cuck

alts, dungeons, raids, profession farming and gold farming, battlegrounds are all valid "content" when it comes to vanilla.
>>
>>336003559
Why won't you answer the question?
>>
>>336003559
>hurr durr i don't know what content is so i wont answer
>>
>>336001565
In WoD it seems flying mounts were disabled unless there's something I'm missing
>>
>>336004186
You can unlock flying by grinding an achievement.
>>
>>336004186
They re implemented, but it was behind a tedious grind on 3 new rep factions, along with other requirements. But they also threw in an item that can dismount players, similar to the one in MoP.
>>
>>335996149
>Death and Taxes moved onto Wildstar
Really?
>>
File: 1460390964018.jpg (51 KB, 540x489) Image search: [Google]
1460390964018.jpg
51 KB, 540x489
If they do revive vanilla Warcraft then it is imperative that they decide to rewrite the lore as a separate universe. The same way Marvel handles all their bullshit.

They need to progress past Nax without necessarily going into Outlands although I'm open to the idea of outlands still I'm a big TBC fan. (Don't know if this includes an increased level cap)

They could have finished the world map by adding the zones missing from Azeroth which include the area south of the undead place, the area south eastish of karazhan and mount hyjal.
It was stupid that they decided to go to Outlands when they could have expanded upon so many things like the emerald nightmare, maelstorm, medivh etc... all of which are took place in vanilla era.
They could also have added in the Cavern Of Time as well but not as a dungeon or as a raid but as a completely new zone (could encompass Azeroth in its entirety maybe pre-orcish invasion or the battle between the dragons / I forgot most of the lore already).

As a side note they should add a few, not all just a few, of the spells released from the new expansions without trimming any of the old ones (only spells that complement the atmosphere/who wants to spam 1 spell am I right?). This could have balanced out all the specs without unnecessarily changing the classes the way they are now. I still think that niche specialisation is the way to go, if they could balance this than they have the resurrection of MMOs in their hand.

Lastly, they could have added the new stats like haste,expertise, etc.. to items as a way to progress gear without making crit hit chance reach 100% which is the way it started to look like after nax. (they need more defensive stats without adding in resilience as a modifier to crit chance and crit damage or stacking health). Also they need more modifiers to physical damage skills, I've always dreamed about making a poison rogue who stacks +nature damage or silly things like that.
>>
>>336003139
How the hell do you earn enough for WoW Tokens? I keep hearing about levelling my inn to level 2 or something but I have no idea how or if I have an inn. I really don't feel like resubbing when I run out of my 10 free days
>>
>>336004310
it's not even a grind really

it's more like a month or two of tedious dailies that get boring about two days in, it's not actually possible to grind it out in any way shape or form unless you have an extremely large amount of gold.
>>
>>336004512
You need the level 3 inn. And I used to sell Blacksmithing upgrade tokens where the profit would be anywhere from 3-15k.
>>
>>336003739
I agree with the sentiment of your post but I feel like this is a bit of a cop out when discussing what there is to actually do in the game.

>It's not only about the content present (of which there is much more in Vanilla)

So what does that actually entail? What do you do day to day when playing the game?
>>
>>336004496
Nope, fuck off.
>>
File: shadows gather.jpg (141 KB, 800x530) Image search: [Google]
shadows gather.jpg
141 KB, 800x530
>>336001349
cursed arakkoa are absolute bro tier
>>
>>336004603
shoo shoo
>>
>>336004512
There's a medium size building that you can build in your garrison to recruit new followers. You can select a trait and they give you a list of 3 potential candidates to join as your follower. Look under the Increase Reward Tab and look for Treasure Hunter, which gives a boost in gold on their sent mission. Get treasure hunter trait on a good chunk, if not all, your followers. Get Barracks to level 3 for five more followers, and get war mill to get equipment for them. Trading post is optional

And that's for 1 character. The more alts you have using the same technique, the more gold each of them will churn out. In time, they'll start churning enough gold for tokens easily, but not sure for how long that will last considering it's like 4(?) months until Legion hits, and they make garrisons from WoD obsolete.
>>
>>336004858
I do this except I earn fuck all gold from it. I get 1 Blingtron's Secret Vault every 80 days on one character and I've never gotten it on any others.
>>
>>336004395
Yep. They're recruiting too.
>>
>>336004939

I've been resubbed for a week and I'm up from 0 to 50k just from garrison shit.
>>
>>336004496
i agree except for caverns of time, fuck that shit
the only thing time travelling in wow ever did was make these epic events in the far history of the world BORING
>>
>>336004964
Hilarious, the game is more dead than ever and I highly doubt Steam will do much to help. F2P gave it a boost for a month and then it became even worse.
Newest "major" patch was utterly shit and it'll still be months until the next raid is out.
>>
>>336004858
Where would I go to build shit? Seems as the only thing I can do is send people on missions
>>
Vanilla was extremely unbalanced and every spec consisted of clicking two buttons. Why do people want to return that?

Wotlk was the epitome of the game, it should be the were legacy servers are, not that shitshow called vanilla
>>
>>336005176
There should be a small table with a human/goblin (depending on which faction obviously) in front of it. Clicking on the small table brings out a map of your garrison, and you can select new buildings to make. You need at least a level 2 garrison to make medium buildings like the inn.
>>
>>336005259
Blood DK's in Legion are 2 buttons.

WotLK servers are extremely easy for Blizzard to make because unlike Vanilla, they didn't overwrite all the code for it in Cata. I can definitely see Blizzard doing Vanilla, TBC and Cata servers as the "original trilogy" type deal.
>>
MAKE AZEROTH GREAT AGAIN
>>
>>336005343
Thanks anon, I got it building now
>>
>>336005394

I think you meant Vanilla, TBC and wotlk there at the end
>>
File: 1432773472217.gif (1 MB, 480x252) Image search: [Google]
1432773472217.gif
1 MB, 480x252
>>336004496
No. Stop asking for them to fuck around and change Vanilla.
>>
>>336005565
FAir warning, your Inn needs to be level two to start recruiting followers. You can either buy the plans for the level 2 inn in your garrison, or you get a book from completing all the quests in either Gorgrond or Spires of Arak, which can be redeemed at the capitals near Ashran for the pattern for free.
>>
Reminder that the Nost folks are only going to get arrested our slapped with legal shenanigans when they attend Blizzard's "meeting".

Reminder that Blizzard is a company of slimeballs that aren't your friends.
>>
File: 1461882848473.jpg (221 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1461882848473.jpg
221 KB, 1024x1024
>>335999641
tfw i was in a raiding guild during ICC we cleared up to Arthas and the guild just stopped raiding.
>>
>>336004496
You're correct. People saying they want nothing but vanilla, that's fine, but after couple of years of repeating the same process multiple times if the servers restart when they launch TBC I'd gladly welcome new content to the vanilla game.
>>
>>335995290
they should just completely overhaul and scrap current wow
release a new game, maybe even called World of Warcraft maybe called something else
use the new technology, new graphics engine, new ui
its a fresh mmo, everyone starts fresh, using all the best aspects of vanilla, wrath and tbc, levels are 1-60
same classes or new ones, whatever
just you your character, the world and other players, no pet battles, no group finder, no achievements, no store, no flying, no character services

it could be the world of warcraft, kalimdor, eastern kingdoms, gryphons and wyverns as we knew it, it could be something completely different, a new high fantasy mmo
>>
File: 1415638301449.jpg (84 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1415638301449.jpg
84 KB, 500x500
>>336006556
But how could Blizzard release that on Mobile?
>>
>>336006556
They really need to do a cleanslate. And throw in some legacy rewards if you had a character in the previous version. Nothing with stats or anything just something cosmetic.
>>
>>336005951
>going to get arrested
That's not how civil law works.
>>
>>336007318

True, but no good can come of this meeting of theirs.
Thread replies: 238
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.