[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, there's this newly announced MMO coming out called Worlds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: rYLLl8m.png (27 KB, 800x316) Image search: [Google]
rYLLl8m.png
27 KB, 800x316
So, there's this newly announced MMO coming out called Worlds Adrift.

>buy once, play forever (buy-to-play)
>PERSISTENT multiplayer sandbox world
>open PvP
>custom airships
>in-depth crafting system
>spiderman swingan'
>doesn't look like total ass

Its by Bossa Studios. Same guys behind "I am Bread" and "Surgeon Simulator". If the devs prove themselves by not putting in pay2win microtransactions, I'd actually play this.

What do you think /v/?
>>
>What do you think /v/?

Pushing out two extremely short physics-based meme games does not qualify you to make an MMO.
>>
>worlds

had peaked my interest for a moment.
>>
>>335982707
Could be good.

How many MMO's has it been now that have anounced 'Persistant World!!!' only to turn out to be instanced a couple months before beta's start to open?
>>
>>335982830
I just mentioned them to highlight the fact that they have some experience making games. While they've never made an MMO, they certainly aren't new game production.
>>
>>335982910
It's going to be instanced
>>
>>335982830
That's why they're making a fucking MMO, to be qualified.
>>
>>335982707
>buy once, play forever (buy-to-play)
>If the devs prove themselves by not putting in pay2win microtransactions, I'd actually play this.

Not feasable. A mmo has to have either Subscription or a Cash Shop/Micro Transaktions. It's like a single player game. DLC/Expansion packs always cost money cause they added content. With a MMO you also have the cost of running servers.

So either you get a game without new content, or with shitty servers or both.

But it definantly sounds interesting.
>>
>>335982910
If they keep their word, it could be good.

I want to form a brutal pirate alliance, spread misinformation of rare resources on a certain island, and lure kids there to wreck their shit. Apparently that's possible in the game.
>>
>>335983085
Ever play GW1? They went forever without microtransactions. They just sold game expansions. Later in the life of GW1 they started to sell cosmetic shit though. The only iffy things they sold were extra storage tabs (which you really didn't need at all). You could only buy like 4 extra storage tabs total anyway.

I played GW1 for an extremely long time, and never once bought anything but the game expansions.
>>
>>335983412
Yes, but see. They set up a shop. Doesn't matter what they sell. It doesn't always have to be game breaking or p2w. Cosmetic stuff is already enough.

I doubt they will sell expansion packs as GW1 though, don't forget how hated DLC is nowadays.
Like I said, sounds interesting, will be following to see how it works out.
>>
>>335982707
Was so hyped for this until I found out there's no building construction of any sort.

What's the point of all those islands if you can't fucking build on them? Fucking stupid game.
>>
>>335983907
You build on your ship
>>
>>335984051
Whopdee fucking doo, that won't get old after a few days or anything.
>>
>>335983141
>I want to form a brutal pirate alliance, spread misinformation of rare resources on a certain island, and lure kids there to wreck their shit.
It'll work once and never again. Is that still okay with you?
>>
Why aren't there more MMO's where you can just get on and play some shit with a huge amount of people without having to worry about stats and the likes? Planetside 2 is the closest thing, but the stats ruin it.
>>
>>335987158
>without having to worry about stats and the likes
Probably because, people like progression.

MOBAs are for people who just want to get on and play.
>>
>>335987263
Progression is nice, but it could also be cosmetic. It's an illusion anyways considering you're just staying afloat to fight enemies are your level.
Maybe instead of getting rid of progression they could sector players based on level ranges or something so there's only minor advantages for higher level players and superior players are forced to move up if they're doing well.
>>
>>335987532
>they could sector players based on level ranges or something so there's only minor advantages for higher level players and superior players are forced to move up if they're doing well.
Uh, what? Isn't that how games always are? Unless it's changed and I'm mistaken. There are low level enemies and you don't get enough exp or items and move on.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.