[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to this game? I remember seeing several threads
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: PokkenTournament.jpg (166 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
PokkenTournament.jpg
166 KB, 1280x720
What happened to this game? I remember seeing several threads a day before release and now its practically dead. Is it shit? Should I get Xenoblade X instead?
>>
>>335970546
i played it for like an hour on release and got bored and havent played it since, waste of 50 dollars
>>
The game is really fun from what I've played of it and I want to play more. Too bad I'm busy with life and other shit.
I have no idea why /v/ doesn't talk about this game. It's the perfect shitpost/bait material for low sales and the perfect furfag material. There is a general on /vp/, but I have no idea how active it is.
>>
>>335971596
/v/ in general sucks at fighting games and constantly gets BTFO'd by FG players, so they tend not to talk about things like Pokken/SF, aside from baseless shitposting
>>
>>335971596
>>335971770
This.
Street fighter only gets shitposted when a new update happens at this point. Pokken had a lot of threads for it's first week and then died off as people had to git gud or shut up, guess what happened?

In earnest though the RPS system in place of high/low block makes it more dynamic, but there's a few who bypass that outright via beams, and a few who bypass beams outright forcing those players into the RPS if they like it or not. Weavile and Gengar are the best, with Gengar better then Weavile as they both force the RPS, bypass beams, AND have beams of their own to harass with, while Weavile just Bypasses Beams and forces the RPS in their favor.
>>
>>335972034
>Beams
I have never heard of this mechanic until now. Any more info on this?
>>
>>335972968
Suicune, Chandelure, Gardevoir, and Gengar all have a direct beam attack of some sort. Without a direct sidestepping, teleporting, or move that makes you invulnerable to projectiles, these attacks can out beat Grabs, Guards, and Attacks, nulling the entire RPS system while fighting them in favor of direct ranged damage. Garchamp can somewhat bypass beams via dig, but if he's off the timing, he'll just come up and get caught by the end part of an attack anyway. Weaviles Aglitly though let's them bypass beams all together, while Gengar's Shadow Punch allows for them to prevent zoning all together.
>>
>>335974223
Huh, neat.
I was thinking about picking up Suicune or Chandelure as a Secondary sometime. Nice to know they have this.
>>
>>335974223
What about counters?
>>
>>335975350
The beam users are zoners anyways, and so are usually too far away to be hit by a counter.
>>
File: 1435289801275.jpg (517 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1435289801275.jpg
517 KB, 1024x768
>>335970546
Shills were trying to convince me that

>T-the roster isn't everything! It's 50% of a fighting game, you idiot
>What matters is it's tight gameplay!

So i gave it a shot, and MAN is it barren as hell. The roster complaints are justified, this shit's pitiful. There was no excuse for it being this small; they didn't have to do the concepts from scratch because the pokemon are already designed, so the puny number is inexcusable. Part of me thinks they purposefully made it small so that future iterations could still have plenty of hype-worthy additions, but seeing how the game is performing makes me fear we might never even see the upgraded sequel. Add to that the total absence of Game modes besides the actual fighting the lack of overall interactivity, rewards, unlockables, a story at the very least engaging, or virtually any incentive to keep playing and you end up realizing you ended up buying a beta version meant to fund a whole game that might not even end up releasing.

I'm pretty mad, but most of all, disappointed.
>>
It's really fun and it's OST is god tier.

>>335972034
Ironically as as a weavile player I think he's among the worst characters in the game. Not that he's bad, but it feels like his only good matchup is chandelure.

Maybe I just haven't gotten gud enough though, i'm only c4 with 120 games played and 64% winrate so far
>>
It wasn't very good. I was super excited for it but got bored really fast, it's super shallow.
>>
>>335975526
It has plenty of unlockables and it doesn't have any less modes or sory then 90% of other fighters.
>>
>>335975764
>it's super shallow.

except it's not
>>
>>335975919
it really is, every character has much less moves than the latest tekken or soul calibur
>>
Ever heard the phrase, "Flavor of the Month" OP?
>>
>>335975967
>number of moves is the only form of depth that exists

Do you realize how retarded that is?
>>
I won't care about this game until Breloom is added.
>>
>>335975463
CADC is probably the best way to deal with said zoners, though so it's worth bringing up.
>>
>>335975967
Pretty casual statement there, senpai.
>>
File: 1425855770545.jpg (47 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1425855770545.jpg
47 KB, 320x240
>>335975837
I guess my expectations were too high, but i find it surprising that it's been nearly 20 years since Tekken 3 and it's standars still aren't reached by many fighting games nowadays. It's disappointing.
>>
>>335976334
I mean it'd be nice if it had MK/injustice level modes and story but few fighting games do, and this is the start of a new series.

20 stages, 32 assists, 16 characters, and near instant matchmaking is pretty damn good all things considered. It's more then SFV at least
>>
Its fun.

It needs DLC tho
>>
>>335970546

It's pretty shit m8
>>
>>335977170
It looks like there's four more character slots on the selection. So we'll probably get some DLC characters.

List your 4 wanted characters:
>Scolipede
>Pangoro
>Rhyhorn
>Zoroark or Ditto
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.