[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Porting XBOX Games to PC...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
XBOX is hard to emulate. Specially the Nvidia NV2A and the audio system, not to mention the different video encoders in every single XBOX model revision.
Its not impossible, Xenia is doing its job, it wont be as nearly as accurate as it should be but games will be playable eventually. But it is still hard, MS know the XBOX hardware and they couldnt develop a perfect emulator for XBOX 360, the compatibility is low and most of games have glitches.
Sega is doing what big companies, specially SNK Playmore, do.
What Sega needs to do is a Saturn emulator for PC and other platforms. They developed (or bough, i dont remember) the GiriGiri emulator eons ago but it was so premature. Saturn emulator could be great but i dont think they have the skills.

I read MS lose some documents related to XBOX does make it work and they just port it glitched and throw away the compatible to XBOX360? That’s the question we need to finger out.

That's the reason why Jet Set Radio Future or even other games as not being ported and SEGA just ignore it. :(
So Sad...
I hope XQEMU just find a way to turning down the situation. :(
>>
>>335958798
If you want a proper xbox emulator you're going to need to cough up a tech design document outlining what each and every component does and the software, good luck getting that from Microsoft's cold dead hands.
>>
>>335959004
Not me, XQEMU are responsible to do it.
>>
The 360 emulator MS created for the most part, is great for everything except Halo Reach

They could make an OG Xbox emulator well
>>
>>335959103
XBOX and XBOX 360 are different we need seperated emulators.
>>
Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THd0M58tw7E

Since 2 months we don´t need any upgrade.
>>
>>335959316
>Smashing Drive

Looks fun.
>>
>>335959103
Have they done anything that didn't have a PC port yet other than reach?
>>
>>335958798
The only appeal the original xbox had to me was it was an excellent system for PC ports in a time when PCs were ridiculously expensive for gaming.
There just aren't many reason left to play it now even $90 tablets can play those same games no problem.
>>
File: voodoo vince.jpg (216 KB, 649x924) Image search: [Google]
voodoo vince.jpg
216 KB, 649x924
>>335962686
There's a few exclusive games I would like to try.
>>
>>335959203
>They could make an OG Xbox emulator well

plus they have all the documentation and an army of pakistanis to make it happen

it's all down to "licensing"

plus they'd have to be willing to turn on xbox live servers for Halo 2 again
>>
>>335965760
They don't have to.
Halo 2 had LAN so multiplayer still works if you want and the single player hasn't gone anywhere.
I think halo 3 had LAN too.
I miss LAN
>>
>>335965951
not sure if lan works on the xbox one though
>>
>>335966052
IEEE 802.1 should be backwards compatible.
>>
>>335966267
Okay then, you just don't see lan options for Halo MCC or 5 Dew™dians
>>
i just want a JSRF that doesn't drop to 2 1/2 frames a second near the final levels
>>
>>335966812
shit, i just want to play that game in general. there aren't any original xboxes in my area that arent full of cockroaches or some other craigslist nightmare waiting to happen
>>
why not just buy an xbox, mod it, and put all the games you want to play right on to it?~
>>
>>335967942
an emulator could potentially lead to running games at a higher resolution than normal
modding xbox games to run at 720p on console is far from perfect
>>
>>335958798
I still keep my OG Xbox around upgraded with a 500gb HDD
>>
>>335966728
Last i heard some MCC games will run in lan mode if the networking is set up but it needs to in turn be connected to the internet. because microsoft are faggots like that.
Like if you connect all the consoles on the same network and play a game together the traffic runs over the router, and not through the modem.
I cant remember where i read that though it was like a year and a half ago now.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.