[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of Fire Emblem as a whole?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: Bne0r.jpg (206 KB, 1024x956) Image search: [Google]
Bne0r.jpg
206 KB, 1024x956
What does /v/ think of Fire Emblem as a whole?
>>
>>335951908

i like it overall
the newer extra weeb shit is kinda lame at some points but its still ok
>>
One of the only good SRPG series. FFT, Disgaea, and the like are boring as fuck.
>>
>>335951908
>Next game is for cellphones
RIP
>>
File: Luci-nyaa.png (152 KB, 364x367) Image search: [Google]
Luci-nyaa.png
152 KB, 364x367
Never played the games, but I'm in love with Lucina
>>
File: arden.jpg (245 KB, 600x811) Image search: [Google]
arden.jpg
245 KB, 600x811
Pretty solid series, has had highs and lows. None of them I would say are bad, though.

Conquest proves that Inty Sys still understands what makes Fire Emblem great, even if it still has a few gameplay issues.

DLC is dumb and doesn't work well for a game like Fire Emblem. Hopefully they keep the money-grabbery in the mobile game while the main games can move on from it.
>>
File: Corrin.jpg (88 KB, 736x1086) Image search: [Google]
Corrin.jpg
88 KB, 736x1086
>Kamui had the potential to be the best Lord in the series
>Turned out to be the worst

I'm baffled how the scenario writers were willing to have their names attached to the trainwreck of a plot Fates became.
>>
>>335952079
never finished FFTA or played FFTA2 but the original FFT is pretty fun(even if I prefer FE style tactics). Main issue with FFT is random battles.

Tactics Ogre was neat.

>>335952225
>during the development the team admits awakening had a shit plot and wanted to fix that
>manages to take a solid premise and shit out three terrible plots, full of wasted potential and dumb shit like Hoshido not being related because they didn't want to cut back on waifu shit.

Waifus themselves aren't the problem, but when the game itself becomes worse due to that kind of pandering there's a problem.

also garon has no reason to be that shitty of a character.
>>
Incredibly inconsistent even compared to other Nintendo series: It's high points are really amazing but it's low points are really terrible.
>>
My favorite series. I really hope they remake FE4 for its 20th anniversary, but I don't see it coming

>>335952489
I feel that the mechanics of FE as a whole are so solid that there has never been a /bad/ FE game
>>
Pretty solid overall, very few low points. Conquest is honestly one of my favorite games overall.

Generally rather weak stories but not terrible.
>>
File: cain.png (88 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
cain.png
88 KB, 5000x5000
>>335952489
I disagree.

Awakening has some serious balance issues but I still was able to have fun with it.

That being said I can see your point, some games drop the ball in certain aspects.
>>
A once-great series that might have been better off suffering a quiet death like Breath of Fire or Suikoden instead of being warped into the disgusting weeb cashgrab it is today.
>>
>>335953454
>once-great
epic, it's still great
>>
>>335951908
Which GBA fire emblem games should I play on my phone?
>>
>>335953637
There are only three of them. Just pick the one you like.
>>
I like it a lot but I've never finished a single game in the series. I've played FE7, SS, FE9, and Awakening. Played a fair amount of each, but just can never seem to actually finish the games.

I like Advance Wars a lot more.
>>
Fates has awesome mechanics and fixes a lot of balance issues but instead of having 3 Conquest-tier gameplays with at the very least basic Birthright tier stories, we get an okay story route, good gameplay route, and worst of both worlds route
>>
>>335956320
Bring me up to speed on Fates. I know the gameplay matters way more but is the story really fanfiction-tier?
>>
>>335957442
Birthright is boring but not terrible, standard Fire Emblem fare. Maps are okay-tier nothing special

Conquest tries too much and it becomes pants on head retarded and nobody does things that should be considered obvious to do. But the map game is probably the best the series has ever had, and is legit challenging

Revelations is a story worse than Conquest with gimmicky garbage maps
>>
>>335957732
Cool. I hated the way Nintendo decided to split the game into three parts. If I only wanted to buy one, should I go with Conquest?
>>
>>335951908
It ruined Smash Bros.
>>
>>335957892
Absolutely. The best of the gameplay Fates has to offer.
>>
>>335951908
I want a FE4+5 remake. Huge, tough maps and the more polished gameplay of today would be great.
>>
>>335951908
Decent series overall, one of my more liked SRPG series. A bit RNG-heavy at times but most games in the series give you the resources necessary to roll with the punches anyways.

I'd say the games vary in quality but I wouldn't call any of them outright bad, even the newer ones while flawed are average at worst IMO, then again I'm not as bothered by waifushit as some people are. Lucinafags can fuck off though, pure fucking cancer
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.