[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Final Fantasy 9
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault[3].jpg (144 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[3].jpg
144 KB, 1920x1080
Redpill me on the recent PC rerelease of FFIX.

Does it run well? Is it visually on par to PS1 version or did they just plug some random shitty android port backgrounds?
>>
>>335949257
Just play the original emulated and upscaled.
If you are a purist just go full original, only buy the remaster if you like shitty fonts, out of place models that constrast WAY too hard with the backgrounds and if you want to donate money to squarenix for the amazing game that FFIX is.

Thats it.
>>
I haven't played the PC port but from what I've seen the backgrounds look like absolute shit.
Play the PS1 version for the best visuals.
>>
>>335949513
>>335949531
Don't listen to these faggots, it's the best version of the game.
>>
It's okay, looks way better than the original but I'm not sure how it compares to an emulator. It does have a few minor sound issues though, the last few cutscenes on Terra had some audio problems.
>>
>>335949257
Pros:
No visual polygon jitter problem like PSX however
Faster combat, ability to skip pre-battle cam and speed up the game
No input lag unlike PSX emulation

Cons:
Filtered backgrounds which look like shit

Debatable:
New models for main cast which pretty much look out of place as only the main cast's models were updated and everyone else are still horribly low poly so you may end up not liking them
>>
Give some tech details. Background resolution? Remastered/copy pasted/even more shit tier?
>>
>>335949659
Get fucked kiddo, you wouldn't know good if it pissed in your mouth
>>
>>335949659
>I played this game for the first time in the steam release

thats you.
>>
The only thing you get is upgraded character model resolution. Backgrounds are the same, but the music is worse.
>>
>Redpill me
>>>/pol/
Fuck off and stay off
>>
>>335949938
Music is the same, stop shitposting.
>>
>>335950010
TRUMP 2016
MAKE FINAL FANTASY GREAT AGAIN
>>
>>335949257
Can anyone speak to the playability of the mobile version?
>>
>have to get excalibur 2 to get 100%
it's shit
>>
File: FMV036b.webm (3 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
FMV036b.webm
3 MB, 1280x960
Only thing really worthwhile is the faster loading, and better FMVs
>>
To redpill isn't the same thing as to explain something. At least use the term right you fucking newfag
>>
File: 20160421000634_1.jpg (135 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
20160421000634_1.jpg
135 KB, 1280x800
>>335949257
It's the definitive release. The models are better, the FMVs are better and skippable, and everything else is the same as it was, more or less.

Some audio samples seem to have been screwed up. They're rare but it is noticeable. Especially the chocobo pecking sound.

The upscaled backgrounds do not look good but they look better than emulating.

That's it. Play the original on a PSP or play the PC re-release. Those are your best options per platform.
>>
>>335950643
>not playing the original on a PS1 hooked up to a CRT

baka desu senpai
>>
>>335950879
Did disc1 some months ago. Looks pixelated as shit but in a charmful way.

What's not charmful are the 20 seconds long battle load times.
>>
>first option on the menu is continue instead of load game
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

who the fuck even uses the continue option? the checkpoints seem to be random as fuck
>>
>>335949938
That's FF8 bro
>>
File: Bruce Rain.gif (352 KB, 499x289) Image search: [Google]
Bruce Rain.gif
352 KB, 499x289
>>335950879
My CRT gave up the ghost 3 years ago. Feels bad man. I just don't have the space to have a dedicated CRT station anymore either. Family life changes shit.
>>
>>335951302
I'm so glad females aren't attracted to me, I'll never have to give up my glorious retro game setup.
>>
>>335949257
there's also chance you'll have annoying controller problems and SFX problems
>>
>>335951159
The checkpoints are when you change zone. Encountered don't prompt an autosave, have to change zone to do it.
>>
>>335949257
Less jaggy/jittery models, upscaled textures, but they look kind of out of place against backgrounds.

Battle camera can be turned off so you don't get all the swoopy shit while fighting, but in some battles it still happens (story fights, bosses).

If you get tired of having to purposely gimp your characters' equipment to learn Abilities you can turn an option on and off to learn the Abilities from all items you currently have. Be warned this also teaches Quina all her Blue Magic, too.

Also, max level/Ability Jewel option, and max Gil option.
>>
Oh, and controls for movement are kind of fucked, which can get annoying in chase scenes/timed areas.
>>
Its literally the best version of the game. I do not believe the improved models do anything but make the game better. Have no idea why people think the game looks worse with them.
>>
>>335949257

Visually it's probably the best version.

The problem is that they fucked up the music and sound yet a fucking gain.

Compare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsiYhImt4Ac
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_o1Wj-hS3s
>>
>>335949257

>Runs better than the emulated version
>They redid the main cast char models to be really good
>FMVs are the native res, look crisp as fuck

Downside?
>Backgrounds at high res look a little odd, they look bad emulated too
>Some sounds are different

Personally I'd play the PC version if I had to choose, emulated doesn't look that great when you have the pixely backgrounds and the horrible shapeshifting character models.
>>
>>335949257
No reason to purchase any final fantasy titles that are from the PS1 era or older due to emulators working almost perfectly for those console
>>
>>335953356
>map says lindbulm
wat
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.