[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Achievements & Trophies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: achievements.jpg (28 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
achievements.jpg
28 KB, 1280x720
What are your thoughts on achievements and trophies in games?

Do you have an obsession with collecting them?
Do you think they ruined the fun of games?
Or do you just not care about them at all?
>>
>>335946834
It's a combination of the first and third for me. I've platinumed / 100%'d maybe 10 games on PSN and Xbox Live. Usually though I only go for trophies / achievements that I know I can get relatively quickly. If it's something that requires a huge investment of time I usually don't bother.

Overall I think achievements are a good thing but I rarely feel compelled to get them all.
>>
>>335946834
Don't care at all. Almost forgot all about Cheevos until my bud was mirin my list and said I had unlocked a really difficult one in cod4 years ago.
>>
sometimes i go ocd on them and all it does is chore-ify the game
>>
Don't care.

I used to think whoa muh gamerscore when that first came around, but I haven't even owned a Microsoft console in so long that that doesn't matter to me anymore.

Fuck Steam achievements. Totally pointless. Everyone that even knows they exist seems to just SAM them anyway.

I might try to platinum a game if I really, really enjoy playing it.

Knew a couple people that would buy or rent games just for more achievements or trophies or whatever. That kind of thing I just don't understand.
>>
I don't care about them at all on Steam.
On Xbox, they were cool during 360 days because saying you had 60,000 Gamerscore just sounded neat, when the average person had less than 20,000.
On PSN, I don't care about the overall number since saying "Oh I'm at 12" doesn't sound as cool as the aforementioned 360 number, but the existence of an actual Platinum trophy to show you've 100% a game was nice.

On 360, you could 1000/1000gs a game, and then DLC would release and raise the ratio, and there was no indication of you completing the entirety of base game.
>>
I have 54, so I like them
I think it makes them more fun because I get to show off games I've done everything in without having to boot up the game itself.

I do give up on getting a platinum if it's just really really shitty tho
>>
They're a largely harmless form of data-mining. I ignore them.
>>
During the 360 days, achievements were new and I couldn't care less. I remember being in like 7th grade and telling someone I used cheat codes for the first Saints Row and he as like "haha, now you can't get achievements" and I literally didn't give a single fuck. I just wanted to enjoy the game.

Once I started playing PC, I became obsessed with Steam achievements. I'm not as obsessed as others. I've seen people with like 500+ perfect games and I can't even imagine that. I have about 30 so far. Most of them are free-to-play or just very short, cheap games. I mainly like to have a high overall completion percentage. I'm at 66%. Unfortunately, there's a few games I got an achievement on and then realized I didn't like and that lowered my percentage. I wish you could re-lock achievements so you wouldn't have a bunch of 3% games.

I get really OCD. For long games, I usually plan out the achievements so I know when and where they are so I don't miss any. If there's anything too tedious, I'll skip the achievement. If there's one good thing though, it's that achievement hunting has introduced me to many games I probably wouldn't have played. There are some games I played mainly for achievements to get my overall percentage up and I ended up loving the game itself.
>>
>>335948946
>2006
>7th grade

jesus christ anon don't admit that kind of shit
>>
>>335947990
>I don't care about them at all on Steam.
Yeah, I don't think I've ever intentionally unlocked a Steam achievement. They're pointless because they're too easy to hack and they have no denomination so they're meaningless.

For me it's trophies > achievements > steam achievements mainly because I like the platinum trophy mechanic and like that you can see the rarity on PS4. (not sure why Xbox One doesn't have this as Steam does and I think had it first)
>>
Completely worthless, and gay. I have no idea what mine is on Steam because I just don't give shits.
>>
>Do you think they ruined the fun of games?
I honestly never understood this meme.

trophies/achievements dont do anything and they dont effect the game in any way.
its either you go for them and collect it or you just ignore it and get them from just playing the game at your own pace.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.