[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you mind if they went third party?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 26
File: SI_GenericNintendo.png (223 KB, 843x422) Image search: [Google]
SI_GenericNintendo.png
223 KB, 843x422
Would you mind if they went third party?
>>
yezzir
>>
I want them to. I didn't mind supplementing my PC with their consoles back when their consoles were still somewhat comparable, but ever since the Wii they've been slipping behind so much it's like downgrading to a toaster to play their games. They still make good games (would be even better without the forced gimmicks) and they should focus on what they're good at rather than what they're terrible at
>>
Nope, they do nothing right anymore and has the most obnoxious fanbase in existence.
>>
>>335942653
As a huge Nintendo fan... Not really as long as they still made dedicated handhelds. It would be nice playing Nintendo games on PC. I would still be a bit sad though.
>>
A fifteen billion dollar third party.
>>
That would require them to make a smart decision for once.
>>
File: Laughing Link.png (274 KB, 562x437) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Link.png
274 KB, 562x437
>>335942653
>I HATE NINTENDO
>but I wish they released games for my system of choice
Every fucking time
>>
>>335942979
Activision?
>>
>>335943095
Hating Nintendo's hardware and hating Nintendo are two separate things, child.
>>
>>335943095
What's the problem? They're a retarded company that makes awful hardware but their developers are talented.
>>
>>335942653
Yes
I'd rather have no nintendo games at all, than Nintendo games on other consoles than Nintendo
>>
Yes. And they won't.
>>
File: Very Hard.gif (206 KB, 262x270) Image search: [Google]
Very Hard.gif
206 KB, 262x270
>>335943221
>>335943223
Not really.

The retards like yourself always clamoring for this don't seem to understand that taking away their hardware takes away a massive part of revenue needed to fund these games. Then they don't have much motivation to keep making different things.

As much as everyone likes to cry they're a rehash company, that really would be the case if they're suddenly 3rd party. Splatoon, Wonderful 101, revitalizing Fire Emblem, Mario Maker, Dillon's Rolling Western, etc stuff like that would never happen again.
>>
They'd probably release even less non-Mario games, so not really.
>>
>>335943596
>The retards like yourself always clamoring for this don't seem to understand that taking away their hardware takes away a massive part of revenue needed to fund these games. Then they don't have much motivation to keep making different things.
This makes zero sense. Nintendo makes the vast majority of their income from software. The hardware is sold at or near cost and does not contribute sizably to their profits after you factor in marketing and R&D costs, in fact they're probably not even breaking even.

Then consider with a larger audience to sell to, they'd be selling even more games. Going 3rd party would mean they'd probably be making far more money than they currently are by only selling software to the pitifully small amount of Wii U and 3DS owners.
>>
>>335944136
Of course it makes zero sense to you, you're an armchair analyst.

We're talking about Nintendo, not Sony. They very rarely sell things at cost. Only the Wii U & 3DS in their first year ever did that, afterwards they were all profitable by a strong margin.

There's nothing in fact about what you said other than pulling facts out of your ass. You're basically being as stupid as Pachter right now.
>>
File: 1461961540549.jpg (29 KB, 800x820) Image search: [Google]
1461961540549.jpg
29 KB, 800x820
I mind in the sense that all companies that went from first to third party all went to shit. Nintendo won't be an exception, no matter how hard you keep parrotting the opposite.

SEGA used to do lots of good games. Since they went thitd party, they are hit and miss. More miss than hit.
Atari used to be the king of videogames. Since they went third party, they became irrilevant.
SNK used to produce their own hardware (arcade, console and handheld) and their games were stellar. Now they are a shadow of their former self, they mange to make a good game every now and then, if ever.

Nintendo would follow the same fate. They would lose hardware's money (console, controllers and peripheals), they would close or sell studios, they would lose devs. Their output would slow down and drop in quality. They would be forced to follow AAA trends, like cinematic experiences.

So yes, I mind. Like everyone that likes Nintendo games should.
If you expect a third party Nintendo to make games like a first party Nintendo, you are deluded.
And no matter how many times you and your pals will create these "Nintendo should go third party" threads, my answer won't change. History is the best way to answer questions.
>>
>>335944519

The Atari now and the Atari then are completely different companies altogether.
>>
File: 1461908462905.jpg (65 KB, 529x545) Image search: [Google]
1461908462905.jpg
65 KB, 529x545
>>335943095

I don't even want to play their shitty games, I just want the endless amount of tears from toddlers.
>>
>>335944382
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2016/160427e.pdf
Scroll to page 14. Year over year their gross income from software and hardware is about equal.

Tell me, which do you think has a higher profit margin?

I am not pulling this out of my ass. You're just a delusional child who wants to keep others from playing with your toys. Grow up.
>>
>>335944723
Since the moment the former Atari left the hardware market. Yes.
>>
>>335944519

Nintendo hasn't had quality in years.
>>
>>335943596
>>335944382
No company makes a profit just from selling consoles.
Why bother calling other people armchair analysts and say they're pulling facts out of their ass when you haven't provided a single shred of evidence to support your case.
>>
No I think it'd be great. People are always like "No dude we need Nintendo's innovation" and it's just like no bro their games are good in spite of the "innovative" shit they try
>>
>>335944893
Well, they would do even worse by going third party. No matter how you spin it. There's no improvement in going third party.
>>
>Amiibo
>Weak Hardware
>Region-Locking
>Censorship
>Games tied to hardware
>Shit gimmicks
>First party games are getting even worse

nope
>>
>>335945085
I agree with everything but
>games tied to hardware
What is this supposed to mean? Consoles shouldn't have exclusives?
>>
>>335943221

Have you forgotten all the complaints about censorship, "kiddy games", and rehashing? Why the fuck would any of you want them to make games for the platforms you own if you don't even like what they do?

Nothing would magically change once they stop making hardware. Their policies and design philosophy would stay the same. Only thing that would be different is a higher resolution. I don't understand a public that considers a company irrelevant clamoring for this same company to go third party. If they're as irrelevant and shitty as everyone says they are, then just ignore them. It literally affects nothing.
>>
>>335945085

S-SHUT UP NINTENDO IS THE GREATEST GAMING COMPANY IN THE WORLD!
>>
>>335944519
They could still create their gimmick shit/controllers on other consoles you braindead retard.

Guitar Hero controllers are a peripheral/controller specifically for their games, and they did really well during their time.

Imagine a specialized GCN Controller for PS4, for Nintendo's third party games on the system or something.
>>
File: 121.png (550 KB, 1892x897) Image search: [Google]
121.png
550 KB, 1892x897
t-thanks Nintendo
>>
>>335945354
>I don't understand
It's just shitposters shitposting for the sake of shitposting because they have nothing better to do. These threads get posted every day with the same copy pasta and pictures. Sage, hide and move on.
>>
File: 1456243622632.jpg (87 KB, 730x1100) Image search: [Google]
1456243622632.jpg
87 KB, 730x1100
>>335945670
>640X1136
>>
>>335942653
I don't want the autistic fanbase on my Vita or PS4, thank you very much. I'll only play Nintendo games if I can pirate/emulate them, but if they sold their IPs to Sony I wouldn't hesitate to buy them. Anyway Nintendo became irrelevant when the Genesis came out. They mean nothing to anyone with a brain anymore.
>>
Same shit if Sony and Microsoft did the same thing

Everybody would be happy but they were all created with the intent of being exclusives
>>
>>335942653
id much rather buy Nintendo games on Pc than buying a useless console just to play them

you'd have to be retarded to want to buy more platforms instead of less
>>
>>335945354
>Have you forgotten all the complaints about censorship, "kiddy games", and rehashing? Why the fuck would any of you want them to make games for the platforms you own if you don't even like what they do?
You're making so many assumptions there champ, the biggest being that everyone who wants Nintendo to go 3rd party is just another consolewar shitposter.

I've been a long time fan of Nintendo and I've owned all of their hardware, even the VB and Wii U. I'm tired of buying it just to play their games. Honestly the censorship has never bothered me (Nintendo has always been huge on censorship), I've never thought of them as kiddie games (except Kirby, seriously can't get into that at all), and sure they rehash but so does every developer.

When I say I want them to go 3rd party it's not because I hate them, it's because I'm tired of buying redundant, garbage hardware. Seriously. There is nothing intrinsically that the Wii U can do that my PC can't do in spades. And I'm never going to buy multiplats on Nintendo hardware just like most people don't because I'll get those on PC anyway. The entire point of the console-licensing business model is to make money off of licensing third party software, but it's being proven consistently that no one buys 3rd party games on Nintendo hardware. Nintendo hardware has become strictly for Nintendo games. They may as well go 3rd party because they'd sell more games.
>>
>>335945993
it's probably a cell phone wallpaper
>>
>>335946141

>They mean nothing

I want to remind everyone not of how people tried to copy Wii, but rather that they tried to copy Wii U with Vita compatibility with PS4 and Touchscreen as well as Xbones Glass integration
>>
File: 1461467578397.jpg (86 KB, 708x566) Image search: [Google]
1461467578397.jpg
86 KB, 708x566
If they went third party, they'd be able to focus on software than releasing 2006 consoles in 2010s.
>>
>>335942653
They can't make good software any more so it doesn't make any difference either way.

Unless the shitshow we've been seeing for the last few years is because they're focusing most of their effort on NX games, but I doubt it.

If we're just gonna get more Amiibo shill games, watered down Marios, and gimmicky gyro shit then regardless of whether they go third party Nintendo can just slowly, slowly die.
>>
File: handsome as fuck.png (726 KB, 1285x767) Image search: [Google]
handsome as fuck.png
726 KB, 1285x767
Nope, I want their censored ass to disappear leaving an exemplar of what not to do. I want so much backlash against them, nobody would buy their IPs and their brand name bringing ridicule the moment it is mentioned. I want their american branch to be so disgraced, they won't be able to work in anything less than fast food registers, and even then face constant harassment until they kill themselves. I want them gone
>>
>>335945241
I think he means how digital purchases are tied to the console instead of an account.
>>
>>335946308
This is another strange thing. Nobody ever questions what would happen if Sony or Microsoft went third party. Only Nintendo.
>>
They seriously have lost their touch, I will never forgot how disappointed I was with the Wii. They just need to slowly retire from making games before they embarrass themselves even more.
>>
>>335946308
The thing is that Nintendo would actually benefit from going third party because it would allow a wider audience to experience what they're best at, their software. Nintendo couldn't make a decent console if their company depended on it, and it does.
>>
I don't care if you think negatively of Current Nintendo despite ignoring the successes they have

But nobody wants to go the way of Sega

Going third party would gurantee that your low tier series never gets revived
>>
File: Nintendo Wallpaper 640x1136.jpg (899 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo Wallpaper 640x1136.jpg
899 KB, 640x1136
>>335946450
it is
>>
>>335946768
pls don't steal
This is my birthday gift from Nintendo I just wanted to show you guys
>>
>>335946557
Unsheathed katana: the post
>>
>>335946557
No one cares about censorship except you goddamn toddlers. Grow the fuck up, and play some real games instead of your yearly kiddyshit.
>>
>>335946741
The problem is they don't ask themselves
>How do we make Super Mario feel new again?
Instead, they ask
>What's a new way to play Super Mario?
Nintendo won't be happy until we're playing NSMB 9 with our minds.
>>
>>335946753
>Going third party would gurantee that your low tier series never gets revived
Why is this just assumed? If anything these series would have more potential to be revived because there are tons of fans out there who have long since given up on modern Nintendo and no longer own a Nintendo console, but would love to play another new F-Zero game (for instance). You think if F-Zero showed up on PS4 people wouldn't buy it? Nintendo has a lot more "used to be" fans if you look at historical trends, if they could tap a small fraction of that they'd sell far more games than they are currently
>>
>>335946896
>>335946896

don't worry, I won't even save this thing
>>
>>335947179
thank u
>>
At this point, I'd prefer it if they WENT 3rd party.

They could then focus on making gimmickless games on more powerful hardware with their IP, rather than using and ruining their IP to show off a gimmick no one wanted in the first place.

They'd forced to compete with other devs because they're 3rd party and keep their quality up, rather that relying on their console exclusivity to bank sales. Plus they'd be more free to play around with IP rather than churn out system sellers to justify buying their mediocre consoles.

So, it'd be beneficial for the quality of their games which has been dropping.

Also, if there's anyone who can make killer apps for VR it's Nintendo, and if the hardware is churned out by someone else, they it's no longer as huge a risk for them. Since Nintendo hardware is notoriously cheap, and VR is anything but.
>>
>>335947150
>Why is this just assumed?
List me all companies that went from first to third party and that steadily release still today sequels to their most forgotten, niche and old IPs in history of videogames.
>>
File: 1414267939526.jpg (7 KB, 255x220) Image search: [Google]
1414267939526.jpg
7 KB, 255x220
>>335947256
>show off a gimmick no one wanted in the first place.

That right there is my biggest issue with Nintendo at the moment. They keep trying to innovate when all anybody wants to do is a play a new 3D mario with a normal controller.
>>
Let's be honest here, the main problem isn't their hardware, it's that they keep fucking up their games. Plus their amiibo Jewing is growing too strong, Splatoon had 3/4 of it's single player locked behind $45 worth of figurines.
>>
File: 1418506453112.jpg (73 KB, 960x539) Image search: [Google]
1418506453112.jpg
73 KB, 960x539
>>335945085

Yes, that is a list of things that people never shut the fuck up about day-in and day-out.
>>
>>335947148
So, rather than having new gameplay in each sequel, you care about how a game "feels" new?
You'd rather get the same stuff with a new coat of paint rather than new stuff that just looks like the old one?
>>
>>335944136

You're forgetting about all the fees and cuts Nintendo avoids by having their own hardware. So they would in fact be making less.
>>
>all these nintendrones crying shit like >>335943095

For christ sake I don't even have a PS4 or Xbone but I sure as hell would if I didn't already have to drop $300 on my Nintendo system. If they don't get their shit together then I'll welcome 3rd party and manchildren that pull this shit make me ashamed to be part of this fanbase.
>>
>>335946752

>Couldn't make a decent console

Except they did

SNES, 64 and GC were powerful consoles

They had a shift in perspective when hardware didn't fucking matter and their numbers were dropping
>>
>>335946752
>The thing is that Nintendo would actually benefit from going third party because it would allow a wider audience to experience what they're best at, their software.
All while losing a massive chunk of their revenue. Not a smart move.
>>
>>335947640
>People complain
>Nintendo keeps consistently doing the same shit
>People continue to complain
This should not surprise you
>>
>>335946752

Their software is only good when they have their own freedom

Reminder that everybody rejected Bayonetta 2

Nintendo accepted it

Your telling me that you want Nintendo to look for a publisher to allow them to make a game?
>>
As a Nintendo fanboy, no. Their consoles are always what holds them back. I wish I could just play Nintendo games on PC or even PS4 if I had to.
>>
>>335947881

>same shit

That's not complaints

Those are nitpicks because they can't handle their autism at a different design
>>
>>335947890
Nintendo is a publisher, moron. They fund their own games.
>>
>>335947890
Activision, EA, Ubisoft and fucking Sega make and publish their own games, this isn't some indie studio, it's fucking Nintendo.
>>
>>335947890
They can publish their own games. PC is an open platform if anything.

Plus, no one would be against letting a Titan like Nintendo make games for their console, especially if they self-fund.

Your comparison is off, since plat needed a budget, not a platform.
>>
>>335948153

Sega has a parent company.
>>
>>335947359
Nintendo is a unique scenario that is without precedent. You could make comparisons to Sega all you want but Sega's 1st party was never remotely as good or as diverse as Nintendo's
>>
>>335945649
Are you purposely avoiding 3/4 of the whole post? Hardware was like one small part of the whole post.
Also, tell me how many third party companies create hardware and actually profits with it, as much as when they were first party.
>>
>>335948035
Are you implying Sticker Star was held back by the 3DS' specs? Or that Star Fox 0/10 would last longer if it was on PS4?
>>
>>335947869
What good is being a console manufacturer of your consoles don't sell? The fucking PlayStation Network made more revenue than the ENTIRETY of Nintendo this year.
>>
>>335948370
I'm going to need a source on that.
>>
>>335948454
There's a bunch of articles across multiple sites, but this is the first I found from a quick Google search

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-04-28-sonys-psn-is-making-more-money-than-all-of-nintendo
>>
>>335947716
Offset by selling more units

>>335947890
God you are such a fucking idiot.

Bayonetta 2 was not *rejected* on a licensing basis. No body wanted to *fund* it. Companies like Sony and MS care fuck all about what you license on their platforms as long as you're paying the fees. A completed Bayoneta 2 would have been welcomed with open arms.

Bayonetta 2 needed funding and Nintendo was the only company who saw the potential. It also failed miserably for them because they're not a 3rd party developer. If they could have also sold it on PS4 and Xbone it would have sold several million copies and been hugely profitable for them.
>>
>>335948357
>Nintendo is a unique scenario that is without precedent
That's a big fat bullshit way to avoid the point. No matter how you spin it, no company that went from first to third party survived without consequences. Nintendo is not a special anowflake in the market. Going third party means losing resources and money. It's history that repeats itself, no matter how well Nintendo can manage their money better than SEGA.
>>
>>335948370
Hmmm wow you don't think this has anything to do with Sonys paid online do you? No that can't be Sony can do no wrong
>>
Sometimes I think it's the same thing you can do, and the rest of the first one is just awful. The WiiU absolutely does not justify the same thing you can do is
>>
>>335948364
Sticker Star was probably split into levels because it was on a handheld and fucked up the series forever and Star Fox uses the shit gimmick controls, so kinda.
>>
>>335948691
>If they could have also sold it on PS4 and Xbone it would have sold several million copies and been hugely profitable for them.
Bayonetta 1 barely managed to hit the 2 million units sold on two consoles, 360 and ps3, at bargain bin prices. You are deluded to the max.
>>
>>335948921
And even if it were, it's fucking pathetic that one aspect of Sony's operation is outdoing the entirety of Nintendo.
>>
>>335942653
Wii U owner
I want Nintendo to fucking die.
>>
File: 1424971518701.jpg (146 KB, 1800x1800) Image search: [Google]
1424971518701.jpg
146 KB, 1800x1800
>>335948652
That's actually really sad. And it just hit me Nintendo might even charge for online on the NX now too.
>>
>>335948046
>That's not complaints

>Those are nitpicks because they can't handle their autism at a different design

It's not "different design," it's worse design. Voicing complaints that Nintendo isn't doing a good job any more isn't autistic. On the other hand, eating up whatever shit Nintendo puts out just because it's Nintendo is pretty autistic.

Plus, the complaints which that anon listed are hardly nitpicks
>Amiibo
Pretty much DLC except with cheap chunks of plastic instead of being digital. Locks away content and bloats games with unnecessary features.
>Weak Hardware
Can't really call this one a nitpick, the Wii U and the Wii heavily underperform compared to everything else, plus their architecture makes it very difficult for anyone who isn't Nintendo to take advantage of it.
>Region-Locking
Nobody wants this. There is nothing good about this. It's a pointless and anti-consumer move.
>Censorship
Wanting to play games as they were intended instead of being butchered by Treehouse is a valid concern.
>Games tied to hardware
This isn't really as big of a deal as the rest but games being tied to your account just makes way more sense.
>Shit gimmicks
>First party games are getting even worse
These two are pretty subjective but that hardly makes them invalid complaints.
>>
>>335949047
Games acquire cult followings typically after they're released, not before. It was a brand new IP and word of mouth accrues. You really think a game that was better in every way than the first wouldn't have sold better? The only reason it sold poorly is because no one owns a Wii U, the people who do only buy Mario

These storefront captchas are really fucking getting out of hand
>>
>>335948370

PSN has a monthly fee for nothing and non-gaming services. Really, that just means their fans are cancer.
>>
>>335944519
>Atari used to be the king of videogames. Since they went third party, they became irrilevant.
Atari went shit before they turned third-party. The company was split into two when the Tramiels bought the console manufacturing division and shit out the Lynx and Jaguar, while the arcade division went to operate independently as Tengen., where they published awesome stuff for the NES and Genesis.
>>
>>335948046

Nintentoddlers will defend anything nintendo does

Jesus christ
>>
>>335949390
So that's all you've got?
>>
>>335944519

I think that's more a case of "We've gone to shit so we're forced to go third party" and not "We've gone to shit ever since we went third party".

Or in other words, "first party Nintendo" is making "third party Nintendo" quality games but refuses to acknowledge it.
>>
>>335948035

>Holds them back

>>>>>always

You are aware that I it's just the Wii and Wii U right?
>>
>>335949113
What's pathetic? Sony has sold 40 million PS4s all of which require a 50$ a year fee to play online which is why many people bought the console in the first place. Also Sony is a multimillion if not billion dollar media company it would be pathetic if Nintendo made more than Sony not the other way around
>>
>>335942653
It'd be great. No longer would we have half-baked exclusives to justify a console purchase, instead they could focus on just making great games!
>>
>>335949667
>require
You can not pay for PSPlus, it's not required to turn on the system and play games
>>
>>335947604

>Single player

Uh no?

The only thing Amiibo had was reskin of existing weapons
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 240x179) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 240x179
It's Nintendo's time. They have gone far and beyond in the land of midiocre tastless garbage. One or two games maybe be good but not enough to get people interested. I say at best they should stick the handhelds and excell there like they have been. The creative department for their entire console division should be taken to the back and gunned down by squad fire for the sake of keeping the company on life support.
>>
>>335948357

That's a load of bullshit

Sega had a ton of IP's back in the day

You never see any of them outside Sonic racing and tennis
>>
>>335942653

Only shitposters. By going third person, Nintendo would have to give up money from hardware sales, the pure income of selling things online, and cuts from third parties. On top of that, Nintendo would have to give Microsoft/Sony/Valve cuts on their games whether online or retail.

Business perspective, that's a terrible decision and they would like cause them to collapse.
Consumer perspective, the eventual talent hemorrhage means worse games and less variety.

Basically, its like saying "I want Nintendo to die" and I don't understand why its not treated as shitposting.
>>
>>335942653
Nintendo was never good lmao
>>
>>335949870
You're forgetting being able to do single player missions with a charger, roller and as a kraken. Plus the minigames they unlock. It's like if Mario Kart hid time trials behind amiibo.
>>
I want hardware specifically designed around games. Multiplats can't offer that.
>>
>>335950343
Said no one ever
>>
>>335950072
Compared to nintendos offerings this gen, a sega console with outrun yakuza jsrf panzer dragoon and COD/AC/EA would be amazing.
>>
>>335943596
Whether you think your retarded understanding works or not

I own three wiiu titles but not a cent towards a toddler box.
>>
>>335942653
I don't want casual shit.
Please end yourself.
>>
>>335952885
>implying Nintendo is already as casual as it gets

Have you played their recent games? You can't get any more hand-holding than a gen 8 Nintendo game
>>
>>335947869
> giving a shit about a dead company's revenue.
Nintendo can save a massive amount of their budget and oxygen by investing in some rope or cyanide
>>
>>335950546
With hardware supporting game design you wind up with shit like splatoon.
>>
>>335950343
>I don't care that third-party devs don't want to design games around one gimmick
>I want a system with a handful of meme games
Well, your loss
>>
>>335950121
>cuts from third parties
These don't exist
>>
>MY PS4/XBOXONE DON'T HAVE GAMES, NINTENDO PLS GIB GAMES
NINTENDO DOOMED
MARIO ON IPHONE AND SONY PLATFORMS
SONY WINS
SONY WINS
SONY WINS
O
N
Y

W
I
N
S
>>
>>335950121
Finally, someone makes fucking sense.
>>
Nintendo would not be itself outside of it's own hardware.
>>
>>335942653
No.

Honestly if anything happened to Nintendo I'd want their games to go under with them.

Why? Just to piss everyone off that wants them on other consoles.
>>
>>335956314
>finally someone agrees with me
FTFY
Nintendo wouldn't be giving up any money from hardware sales because no company makes a profit from selling consoles.
Nintendo already gives people cuts from the games they publish because the a lot of games they release are developed by outside studios (Platinum, Team Ninja, etc.)

There's perfectly good reasons for Nintendo to keep making consoles, and there's perfectly good reasons for Nintendo to go third party. Anyone who says one of these answers is shitposting is a fanboy.
>>
>>335942653
>b-b-but muh brand loyalism
>>
I would prefer it for them to open their own pc store like Steam or Origin.
That way I wouldnt need to buy a console at all.

I would rather play the new fire emblem with a mouse that on the 3ds.
BTW, I own both Wii U and 3DS.
>>
>>335942653
Yes

See Sega
>>
>>335958358

I would prefer this as well, but whenever it's suggested, people vomit radioactive bile shooting it down without giving any real answer as to how it would be bad for us as consumers.

>p-pcuck!
>>
I wouldn't care.

I've bought every system of theirs since the 64 for their games, and console war faggotry is bad enough.
>>
>>335942653
A company that's as Japan-centric as Nintendo would likely push most of their IP onto mobile games or pachinko if it ever came to that. So be careful what you wish for.
>>
>>335957192
I don't understand this fanboy mentality. I've been a Nintendo fan since 1993, and I've bought all their consoles from the NES to the WiiU. However, I won't be buying the NX, and I dislike having to buy weak, gimmicky consoles in order to play their IP, only to have said franchises ruined by forced gimmicks, see: Skyward Sword, SFZ, etc... I really liked the Nintendo of the 4th and 5th gena. However, the Nintendo of now doesn't put out tge same quality, and desu, their games mot good enough nor plentiful to justify buying a console just for them anymore.

I only buy Nintendo consoles to play Nintendo games, however, modern Nintendo games are forced with gimmicks to show off the uniqueness of their console.

I don't want to play Nintendo games with gimmicks, and would like to endulge in variety and more powerful hardware, while still being able to enjoy GOOD Nintendo games.

Them going 3rd party works out just fine.

So why the brand loyalty? If you truly enjoyed their games, you'd want to keep playing them on other hardware, no?
>>
>>335958762
>>335958358
Not a terrible idea, since Steam really needs some competition.
But remember that Nintendo's target audience are mostly kids, and kids don't play on the PC. Even when the do, they are stuck with a laptop. Maybe a mid-tier PC at best.
>>
>>335959261
A mid-tier pc is still more powerful than your average Nintendo console though.
>>
>>335959261
The Wii tells me Nintendo wouldnt have problems making games that run on toasters.

2 years ago I went on vacations to Ushuaia (in Argentina), the southernmost city in the world, and the son of the hotel owner was emulating Mario 64 in the PC of the hotel reception, if third world kids can live on a gaming diet of pirated and emulated pc games, first world kids can learn to buy nintendo games on pc.
>>
>>335942653
Either way works for me. As long as Nintendo's IPs don't vanish (since I like them), I don't really care if they switch to making software only.
>>
>>335942653
I'd just like them to get their heads out of their collective asses. Splatoon is proof they still have creative talent, just put the old fogies like Miamoto out to the farm already.
>>
>>335959197
>to the WiiU. However, I won't be buying the NX, and I dislike having to buy weak, gimmicky consoles in order to play their IP

You could at least pretend to not lie. The "gimmicks" have been around since N64 with cartridge-based games, than GC with the mini discs, than Wii with wagglan.

Not the guy you're responding too and I don't particularly care if they went 3rd party but your post was horrendously obnoxious.
>>
>>335942918
Bronys/Homestuck/Undertale was worse
>>
>>335959458
>>335959527
It doesn't matter if a PC has more raw horsepower than a console. If devs can optimize games for consoles much more effectively because there are no differences between hardware between each WiiU or each PS4. For PCs, devs can't optimize games nearly as well because everyone has a different machine with different parts, different drivers, etc.

Also, optimization isn'tt the only problem. The one major flaw of PC gaming is that games often run into problems on people's machines. It's the same thing with the graphics, different people have different PCs. This means that people are going to run into a wide variety of problems, and kids can't operate computer's well enough to fix these problems, or the patience to even try.
>>
File: IMG_20160430_022211.jpg (1012 KB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160430_022211.jpg
1012 KB, 2592x1456
>>335959626
Or you could not be such a fanboy cocksucker faggtron.

The "gimmicks" on the 64 and GCN didn't affect the gameplay, and that's why they made great games. Meanwhile the Wii introduced a fuckton of wagglan, and the WiiU "assymetric gameplay" which made their games WORSE than they could've been.

Pic related is my WiiU, with timestamp to boot. Eat a fucking dick you stupid fucking fanboy.
>>
Does anybody here know how to close the sd card door on the Wiiu? I feel like a fucking retard for asking, but I've been poking around the thing for 20 minutes now and no luck. Is there some secret Nintendo way that I'm forgetting here?
>>
>>335960851
>fanboy cocksucker faggtron.
>Eat a fucking dick you stupid fucking fanboy.
Man you sure are mad at dumb shit.

Some of the gimmicks are dumb but don't go on about "Man I've loved them forever but I hate [new thing]", when the NX hasn't even had literally anything about it confirmed.

Plus the game pad is miles better than the wii in terms of obtrusive gimmicks.
>>
File: 1452133027919.jpg (43 KB, 283x253) Image search: [Google]
1452133027919.jpg
43 KB, 283x253
I have a WiiU and a 3DS and a lot of games, but I still sort of hope for Nintendo to go bankrupt and quit making games.

I feel like if they went under, I might be able to break free from the stranglehold video games possesses on my life, cuz I don't really play any other video games
>>
I don't get why people say every game they make has gimmicks or motion control. A good majority of them allow traditional controls and/or options to use a Classic Controller. I mean who plays something like Smash Bros Brawl/Wii U or Mario Kart Wii/8 with the Wii Remote by itself normally for most people?
>>
>>335961219
You would just get addicted to something else
>>
>>335942653
There was a point when I would have had a problem, but them going third party would also subsequently destroy NoA, so no, I wouldn't mind.
>>
For home consoles I don't give a shit. I fear that if they did go 3rd party Sony wouldn't be able to keep up handheld consoles on their own and they'd die out.
>>
>>335961103
Yeah, I'm mad at morons who believe that if you don't praise every turd Nintendo turns out, then you're lying, and you don't own their consoles.

No, Nintendo is shit now, they would benefit from going 3rd party as these last two gens have convinced me they've lost their touch.

And while nothing about the NX is confirmed, you can be certain Nintendo will be pulling another gimmick. Enjoy your streaming machine/handheld-console hybrid.

I like Ninrendo games. I like what Nintendo games can be. But don't go and defend these last two miserable years handed to the WiiU. 90% of its games were mediocre as fuck. This is not the Nintendo I knew and loved as a kid.
>>
>>335961567
Wii U has been pretty mediocre, and sorry for assuming I guess but your post reeks of "No guys I totally love this game series BUT we should get rid of it / change it / etc."
>>
>>335961289
Smash WiiU has plenty of gimmicks and casual appeal, even if they don't deal with WiiU hardware.
>>
>>335942653
no
>>
>>335961658
It reeks of that cause I'm frustrated. I'm frustrated at what they've become, and I'm frustrated at the fact that the main people at fault for this are the people who praise everything they do and don't hold them to higher standards. The hipsters who buy anything with a Nintendo brand on it, and lash out at anyone who dares criticize them, even if it's valid/constructive criticism.

I've been a Nintendo fan for a looooooooon time. Most of my life in fact, 22 years to be exact, and I think it's the longtime fans who are most upset/critical of Nintendo these days.
>>
File: Robobot.png (159 KB, 404x244) Image search: [Google]
Robobot.png
159 KB, 404x244
>>335961567
>Yeah, I'm mad at morons who believe that if you don't praise every turd Nintendo turns out, then you're lying, and you don't own their consoles.

I'm not that dude, but of course people criticize them, but that doesn't mean they agree with everything they've done. I like them, but they have done things I don't agree with. But there is a middle ground. I still feel their 3DS output is great and I appreciate them for that. They can do better, and they can improve hopefully as they've done in the past.

>>335961661
Such as? Do you mean Smash Tour? Everybody ignores that aside from unlocking stuff. Still better then Brawl, in some ways. Crap like random tripping being gone, balance patches, a For Glory Mode (that admittedly can be better but it's still nice to see they recognize that people play it in a competitive manner as well), and so on.
>>
>>335962030
I'm 22 as well, I'm just more apathetic to the state of things.
>>
>>335946896
you mean THIS?
http://www.nintendo.com/birthday-wallpaper
>>
>>335962087
>>335962158
The Nintendo of today is known for being "different" be it for better or worse. The Nintendo I grew up with wasn't known for that, they were known for being the best.

Also, for the record I guess, I'm actually 25, I started playing NES when I was 3.
>>
>>335961567
>if you don't praise every turd Nintendo turns out, then you're lying, and you don't own their consoles.
This argument is extremely common around here

It's really annoying too, it's like anyone who has a negative opinion about anything is a shitposter. Positive opinions can originate from people who have shit taste too, you know
>>
>>335959261

I'm not an Apple guy, but I feel that if Ninty went digital, they should aim to perform on whatever the current MacBook is on what would have been their normal hardware update schedule.
>>
never happening.

But if it did, i'd rather they do mobile or PC. Sony never ever.
>>
>>335963003
Nintendo is already a mobile developer, effectively making them 3rd party

Why do you think it's so improbable as to be impossible for them to make actual games for other platforms?
>>
>>335962087
Yes, Smash Tour for starters. Even if its ignored that's still wasted dev time that coulda gone to something better. Another would be the Mii fighters.

Or, better yet, 90% of the new stages with the hazards and bosses, the fact that FG is such shit only makes it worse.

Finally, how about the fact that an unnecessary portable version was developed with it?

This is the Nintendo philosophy, rather than polish what's good and come out with something better, they hust ignore all that, toss in gimmicks and reinvent the wheel for no reason.

Brawl and WiiU are both guilty of this. Melee was great cause it expanded and polished what began in 64. People expected Brawl to be just that, but instead it adopted the Nintendo philosophy of reinventing things and tossing in gimmicks rather that tackling the game at its core abd improving what needed improvement.

PM is what Brawl should have been, and it was loved because of that. And I don't even mean the muh Melee-like physics, but just the new modes and creative content added, likevthe design behind the character movesets. It just makes you think "why didn't Sakurai think of that?" Just the general philosophy of it is one of expanding and improving, and one all Ninrendo fans wishes they'd do with ALL their IP. Take SFZ for example.
>>
>>335963168
I played the 3DS version for like 130 hours in a span of two weeks or so.

I've barely touched the wii u version, it's a lot more boring.
>>
File: 1421791754989.gif (273 KB, 189x189) Image search: [Google]
1421791754989.gif
273 KB, 189x189
I think the people who want Nintendo to go third party are missing the point that it would still be the same people working on their games making them as gimmicky and soulless as they are now.

Its not a matter if they go third-party or not, they need to fucking restructure
>>
>>335962441
>The Nintendo of today is known for being "different" be it for better or worse. The Nintendo I grew up with wasn't known for that, they were known for being the best.

And that's understandable. But you know, things can always change. New leadership, new system, etc. Also that's pretty harsh. They may not be the A student anymore but that doesn't mean they're flunking school either.

>>335963168
I agree with Smash Tour cause as the mode currently is, it's probably barely used. I don't see what's necessarily wrong with Mii Fighters. I'm sure a lot of people wanted to play as their Miis.

>>335963168
>Finally, how about the fact that an unnecessary portable version was developed with it?

People have demanded for handheld Smash Bros in the past. The 3DS sales alone have proved that selling significantly more than the Wii U version.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2008/02/21/gdc-2008-sakurai-denies-smash-on-ds

>Fans of the Super Smash Bros series have been asking for a handheld version ever since the Nintendo DS was announced. Games like Jump Ultimate Stars have only strengthened the demand, showing that the fighter would be well suited for the system. At the Game Developer's Conference we got a chance to sit down with Super Smash bros Creator Masahiro Sakurai and we of course asked about the possibility of a DS version in the future.

So a portable version wasn't necessarily unnecessary.

>>335963168
>This is the Nintendo philosophy, rather than polish what's good and come out with something better, they hust ignore all that, toss in gimmicks and reinvent the wheel for no reason.

A lot of Nintendo games still do that philosophy. But they get arguably called out on it as well. The NSMB games get called out on it. Pokemon gets called out on it.

What gimmicks did Brawl have? SSE? That's basically an expanded Adventure Mode from Melee.
>>
How likely is it? i heard people say that they can't really afford to make mistakes with the nx
>>
>>335963403
How? They're the same exact games?
>>
>>335942653
Couldn't give a fuck what they do anymore. All they want to churn out is gimmick filled shit with gyros/wiimotes attached to it or DLC filled Amiibo driven garbage.

Yes I'm bitter. Eat a dick.
>>
>>335963685
There's no smash run and the single player is tedious compared to 3DS.

The crazy/master hand missions are ok but not much of a condolence
>>
>>335962684
That's not such a bad idea, because it helps fix the problem I was talking about here >>335960330

Since there are only a handful of different kinds of Macs, devs won't have to worry about an unlimited number of different combinations of hardware and drivers. Also, the Mac is very short on games. Anything that isn't shovelware is just leftovers from the PC. This means that they don't have competition, they will just have a stranglehold on the entire market.
>>
>>335963625
SSE, and tripping are the first to come to mind.

And SSE was massively inferior to Adventure mode.

Also, Pokemon doesn't always expand and improve, sometimes they go back, and often times they blatantly rehash, see 3rd versions of games, or just the general structure/story of the games.

When they actually improve on shit and are original to boot, they get praised for it, see: HGSS, Gen 5, Colliseum. When they rehash, they get shit on, see ORAS.

NSMB was also a blatant Nostalgia-pandering rehash, that's why it got shit on, just like ORAS. And the first NSMB was alright, and wel-recieved, it was only when they churned out 3 more that people grew fed up.

As for handheld Smash, most people have shit taste, as DS controls are suitable for an intense high-twitch fighter. As a result this hurt the main game, and it shows. Less dev time meant less single player polish, no Ice Climbers due to hardware limits, and most importantly, a slower engine so the game is playable on the 3DS.

Smash 3DS really hurt the WiiU release. It was a needless gimmick, and they should have developed TWO seperate games at differebt times. THAT'S what people wagrd"truly wanted n
>>
If they do go third party I hope they only develop for PC just to spite Sony. So many edgy teenage tears would be shed.
>>
File: 1461617710012.jpg (31 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1461617710012.jpg
31 KB, 600x600
Would people on Sony's/Microsoft's consoles even buy Nintendo's games? They've bashed them for having the kiddiest games yet everyone expects them to sell millions of copies on them

Or are they just lying through their teeth such as >>335944743 and they probably want their games more than any other?
>>
>>335964372
>And SSE was massively inferior to Adventure mode.
What? Adventure in Melee was pretty short and relatively boring.

SSE is Adventure but better, but I guess people didn't like it because 'Adventure' or whatever in Sm4sh is even more bare bones than it was in 64
>>
>Always had Nintendo as a kid
>Sega was something my friend had, and it was neat
>Playstation was at my dad's house until my mom bought me a PS2 for at home
>Have a soft spot for all video games, have grown up playing a little bit of everything
>Love my 3DS
>Bought some VC games on it because it's fun to play Mega Man on break at work
>Can't download [VC game] I already owned on Wii for Wii U without paying a $1.50 for the privilege of playing it on the Wii U pad
>Have to re-buy [VC game] that I've owned for years for $8 on 3DS despite having accounts linked and purchases visible
>Meanwhile when I bought my Vita, all those PS1 games I bought on PS3 can be dumped to my Vita for no charge, and this is after being able to do that on my PSP too
>Some games I bought on PS3 back in the day also have Vita and PS4 versions I got for free too
>And THEN there's Sega's badass update to the Genesis collection on Steam where they openly allow mods, even going as far as to advertise finally allowing rom hackers to share their creations as long as you bought the base game

You know what? Nintendo should just go third party. Sega has done a lot of cool shit in the past few years, and Nintendo is just the stubborn old grandpa who refuses to go back to his room and keeps shitting himself in the lounge area, insisting people just haven't given it a chance.
>>
>>335964372
>And SSE was massively inferior to Adventure mode.

At least they tried to reinvent Adventure Mode. Better then the lack of it in Smash 4. If they tried again, they probably could have improved upon the concept. Smash Run shows that they realized having more actual Nintendo enemies for a fanservce game is nice. And yes random tripping was a terrible idea but you know, they learned that was a terrible idea and removed it from Smash 4, which shows that they do learn from their mistakes.

>Also, Pokemon doesn't always expand and improve, sometimes they go back, and often times they blatantly rehash, see 3rd versions of games, or just the general structure/story of the games.
>When they actually improve on shit and are original to boot, they get praised for it, see: HGSS, Gen 5, Colliseum. When they rehash, they get shit on, see ORAS.
>NSMB was also a blatant Nostalgia-pandering rehash, that's why it got shit on, just like ORAS. And the first NSMB was alright, and wel-recieved, it was only when they churned out 3 more that people grew fed up.

I'm just saying they don't always reinvent the wheel with every game using those examples. Not every game from them is some experiment to them.

>As for handheld Smash, most people have shit taste, as DS controls are suitable for an intense high-twitch fighter. As a result this hurt the main game, and it shows. Less dev time meant less single player polish, no Ice Climbers due to hardware limits, and most importantly, a slower engine so the game is playable on the 3DS.

They were listening to the fans. Is that not something they should do? And people at the time didn't realize the hardware wouldn't be strong enough for that character. It's not like a handheld Smash is inherently a bad idea. People like handheld Mario Kart. Smash 3DS was made, to help the 3DS's financials, so I can see why they made both at the same time, since the 3DS sold badly initially.
>>
Honestly by this point, I feel like Nintendo going third-party is the kick in the pants they need to not be terrible anymore.

And maybe they can still make handhelds.
>>
Third party?

I think there's some merit there. But I think they should stop dicking around and just become publishers.
Buy a few smaller devs and get them to publish for them and even lease the IP and teams necessary from companies such as capcom and konami.
Even buy the remnants of THQ and put them and a few other smaller western devs under the control of NoA and NoE.

The lynchpin of all of this? The NX being a cheap relatively powerful system with a shitload of HD space and the ability to use any and all wireless nintendo peripherals and play dvd and blu-rays.
ALL for a relatively low cost of 200-250.
Know how people fucktard on about digital online market places being the future? They aren't. They are merely a cheaper and far far less profitable digital version of the old consoles.
Nintendo going full digitlal will fuck them in ways you can't even begin to comprehend. The WiiU should have been touted as an HDwii and should have been whored ceaselessly WHILE the wii was still popular and pushed a good looking HD zelda and mario and smash the whole time.

They don't need the multiplats that appear on the other consoles. Especially since they spent so much time alienating themselves from nintendo and some (ea) tried to bury them. Just get guys who can fill those niches with stuff that will sell to people who are attracted to the nintendo name.
Like Sega.

And I can see nintendo buying or helping fund the projects that wouldn't get off the ground on the ps4/xb1 core gaming systems and their philosophy.
Like that new beyond good and evil, it might not sell very well, but the fact that it stars a woman with unique skills and a story that women tend to go for will be a feather in their cap.
>>
>>335957468
After shunning 3rd party since Gamecube, I doubt the third party people will accept Nintendo. The best case scenario is someone sitting on the Nintendo IPs until they die, like Konami did with Hudson Soft.
>>
>>335965524
>The best case scenario is someone sitting on the Nintendo IPs until they die
>Mario and Pikachu, two of the most iconic characters in all of media
>Dying
toppest kek
>>
>>335963107
Pride. Competitors never ever. They have enough money to do that, sega would have done the same if they had the dough.
>>
>>335965524
Shunning 3rd parties?
How?
Know what. Fuck that.
Sony and Microsoft fucked their third parties like a black guy fucking a blue haired dyke.
Hard raw mercilessly and made her pay for the hotel room.

Nintendo gets the shit end because they don't need them, their games don't sell that well on nintendo systems and many third parties would rather their systems fail along with any smaller/lesser known dev who might accidentally gather a following and usurp their dominance.
>>
>>335965713
You know who had a bright future? Bomberman. Guess where he is now. Pachinko Machine.
>>
>>335957468
There isn't good reason though. Do you really think Splatoon or Smash would sell more on the PS4 than they did on the Wii U? 4 million copies for both is pretty fucking good, especially when they have to pay no-one royalties or licensing fees.

By comparison, the lauded 'best game' on PS4, Bloodborne, only sold 2 million copies.
>>
>>335965956
Bomberman had potential.

Mario's been a cultural icon across the planet for over 30 years.
>>
>>335965956
Bomberman?
Bright future?

Nigga are you stoned?

Bomberman was well known but not played much. Besides, I'm not sure anyone will be up to putting out a bomberman game nowadays.
>>
>>335942653
if they went third party they would irrevocably become the rehash machine that people accuse them of being. It would be yearly NSMB and Mario Kart until the cow was dry
>>
>>335966061
And people shit on his games harder then anyone else.
>>
I don't care one way or the other. I won't buy any Nintendo game whether it's on the NX, PC, or PS4. I have no interest in their games as of late. Maybe if they start making good games again, I'll care.
>>
>>335966191
On /v/, maybe.
>>
>>335963459
This this THIIIISSSS HOLY SHIT THANK YOU
>>
As a huge Nintendo fan, I'd love for them to go third party, but only if they retain complete control over their property. Would that be second party then? Whatever that is, I'd prefer it. I always get the Nintendo system each generation and then maybe one of the other two much later. I know Nintendo has made many poor decisions lately, but I honestly still prefer their IPs and design philosophies over any other company's. That said, it sucks to have a game system that is solely for Nintendo games with absolutely no third party support.

So yeah, if Nintendo maintained complete control over their projects, but built them for a Sony or Microsoft system, I'd be even happier.
>>
I'd really miss the quality of Nintendo's handheld hardware, but if they went third party and released on SteamOS so I could run their games in the living room at 4k I'd be ok with it.
>>
File: 1461414754211.jpg (174 KB, 632x1200) Image search: [Google]
1461414754211.jpg
174 KB, 632x1200
Basically

The only thing good they done this gen was the 3DS

AND THE 3DS WAS ONLY GOOD BECAUSE OF THE FUCKING THIRD PARTY SUPPORT

All the first party titles were complete trash

If wasn't for Layton/AA/EO/SMT/MH/Harvest Moon/Senran Kagura/Stella Glow/RF4 the 3DS would have been complete fucking garbage and not worth anyone time.
>>
>>335966045
> Do you really think Splatoon or Smash would sell more on the PS4 than they did on the Wii U?
It's not like it would sell any less, because there are a shitload more PS4 (and Xbox) owners than there are WiiU owners
>By comparison, the lauded 'best game' on PS4, Bloodborne, only sold 2 million copies.
But not the best selling game on the PS4. You know that though, which is probably why you picked it.

Also, I don;t know why are you only mentioning the PS4. You realize that the vidya marked doesn't just consist of the PS4 and the WiiU right?
>>
>>335966717
Why does it suck for them to make and publish games for their own hardware market place?

It's all profit for them and the only thing they are lacking now is a relatively cheap game

Sony and MS constantly talk about how great their third party games are and how nintendo is so kiddy and rehash filled so..why don't they just get those third parties they have to make games for ther...oh that's right.

Through short sighted marketing and retardation the rebuilt the industry so that they can only make the same 4 kinds of games that fewer and fewer of their whales are willing to buy.

Brilliant!

Meanwhile a game like splatoon can sell FOUR FUCKING MILLION COPIES and even digital versions fo console only titles are selling better on nintendo consoles!

Huh...seems like the kiddy casual nintendo audience are the more profitable for third parties who aren't the same AAA titles?

Nah, fuck that.
Let's try to get nintendo games that sony and ms fanboys hate on the ps and xb. That's sure to fatten the wallets of everyone and not just kill nintendo outright!
>>
>>335967147
>All the first party titles were complete trash

Talk about hyperbole. Holy crap. If you're being legit, elaborate why. Like I can understand some being lackluster as all hell (Island Tour) but some are honestly pretty legit like Planet Robobot which just came out.
>>
Should I sell my Wii U now or wait a little?
>>
>>335967576

3D Land, MK7, Pokemon Games, Kid Icarus were really bad.

You got your N64 remakes that were good I guess..
>>
>>335943596
Most consoles are sold at a loss and are supplemented by the game sales. You are a fucking idiot.
>>
>>335967250
It does because Nintendo is a Japanese game creator and publisher. How many Japanese games do you see on the Xbox One?

And the biggest selling PS4 games are shit like GTA 5, FIFA and CoD. I picked the first game that wasn't a huge AAA multiplat.
>>
File: Some Modes.jpg (544 KB, 1023x1280) Image search: [Google]
Some Modes.jpg
544 KB, 1023x1280
>>335967885
Can you elaborate why? I kind of agree with Pokemon, 3D Land, and MK7 that they were kind of weak (though 3D World and MK8 were a big step up, but they weren't what I call bad either, as they're still competent, not buggy, and runs well aside from Gen 6 unfortunately). I agree with Gen 6 being really weak for what it is admittedly with you. But Kid Icarus had a ton of content and tried to do a lot new for a revival.

I mean you can branch out more to other stuff if those weren't your cup of tea. Kirby is still top tier, and FE Conquest was a nice return to form.
>>
>>335967885
>Kid Icarus
>really bad

hey, fuck you, buddy
>>
File: 1430026177808.jpg (26 KB, 594x459) Image search: [Google]
1430026177808.jpg
26 KB, 594x459
>>335967956
Holy shit what are you talking about man?
What does your opinion on a game have to do with it's sales?
What does Nintendo being a Japanese game creator and publisher have to do with going third-party when the PS4 is going to overtake the WiiU in Japanese sales within the year? Not to mention that consoles like the N64 sold 4 times as many consoles in America than they did in Japan. I don't know where you get this idea that Nintendo can't sell things outside of Japan.
You haven't given one actual explanation on why Nintendo shouldn't go third-party, and I'm sure there's a few good reasons why it shouldn't.
>>
File: bruh.jpg (24 KB, 465x464) Image search: [Google]
bruh.jpg
24 KB, 465x464
>>335967147
>Stella Glow
>>
>>335942924
>I would still be a bit sad though
why? what's the downside for the consumer?
Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.