[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Defend this.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56
File: B-Team.jpg (148 KB, 694x362) Image search: [Google]
B-Team.jpg
148 KB, 694x362
Defend this.
>>
It introduced better mechanics like faster ladder climbing and more than one soul at a time.
>>
>>335934408
It's a good video game with flaws. It's overall quality is less than Dark Souls 1, but there's nothing in it as bad as Lost Izalith.
>>
>>335934408
If the game had weapon level instead of soul memory to stop twinking, the game would have been a lot better.
>>
>>335934565

Imagine if a decently crafted game was attached to those good quality of life improvements...
>>
>>335934408
it has its flaws, and its flaws are very apparent, however that doesn't mean the game is inherently terrible.

it still has a lot to offer, and the bad doesnt completely outweigh the good. if you play it knowing its flaws, while also accepting it's positives it can be a fun game
>>
File: 1458570190255.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1458570190255.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>335934408
How?
>>
File: 1277302195588.png (234 KB, 800x246) Image search: [Google]
1277302195588.png
234 KB, 800x246
defend this

but jokes aside, the souls series has always been trash

you can market any low budget boring game across the internet and retards will eat that shit up
>>
Pvp was nice. Backstep counters were satisfying as fuck
>>
>>335934734
This. I was able to get a roaring halberd fully upgraded with a dark build with dark clutch ring on a SL 20. That thing does about 800iah ar. Poor fuckers at sl20 don't even have that much fp
>>
>>335934408
Lots of build variety and viability
>>
>>335935060
the PS controller thumb position is a lot more natural and comfortable
>>
The game doesn't shit on you for daring to use a non-straight sword.
>>
>>335934408

non-linear progressing
>>
>>335934408

This
>>335935401

Also most the areas in the game looked vastly different from each other and there is a lot of variety there, which is something that they really fucked up in DaS 3

The game only gets linear about 2/3rds through the game, so early on you a few choices on where to go

The game was ok, DLC was really strong though
>>
>>335935493
it really is not, your thumb is almost fully extended towards the right making moving the stick to the right a little stiff because it's already almost at it's max range of movement.

the right stick is kept in a similar situation because that's used to control the camera (generally) which does not need as much access since you right thumb is mostly pressing the face buttons anyway.
>>
>>335935967

All the areas look like generic deviant art concepts and their continuity makes apsolutly no sense even within there own levels.
>>
>>335936089
>All the areas look like generic deviant art concepts and their continuity makes apsolutly no sense even within there own levels.

What does that have to do with anything I said?

I said that the areas look vastly different from each other, which they do
>>
Why did it look so bad?

I mean there's still bad textures even in 3 but 2 looks worst than 1 in some cases
>>
>>335934408
I liked powerstancing
>>
>>335936238

And its all in vain because you can not immerse yourself in the world so who cares how different they look.

Il take a game with similar but thematically consistent looking environments then a disjointed mess.
>>
>>335936418
>you can not immerse yourself in the world
That's more a failing of the player and not the game itself. I was enormously immersed when exploring Drangleic, but it varies depending on people I've talked to
>>
>>335936418
>you can not immerse yourself in the world

Good thing I play games for the gameplay, which means DaS 2 is the best in the whole trilogy.
>>
>>335936418
top irony

especially after all the bloodborne shitposting
>>
>>335936621

Before entering the tunnel that leads to Drangleic Castle you see the tower in front of you on a huge cliff, when entering the tunnel you travel aabout 10 steps and suddenlly your on the same elevation as the castle and now instead of the tower being ahead of you its completely to the right of you...

If that's my problem then maybe I just have something called standards and expectations.
>>
This armor set
>>
I could beat it properly with an ultra greatsword.

also: I love Scholar and Hexes 4 lyfe. Fuck what they did to them in 3.
>>
>>335936418
>muh immersion
>>
File: b-team's moving castle.webm (3 MB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
b-team's moving castle.webm
3 MB, 680x383
>>335936895
>>
>>335936089
Who gives a shit about continuity of locations.

Fucking Dark Souls 3 is also shit in that regard because the first flame is "making the transitory lands converge."
>>
>>335937054

So I shoulden't be engaged by the game and immersed in its gameplay and world?

Are you some kind of fucking retard?
>>
>>335937217

b-but... look how cool it looks!!!!! you never explore the tower
>>
Mock gesture
>>
>>335937253

At least when you see a valley and a tower in the distance its a place you can actually explore and its pretty much 1-1 the distance scale it should be
>>
At least it's better than Dark Swords 3
>>
>>335934408
I like it. I don't care what /v/ say
>>
>>335934734
>The biggest problem with Dark Souls 2 is PvP.

Why do people fuss over the gimmick multiplayer? There are way worse things about it.
>>
>>335936643

No dude, you're supposed to forget gameplay, mechanics, QoL improvements, and everything quality about the game, the levels connect funny so it's a shit game
>>
>>335937943

Gameplay and QoL improvements mean nothing if the enemies levels and bosses are are shit.

a shame those good things weren't placed in a good well thought out game.
>>
>>335938193
Exactly that's what I'm saying, even though it's a better game than DaS 1 in most ways including gameplay which makes a game a game, it's shit because the levels connect funny
>>
>>335935340
You are the reason soul memory exists

Congrats
>>
>>335938485
No, it exists because B-team is stupid.
He just explained that the Soul Memory failed to prevent anything.
>>
>>335938193
>enemies
Were fine, no better or worse than DS 1 enemies.
>bosses
Were fine, only problem was the final boss was way too easy and not very memorable, but plenty of DS 1 bosses were awful and forgettable (Stray Demon, all of lost Izalith)
>levels
Looked fine and were cool

Not really seeing the problem here
>>
>>335938681
>enemies
a few enemies had severe hitbox issues, and they constantly would be attacking away from you and do a sudden 180. it'd be like playing an fps and having enemies pretty much aimbotting. it's not challenging, just cheap.

>bosses
a lot of bosses were very similar and just kind of boring at best, annoying at worst like being thrown into a small room with 15 lesser mobs and calling it a boss
>>
>>335934408
Its a good game, but a sub par souls game.
>>
>>335934408
Worse then the other souls games, but not a bad game
>>
>>335939250
>>335939296

All the more reason to shit on it it needs to be communicated that they can do better and have done better.

Because god forbid the 10/10 reviews don't communicate that.
>>
File: 1461271811433.jpg (1 MB, 1350x3900) Image search: [Google]
1461271811433.jpg
1 MB, 1350x3900
Just finished it yesterday. It was god tier. Glad I didnt fall for the memes
>>
>>335939528
except hardcore soulsfags are stupid and when they make a more closely regarded game to DaS1 all i hear is people shitting on it for Fan service and call backs to the first. The old demon king for example is constantly shit on for being a reskin taurus demon yet it has a different moveset and different phases
>>
>>335934408
Better than DaS3 in more ways than not.
>>
>>335939138
>a few enemies had severe hitbox issues, and they constantly would be attacking away from you and do a sudden 180. it'd be like playing an fps and having enemies pretty much aimbotting. it's not challenging, just cheap.

Sounds like you were rolling way too early.

>a lot of bosses were very similar and just kind of boring at best, annoying at worst like being thrown into a small room with 15 lesser mobs and calling it a boss
Royal Rat Authority was lame, but Mirror Knight, Pursuer, Demon of Song, Sentinel Trio, Fume Knight, Sir Alonne, Darklurker, and especially Ivory King weren't boring, they were really good. Ivory King is one of my favorite boss fights in the series.

>>335939796
Glad you didn't get tricked, friend.
>>
>>335939796
>Darklurker
>god tier
>>
File: 1457322950811.png (9 KB, 362x358) Image search: [Google]
1457322950811.png
9 KB, 362x358
>>335939796
>smelter demon in god tier

what an image
>>
>>335939982
His mid tier is mytha and katja, so god tier is barely passable tier.
>>
>>335937483
isn't the top of the tower where the embedded is?
>>
>>335939912

>rolling early is an excuse for enemies moving and flipping in completely unnatural ways
>>
>>335940202

Oh yeah sorry that completely lackluster and dull elevator is all that exist in the magnificent tower.
>>
>>335934408
it's a big game
>>
>>335939912
>Sounds like you were rolling way too early.
nope, the enemies just track you in an odd way with their attacks so that it looks entirely unnatural and out of place

pursuer had a bad hitbox issues with his stab attack, but a lot of the bosses were too similar with very minor adjustments
>>
>>335939982
>hating on the only good boss in the base game
>>
>>335940408
For you
>>
>The run back to Smelter Demon

Is there a reason enemies from the other side of the room aggro?
>>
>>335941048
You mean the archers? They're doing their job.

I don't know what to say about the other enemies.
>>
>>335941048
The agro range in that zone is ridiculous.
Buy a fire resist ring to help with Smelter demon.
>>
>>335934408
Better than III.
>>
>Enemies die after 10 times so you don't have to go through the mundane task of killing them if your dieing like a bitch
>Bonfire ascetics are fucking great and im angry they are not in DaS3
>New enemies spawn in NG+ giving it more replay value
>Humanoid enemies actually aren't all that bad and provide more of challenge for the most part
>more varied locations
>poise made ultra greatswords badass
>Weapon balance for PvE was more balanced and allowed for more creativity
>Jobbing giant made leveling up so much more easier it was of no issue if you wanted to get to PvP meta level
>Lucatiel was a pretty cool nigga
>Had more customization options then DaS1 for character creation
>Majula's theme is pretty fucking comfy
>Desert Sorcerer top
>DLC was 10 out 10 if you didn't count how similar the soldiers where
>THE DARK
>Blighttown 2 didn't actually suck
>"HOW FUCKING DEEP IS THIS SHIT HOLE"

I loved DaS2
>>
>>335936014
it really is because of the grips on the controller naturally tilt your hand same way the xbox controller tilts your hand so your thumb naturally lays where the analog stick is.
>>
>>335941048
run to the right instead of left after the bridge, jump past the hole. this way all the shit that was following you will turn back since they can't follow you (and some will fall in the lava). make sure you turn around and put your shield up right after cause of the archer right in front of you. this is on base, dunno about scholar though probably the same strategy applies.
>>
It's fine if you don't compare it to the rest of the souls series. Contrarians on /v/ will like to tell you it was a 0/10 just because it wasn't as good as 10/10s in the series like Bloodborne and Dark Souls.
>>
>>335934408
Its PVP scene has more than 5 weapons unlike its predecessor.

As much as some parts were bad, it was one hell of a fun time going through. Will probably play it again after beating DSIII ng+2
>>
>>335939796
I beat it a few days ago don't meme me every boss in that game was gimmicky and disappointing. I didn't die to any boss more than 3 times. The smelter demon was so bad holy shit I beat him without healing. All you do is backup when his stomach is flaring and then attack him after his slow ass attacks. Get that shitty image away from me.
>>
Dark Souls 3 really made me appreciate the game more, especially the DLCs which absolutely shit on Dark Souls 3's uninspiree levels. But also the combat is much better because while it has its issues with tedious encounters later on, at least it doesn't consist mostly of R1 mashing and requires you to dodge and counter. Also heavy weapons aren't garbage.
>>
>>335941480
>Its PVP scene has more than 5 weapons unlike its predecessor.

And more than its successor.
>>
probably last time i'm gonna get to post this shit

>Can use more than one consumable at a time
>Grid layout in inventory
>3 weapon slots in each hand, four ring slots, 10 consumable slots
>Dual wielding/power stance, can actually use fists
>Far more variety in viable weapons, magic, shields, rings, and weapon enchants
>Can weapon imbue shields, staffs, bows
>On-use effects with weapons aren't useless
>Backstepping is viable
>Feinting/Animation canceling
>Guard breaking
>Overpowering someone's guard leads into a riposte
>Two handed parrying
>No invincibility during ripostes/backstabs
>More variety in weapons that can hit through shields
>Can invade anywhere at any point and get someone
>Can be invaded while hollow
>Invaders can't heal with consumables
>Can white/gold phantom anywhere at any point and get someone
>Small white soapstone for being a shade
>Blue covenant actually works
>More PvP covenants
>Covenants that aren't straight up useless
>Poise isn't fucking retarded
>Sprinting on ladders, estus on ladders
>Jumping is much easier to do now that it doesn't share a button with something else
>60 fps
>More consumables
>Messaging system allows compound statements, more variety
>Torches, Pharros Lockstones
>Bonfire Ascetics
>Can roll out of gestures
>New game + onward has additional various enemies, changing several encounters
>Can aim with crossbows
>Bolts/arrows have separate slots
>Can aim weapons in different directions while locked on
>Can run in any direction while locked on
>Rolling/stamina thresholds are more dynamic and don't have hard cutoffs (except for 70%)
>Respeccing
>>
>no bonfire ascetic in dark souls 3
what a joke senpai
are there still torches in dark souls 3 at least?
>>
>>335941420
>It's fine if you don't compare it to the rest of the souls series.
doing that is silly though, it should be compared to the rest of the series.
>>
>>335934408
Better NG+ and Covenants than Dark Souls 3
>>
>>335941753
is this a list of things that weren't in Dark Souls 1?

holy shit, if it is. dark souls 2 is good
>>
>>335942195
>are there still torches in dark souls 3 at least?

Yes and you only have to use it in one level to get rid of the leeches and that's it.
>>
>>335942195
Yes, you buy it from the first merchant you meet. The timer's gone, also, so you just buy one and you're good.
>>
>>335934408
I had more fun with 2 than 3
>>
Just playing through it for the first time and I agree with >>335934627

Everyone said this game was shit but I really disagree, although I don't know what exactly they changed in SotFS that might have addressed some complaints. The level design is solid, most of the bosses are really fun (if a little easy), but the game reaches neither the high points nor the lows of Dark Souls 1. It's just more consistently good throughout.

I'm loving it so far. Just finished the Dragon Shrine and can't wait to start on the DLC.
>>
Binoculars were in the weapon slots instead of a slow to use item.
>>
>>335942494
Same. 3 just feels tedious.
>>
>>335936014
Someones fingers are too chubby for playstation controllers.
>>
Anyone who defends this shitty game is either a bandwagoner who never played DeS or DkS1 or a legit retard.
>>
>>335943608
Demon's Souls is the worst. I couldn't stomach more than one playthrough.
>>
>>335934408
Still better than 95% of the crap that comes out
>>
>>335943608
>Dark Souls 2 is shit memer calling others bandwagoners

Zero self-awareness. It's amusing that only the Souls fanbase is so fucking idiotic when it comes to this, not even Castlevania fans get this fucking stupid about the ups and downs of the series.
>>
It had a way better menu system than DaS, though that isn't saying much.
>>
>>335943797

Because
>>335939528

If your ok with them putting out mediocrity then w/e I'm not.
>>
Loved it, only times it felt bad was Harvest Valley / Earthen Peak. That area is complete shit. But Mytha boss fight is pretty cool
>>
>>335941616
>Look guys I'm hardcore
ok. But the game was still good, and fun.
>didn't die more than 3 times to Elana
woah we got a badass over here
I bet you use summons too
>>
>>335942515
>The level design is solid
That's now how you spell mediocre.
>>
>>335944146
You're shitposting in a /v/ thread that will soon stop existing. Drop that shitty pretense, it's absurd.
>>
>>335939796
you know the game is shit when ruins sentinel is in top tier
>>
>Health caps at half of max whenever you die
>Enemies don't respawn so you can acutally reach a level up limit if you permanently lose souls
>have to go to some central hub to level up
>only start with 2 Estus flasks

Basically DK2 added these little annoyances to make the game harder and I hate it for that.
>>
>>335943797
So the people who brought up legit complaints about the game the week it came out were memers aswell? ok bud.
>>
File: 1461615379472.jpg (87 KB, 286x750) Image search: [Google]
1461615379472.jpg
87 KB, 286x750
>>335934408
>Best build variety from the souls series
>Powestance
>Best Armor and weapon designs from the souls series (BB not included)
>Managed to be difficult using different aspects from DaS1, unlike DaS3
DaS3 let me down on so many aspects both mechanically and storywise, DaS2 had the balls to try something new, something different, the ammount of callbacks and references in DaS3 make me fucking cringe, the new ''twin'' weapons also make me want to hurl.
>>
>>335944558

Keep convincing yourself I'm shitposting.

If that's how you sleep at night its not for me to judge
>>
>>335935060
why doesn't this show the right side of the Xbox controller where you're literally doing the exact same thing as the PlayStation controller
>>
>>335945010
What, the whole SHOCKWAVES thing? Of course they were. Now, the people pointing out legitimate flaws after weren't memers, but the vast majority of them did not spew shit like "Dark Souls 2 is irredeemable garbage and anyone who likes it is retarded", which is what the meme loving faggots do nowadays.
>>
>>335944837
>Literally wrong you lose a sliver each time you die, if you get cursed it seems to be close to half.
>What is bonfire ascetic, summoning, ng+ and why the fuck do you need to grind in the easiest souls game?
>You have to do that in DeS and DS3
>You start with 1 but have access to unlimited lifegems less than an hour in

I'm pretty much convinced DS2 hate is purely people who miss the point of souls games. The improvements were vast and the only thing that got worse was level design.
>>
>>335945021

They aren't call back and references they are a continuation of the world .

I can't believe people defend Ds2 as "trying something new"

It didn't try anything new it flung shit at a wall and then hamfisted "its really the soul of that one thing from the previous game remember it?
>>
>>335945080
You came in the thread and without offering a single argument or discussion point just called everyone a bandwagoner or a retard. And now you're somehow convinced that you're doing some kind of noble work spreading the message. Idiot.
>>
>>335945465

I never once called anyone a bandwagoner so learn to fucking 4chan
>>
>>335945301

you dont use the right side for constant movement, you obvious fucking retard

the DS3/DS4 shape is awkward as fuck
>>
>>335944837
None of what you said is valid or even true
>>
blue flame was a pretty neat weapon
>>
Powerstance
>>
>>335945393
Anor fucking Londo is throwing shit at a wall, I can't believe anyone would defend 3 after using Gwyndolin as a meat puppet just ''because'', that's complete shit.
>its really the soul of that one thing from the previous game remember it
Yes, but no, the bosses are very different, the bed of chaos and the lost sinner have nothing in common, the one boss you could say is the same would be the rotten, but aside from that, they are not the same at all, the souls that influenced life are still around in DaS2, but they were never destroyed in DaS1, besides, the theme also repeats in DaS3 so what are you on?
>>
>>335945321
But shockwaves were a thing. I not only played the game as i have it installed in my pc.
I think people that negate this either didn't played it at release or played it at 30 fps. Because all you needed to do to experience it was boot the game.
>>
>>335940402
Why are you so upset about the tower?
>>
>>335939912
>Sounds like you were rolling way too early.

no not really. The little shits in the gutter were among the worst offenders to me as far as retarded hitboxes go
>>
>>335945321
But the game IS complete Garbage. Theres is nothing good about it. It plays worse than the others, it looks worse than the others and it invited the whole "I beat this totally hard and cool game, am I a real gamer!" crowd into the series. And dont pretend the DkS2 defence force is any better than the shockwave fags. Every fucking complaint about stupid enemy placement and forced difficulty is met with "lel git gut do i fit in yet xD" spam and no real counterargument. Because deep down they know their beloved first souls game isn't as good as they think it is, but they have to somehow legitimize their 1000 hours in a mediocre game.
>>
>>335946068
>Anor fucking Londo is throwing shit at a wall, I can't believe anyone would defend 3 after using Gwyndolin as a meat puppet just ''because'', that's complete shit.
Those are the people that defend 2. I'm not surprised at all.
>>
Hope you like backtracking ;D
>>
>>335946083

Because I was expecting something cool something grand but instead you got something thrown together in a afternoon
>>
>>335946226
>Door does not open from this side
>Contraption does not move
>>
File: 1461229799052.gif (565 KB, 367x265) Image search: [Google]
1461229799052.gif
565 KB, 367x265
>>335936898
Yeah actually.. Thats about it.
>>
>>335946226
>not enjoying coming back to old levels to find new shit
>>
>>335946203
>It's ok when miyazaki-sama does it
Suck a dick.
>>
>>335946226
>A giant golden barrier blocks your way.
>a magic space time distortion force field that can only be passed by people holding a doll blocks your way.
>>
>>335946226
where is this? I dont remember this statue at all
>>
>>335946068

How dare they continue the story from the first game!

Yeah man these 2 completely unrelated things being related is not hamfisted!
>>
Floating lava castle
>>
>>335946076
Yes shockwaves were a thing. It's a bit wonky but if you understand the game and get your agility to 105 you really shouldn't get hit by it. There weren't that many enemies with it, yeah it probably lead to some bullshit deaths but when a fucking giant is stomping the ground you better believe he's going to create a shockwave. It also served to stagger you a little if you were too close the the swing, which I thought was neat. If that's your biggest complaint with 2 though... I don't know.
>>
>>335946523
>>335946497
>>335946354

These fucking things are everywhere

Are you really going to compare backtracking to entire new locations to backtracking to open a chest with worthless loot
>>
>>335936895
>If that's my problem then maybe I just have something called standards and expectations.
While you praise the "going down some stairs changes the flow of time" game?
>>
>>335946527
How about some new concepts? I can't believe anyone would eat this much pandering in any game.
>>
>>335946527
>DS1, The fire is fading and you need to kill powerful souls so you can rekindle it or let it go out.
>DS3, The fire is fading a lot and you need to kill powerful revived souls so you can rekindle it a little or let it go out.
Great continuation.
Maybe by the 6th game the flame will be so weak it will finally go out for good.
>>
>>335946454
I'm certain that in your head, the handle of lore and backstory works the same way in 2 and 3. You're wrong, but you won't believe me or change opinion anyway. So keep on my dumb friend.
>>
>>335946616
IT WASN'T FLOATING
TIME IS CONVOLUTED
IT'S IN A GODDAMN VOLCANO
ANOR LONDO IS IN DA3
RRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>335946189
>Theres is nothing good about it.
The core combat is still good, the build variety is great, plenty of areas are well designed, the DLCs are excellent, the bosses are at least above average. It does alot of things worse than DS1, especially world design, but saying that there's nothing good about it is just plain disingenuous.
>it invited the whole "I beat this totally hard and cool game, am I a real gamer!" crowd into the series
No, Dark Souls 1 did that long before. Demon's Souls already had the beginnings of it too, it was only saved by the small, more experienced fanbase. People dismissing criticisms with "git gud" has been happening long before Dark Souls 2 was even announced, idiots were fucking defending the Capra Demon in exactly the same way.
>>
>>335946772

What the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (88 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
88 KB, 1280x720
Just compare this ''cathedral''
>>
>have DaS: Prepare to Fug edition on Steam
>don't play it because it's a garbage 360 port and keyboard/mouse is FUBAR
>use my old logitech controller and decide to try it out after all this time
>STILL has problems like not being able to bind controller keys since the in-game UI is stuck on keyboard
>can't lock-on to enemies at all, buttons aren't bound to where they're supposed to be

Just got to the Bell Gargoyles and I've realized the whole point of this game is running around backtracking until you grind enough souls to level up so you can deal with boss shockwaves. I will probably keep playing it's fun ENOUGH.
>>
>>335946858
>he didn't get the canon ending
The story is done.
>>
>>335946858

Good simplification but that's how most people who are wrong convince themselves they are right.
>>
>>335941753
>But the game is shit
>>
>>335946952
to this one, it's like the b team didn't even try.
>>
>>335947058
Impressive
>>
>>335946806
Because people kept asking for them to make these games. It's obvious that the team didn't want to continue the story, so instead of throwing some garbage around and call it dark souls they decided to at least give the series a proper ending.

They've also mentioned that they're done with the series, which I think is a good thing. I'm not too keen on the universe as I am to the gameplay mechanics.
>>
>>335937217
Does this really warrant the game being shit on? Nigger, you are playing a game with time travel, fire breathing dragons, undead curses, FUCKING MAGIC, shooting fire out of your hands, wielding massive weapons, etc.

But geography that doesn't make sense is not okay? Just think of it as fucking magical phenomenons you fucking autist.
>>
>>335946735
there are only 5 statues in the base game. One is Rosabeth. The other is Straid of Olaphis. Straid is blocking a bonfire. The other three are literally nothing (three lion warriors blocking a chest or something).

That image you posted is probably from Scholar, I dont know what it is at all
>>
>>335946975

No you just upgrade your weapon with the shards you should have if you did any kind of exploring and you kill the boss.

No grinding needed.
>>
>>335946317
But why would something cool be up there? Vendrick took all the important shit and bailed, we figure this out the second we actually enter the castle when he's trying to hid shit why would he put it in the most eye catching thing?
>>
>>335947058
fucking b team, why can't they make invisible cathedrals
>>
>>335947058
Oh man, that is one sexy cathedral
>>
>>335946863
It doesn't matter if the lore can explain this, it's been eons after anor londo going to shit, in DaS2 it's already implied that lordran doesn't even fucking exists anymore, it's mindless and shameful pandering that it's somehow still there, located on the fucking sewers, and still populated with ILUSIONS, you can't be serious, this must be some God tier bait, because no one would be this retarded to just eat this shit and say it tastes like pudding.
>>
>>335947173

No its not ok when the geography making sense was one of the biggest pluses of the original
>>
>>335947037
Yes, there is side shit about the church and the profane flame. But the actual story of Light and Dark had no progress what so ever. And it also mentions the after effects of Killing the bed of chaos.

Scholar of the first sin added more with Aldia's desire to find a path separate from Light and Dark. It was an actual interesting idea that just did not literally 100%

They should actually link the Usurp the Flame ending to that idea.

But it is probably just a rehash of the serpents wanting this dark because reasons.
>>
>>335938193
Yes, gameplay means nothing.
The only thing that matters is how the levels connect up right?
>>
File: 1419869645715.png (127 KB, 404x335) Image search: [Google]
1419869645715.png
127 KB, 404x335
>>335946806
>How about some new concepts?

This is Fromsoft you're talking about

>I can't believe anyone would eat this much pandering in any game.

How many Armored Core do we have already? Around 10?

Fromsofts fanbase swallows every shit they put out, no matter how lazy they get, and they will defend eating that shit endlessly no matter how retarded they look for it
>>
It has the most content of any game in the series but has very little of the magic that made DKS1 feel so special. It's a cool as shit game and definitely one you can dump 100+ hours into if you have SOTFS and "game out" on with MTN DEW an DEWRITOS (or your choice of snack) and get super nerdy over with both the lore and gameplay.

It has good (not the greatest) gameplay and shit loads of content. That alone makes it decent. I guess if you're autistic that's not good enough.
>>
>>335947305

Its the architecture its boring. it looks cool from the outside because ts a map painting but a dull elevator in actually gameplay
>>
>>335947209
one of the lion warriors has a key to Ornifex on him
>>
File: clearly-better-game.png (77 KB, 431x612) Image search: [Google]
clearly-better-game.png
77 KB, 431x612
>defend the best Souls game

why?
>>
>>335947385

You think the trash that is Ds2 is canon? they ignored it for a reason because t was embarrassing.

Why should the director of the first game take into consideration anything from the deformed fetus that is the 2nd?
>>
>>335947385
>in DaS2 it's already implied that lordran doesn't even fucking exists anymore
Feel free to back that up with sources.
>>
>>335947209
In Things Betwixt SotFS on PC or newer consoles. I think there is an estus flask shard behind it. I didn't realize this until Drangleic Castle but SotFS changes nothing one PS3/360 except for adding the DLC. Enemy numbers and placements and all items are in the same spots.
>>
>>335947727
/v/ are a bunch of contrarians.

DkS2 > DkS1 > DkS3
>>
>>335947473

God your absolutely stupid.
The levels suck so the gameplay is wasted of garbage.
>>
>>335947821
From what I've seen of Scholar, I'm glad I didn't buy that version. The new enemy and item placements seem terrible.
>>
>>335947775

>they ignored it

lol
here's your (you)
>>
>>335947401
Get over it you fucking autist, Dark Souls 3 was shit in that regard too. Why aren't you crying about it?
>>
>>335946904
>The core combat is still good, the build variety is great, plenty of areas are well designed, the DLCs are excellent, the bosses are at least above average.

I agree that the build variety is pretty good.

The core combat might be good, but I just can't stand the walking/running animations and how they mocapped everything without rigging the models correctly. It looks lazy and dumb. I also hate how most enemies move, especially mid swing. It's not so much about the difficulty of the tracking, but more about how it just looks really bad.

Early game Dks2 also feels kinda bad with the no i-frame thing, and everytime I reach the pursuer/last giant section I just lose interest.

The dlc's overall leveldesign was ok i guess. However the enemies and boss locations were pretty awful, especially in the iron king/sunken king dlc. It was shitty how you had to crawl through corridor after corridor without a single boss fight to break the pace, and the you get 3 fights in 3 different directions at the very end. Felt pretty shitty from a level design perspective.
>>
>>335948016
Except it wasn't. Do you live in some parallel world or something.
>>
>>335947173
There's a thing called suspension of disbelief.
It's easy to believe in magic and all that as long as it's within the universe, but this is clearly just a design-error in the game itself.

The biggest design-error is when you go up an elevator from a lonely tower into a giant volcanic area. Anyone who actually take in the environment will understand that this makes no sense at all. In Ds1 and ds3 you can most of the time look behind you and see where you came from, and it makes sense geographically. This makes you more immersed into the game.

Another thing that Ds2 does to break the suspension of disbelief is after you defeat all the big bosses and you're heading towards the castle. You'll notice that the only thing standing in your way from the castle is just a few boulders that you could easily climb over weren't it for the mechanics in the game. So instead of climbing over the game lets you kill a bunch of bosses just to walk around it. I have no idea why they didn't just make it like a blocked entrance like in Ds1, but it's small things like that which ruins the whole experience. It comes off as lazy design.
>>
>>335947775
Oh I don't know because there is literally NPCs from 2 and the fact that Aldia's creations are still running amok. (Drakes/Wyverns)
Why he did it? Because mashing everything together was the BEST and ONLY choice he could have made.
>>
>>335934408
It's fun.
>>
>>335947401
>when the geography making sense was one of the biggest pluses of the original
"Pure clean lake under a poisonous city and at the same height of the world's lava"?
>>
File: Untitled2.png (96 KB, 437x341) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
96 KB, 437x341
>>335947727

Show the user scores.

Unless your goign to pretend like game journalist know what they are talking about.
>>
>>335947982
Well then I guess it's not all bad. I was kind of looking forward to new stuff but if it's just bullshit I don't mind. Did anyone play both the original and SotFS? Which did you prefer for item/enemy layout?
>>
>>335947775
>Anything that's not from Miyazaki doesn't matter, forget how concepts from Dark Soul 2 and how there's a fucking giant as a boss in the game, seeds or even mechanics such as 100% over equip burden, nah it's not from DaS2, it's from fucking DOOM.
End yourself.
>>
>>335948302
>user scores

You're just asking to compare shit with trash
>>
>>335948292

SO you don't understand the souls universe right?

The lava is artificial its from the Chaos Flame

The entirety of the souls world is being help up by everlasting trees

Like holy shit
>>
File: 1461794612035.png (152 KB, 2208x2148) Image search: [Google]
1461794612035.png
152 KB, 2208x2148
defend this
>>
>>335948131
I felt that it was a nice break from the main game where the bosses came at such a frequent pace that it felt very formulaic. The only thing that kinda sucked is that they don't allow you to fight Sir Alonne earlier to break up the pace, but that makes sense because he's meant to be somewhat hidden. Otherwise it felt fitting because the areas were all building up to the encounters near the end, like with Sunken you were seeing the dragon and learned how central he and Elana were to the area, with Old Iron King you were getting rid of the healing statues and with Ivory King you were collecting knights to lead a raid on The Old Chaos.
>>
File: 1442282659743.png (343 KB, 463x600) Image search: [Google]
1442282659743.png
343 KB, 463x600
>>335948302
>user scores
>>
>>335948302
>user scores
>>
File: DarkSoulsIII 2016-04-08.jpg (392 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
DarkSoulsIII 2016-04-08.jpg
392 KB, 1600x900
>>335948457
To be fair though, while 2 wasn't scrapped from the story. It was made either irrelevant or retconned in some areas.
>>
File: Souls (35).jpg (271 KB, 798x1036) Image search: [Google]
Souls (35).jpg
271 KB, 798x1036
>>335948457

What giant? its completely different giants the giants from Ds2 where rocks with holes for faces.

So they carry over a few tidbits from 2 so its defenders don't feel leftout .
>>
>>335948598
Where's the tree/lake in 2? 3?
Also why is it artificial?
Is the lava in the Iron Keep artificial as well?
>>
>>335947209
Estus flask and coffin
>>
>>335947775
>I like to ignore the fact that Giant tree in the back of Firelink Shrine was from 2
>I also like to ignore torches
>Oh and the fact that bosses have second phases
>In fact, let me ignore the NPCs, the areas, the lore, and pretty much everything else mentioned from 2 into 3
Just because you don't like the game doesn't mean Miyazaki did, you idiot.
>>
File: DS2_memory_giant_face.png (263 KB, 661x399) Image search: [Google]
DS2_memory_giant_face.png
263 KB, 661x399
>>335948785
>>335948790
hurr durr
>>
>>335948772
>>335948779
>>335948580

You realize your a "user" right?
>>
>>335947173
>in-world consistency doesn't matter

So if Donald Trump was the final boss you'd be okay with that because of "fucking magic" ?
>>
>>335948864
Bosses with phases aren't new to the series, even Demon's Souls had them. Just not as much of an emphasis as DS3 (which kinda felt repetitive to be honest)
>>
>>335948598
"Pure clean lake under a poisonous city and at the same height of lava"?
>>
>>335948790
>See Storm ruler's description
No wonder you're a retard, you don't even know why the giants had holes to begin with.
>>
>>335948649
100% accurate
>>
>>335948785
>>335948790
There's a DS2 giant right outside of Firelink Shrine.
>>
>>335948131
>The dlc's overall leveldesign was ok i guess.

Compared to what nigger?
That's only true if you take DaS 1 as a comparison

The DLC has by far the best level design in the entire series, excluding the first half of DaS 1

Horsefuck Valley is the exception of course

Level design wise Demon's was generally good, DaS 2 was shit and DaS 3 was mostly shit too

I don't get why From doesn't just keep making areas that you travel through vertically, they seem to have that part down
>>
>>335945696
The fuck are you talking about, I'm playing the game right now and this is all what I have to put up with.
>>
>>335948649
Can't, it sucks ass. Was Dark Souls 1 an accident or something? It really feels like they don't even know what they did so right with it.
>>
File: DarkSoulsIII 2016-04-64.jpg (616 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
DarkSoulsIII 2016-04-64.jpg
616 KB, 1600x900
>>335949071
Yeah, but i think they made changes too. Look at it's back, i think it's implying it's a hollowed giant. If someone can confirm if 2 giants had that mark on the right shoulder.
>>
>>335948912
I don't understand!
Why do they all have the holes when you are fighting them?
>>
>>335949004
I guess DS2 popularized them, since that had a big emphasis too. So, you got me there.
>>
>>335948830

2 is irreverent they didn't even try to make it feel like the same universe but Tings Bitrix is based off Ash Lake.

I'm pretty sure there is a giant underground tree area in ds3 where you fight the Old Demon boss.

Its artificial because the Witch of Izalith create the Flame and the city around it

>>335948864

Yeah tidbits
>>335948790
>>
>>335949278

Pretty much. Dark Souls 2 was supposed to be more of the same in terms of world design, but it was fucked in the development cycle.
>>
>>335949189
>The DLC has by far the best level design in the entire series

Sunken and Ivory King maybe, Iron King not so much.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
67 KB, 1280x720
I did it guys!

I beat O&S on my 6th try, without solaire!
>>
>>335949224
if you really want to farm you can join the covenant of champions, it'll repopulate the world and turn off the despawning until you leave the covenant again
>>
>>335937217
dark souls 3 still has shit like this, though less noticeable

for instance, you can see the entrance to irithyll dungeon from smouldering lake, but you cannot see smouldering lake from the entrance to irithyll dungeon

I also think profaned capital and smouldering lake might actually overlap ingame, though we'll need a 3d map thing to know for sure
>>
pro tip you can't
>>
>>335949456
good, summoning is literally the same as cheating
>>
>>335949428

Iron King has great vertical level design, the interiors are just dull as shit.
>>
>>335948924
Unfortunately hundreds of idiots are too.
>>
File: doggeh.png (575 KB, 684x346) Image search: [Google]
doggeh.png
575 KB, 684x346
>>335949536
>there are people who actually believe this
>>
>>335949007

I still don't get what the problem is? the pure clean lake spands the entirety of whats under the world.

Izalith Its also above Ash lake if you see it from the tomb of giants
>>
Better than DaS3 in many aspects.
Maybe it's because DaS3 doesn't have DLC still

DaS2 has content up the ass, better PVP, atmospheric and interesting story IF you beat the DLCs to get the true ending.
>>
>/v/ is contrarian its not going to claim ds2 wasn't a huge clusterfuck

its like this board is colelctively striving to be as gay as possible at all times
>>
>>335948790
>>335948785
Is Yhorm even a giant? Or just a really big guy?

Giants in DaS1 looked completely different
>>
>>335949428
You're right, Iron was the weakest of the three

Still up there though

They should have just made DaS 2 and 3 level based like they did back with DeS, that would have solved a lot of problems like the retarded bonfire placement and the useless shortcuts
>>
>>335949386
From what I remember they said that the decision to allow bonfire warping from the get-go was a very early one so I doubt they wanted a world design like the one in DS1. It's seriously a shame because at this point King's Field is much closer to Dark Souls 1 when it comes to the exploration than any actual Souls game.
>>
>>335949626
>I can't beat this boss, let me turn on cheat codes so it'll become easy
>I can't beat this boss, let me summon some asshat so it'll become easy

what's the difference
>>
>>335949384
>tidbits
Then what about the Blue Sentinels? And the Way of the Blue? And Mirrah?
>>
>>335949740
He is a capital "G" Giant. Killed with the Giantslayer. And it's even implied he's a descendent from the Giant Lord from 2. Legit Giant.
>>
>>335949740
>Giants in DaS1
wut
>>
>>335949807

Ds2 babies would be confused with they didn't return
>>
File: 1461915213322.jpg (6 KB, 249x242) Image search: [Google]
1461915213322.jpg
6 KB, 249x242
>>335949875
Stormruler doesn't even do anything special to the other giants in the game

>And it's even implied he's a descendent from the Giant Lord from 2
>>
>>335949626
>being a butthurt summon babby
>>
I'm playing through this game right now and most bosses are too easy. The only really cool boss fights so far (I'm in the Iron Keep) were Ruin Sentinels, Belfry Gargoyles and Smelter Demon
>>
File: giant.jpg (19 KB, 300x336) Image search: [Google]
giant.jpg
19 KB, 300x336
>>335949921

Um?
>>
>>335949921
You know, the giants in Sen's Fortress, the Giant Blacksmith, Hawkeye Gough?
>>
>>335934408
It made it mainstream.
But fuck, it was fairly decent even though the story was utter shite.
>>
File: bra.jpg (60 KB, 609x607) Image search: [Google]
bra.jpg
60 KB, 609x607
>Miyazaki says DS2 is canon in an interview
>his drones still can't accept it as fact and insist on retconning DS2
>>
>>335949626
Fighting a boss with the aggro split between two+ people is roughly 1000% easier.
>>
>>335950056
>>335950063
Oh right. How do they explain the differences with them?
>>
File: Immagine.png (95 KB, 1366x736) Image search: [Google]
Immagine.png
95 KB, 1366x736
>>335949329
Maybe holy rocky is the giant's version of "hollow"?
Concept art of the Pyromancer Giant also shows a more ape-like face.

>>335949628
>the pure clean lake spands the entirety of whats under the world.
Being under a poisonous city should affect that one part.

>Izalith Its also above Ash lake if you see it from the tomb of giants
Lost Izalith is. Demon Ruins isn't.
>>
>>335949761
Honestly, I'd rather have bonfires that are close to each other like in Dark Souls 3, than having to do shit like the runback in 4-4 in DeS.
>>
>>335949959
>Stormruler doesn't even do anything special to the other giants in the game
This is worse than anything the B-team did in DS2.

Fuck heads wanted to make a gimmick fight, and quickly gave it a lore explanation so autists would applaud it. But then they forgot to make their meme lore consistent with the rest of the game.
>>
>>335950208
they don't

the best theory I heard was that the giants in DaS2 were giants who put their souls in golem bodies, but no one really knows
>>
>>335950208

B-Team.
>>
>>335949942
The same thing could be said with Sunbros and Dickwraiths.
>>
>>335937217
The whole game I was seeing that thing in the distance thinking it was going to be an important, imposing end game area and in the end it's retarded non-sensical elevator and one room with nothing in it but some dumb whore.
rip in shit z-team
>>
>>335949959
>Stormruler doesn't even do anything special to the other giants in the game
All the more, only the tree giants from 2 must be affected by it.
>>
>>335950271
oops, meant 1-4.
>>
>>335950172

Do you know how awkward meets would be if he said what he really thought about 2 and its direction?
>>
>>335950370
Yhorm isn't a tree giant though

He's like a third kind of giant or something
>>
>>335950208

Giant is just the term used for both races due to their size relative to humans. There's no reason to believe that both races of Giants were ever in contact with the other continent, so they didn't have to make separate terms.
>>
>>335950290
Gimmick bosses are what you get when you try to please the Demons Souls mega fanboy autists
>>
File: DarkSoulsIII 2016-04-91.jpg (404 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
DarkSoulsIII 2016-04-91.jpg
404 KB, 1600x900
>>335949959
College teached me to never claim without references to back your statement.
>>
>>335950553
how does this connect him to the giant lord in any way
>>
File: DarkSoulsIII 2016-04-14.jpg (437 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
DarkSoulsIII 2016-04-14.jpg
437 KB, 1600x900
>>335950553
>>335950617
And then i upload the wrong image.
>>
>>335950440

He made it clear that he didn't like a lot of mechanics from DS2, hence why he changed them for DS3. Keep denying it if you want though.
>>
>>335950704
Clearly he is the son of Vendirck who raped the female Giants after invading them.
>>
>>335950704
Maybe he's related to Vendrick? He was a big guy

Giant Lord never really conquered anything did he? I thought he lost the war
>>
File: image.png (138 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
image.png
138 KB, 350x350
>>335950821
You mean Vendick.
>>
File: 1460856162254.jpg (23 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
1460856162254.jpg
23 KB, 512x288
>>335949536
>>
>>335950949
He's right

Summoning makes every fight a joke

You may as well have turned on god mode
>>
>>335950805

what he REALLY thought

Mechanics are one thing but creative vision is a nother
>>
>>335950915
He was going to until Bearer kill him.
He had army and everything. He's a conqueror alright.

I said the game implied. It's Dark Souls, it'll never give you a direct "He is the son of that Giant from the previous game."
>>
>PS1 textures
>Most forgettable npc's in the entire series
>Most boring atmosphere in the series 'le everything will be forgotten'
>Soul memory

Granted the pvp eventually became viable after a bajillion dulc's and patches.

But the core problems always remained.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.