[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Playing as females in video games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
Does anyone else actively embrace your identified gender through your chosen avatar when interacting with others? If so, do you find it helps more with the dysphoria than just internally placing yourself in your avatar's shoes?

I'm totally closeted everywhere except online, with no plans to really out anywhere else any time soon as it isn't safe to do so. But I was thinking I might get better results regarding dealing with the dysphoria if I were to "roleplay" in my identified gender. I don't like the term roleplay here in this context because presenting as your identified gender isn't play (though I'm sure it must be exhilarating) and it isn't a chosen role, it's being myself/yourself. However, I use the term in a non-gender-related way to refer to one being "in character", it is often common while playing a RPG in a larger community (it would be a bit hard in a solo game).

I've never RP'ed and thinking about doing so brings up a similar feeling of anxiety and hopefulness that thoughts of presenting as a woman does, albeit less severely because of the vicarious / physically removed nature of doing it from the comfort of my keyboard. So far I've just been wistfully admiring my avatar and enjoying the game, just with the added internalization of "I wish I looked like this and am as free as she is" thrown in good measure every so often. An added bonus; my guild does seem to be LGBT friendly as we have several openly gay members on teamspeak (voip) and in text chat. Again, I'm not out to them, but I like to think that someday I might be.
>>
>>335923250

I make mai waifu in video games, I don't pretend to be a female.

You are a queer faggot
>>
>>335923415
this

I have Rei Ayanami in most games.
>>
File: Depressed Lego Man.png (640 KB, 3840x2176) Image search: [Google]
Depressed Lego Man.png
640 KB, 3840x2176
>>335923569
>>
>>335925609
...well if you're OP I didn't mean to offend you or anything.

I just love my Rei
>>
>>335925857
but

SHE'S A TOILET
>>
>>335923250
I don't think I'm a women in man's body but i have a hard time playing a male character in game where i have the choice for some reason
>>
File: Rei a shit.png (150 KB, 360x274) Image search: [Google]
Rei a shit.png
150 KB, 360x274
>>335926152
this
>>
>>335926152
wut
>>
>>335923250
I mostly play guys now. Though in fighting games I kind of gravitate to qt girls, but ultimately it comes down to who I like playing the most.
>>
>>335926319
See>>335926306
>>
>>335926447
wuuuut
>>
File: Rei.jpg (18 KB, 400x540) Image search: [Google]
Rei.jpg
18 KB, 400x540
>>335926682
toilet
>>
>>335926773
I'm from the toilet and I say FLUSH'EM ALL.
>>
>>335927346
ye
>>
File: IM FROM THE TOILET.jpg (174 KB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
IM FROM THE TOILET.jpg
174 KB, 1920x1040
>>335928229
FLUSH'EM ALL
>>
>>335923250

If playing a female avatar does something for you, then go for it. Just remember that you're doing it to explore your own feelings and identity. You're not escaping into a lie but trying to explore a truth within you. If you're transgender, make it a stepping stone into the physical manifestation of your identity. Be wary of falling into the stagnancy of manipulating any special treatment you might receive from internet virgins.

I transitioned about ten years ago and did something similar in the beginning, using female avatars/characters to live out a part of my life that I couldn't yet express in the physical world. Looking back, I no longer have any need for that now, and often play male characters just for fun.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.